Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Vilpamolan Coast > Perditi Cemetery > A Quest [P/R]
Greysia

Character Info
Name: Greysia Ironheart
Alignment: TG
Race: Human
Class: Mage Student
Silver: 0
When Greysia and Hiro had finally reached where the orcs were suppose to be they found nothing but the land laid to waste. There had been bodies of both humans and orcs spread out. Fires had been put out and the burnt grass crunched underneath their feet. “What do we do now?” She had took a leave from the college for this! Hiro had promised to teach her how to control her magic somehow.

A huff left her lips as she took his arm and turned back. They discussed the many things that they could do now but it all led down the same path. They wanted adventure. They wanted excitement. Two young kids on the adventure of their lives and not quite sure what the hell to do with it.  They made it all the way to Adeluna when Greysia spotted a mercenary’s board. Pulling him over with as much strength as her little body had she tilted her head. “Let’s pick one of these.”

She looked over all of the notes. Mermen making a scene in the Nyella Ocean, they didn’t have a boat. Dragons making a scene on Apoy Island, again the boat but dragons were damn scary for someone who couldn’t use magic hell. Taking a heavy breath she was getting frustrated. Finally her eye spotted something. “Retrieve a family heirloom from the haunted crypt in Perditi Cemetery.” Her eyes turned to Hiro.

“It can’t really be haunted can it?” She had heard stories of the cemetery as a girl and shrugged them off. After all she was raised as an Ironheart, they didn’t scare too easily. With that settled they made their way to taking a caravan to the pirate haven. They sat in the back of a rickety wagon for what seemed like days and she thought they were going to die before they got there.

Finally they were dropped off at the road up the cemetery. They began to walk and suddenly a low dense fog came from no where. “I’m sorry but that’s not normal.” She gave a slight shiver and looked up at Hiro. “So the crypt is suppose to be in the northwest corner of the cemetery. Where the hell should we start looking?”

OOC: The Lovable Admin Brittlez!
Hiro Kouen

Character Info
Name: Hiro Kouen
Race: Humanoid Elemental
Class: Elemental Knight
Silver: 1067
Hiro was disappointed that the orcs had all been defeated or driven off.  There was no adventure to be found here.  No action either.  The battlefield has filled with naught but corpses.  "We need to find something else to do, some other adventure.  We need a mercenary board, it is the only way."  They traveled to Adeluna where they found that mercenary board Hiro mentioned.  It was right outside of a tavern, where adventurers would most likely be found between their travels.

A family heirloom lost in a haunted crypt?  That sounded like an interesting adventure.  "I doubt it, but I'm not afraid of any ghosts anyway.  It could be a prank, like some kids playing tricks on our client.  Making creepy noises to scare him off for laughs.  Either way, I can cast fire, so we should be fine."  He brushed off the thought of ghosts.  He didn't know if she'd be scared of them or not.  "How common could ghosts actually be anyway?  They're not everywhere, right?"  He said with a smile.

They finally arrived near the graveyard, the wagon dropped them off and took off in a hurry.  Hiro and Greysia walked down the path into the white fog that started approaching from the graveyard.  "I'd say we look for the biggest buildings where it's more probable to be.  What kind of heirloom is it anyway?  What is a person doing with a possibly valuable object in the middle of a graveyard in a crypt?"  It did seem somewhat suspicious.

They arrived at the cemetery, an old, rusty gate stood in their way.  Hiro pushed the rickety old gate open with the loud screeching of rusted metal rubbing against metal.  The gate opened up, revealing ancient gravestones upon gravestones, with the occasional larger crypts and monuments littering the cemetery.  "Lovely.  Looks like people are dying to get in here," he chuckled.  "Shall we?"

Greysia

Character Info
Chuckling towards her companion she didn’t want to break it to him that ghosts or spirits could wander anywhere they pleased. “Well…” Her voice dragged out. “In Parvpora, they are quite common. I would imagine they are over here as well. It’s more than just ghosts in a graveyard. Wraths, Undead, Lich, you name it and the cemetery could have it.” She was trying to recall all the things she had learned about at the college.

When the wagon finally dropped them off she looked over at Hiro and got nervous. “Also ghosts, spirits, zombies, and lich tend to be where dead bodies are… and we’re right over top of one of the largest cemeteries in all of Revaliir…” She was getting cold feet as she decided to cling to his arm.

Two stupid kids in a cemetery later and Greysia laughed nervously. “Maybe it’s not theirs? Maybe it’s cursed. Looking at the piece of paper detailing their trip she tilting her head. “Suppose to be a necklace. A gold necklace with bloodstone and quartz in it.” She groaned. “Great, so basically probably a necromancer’s tool. Oh yeah, NECROMANCERS are in cemeteries.”

After calming down she went through the gate with him and took a deep breath. They were at some of the oldest gravestones in the cemetery already. “Would have been maybe a bit more helpful if we knew what the crypt looked like.” There were some fancy crypts in the distance and that was probably their best bet at the moment. “You have terrible jokes,” she found herself laugh non the less.

Making their way their the fog she began to feel eyes on her. Not just a pair but many. Many they were the eyes of the damned. Through the soil she felt something take hold of her. She let out a screech, loud enough to wake the dead if they were still sleeping. Soon she found herself hanging upside down from a rotting Ent root that seemed to be enchanted and left over. “UNDEAD ENT. GET ME DOWN NOW.” She felt sick as she swung back and forth. She held up her robes. “AND DON’T PEEK.” Oh what a time to be afraid of that.”

Hiro Kouen

Character Info
Hiro grunted, his cunning ploy to show her how brave he was and reassure her not to be scared failed.  "You're supposed to be reassured that ghosts aren't anything to be afraid of and be impressed with my bravery," he gave a laugh.  "My father taught me about undead, but I didn't think they were all THAT common, else you'd just cremate everyone who died, instead of sticking them in graveyards so they can turn into ghosts, zombies, and the living dead.  Instead of stacking bodies on top of each other, and sticking them in the ground, you can just incinerate the bodies and, I don't know, put them in urns?  It would be safer."  Maybe if everyone thought like that, they would have less undead to worry about.  Greysia explained what the item they were looking for looked like.

"We'll be fine, you've got me here, and I've got you.  You're the brains, and I'm the brawn."  He felt the mage holding onto his arm, she clung to him in fear, he felt a blush come to his face as she did so.  "Together we're stronger than some wannabe necromancer."  The duo progressed into the cemetery.  They did not know what the place they were looking for looked like, just the general direction the thing was lost in.  They were going to probably be spending a lot of time in the cemetery until they found what they were looking for, or gave up.

Suddenly, she was ripped away from him, and was stuck hanging upside down on a branch of some kind of rotten ent or treant, or some such.  She screamed as she was being shook through the air, warning him that she was being attacked, and to not look at her skirt.

"Damn it!  I'm more concerned for your life than your modesty, Greysia!  Let me kill this thing, and get you down safely!"  Hiro drew his blade from it's sheath.  The Undead Ent attempted to grab him with its root.  The young knight swung his blade, parrying the Ent's attack.  He closed distance between his enemy and swung his blade, carving a cross shaped scar through the animated tree monster.  However, he'd more than likely chip and dull his blade before he could completely chop the ent in half and kill it.  He had to use his magic to kill it.  Holding the bastard sword in one hand, he pointed his hand at the monster.  His hand started glowing with a burning, orange radiance as he unleashed a blast of flame at the ent.  The flame struck the monster in the trunk, sending burning bark flying.  He started preparing another blast of flame, but the ent started waving Greysia in front of itself as if she were a shield.

"Bloody tree, I don't have a clear shot!  Damn it all!"  He dodged another attack from the ent, while trying to figure out how to destroy the damn thing.  He ran forward, dodging another attack.  "I got it, brace yourself!"  He aimed his finger at the branch that was holding Greysia, and blasted it half with a small burst of flame, dropping Greysia to the ground.  He then pointed his whole hand at the ent, jumping back out of reach of the ent's next root attack.  His hand glowed with fiery energy.  The ent suddenly exploded open into flames, pieces of burning, rotten bark flying everywhere.  The ent collapsed onto the ground, coming to a rest.

Sheathing his blade when he was sure the enemy was defeated, he released a breath, and walked to Greysia.

"Are you all right, Greysia?"

Greysia

Character Info
Greysia looked at him seriously for a moment before laughing. “I’m not a helpless little girl. If anything you would have turned me off just now and I would have walked away.” She teased him softly. “Well… Undead are common in cemeteries and that is where we are going. Best have your magic ready.”

The cemetery had put more nerves into her than when she had set the house on fire. Her eyes scanned over the tombstones and she sighed lightly. “I suppose so.” She looked up at his face to see his blush and she remember, they were still just kids. Stupid kids on a dangerous mission for who knows what out here in the cemetery, but here they were.

After the Undead Ent had pulled her up and she made claims at Hiro, she felt calmer. “Just don’t hit me!” It flung her about and she let out wails at every harsh twist, but it wasn’t letting go. She thought she felt her ankle breaking from the grip and thrashing. 

At the word brace, she prepared herself to be dropped. She hit the ground quite hard as she winced in pain. Staring up at him she shook her head. “No, I don’t think so. My ankle got broken at the most.” She took his hands and got up as gently as she could.

With a clear head she reached down and began to glow a soft green. The glow made the area stand back in fright almost. The magic danced around her ankle and it was like she didn’t even know what she was doing. At the end, after her instinct had faded, she looked up at Hiro. “I just used my magic!” She tried to move but her ankle was still tender as she fell into his arms.

“Ow, I mended the bone but the pain is still there.” Around her ankle was completely bruised from the handling the Ent had done to her. She stuck close to Hiro as she looked around. “I’m sorry I got caught.”

Hiro Kouen

Character Info
Hiro hung his head down in shame.  "Damn, I must still have a lot to learn in order to be a great hero.  If I can't bestow courage on someone else who is afraid in a time of crisis or in a scary place, I'm not that good of a hero."  He scratched his head in thought, thinking of something she hadn't considered.  "If undead were everywhere in graveyards, who'd want to work there to bury bodies?  You usually creepy old men who are socially awkward as grave keepers.  You'd have to be some kind of cleric, or a mighty warrior to work here if they were THAT common."

The undead ent proved him wrong, undead were more common than he thought, or there was something very specifically wrong with this graveyard.  He was doing a good job of not hitting Greysia, but he was having a hard time hitting ent with her flailing her about, and he could tell she was in pain.  The way she was being held, and the force she was being thrown about with looked like she could be seriously hurt by the end of this.

By the time he had slain the monster, she hit the ground hard, and with a possibly broken or fractured ankle.  He rushed to her side, to aid her.

"Damn it, we have to cancel this mission then, we can't progress through the graveyard with you injured like that.  We need to get you to a healer or some such, if you want to be able to walk again."  His father had told him an untreated wound was dangerous.  Gashes in the skin could fester and become infected.  Broken limbs could become useless, and maybe even requiring amputation.  You need to see a healer ASAP if you have a serious wound.

But apparently Greysia was able to tap into her magic and was able to heal her leg.  He could see the magic flowing through her wounded ankle.

"Oh wow, you healed it?  Good job!  But maybe we should go back to town if it still hurts."  He quickly caught her as she fell into his arms.  "If you can't walk around, it'll be dangerous.  Or even more dangerous than normal."  She apologized for getting caught.  "It's okay, I'm just glad you're fine now.  I didn't even realize the danger this place holds.  We can't even trust the damn trees!  I do sense a dense miasma from this place now that I'm here.  There's something wrong with his graveyard.  If even the trees are getting corrupted, then there's some serious evil energy here.  We need to tread carefully."