Hint: Hover over a field name if you want to know what it's for.

Author: Raize, Posted: Thu Oct 8, 2020 6:17 PM, Post Subject: [Event] A Fair Game [P/R]

Rhenakos was helping others escape when he finally caught up to Kalina and Ayaa, and when he saw Kali staring in shock and covering Ayaa’s eyes, he stared off to the center ring. He immediately threw up his hands in utter dismay. “For the love of..;fucking Gods damn it, I just can’t!” He grabbed Kali and Ayaa, and pulled them towards the exit of the tent.

“Just let them do what they want. I give up!” Rhenakos was obviously just done. Ayaa was apparently scarred, staying in a quiet shock as they left the two crazies going at it in the middle of a burning circus.

Meanwhile, Lewis and Simone had absolutely no issue being left alone., Audience or not, they were going to do whatever they pleased, the circus be damned.

As Rhenakos, Kali, and Ayaa left, the tent finally gave out, collapsing. The hunter wasn’t too worried about them…at this point it would take a lot more than this to kill them.

Rhenakos stared at Kali for a good few moments before finally speaking. “We…don’t talk about this, okay? I’d rather just drink these memories away. So how about it…we all want to go out bar hopping? Osiria’s pretty much given me the clear to not come home tonight…and after that…”

Author: Simone, Posted: Thu Oct 8, 2020 6:08 PM, Post Subject: [Event] A Fair Game [P/R]

Their blood felt on fire. The moment the resonance waned she found herself around Lewis. She was panting heavily and he was as well. There was nothing else around them as they kissed and practically ripped each other’s clothing off. There in the destroyed circus they took each other with a new energy. The flames whipping blue like the first time in the valley.

Meanwhile–

Kalina saw the fire as she took a beast and snapped its neck. “AYAA. RHENAKOS. THE CIRCUS! What if people are inside?” The blue fire was eerie enough to be part of all this. “COME ON! We have to make sure everyone is evacuated out of the tent!” She could see it falling in on itself.

“Let’s go!” She started to run with the other two. What they found in the inside made her immediately put her hand over Ayaa’s eyes, “By my mother…” Simone was bathing Lewis in her own fire as she sat on top of him panting.

“I would fucking marry you again and again. I love you,” Simone let it out as a scream as the resonance was rampaging through her.

“SIMONE! LEWIS! The circus is imploding come on. We have to leave,” Kali yelled for them.

Simone was too busy looking at Lewis, "This is our power."

Author: Dusk, Posted: Thu Oct 8, 2020 5:45 PM, Post Subject: [Event] A Fair Game [P/R]

The two felt as one, spinning about with daggers as Simone learned to weave a macabre dance of blood and death. All around them beasts and wraiths fell, and with each step their resonance grew. They grew hotter, moving faster and in perfect step, until Lewis noted that something was…different.

It was no longer Lewis and Simone together. They were one person, a black and blue set of elegant wings sprouting from a maniacal silver haired man. You and I…we are one. Literally. I can feel everything. The death sped up around them as the fire spread. The tent was starting to collapse, but the fused couple seemed not to care. To them, the flames were nothing.

“Burn it all!” Lewis said, laughing as his eyes flashed azure blue. “It’s so wonderful! End it all…burn it to the ground!” They were panting, the feeling of intensity overwhelming. “I fucking love you!” The larger part of the tent collapsed behind them, crushing more of the dark beasts. At this point, it seemed as though the fused Lewis and Simone were being left alone, the remnants choosing to run instead of confront them.

And so they basked in the fire, relishing the feeling of being one, laughing and howling as if a crazed beast themselves,

Author: Simone, Posted: Thu Oct 8, 2020 5:05 PM, Post Subject: [Event] A Fair Game [P/R]

Simone kissed him back her blood mingling in both their mouths at this point. It was so familiar of the time with Envy and Greed. Only Simone wasn’t scared and the way she gripped him made it clear that if they weren’t in trouble she would take him just as much. “Shhh, then lets kill everyone causing the problems and have fun after~”

She smiled as she kissed him telling him, “I would love to fucking dance with you again.” She took the dagger. “Teach me?” She looked at him innocently enough. “Guide me like I guided you when we got married.” Lewis helped her throw the first dagger and she made a face as she just barely missed where Lewis wanted her to throw.

“Let me try again,” Simone said stubbornly as he helped her with the next one and nailed one of the beasts directly through its throat. “I did it!”

Author: Dusk, Posted: Thu Oct 8, 2020 4:37 PM, Post Subject: [Event] A Fair Game [P/R]

Simone’s whispers brought about something inside of Lewis. As she handed him the bone dagger coated in her blood, flames started to coat the dagger, igniting due to her blood. A wicked smile spread across his face as he took a step forward. He wasn’t even worried when Simone was pulled away. He knew from their resonance that she was fine.

“Burn, baby., burn…” he said to no one in particular, launching himself into the wrath, stabbing the blazing dagger into it. “My darling made a request…let’s burn it all!” he said as he stabbed the wrath over and over, looking up just in time to see a black and blue phoenix soared through the air, lighting the top of the tent on fire. As Simone landed next to him, he pulled her into a passionate kiss.

“You’re so fucking hot right now. If we weren’t so busy…” More of the beasts surrounded them, but Lewis was focused on Simone for the moment. “Tell me, love…would you care for a dance?” There was a madness in his eyes, and he was panting, obviously aroused by the whole situation. He pulled out a second dagger, holding it out for Simone. “I would be honored…:

Author: Simone, Posted: Thu Oct 8, 2020 4:27 PM, Post Subject: [Event] A Fair Game [P/R]

She had been suspicious but having Lewis nearby helped calm her nerves to see what would happen. “It was pretty sloppy,” Simone added onto Lewis’s words as she took the bone dagger and cut herself loose. Simone managed to pull herself off the wheel. There was a sick noise as she tore the daggers of the wraith out of her and dropped them. The wraith was looking at her. She ran the bone dagger through herself before giving the dagger to Lewis.

“I guess, we’ve found a game we can be really good at,” she wrapped herself around Lewis from behind. “I know what I want…” She put her lips to his ears. “I want to watch this fucking circus burn~ That’s better than all the stuffed animals in the world. I really liked this dress.” She motioned to it and kissed his neck.

One of the trapeze workers swung down and took her. She sighed a bit, “The captured princess thing is starting to really piss me off.”

“Just be quiet and do your job of being a victim.” That just pissed Simone off as blue fire started to burn the man alive. A black bird with blue flames shot out over the circus as she dove and picked up the smaller partner. Fair is fair. Simone’s voice shot into Lewis’s head as the woman screamed as she burned. Simone dropped her from a high height.

The phoenix flew down and Simone transformed from a burst of eerie flames. “Right? Fair is fair.”

Author: Dusk, Posted: Thu Oct 8, 2020 4:09 PM, Post Subject: [Event] A Fair Game [P/R]

When the man took Simone, Lewis started to protest, but she seemed okay with it. Still, there was a nervousness in the pit of his stomach. The energy in the room was changing, and as the final act began, Lewis realized why. The clock struck twelve, and everything shifted. As the wraith threw daggers into Simone, it looked to Lewis for a reaction.

Despite his growing anger at the wraith, Lewis simply stood up and started to clap among the panicking audience The wraith seemed confused, and Lewis simply smiled. “She’s right you know,” he said as Simone called him a bitch. “You’re technique is abysmal. Here…let me show you…” He pulled out the bone dagger, and tossed it at Simone’s bindings, freeing one of her hands. He pulled out another set of daggers, and elegantly tossed them into the wraith’s shoulders.

“Watch…” He pulled out another two daggers, throwing them perfectly into the wraith’s wrists. He started to walk down to the center stage, ignoring the raging beasts and other vile creatures of the midnight hour. Lewis pulled out a final dagger, and threw it hard, aiming for the dead center of the wraith’s head.

“The aim is key…isn’t that right, my darling Simone?” he asked as he walked up on her.

Author: Simone, Posted: Thu Oct 8, 2020 3:57 PM, Post Subject: [Event] A Fair Game [P/R]

Simone blushed and nodded, “I want to learn… and I want to help you.” She perked up and kissed his cheek. “I trust you too with everything. With my soul. My body. Everything.” She pressed her lips to his as her voice was a quiet whispered. “I’m sure that we can. It is all about just trying I think. With the two of us… We can do anything.” She held his hand close and kissed his fingers. “We can look into animals later and start small. It should be fun.”

As the animals came to an end. A man came up to Simone and held out his hand. There was something wrong with the magic in this place. She couldn’t pin it down. “May I borrow your wife Sir? Just for a show. She is beautiful. She’ll be my assistant.” The man didn’t wait as he took Simone down into the ring.

“Ladies and gentlemen! We are nearing the midnight hour!”

Shit… She had forgotten. “We will close our show with this lovely volunteer.” This wasn’t going to be good was it. She was strapped up on a wheel as the man got some daggers. Oh boy. Something was screaming at her that this was going to go wrong.

“LEWIS!” She cried as the magic click. “GET ME DOWN! THE MAGIC!”

The colors of the circus changed and so did all the animals and the circus people. The man with the daggers was now a wraith who threw several knives into Simone. She sat there strapped. “Does it hurt? Sir?” The man looked up at Lewis.

“Does it hurt?” She started to laugh maniacally. “You throw like a little bitch.” There was blood going down the corner of her mouth.

Author: Dusk, Posted: Thu Oct 8, 2020 3:41 PM, Post Subject: [Event] A Fair Game [P/R]

Lewis gave Simone a look when she said she wanted to be flexible and agile. “You have no idea,” he replied with a half smirk. “But if you want to practice, we can start the moment we get home. I’m sure with the resonance you’d pick it up quickly.” He stared up at the show. “It’s all impressive, but it’s nothing I can’t do either. It’s about control and weight shifting. Also, those two-” he pointed. “Those two have absolute trust in each other. They have to, otherwise they’d fail.”

The assassin looked to Simone. “I have absolute trust in you. It means we can do all of that, and more if we try.” He smiled, for once. He quieted down and watched the rest of the stunt show. The next set, though, was intriguing as they pulled out a variety of fierce animals. They seemed to be happy to perform with their caretakers, dancing and prowling about. Several of them were mirror images of the stuffed animals that Lewis had won, which made the show that much better.

“This is fancy,” Lewis stated. “I wonder if we can train animals to help kill….”

Author: Simone, Posted: Thu Oct 8, 2020 3:30 PM, Post Subject: [Event] A Fair Game [P/R]

“Simone is a nice girl. She is just a bit weird and has been through a lot. She’s good for Lewis and he’s good for her.” Kali shrugged and rubbed Ayaa’s hair. “Just have to believe that.”

The next time Kali saw those two Simone and Lewis had about twenty huge stuffed animals. “Looks like she cheered him up…”

Simone smiled up at him and nodded, “I am getting bored of all these games… It’s also getting late. Maybe we can see what happens at the circus, You could protect me and I could pretend to be scared~” She teased.

After putting the stuffed animals into her box she held his hand walking to the circus. This was the final show of the night. They stood in line waiting for their time to get the seats. The show was fascinating as they watched the troupe do their daring stunts. Simone was even clapping as two of the people swung on swings and flipping around.

“They are so agile… I want to be flexible and agile,” Simone made a face.

Author: Dusk, Posted: Thu Oct 8, 2020 3:18 PM, Post Subject: [Event] A Fair Game [P/R]

Ayaa stared in disbelief at the way that Simone was acting towards her. To both of them, Ayaa was nothing more than a nervous strange, and yet the woman was acting with kindness and compassion that the thief didn’t know either of them were capable of. Lewis didn’t seem to mind the act, but even he seemed a bit taken aback by the action.

With Kali nudging her, Ayaa took the rabbit, stuttering out a ‘thank you’ before watching Simone drag Lewis off to a food stall.

Ayaa looked to Kalina and Rhenakos, still confused. “What…just happened?”

Lewis took the candied apple, and sniffed it hesitantly. It seemed okay, and as he bit into it his eyes lit up with surprise. Sweet Simone. He looked at her and smirked. “It’s delicious.” He leaned into her for a moment, feeling her physical presence before devouring the rest of the apple. After their little interaction there, they moved on to the next set of stalls, all of which Lewis excelled at. Several large stuffed animals later, and Lewis was starting to get bored of the mindless stall games.

“What shall we do next?” Lewis asked. “You mentioned a circus? How about we head over there?” He was interested to see what kind of sights there could be there. They had heard a lot of rumors about the show.

Author: Simone, Posted: Thu Oct 8, 2020 3:06 PM, Post Subject: [Event] A Fair Game [P/R]

The man fixed the button with ease and Simone had watched how anxious Ayaa was. Was it her? Did she make Ayaa feel this way? Or was it Lewis and her? She tilted her head. “I want to try…” She made Lewis hold onto her things.

“Are you sure?”

“I’m not strong but I still want to try~” Simone batted those gray eyes as she handed a piece of silver to him.

“Alright… Give it a go.”

Simone hefted the mallet as much as she could. She indeed wasn’t that strong as she only got a one. She held an even smaller rabbit than the one Lewis got her. “Here… Ayaa.” She held it out. “Please, don’t look so down. I hate it when people are upset around me.” She offered a smile.

Kalina saw that Simone was well in tune with the area and smirked. She could be a good person. “Well, Ayaa… go ahead and take it.” She pushed Ayaa towards Simone.

"I'm Simone and this is my husband Lewis! Today is our last day of vacation before we return home," Simone wasn't sure why she was telling Ayaa. "The caramel apple cake is good you should try it." By the look on Simone's face she had an idea. "I know how to cheer you up," she said it to Lewis before dragging him off to the food stalls. She handed him a candied apple. "Try it," she took her stuffed animals and smiled.

Author: Raize, Posted: Thu Oct 8, 2020 2:59 PM, Post Subject: [Event] A Fair Game [P/R]

Rhenakos was simply smirking when the stall owner asked if he was to take the mallet. He had been around Kali long enough to know that she was much, much stronger than she appeared, and physically could probably bench press him if she so desired. But watching her break the button for the mallet so effortlessly drew a gasp and a look from Rhenakos.

“Take me now, Kali,” he said half jokingly. There was definitely some kind of tension between the two. Ayaa looked a bit confused, but pushed the thoughts aside. If Osiria and Kali had a deal of some kind, that wasn’t her concern. No, her concern was making sure that Lewis and Simone were behaving.

The woman seemed to be disheveled, but happy. The young thief was so very confused. What had they done? She thought back to the conversation she had with Rhenakos earlier, and suddenly felt like an idiot. Oh. It was hard to accept, but maybe their relationship was…normal. At least for them.

Ayaa sighed. “Can we just…go do something else now?” She seemed almost deflated, but at least she was finally giving up on the useless hunt for Lewis’ devious acts. “Or do I need to leave all of you alone?” She was honestly getting a bit annoyed at the constant flirting between all of the groups.

Author: Simone, Posted: Thu Oct 8, 2020 2:47 PM, Post Subject: [Event] A Fair Game [P/R]

Simone’s eyes lit up as Lewis stepped up. She was bouncing with anticipation as she watched it go up and up… But it didn’t reach nearly as high as the man before. She appeared pleased though. Lewis was an assassin, he was strong but he wasn’t strong. She knew that and she appeared proud of Lewis regardless.

However, Lewis was still trying as he gave it another go. He did just a bit better as she was handed the little black rabbit. “You are fine, I think it is cute.” She showed Lewis the black rabbit. “We can go do another game that might be more you. I think I saw a ladder game~”

Ayaa had wanted to follow them considered from the way Simone’s clothes looked that Lewis had tried to kill her. Kali was watching and she sighed a bit. “These kids~” She dragged everyone up and pushed Lewis lightly.

“Give me the mallet,” Kalina held out her hand and tossed a coin.

“Do you want me to give the mallet to your boyfriend?”

“Fuck you, Rhenakos isn’t my boyfriend and I don’t need a man. Now give me the fucking mallet,” Kalina glared as the mallet was given to her. “I’ll win Simone the stupid stuffed animal since you want her to have it so bad.” She swung it down with all of her might cracking the button as the bell rung hard.

The big man who had won before had his happy look drain away as the blacksmith stood back up and offered it back, “I broke your game… The stuffed animal now.” She handed Simone a giant red dragon stuffed animal. Simone was impressed by the look on her face.

“Holy shit… Kalina, you are so strong!”

“Not the strongest in Sularia that much is for sure. Toya would have broken the damn game.”

Author: Dusk, Posted: Thu Oct 8, 2020 2:38 PM, Post Subject: [Event] A Fair Game [P/R]

As the two approached the strength game with the bell, Lewis watched as a fairly strong man left with his head held up high. He hadn’t rung the bell but seemed content with his strength, which made it seem that this game was, for the most part, a fair game. As the assassin approached, the stall’s owner started his spiel.

It boiled down to hitting the giant button and seeing if you could ring the bell. Straightforward and simple. Lewis took the hammer, and smirked. “Here. We. Go!” He hefted the hammer, and slammed it down with all of his strength. The bar rose, flying up and-

“Three out of ten!” the game master said with a resounding voice.

Lewis stared at the game, and then to the game master, and then back to the game. I could just kill him. “Let me go again.” The man shrugged, and simply stepped aside. Once more, Lewis hefted the hammer, this time pulling from Simone’s resonance, and crashed the hammer down.

“Four out of ten!” Lewis narrowed his eyes. It wasn’t that the game was rigged. It was that he was trained for stealth and speed, and not strength.

“I guess I can’t win at this one,” Lewis said. The game master gave them a consolation prize, a small black rabbit stuffed animal. It was better than nothing, but the assassin almost felt bad. He wasn’t exactly brimming with his previous confidence. “Sorry…”

Author: Simone, Posted: Thu Oct 8, 2020 2:26 PM, Post Subject: [Event] A Fair Game [P/R]

Simone’s heart melted and it showed when she snuggled into Lewis. He was a hot knife to her and she was most definitely butter. It might not have sounded good to others but to her, it was the way the resonance spoke. “I would certainly love to watch you do that,” she pushed herself up and kissed him once again.

She took his hand after they fixed their outfits the best they could so they could leave the basement. “Then I’ll aim to get as many as I can. I like watching you work,” she teased. The mirrors weren’t really all that interesting as they left the basement. The two were more interested in each other.

They came out of the basement to the backyard as Kalina and their little ground was coming out of the sweet route. Simone was snuggled up onto Lewis and her head barely turned to look at Kalina. Interesting. She saw the girl they were with. That had to be Ayaa.

“We should go to the circus after this. I heard before dark that the show is good. At least, that’s what the people at the food stall said.” She toted Lewis towards the games again. “But maybe~ after you win me more stuffed animals.”

They found a strength game and Simone looked at Lewis. “How about this one?” He just had to hit the bell right? Lewis was strong to her… but was it enough?

Author: Dusk, Posted: Thu Oct 8, 2020 2:13 PM, Post Subject: [Event] A Fair Game [P/R]

Lewis held her for a moment before responding. Being happy was complicated for Lewis, but he knew that he was content when Simone was around, and that it was enough. They had barely spent time apart since her revival, and her lack of presence was noticeable. While he could tolerate her being gone, it made him uneasy. Perhaps once they grew accustomed to their resonance that feeling would eventually fade, but for the time being he heavily disliked the feeling of being away from her.

“I’m glad I make you happy,” Lewis said with a half smirk. “I would do anything for you. I’d face all of the Gods if it meant keeping you.” Despite his lack of enthusiasm stating it, their resonance proved his devotion to those feelings by giving them both warm, caring feelings for each other.

“Now…let’s get out of here,” the assassin said as he adjusted his pants and looked Simone over. He had enjoyed their little distraction, but was definitely ready to move on. “There’s still plenty to see, and I’d hate for you to miss out on an opportunity to get some more stuffed animals. Whatever you want…I’ll get it for you.”

Author: Simone, Posted: Thu Oct 8, 2020 1:56 PM, Post Subject: [Event] A Fair Game [P/R]

She found herself not as amused with the biology mirror. She just tilted her head and let out a sigh. “I saw my own skin years ago~” On the floor, off her body, and she thought it was funnier back then. “Sure,” she smiled up at him. Maybe that would help her get back into the spirit of things.

She let him lead her off into the dark corner. They managed to find a small space against the wall. Lewis lifted her up nimbly and showed her the best time that he could. She kissed him hard and held onto him as he maneuvered her.

Once they were done Lewis went to put her down and she kissed him again. “No, no, I… Don’t feel better just yet. Call me greedy,” she whispered to him. “They haven’t noticed yet either~” Not that they did even after the second round. That or they just didn't care which was definitely dangerous.

She kissed his cheek and nuzzled his shoulder looking up at him once they were truly done. “You spoil me and make me happy. You know that right? I want to make you happy too.”

Author: Dusk, Posted: Sun Oct 4, 2020 11:09 PM, Post Subject: [Event] A Fair Game [P/R]

Simone whispering in his ear about fucking a succubus version of herself sent a shiver down Lewis’ spine. The idea was definitely hot, but he wondered if it would be the same. The view in the mirror certainly was something to look at, but with the real one right in front of him it was hard to really imagine it. As they moved on, Lewis noted the change in her behavior at one particular mirror.

Whatever she saw, she didn’t like, and Lewis made a note of that. Still, it was strange. He couldn’t see what she was seeing. Instead, he saw himself reflected in the mirror. I don’t…understand. He was staring at a reflection of just himself. What was so scary about that?

“We can move to the next one, then,” Lewis said as he pulled her away from the ‘greatest fear’ mirror that they had come across. It was strange though, Lewis thought, that when he left the mirror, his reflection didn’t follow. He wondered what that meant. It’s probably a bug in the magic…

The next mirror was something truly grotesque. The pair saw themselves without skin. It was less frightening, and more an interesting lesson in what the human body looked like. He wondered if this could help him somehow with killing. But decided against trying to find a use out of it.

“C’mon. Let’s move to the next one. And…” With a sly smile, he pointed. “Maybe we can slip into that corner over there for a few minutes…I want to bring that mood back. You were happy…it wouldn’t take long to make you happy again…” He winked. So what if they got kicked out? The thrill was a part of the show…

Author: Simone, Posted: Sun Oct 4, 2020 11:01 PM, Post Subject: [Event] A Fair Game [P/R]

Simone smirked at his kiss. “Careful or you’ll make me get us kicked out of here~” She teased him as they continued down. Now she really was cold as the temperature dropped. She could see her breath and she could appreciate the work that went into it.

The mirrors were interesting for her to look at. With all the different people and the one that they stopped at Simone looked pretty hot. She had dark bluish skin and little horns. A sexy little outfit. “Succubus me?” She struck a little pose as the mirror her followed. Then the demon Lewis grabbed him and Simone started to laugh.

Even the mirror Simone seemed insulted that Simone was laughing. “Wonder if she would give you a better fuck than I could,” Simone grabbed him from behind whispered into his ear laughing hard. The mirror her was glaring as the two tried to lure them back in. “No thanks~” She took Lewis’s hand and pulled him. “That’s enough of sexy me for now~”

There was more giggling, “I could actually get jealous of myself.” It was a fun little thought considering how many of herselves actually had their way with Lewis. The next mirror she stopped in made her hair stand up. Her worst fears were staring back at her. It was the fey lord. "I actually don't like this one at all."

Author: Dusk, Posted: Sun Oct 4, 2020 10:51 PM, Post Subject: [Event] A Fair Game [P/R]

The fact that Simone fought back instead of getting scared was alluring in itself, and only made the sensation they were feeling heightened. The assassin nodded, and kissed her quick before finishing the rest of the stairs. It was now cold enough for his skin to form goosebumps and his hair to rise on his arms.

There were mirrors everywhere down the path. Some of them seemed to contain people, or at least the after image of people who had come by. They moved to the first one, where a demonic version of Lewis and Simone were reflected. This version of the assassin had blood red skin and black eyes, with wicked horns and a tail of fire. As Lewis smiled, the reflection smiled as well.

“I don’t see how this is scary,” Lewis said. The reflection frowned, almost as if insulted. It reached out, and grabbed Lewis’s shirt, as if to pull him in. The assassin slammed his hand down onto the demon’s arm, “Ah, no thanks! I’d rather not!” The smile never left his face. The demon arm retracted, and the reflection could be seen rubbing the wound with a furious look on his face.

“Oh, so sad…better luck next time.”

Author: Simone, Posted: Sun Oct 4, 2020 10:41 PM, Post Subject: [Event] A Fair Game [P/R]

Simone wanted to see them try too. It had been a while since she had been scared of anything. The last thing she was scared of was never seeing Lewis again. Obviously, it wasn’t a problem anymore as she held his hand a little tighter at the thought.

She got a kick out of Lewis being turned into random things. She herself was turned into a fat bird and a long snake woman. It was sort of funny and watched Lewis’s reactions. He was enjoying himself. This was good for them. She peeked down the stairs and got a sly smile back at her husband. “Oh please, like we even need it dark. What are they going to do at us… yell?” She lightly flicked her finger up under his chin. “They would probably just kick us out of the house… or even the fair.” That last thing made her a little sad but the thought of it was thrilling.

She shivered a little as they got down. She snuggled up to Lewis and walked by some of the lit mirrors. She was wrong if she thought she was going to get creeped out. It was when something grabbed her hair and pulled her back away from Lewis. She swung around and yanked it back from whatever had it. “Something touched me!” She saw a hand going back into the mirror. “The mirrors.”

But instead of getting more scared a smile grew on her face. “This is what you were looking for.”

Author: Dusk, Posted: Sun Oct 4, 2020 10:34 PM, Post Subject: [Event] A Fair Game [P/R]

Lewis scoffed. “Please. Scary? I’d like to see them try.” It was as if the house were challenging him, and he didn’t feel like backing down. Perhaps it was the resonance filling him with reckless courage, or perhaps it was just the fact that he was actually enjoying himself for once. Regardless of the reason why, Lewis and Simone walked hand in hand down the path of ‘fear’.

The first few rooms felt, for the most part, normal. There were some goofy mirrors that played with their appearance, one of them showing Lewis as a fat little imp, and another that made him look like a tall, slender rat. Simone got a good few laughs out of that, and Lewis got equal, if less pronounced enjoyment at her own warped images in the mirrors. It wasn’t until they found the entrance to the catacombs below that their interest was piqued.

“Well, now this is looking a little more promising,” Lewis stated with a sly smile. “Maybe if it’s dark enough we can get away with…” He didn’t need to finish the statement to know that Simone knew what he was talking about. The two descended into the lower parts of the house, feeling the temperature drop as they went further.

“This is exciting,” Lewis said with a wide, almost crazy smile. “Do you feel it? This presence is so familiar…I wonder what we’ll find.”

Author: Simone, Posted: Sun Oct 4, 2020 10:23 PM, Post Subject: [Event] A Fair Game [P/R]

She seemed very pleased with the way that Lewis was analyzing it. “Negotiate your coins back?” Her lips curled into a smile. “That’s a very fun way to put~” She whispered into his ear and blew some hot breath on it before she got her little box. It was funny watching Simone put her big stuffed animals into it. That was the best part though was that they fit. “I really could have the whole fair if I wanted~” She attached the book like object to her hit and she felt like an adventurer.

Simone felt like a bad influence but then again Lewis wasn’t stopping her bad behavior. She took his hand and held it tightly as they looked up at the purple mansion. “Sure! Let’s go see what’s inside it. Maybe it’s a spooky ghost and I’ll jump into your arms so you can save me.” It was laced with sarcasm but you never knew what Simone would do. She could do it just for the act of doing it.

Once they got in front of the house of mirrors she watched as a group of people came running out screaming. She put her hands to her ears for a moment. “That shrieking…” She pulled Lewis inside with little fear.

Simone was reading the signs out loud. “This way for our bravest adventurers, if you dare ORRRR this way for some sweet rewards if you don’t mind some fun.”

She tilted her head and pointed left. “The other way seems like it’s for pansies. We have each other we can do anything we want. What the hell could they show me that I haven’t already actually lived through anyways. Should be fun either way. Maybe I’ll actually get scared.”

Author: Dusk, Posted: Sun Oct 4, 2020 10:09 PM, Post Subject: [Event] A Fair Game [P/R]

For some reason, Lewis felt the need to be smug after his throw knocked every single bottle down from the stall owner’s obviously rigged game. It had to have been the resonance, and with Simone’s cute, and ‘innocent’ play of jumping in his arms only made the feeling sweeter. Perhaps it was similar to the reason why he started assassinating in the first place…the satisfaction of the game being rigged from the start and somehow still succeeding.

When she chose the panther stuffed animal, he gave it an odd look, but shrugged it off. If she thought he reminded her of a panther, what was he to do other than accept it? He simply smiled, and continued on. Simone could have just about anything she wanted from here and he’d be fine with it.

At her mention of the lack of storage, he nodded. Despite his usual preparedness, he hadn’t brought anything that could help. Luckily, there seemed to be a vendor available to help with that very problem. He eyed the device, and his eyes widened. “It looks a lot like the one I have, so I’m pretty sure it will work. I’m not an expert though…” He eyed the vendor, and despite his grubby appearance, seemed genuine in his wares.

“It’s a risk, but I’d say it’s a valid one.” He looked at the box. “Besides…if I find out that it’s a dud, I can always…” The assassin looked at the vendor. “Negotiate my coins back…” It was starting to become a theme. Lewis was wondering just how much they could get away with before getting kicked out. “We’ll take one.”

With the stuffed animals being stuffed in the new storage box, Simone and Lewis made their way to the next attraction. “That mansion over there…the purple one…” He pointed. “Do you want to head there? Looks like it might be fun.”

Author: Simone, Posted: Sun Oct 4, 2020 9:51 PM, Post Subject: [Event] A Fair Game [P/R]

Unlike Lewis, Simone had grown up the only daughter of a king. She had been spoiled and given everything. However, it was the life she lived after that had not only humbled her but hardened her. It was Lewis who softened her up. Despite how Lewis actually was himself. The only people she had soft attachment to were the people she had met before her death. Her eyes were often angry or icy with everyone else but for those few people she trusted~ They saw the real Simone.

Lewis, let me show you our power.

The moment the azure was active she was quick to tap him softly and kiss his lips, “For good luck.” Then she watched as he readied the ball. Her magic had gone through him strengthening his throw. Not giving the stall owner the chance of stealing their money.

The ball hit the weighted bottles like a brick knocking them all over in one good hit. “YOU DID IT!” Simone acted surprised as she jumped into his arms like a cute girlfriend. The stall owner’s mouth was agape as he looked at the already huge stuffed animal she had.

“You… can pick whatever you want.”

Simone took a look at the stall. She pointed up at a panther stuffed animal that was equally as big as the one she had already, “That one.” Once she got it she smiled over at Lewis. “It reminds me of you.” She didn’t honestly know how many more she could carry but it still made her really happy.

She saw some of the vendors and one was saying something about endless storage, “Lewis… I can’t carry all this…” But she wasn’t complaining just to complain. She bounded over to the stall. “Does it really work?” She tilted her head. It looked like a book and it had a strap for securing to your waste. “What do you think?” She looked up at Lewis. "I could get so many more stuffed animals~"

Author: Dusk, Posted: Sun Oct 4, 2020 9:30 PM, Post Subject: [Event] A Fair Game [P/R]

Despite his appearances and disinterested look, Lewis was paying full attention to the list of things that Simone was offering to make. Growing up the way he had, he had never had the opportunity to experience any of these treats. He found himself salivating at the thought of them, which was a fairly new sensation that he was not expecting to experience today.

His thoughts were sidetracked by her sudden desire to go to another game. Lewis got up and stretched, readying himself for another game that was more than likely rigged.

Like the first game, the man seemed shady and suspect, but Lewis ignored it and focused on the point of the game. It was simple enough; toss the balls to hit the milk jugs. There was a part of the assassin hat felt that the milk jugs were probably weighted, or even enchanted, but unlike the last game, he knew he could overcome both of those with a little bit of skill and luck.

Watch… Lewis’ eyes flickered azure blue, if but a moment, as he readied himself to throw the ball. This one’s for you…

Author: Simone, Posted: Sun Oct 4, 2020 9:18 PM, Post Subject: [Event] A Fair Game [P/R]

Despite his dull tone, Simone didn’t miss a beat. It didn’t honestly bother her at all because she knew how Lewis was. Any other girlfriend or wife would have been upset but not Simone. “For spiced cider?” She smirked a bit. “What if I told you I know how to make it? About maybe… five hundred years ago I was taught how to make it. I bet I could still do it… If you want me to.” It was hard for her to pull memories before but now she had a library she could pull from.

It was hard to describe what her memories were like. It was like looking at archives for her and all she had to do was associate things and she could figure out. She was taken back and jolted a little when he dabbed her with the napkin. Her gray eyes were watching his and she chuckled a bit, “At least I know you’ll always take care of me. No matter what it is.”

There was that sound again, “Do… you think that person is okay? That’s twice.” Her ears were sharp but eventually, she shrugged. It wasn’t her problem. It looked like Lewis was sensing the same thing. “There’s definitely magic but I don’t know what it is.”

She picked up her stuffed animal after she finished her cider. “You might like candied apples too. They take caramel and dunk apples in…” She pointed towards one. “I used to help out with a fair that’s how I know. I did a lot now that I think about it. We were traveling with them to hide me for a while. There’s also apple pie~ Pumpkin everything.” Somehow she knew he would like the apple stuff more though.

“There’s also toffee,” she explained before she saw another game. There were more stuffed animals and she took his hand in hers. “There’s a game… looks like you knock over milk bottles.”

Author: Dusk, Posted: Sun Oct 4, 2020 9:06 PM, Post Subject: [Event] A Fair Game [P/R]

If it had been any other instance, Lewis probably would not have eaten the food. There was just something about food from a fairground though, that could be trusted despite it’s dubious origins. At the absolute worst, it was not poisoned at least, and so Lewis was willing to try it when offered.

He took a bite of the pastry, and was pleasantly surprised. The assassin had never really been one for sweets, but this one had an apple base to it, and his mind immediately wandered to how Simone tasted. Spicy Simone. He furrowed his brow. He would probably need to stop associated things to the taste of Simone. People might start to find that awkward, or even take it the wrong way.

“It’s…delicious,” Lewis said with a dull tone that sounded nothing like what he felt. He took a sip of the cider, and was immediately met with the wonderful mix of fall flavors, all with the overtone of apple. “I could get used to this…we need to find a recipe.” He noticed that as Simone was eating, she had a piece of it stick to the side of her lip. Without missing a beat, he took a napkin and wiped it away. “You’re a messy eater…”

Yet again, Lewis noted that there was a strange sound from behind. This time, it definitely sounded like someone slamming their head into a table, but when he looked there was nobody around.

“I wonder if there’s some kind of magic that is meant to keep us on edge here…” He shrugged. “It’s not like I can’t handle anything that comes our way.”

Author: Simone, Posted: Sun Oct 4, 2020 8:57 PM, Post Subject: [Event] A Fair Game [P/R]

And somehow… That response made her feel better. “Yeah, I guess you are right.” She gave him a smile and it suddenly didn’t bother her anymore. Lewis made her feel better and she took his hand. “Best husband ever~”

Simone looked behind her at the noise but shrugged it off once she didn’t see anymore. “How about some fair food?” She looked up at him innocently. “It’s autumn and apple-flavored everything is about.” She got them to a stall and set her stuffed animal down. Getting two cups she handed him one. “Have you ever had spiced apple cider before? It’s really good.”

Once they had the cider she had some cake with some cinnamon apple slices and slight powdered sugar. Using a fork she held some up to Lewis to taste. “It’s yummy~”

Author: Dusk, Posted: Sun Oct 4, 2020 8:49 PM, Post Subject: [Event] A Fair Game [P/R]

The fact that they “won” the bear did not really give Lewis satisfaction. In fact, if it had not been for the fear practically dripping off of the stall owner, Lewis might have been grumpy. But, to his luck, Simone’s resonance was pushing back against this annoyance, her elation over the stuffed teddy bear overriding the desire to kill the man out of spite for his rigged game.

“I don’t really understand it,” Lewis said as he shrugged off the “older” and “younger” Simone talk. “Simone is Simone. Young or old…you are you.” It was a strange yet simplistic way to look at it, and that was all he really needed to be okay with it. “And I like you for being you.” He flushed. Saying it out loud sounded absurd.

There was a strange noise from behind them, like the sound of someone choking on something, but Lewis ignored it. There was no hostile intent from it, and anyone who dared attack them in such a busy place would find themselves surrounded by staff, and possibly worse.

“Where to next?” Lewis asked. He didn’t exactly hate this place, but he wasn’t attached to it either. It had been Simone’s idea, and he went with it, knowing it would make her happy. As long as she was happy, he honestly could care less where they were. “What other games are there? Maybe I can find something…less rigged.”

Author: Simone, Posted: Sun Oct 4, 2020 12:25 AM, Post Subject: [Event] A Fair Game [P/R]

It had been Simone’s idea to go to the fair for the last day of their honeymoon before returned to Lord Raith’s. Lewis was unenthused by it but she was sure that somehow they could find something to do that would appease them both.

They had been walking through the fairgrounds with her arms around his arm when she spotted it. It was the largest stuffed bear she had ever seen. A woman of her age shouldn’t have been so in love with it and she shouldn’t have wanted it but there was still a tinge of younger Simone left. She wanted it badly.

Simone had great faith in Lewis so when he missed and then he kept missing her excitement turned into immediate disappointment. Her face was so sad when she realized that they were running out of darts. These stalls were always rigged but she thought Lewis’s skill could out beat their rigging. Apparently not.

Once Lewis threatened the stall owner though the man’s face cowered a bit. Simone looked a bit more pleased as the dart hit its target. The man went for a smaller stuff animal and Simone puffed her cheeks a bit. “I would hate~ For anyone to think that Lewis missed any of the shots because someone was using magic circles to blow small gusts of wind,” Simone whispered it to the stall owner who shuddered.

“I could… in theory tell everyone. I could, in theory, make you lose all the business that you could earn~ but that wouldn’t be half as bad as what Lewis will do to you if you don’t give me that stuffed animal~” She smiled as she pointed to the big one. “He would have hit all the darts.” The stall owner looked between the two and shook his head.

“I give. I give. The lady gets her bear,” he took it down and handed it to her. “It’s just a bear.”

“It’s something I wanted and my husband wanted to get it for me. Don’t trivialize it just because you are sour someone figured you out,” she made a face and snuggled up to the large bear. “It will look cute in our room.” Their room. She was moving into his room. That’s right.

She walked away with Lewis now and she sighed. “Even now bits and pieces of her remain,” she stared down at the bear. “I don’t even know why I wanted it so badly.” She squeezed it to her. “Guess she loved you so much she didn’t want to fully go away herself.”

Author: Dusk, Posted: Sun Oct 4, 2020 12:07 AM, Post Subject: [Event] A Fair Game [P/R]

Why are we here?

Lewis eyed the balloon not even ten feet away from where he stood. There was no way he could miss from here. The fact that it was a cheap dart supplied by the game master was beside the point. The assassin was trained with a variety of different styles and weapons, including bows, knives, daggers, and even darts. Everything was screaming att him that this should be an easy toss, and an easy win.

As Simone watched, her eyes wide with want at the giant stuffed animal, Lewis threw the first dart. Impossibly, the dart sank just below the balloon, slamming into the wall with a thud.

“That’s a miss,” the man said. His grimy smile matched his misshapen red striped suit. Lewis was sure that the missing teeth were from being decked over a cheap game. “Two more shots.”

“This is bullshit,” Lewis stated, taking aim. Everything about this game screamed that it was a scam. Simone had to have known that, but her desire for a stuffed animal seemed to have won over her common sense in this instance. For as much as they were alike, Simone and Lewis definitely had different ideas of what constituted as ‘fun.’

Lewis tossed the next one. It sailed over the balloon, and hit the wall. No fucking way. The assassin glared at the greasy man, and then to the balloon on the wall. “Would be a shame,” he said aloud as he took aim with the last dart. “For Lord Raith’s assassin to lose at such a simple game. It would make me look bad. I’d hate to find out that someone rigged a game to make me look bad…” He eyed the man. “I’d be terrified to close my eyes for even a moment…” There was a flash of a sadistic smile as Lewis let loose the third dart, and let it sail through the air.