Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Throat of the Moon > Valley of Vada > Fresh Steps on New Land [O]
Shuja

Character Info
Name: Shuja Vasool
Alignment: LN
Race: Indlovu
Class: Forge Cleric
Silver: 754
Ships were never kind to Shuja, but with how the world was having strange sprouting of Fuse Ore coming across almost anything and the calls for help, it would only make sense that a smith would take a lead. After all, familiarity with the ore could be handy to those dealing with it, and with the clerical cloak that hung around her shoulders and wrapping around her body, it would mean she would be safe to approach, right?

Well, it would be if her massive size and odd contraption that rested on her back would have been anything but ordinary. From what she had learned from guests to her land, Indlovus were not ordinary guests to the land nor did many even know of Father Indalo. Maybe they stood back in fear of getting converted, or the fact that she may get aggressive and throw her weight around.

No matter to Shuja, though, as she rested the hood onto her shoulders, letting her elephant ears open to the air and trunk up to catch the smell of the air. It easily had its own unique scent than Onnen. Maybe if times were more peaceful she could seek out other smiths and share trade ideals. Creation was never allowing one to stay idle.

Still, urgency was in the air, and once she was more mentally (and stomachly) settled, she journeyed across the lands, following the voice of these lands gods to a meeting spot. A place they named "Vada" she believed it to be heard? Once there, she was surrounded by others who loved to brandish themselves as heroes and adventurers, ready to tackle on a world-ending threat as if it was another Tuesday, all which Shuja smiled. Of course, it seemed one place was of main interest: a table littered with bottles with other clerics and priests ensuring people only got the one they needed, those who tried to get greedy being forced away.

Approaching the table herself, Shuja gave a polite bow to those watching the passing of these bottles and picked one up herself, being careful of her fingers not to crush it. Just what was in them?
Delanac Ironbrow

Character Info
Name: Delanac Ironbrow
Alignment: LG
Race: Orc
Class: Culinarian (i.e. chef)
Silver: 0
Airships were always crowded, especially in these times. Delanac had almost forgotten that after travelling by boat and on foot for so long. He needed to meet up with Yucca once they were on Canelux, and then they would travel together to Mo'mey. However once he was in Vada, the crowd made this easier said than done. Thankfully he was tall, so if he looked hard enough he should be able to spot the redhead. Looking down at his poor jackal, Bran was half asleep with his tail lying limp. "Just a little longer, boy. Yucca and I'll find a way to help you and the little trotter be proper spry again." Patting the dog between the ears, the orc smiled while his pet whined back. The fountain had a long line already, and he didn't dawdle when it came to taking one and filling the bottle to the brim. With the cap sealed, he tucked it into his bag as he walked about the area, shading his eyes. "Pardon, sir–ma'am, have you seen a red-headed lass about this tall? She's got blue eyes, bright as the sky they are. A traveler's bag slung over her shoulder with a spotted piglet. Ah–oh, no worries! I'll be on my way then." He had to admit he was feeling a tad worried. Not only was it about not knowing where she was, but the sooner they could meet the sooner they could head to the steppes. He had family there, and there were no news of Sviet as far as he heard. His cousins and distant relatives were all living in that city.

While he was still visually searching, he brushed by someone on accident. "Sorry about that, didn't see you there." Delanac said, before realizing who he was talking to. He paused, then realized he was still being rude by staring. In all his life Delanac had never seen someone quite like this person. Great ears broad like banana leaves, a trunk with tusks, and a build which reminded him of solid stone. This being was most definitely powerful and it made him look lithe in comparison. Rubbing the back of his head in embarrassment, he sheepishly asked: "I don't mean to bother, but you haven't seen a lass a head shorter than me with hair red as roses have you? We're heading towards the steppes together. All the folks coming onto the airship had us separated." As he studied the person more closely, he noted some tools which looked familiar. Shifting his other arm, he held Bran close while the pup continued to sleep. 

"Don't look so surprised. Just because we're orcs doesn't mean we're all screaming barbarians."
Yucca

Character Info
Name: Yucca Rose
Race: Rosenite
Class: Chef/Adventurer
Silver: 1920
The people had practically pushed her out of the way and away from Delanac as the ship let everyone off. She didn’t panic as she was used to traveling by herself even though the majority of her life currently was having Delanac by her side. She adjusted the bag with her piglet in it and looked down at him. “We’re gonna get you help Boy… I promise.” There was a sad little oink from him as he tucked his head inside the bag to hide from all the noise around them. She hated to see him like this. Normally, he would perform for the crowd but right now he just didn’t have it in him.

Once she made it off the airship ramp she was startled by the onslaught of waving hands. “Yucca!” There were several of her sisters standing in line for the potion. “It’s so good to see you!” They yelled towards her.

Yucca had a bit of pep in her step once more as she joined her sisters. “It’s so nice to see you too! It’s been about a decade! Look at how big some of you have gotten!” She was so excited to see them as they all hugged each other.

They huddled around Eno and all held a sad face. “He looks so sad… We’re sorry Yucca… Maybe Momma can fix him?” Their eyes all looked at her and Yucca nodded.

“I’m going to ask her… Bran isn’t doing so well either.”

“Who’s Bran?” They tilted their heads at her and Yucca blushed.

“My.. um.. Don’t worry about it, it’s not important. Let’s get this elixir so I can look for him.” Yucca’s words left her sisters stunned as they all huddled around the statue and dipped the bottle in.

One of her sisters Gemma pulled on her sleeve. “Hey… Sis?”

“Hmm?” Yucca looked at Gemma before watching where the half nymph pointed. “That man is looking for you.”

Yucca’s smile came back. “DEL!” She yelled as she got up on her tippy toes and waved. “I’ll see you all in the camp okay?” They nodded before Yucca ran off towards Delanac. “Sorry about that. I got kidnapped by my siblings after we got separated.”

Yucca’s blue eyes looked up at Shuja and bowed lightly. “I found out that my mom might be able to help Bran and Eno. Once we get into the camp we can find her somewhere near the healing tents.” She pulled the bag up in her arms and Eno stuck his head out of the bag once more. He let out a very tired and sad oink towards Delanac. “He’s so lethargic… I’m getting so scared because I’ve never seen him like this.” Looking towards Shuja once more she gave a smile. “My name is Yucca and this is Enokitake or Eno. He’s not feeling good right now though…”

Shuja

Character Info
Name: Shuja Vasool
Alignment: LN
Race: Indlovu
Class: Forge Cleric
Silver: 754
Feeling a shove on her right side, her attention was drawn over and down, as she seemed to have towered over many folks by at least a head. The man before her was no exception, though if she was to read his sheepish reaction to her size, it would be an abnormality to him. Still, she was sure to smile to try and comfort him any bit he could before he asked for some aid. Listening carefully, she thought and shook her head. "I am sorry, but no person I have met so far has met such a description. Though if you wish for assistance, I am sure I ca–"

"DEL!" broke her words as she caught the image of a young woman, speaking to a small group of others before beginning to dash their way.

"Well well. If you are this 'Del' person, I can only assume the one you seek has caught you instead," she chuckled, giving them light talk to each other.  When the little woman, who introduced herself as Yucca, made said introductions and told about issues, Shuja moved down to a knee, if anything to be more at eye level for the pair. "It is a pleasure to meet you, Yucca and Eno, as well as you, grey one and and tired puppy." A hand was raised to try and look over the pig, keeping in mind the word of the street. Does not seem to be afflicted with the Fuse Ore like the road tales, she thought before resting her arm back down. "I am Shuja Vasool, a foreigner to these lands with the wake of blue typically separating us apart, and yet here we stand, side by side thanks to the summons. I can only hope we can be of any aid to those that have been troubled by these Fuse Ores."

Shifting her eyes back over to the man whose skin shined of steel, she commented, "I see you have caught eye of what I carry in my cloak. Whether or not it was accidental or on purpose, I will have no fowl with it."
Delanac Ironbrow

Character Info
Name: Delanac Ironbrow
Race: Orc
Class: Culinarian (i.e. chef)
Silver: 0
It seemed that the crowds weren't too dense after all, as not long after he asked the stranger if she had seen Yucca he heard her voice calling out to him. Turning his head he caught sight of a few other redheads back where she was coming from. Could they be…? She'd told him that she had a big family, and he might not be wrong with that guess. Yucca introduced herself to the towering stranger, explaining where they were headed and why. The stranger herself said she was from the new continent over yonder, though he was left scratching his head over her talking about 'fuse ores'. He'd made it painfully obvious that he was staring at what Shuja was carrying, though Delanac was quick to correct whatever misunderstandings had come about. "Neither do I, ma'am. It's been a while since I've seen such familiar tools. You're a blacksmith or metal-worker, aren't you? Feels like a dog's age since I stood behind a forge with hammer in hand, it does. Brings me right down memory lane." Delanac stopped himself short of speaking more, as he remembered his father's words the last time he was home in Yovaesh. "Well look at me being a proper windbag–tidy work you've got there, Miss Vasool. Or is it Missus? Just a word from one former smith to another." 

Of course that nagging question at the back of his mind made sure he didn't forget to ask before they parted ways. "Not to pry, but what's this 'fuse ore' you were talking about?" He hadn't heard much about the situation in Mo'mey aside from what he already knew, and wasn't sure if things had gotten worse while they had been on the road. Surely whatever mess that was petrifying plant and man alike hadn't begun to spread out from the area? Had it started to appear in other places as well? The very thought made him shudder at it. Proper frightening if it did; there was nothing anyone could do about it aside from the gods. And even then, how in the world had this malachite blight started in the first place? This couldn't be another plague or punishment from ages of old, could it? He looked to Yucca, as if asking if she had heard about this 'fuse ore' too.

"Don't look so surprised. Just because we're orcs doesn't mean we're all screaming barbarians."