Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Throat of the Moon > Highlands > Crimes of the Ancestors {P}{R}
Silverstein

Character Info
Name: Katerina Sofia Silverstein
Alignment: TN
Race: 1/2 Wolf Demon and 1/2 High Elemental
Class:
Silver: 1706
Welcome Home

The way home seemed faster than when they had left. They rode up the trail towards their castle. Katerina couldn’t remove the smile off her face for more than a minute. The happiness she felt was due to the vampire beside her. Nikolaus had proposed to her only three days ago. They had also spent the last few days alone together; engulfed in each other's love.

Seeing the castle appear within the trees and the trail turn into stone, the wolf grew anxious. She wanted to tell her family as soon as possible but had to wait. She wanted them all together before she said a word.

The large gates opened before them to let them inside. Calder and Wilhelm stood at the sides of each door. “Welcome home love birds!” The storm wolf welcomed with a wave as he leaned against the door. “I thought it would be a few more days. How did you get her to come back so soon?” Wilhelm said with a laugh. Katerina tried to hold back her laughter and shake her head instead. “Quiet you.” She said as she jumped down from her horse.

“Mommy!”
Guinevere yelled as she ran down the steps of her home. Evangeline followed her steps but at a slower pace, along with the other sisters. Only one wasn’t there; Kiyomi.

As soon as Katerina’s feet were on the ground, Guinevere was throwing her arms around her mother’s legs. “I missed you, mama!” She said excitedly as she was lifted into her the wolf’s arms. “I missed you. I missed you all.” The Mother Wolf kissed her daughter’s forehead then looked at her other daughters. “Where is Kiyomi?” She asked curiously.

“Bathing.”
Amare came down the steps of the castle, her eyes met Nikolaus and she nodded. He nodded in return with a smile. “Daddy!” Guinevere made grabby hands towards her new father; she wanted to be held. Nikolaus abolished and hugged her tightly for a moment then put her on the ground.

“Amare. Can you send out an invitation for Natsumi family to join us for dinner? Better to send it go Eden.” Katerina’s request was answered by a nod from Amare. She came up to the wolf and kissed her cheek. “Welcome home, Mother Wolf.” The Witch said and flashed a smirk at the wolf.

After the warm hugs, Katerina asked them all to retreat to the living area that they favored. “Would I like me to fetch Kiyomi?” Nikolaus asked as they walked into the castle. “It’s alright, I will.” Giving him a quick kiss, she headed up the stairs.

Unexpected

The wolf made her way down the hall. She was hoping to catch her daughter before she left. Her eldest had taken a liking to her horse rides. “Being locked up in a castle isn’t Kiyomi. She needs to be free…” She thought to herself as she turned down another hall. She knew after her daughter had healed, her eldest would be venturing off once more.

The Wolf Demon’s mind was wrapped up in thoughts of her daughter, it was a soft giggle that brought her back. “What in the fuck?” Katerina wondered as she turned the corner to her Kiyomi’s room.

The Mother Wolf would never forget what she saw at that moment. Just outside her daughter's doors was the vampire, Constantine. It wasn't just him in the hallway, but her daughter as well. The vampire had Kiyomi up against the wall, her leg around his hip, and his hand up her skirt.

Being so consumed with one another, they didn't sense the wolf coming. "Kiyomi." Katerina's voice was stone cold calm. She wanted to scream at her daughter right then but what came out was completely different.

The instant Constantine heard his Mistress voice, he was a blur as he moved to the opposite wall. His head looked down to the floor; waiting for what was about to come next. Katerina didn't remove her glare from the vampire. She had warned him not to go near her daughter; made it explicitly clear he was not to touch her as he was now.

“Mom!”
Kiyomi gasped out and pulled down her skirt. “I can explain.” The eldest daughter stepped toward her mother. Her hands held up in defense.

“You sure as hell will.” Her voice was thick with anger as she glanced at her daughter.

Slowly, her eyes went back to Constantine. “You…. Out of my sight.” The vampire did as he was told and left the two alone.

“Come.” The Mother Wolf needed to breathe and she couldn't do it in that small space. "Mother. Please." Kiyomi started to say but halted in her words; her mother put up a hand to silence her. “I leave for a few days and this shit happens! Bloody hell, can’t a mother get some R&R without anything happening!” She screamed in her mind as she walked down the stairs.

Just as the Katerina reached the staircase, Nikolaus had walked out to see her. He was about to give her a warm greeting until he saw Kiyomi following her. The fox shoulders were slumped down and her head hung. Taking this as a sign that he should not intervene, he stepped back and closed the door. “Looks like your mother will be just a few more minutes. So, how about we play a game while we wait!?” The vampire asked to distract everyone in the room.

Secrets Revealed

Kiyomi followed her mother's lead and jumped onto her horse. They both rode out of the gates together; riding in silence. The two were both lost in their thoughts. Kiyomi was worried about what her mother was going to say, how she was going to explain everything, and how was she going to convince her to like Constantine.

Katerina, however, was thinking about all the ways she could kill Constantine without hurting her daughter. "She is fragile!" She thought as she rode along the path. "He is just using her. Fucking vampire, he is going to die today."

Slowing the horses, she stopped. They were at the border now. Katerina and Kiyomi both jumped off their horses. They stood in the forest in the middle of the path as their horses ventured off to graze. The wolf turned away and stared off into the forest through the magical field that protected them.

“How long?”
The voice of the Mother Wolf was calm and collected. This voice frightened the fox more than her screaming. Taking a deep breath, Kiyomi stared at her mother's back. She didn't know how to tell her mother she had been lying to her for months; riding out to see Constantine, him sneaking into her room late at night, and sometimes she would sneak to his cabin.

The fox didn’t know how to start. How long had she loved the vampire? How long since they first have known of each other’s feelings? How long had they been, whatever they were? Taking a deep breath, she tried to draw some courage from her love for him. “A few months.” She finally answered.

“A few months?! You kept this from me for a few months!?”
That moment was when her voice started to rise and she turned to face her daughter. The wolf couldn’t believe that she couldn’t see what was happening under her nose; in her castle. “How did this even happen? You walk around this castle with a weight on your shoulders. You haven't been the same for over a year, and now you have taken up with some vampire. He sees how vulnerable you are and is using it against you! ” Katerina eyes locked with her daughter as she said this. She needed to know the truth. Constantine was not going to help her over whatever happened in the past.

“Taken up with some vampire! Using me! You don't even know him! He is a caring, generous, loving man. He has helped me overcome my pain.” Kiyomi wouldn’t let her mother speak of Constantine in that way. “If you would stop ordering him around and get to know him, you would see that side!” Kiyomi shouted.

Katerina's fists rested on her hips. “He is over a thousand years old. You are but a child to him, a plaything. He has brainwashed you, tricked you like that boy before. You can't let time repeat itself. ” The Mother Wolf tried to reason with her daughter. The child knew who men were truly like.

“All you think is that I had my heart broken, Mother. It was much more than that. The boy You speak of was a demon. He raped me and wanted to make me his slave. ”
Kiyomi finally said the words out loud. “Constantine would never hide his true face for me then try to make me a slave to his passions. So, Mother, time is far from repeating itself.” The young fox never told her mother what really happened that day over a year ago. Now, in the anger and shame she was feeling, the words came out; unfiltered.
Your feelings of helplessness, shame, defectiveness, and self-blame are symptoms, not reality

"Constantine is a decent man. He loves me more than anything and makes me feel…. complete. The demon took part of me a year ago, not just my dragon blood, but my dignity. I have felt helpless, shame, and guilt. He erases all of that. I feel like me again! And that is because of him.” Finally, the fox opened up to her mother; she couldn't hold anything back anymore.

“She was raped!? That is what happened. Not just a simple heartbreak!?” Katerina screamed within her mind. She hated that she wasn't able to keep her daughter safe. “Why didn’t you tell me?” The Mother Wolf’s voice grew soft as she took a step toward her daughter.

Kiyomi stared at her mother; her eyes feeling with tears. “Because of this…. Because admitting it to you... makes it real.” The fox’s tears began to fall as Katerina's arms circled her daughter. “Kiyomi. My sweet girl.” Katerina soothed. "I'm sorry…." She whispered into the fox's hair. She couldn't help but let her own tears fall.

They cried together for a few moments before Katerina finally spoke. “You really do love him.” The wolf pulled away to look at her daughter. “He doesn't force you to do anything you don’t want?” This question caused Kiyomi to shake her head. “He is kind to you?” The wolf’s question made the fox nod this time.

“He is pretty amazing, mom. Sometimes a bit dark and broody, but he has been through a lot.” The young girl wiped her tears away and smiled softly at her mother. “Please, don’t try to kill him.” Her words caused a laugh to escape her mother’s lips. “No, of course not.” Katerina returned her daughter’s smile and pulled the fox back into her arms.

Silence filled the air while Katerina's mind thought of many questions. She wanted to ask them all but, instead, she asked only one. “Did anyone else know about Constantine?” The mother asked into her daughter’s hair. Kiyomi remained quiet for a few moments before a name slipped through her lips. “Nat.”

Katerina pulled away and looked shocked at Kiyomi. “And she didn’t tell me?!…. Bloody hell. On second thought, she never tells me anything.” They both erupted in laughter.

Intruders
The laughter soon stopped when an explosion happened beside them. The force sent them flying in the air. Katerina hit a nearby tree, and Kiyomi flew onto the ground.

A ringing sound filled the wolf's ears as she slowly opened her eyes. The wolf demon laid dazed for a moment, her eyes blinking; trying to focus. She could barely see the horses running off into the distance then a flash of a figure.

The hooded figure stood beside her daughter. She didn't know if it was her vision or the intruder was really flashing. “Get away from my daughter!” She managed out as she tried to stand, using the tree beside her as support. The no-face figure turned it's head to the side, as if inquisitive.

Still dazed, the wolf tried to run towards them. Before she could reach her daughter, Katerina was hit in the gut by an unseen attacker. “Kiyomi!” She called as she saw her daughter begin to fade away into ash. “Mom!”Was the last thing her daughter said before she was gone.

Rolling onto her back, she tried to see who had hit her. The figure started to flash again and this gave her a chance. Katerina kicked with all her force sending the figure into the tree behind him. The wolf used the tree beside her to get to her feet and began to run. Every time she would start to fall, she would lean against a tree for support. It wasn't long before she reached the castle.

The Wolf Demon's heart was beating so rapidly, it almost felt as if it would explode from her chest. “Please let them be okay!! Please!” She screamed in her mind. She couldn’t let her family be killed.

When she entered the gates, she saw Nikolaus running towards her. “Kat! Kat! The girls. They’re gone! I don’t know what happened. They were there and the nex–” Before he could finish his sentence, he slowly started to turn to ash himself. “No! Not you! Nikolaus!” Katerina yelled as she reached for her lover, only to have her hand go through him.

“Nooo!” She yelled out as she turned around in circles. “WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS!!!?” Tears fell down the wolf’s face. She could only see blurred figures all around her. “WHAT DO YOU WANT!??” Her voice echoed through the skies. Her pain hitting her like a wave.

The day had started out as the happiest of her life. Now, it was the worst. Her family was gone. Dead for all she knew. She was alone.

In an instant, the figures came to her all at once. Then she was gone. The castle laid empty besides two vampires and a witch; Emrick, Constantine, and Amare.

Alone.
The Protector ran out of the castle when he heard the screams of his Mistress. When he reached the courtyard, he saw Katerina disappear. “Miss Silverstein?!!?” He called running out to the spot where she was. “Kiyomi… Kiyomi!” Panic set in as he ran all over the castle and around the borders. No one was left.

“They are all gone…” Constantine whispered as he fell onto the steps of the castle. Emrick stepped down and sat beside his friend. “What …do we do? They… They can’t be dead. Kiyomi. She can’t be dead.” The Protector said softly, almost as if what he was saying was foreign to his mouth.

Emrick laid a hand on his friend's shoulder. They sat quiet; unsure, alone, and afraid.

Amare appeared in the doorway of the castle, she leaned against the wood as she stared down at the two vampires. It was as if all her magical energy was cast out of her. "I can't…. I can't feel their life force…" She whispered as tears rolled down her cheeks.

00Anima

Character Info
Name: Lucina
Alignment: TG
Race: Bound Djinn
Class: Archsummoner
Silver: 1375
An Unlikely Rescuer

Several months later, long after Azhizheth’s army had marched and been subsequently defeated, Katerina’s household fell prey to the grudge of an ancient bloodline. Their old enemies descended upon them in broad daylight; mercilessly poaching any in their path until only those who were supposed to protect the Silversteins were left in the company of their own shame. Every last member of the wolf’s family was abducted that day, save for the sister maids and the rest of the help that dwelled within the castle walls.

Coincidentally, Katerina had tried to send a letter to her daughter Eden earlier that day. The correspondence was an invitation to dinner for my family: one that Eden was supposed to forward to my desk so that I could personally accept it. Alack, the mother wolf could not have known when she commissioned the letter that such a task was impossible.

Forsooth, after escaping from Calamity’s Edge and witnessing Pride’s fall, my cycle - the very same one that had already been waning in the lead up to the war - finally came to a close. I bid my family a temporary farewell as slumber slowly claimed my mind in my own home; and then sealed myself away in an ornate, glass coffin surrounded by forget-me-nots and white egret flowers. There I remained, unresponsive and incapable of conversation; let alone reading a single letter. And so the invitation never reached me.

What a time for such an impasse too. The same moment when Katerina needed me most was the one in which I was unable to do anything for her. Eden forwarded the message to all those who were still in the house at the time, sure; but, because of its contents, everyone was under the impression that the situation was not urgent. It was a dinner invitation, for goodness sake; not a plea for immediate aid!

Fortunately for the wolves, however, not all hope was lost. As luck would have it, Lucina, Minerva and Nea were still in our family home at the time the letter was received, and Eden told them about the party before going off to find everyone else who had gathered in Arri. Nea still had a clothing project she was working on at the time, so she didn’t depart right away; but Lucina and Minerva did.

My darling Lucy was anxious to meet the Silversteins that her sisters had told her about on many occasions, and her impatience for this meeting dragged Minerva along for the ride. The two of them arrived not long after the abductions had ceased, but not before Lizzie had sent them warnings from Arri. Apparently, her group had spotted some suspicious persons tailing Luella and Lucille in the marketplace at Arri; and, although Ana had put a stop to their stalking without revealing herself to either of those girls, her sister couldn’t shake her feelings of unease. It was the masks those men wore that pushed her over the edge, causing her to forward the information to Minerva before Lucy and her set foot in the castle grounds. Good thing too, because the grudge’s reprieve was fleeting at best.

Initially, the kidnappers had departed freely once they had collected all those who were believed to carry Silverstein blood. Nevertheless, they returned not long after, seemingly under new orders to eliminate any who remained. Constantine and the others got the bulk of their attention, but Minerva and Lucina were no exception. Eri actually prevented Lucy from going through the portal at first because of Elizabeth’s warning, and she paid for that by taking the brunt of the ambush that was waiting for her.

A group of the shimmering villains got the jump on her as soon as she set foot in that garden. They triggered an explosion in the air, throwing the dragon secretary into a tree with enough force to kill any human. For that reason alone, they probably thought she was dead, at least until the electricity arcs emerged from the smoke and flames.

“I’m curious what kind of fool attacks one of her majesty’s knights so readily,” Minerva called out to them, her broken glasses dangling from a single ear as she stood up in inferno. “But even more so, I wonder how many broken ribs it’s going to take before you tell me who put you up to this.”

"It's terrifying, being a mirror. You don't get to choose who or what you reflect. Your only choice is to play the part, no matter how gruesome or hated that part may be." -Lucina
FlawedBeauty

Character Info
Name: Kiyomi Katsu Silverstein
Alignment: CG
Race: Cursed Fox
Class:
Silver: 1501

The First Taken

Kiyomi Katsu Silverstein, the cursed fox, is the eldest daughter of the Silverstein family. She is only ten years of age, but her appearance says otherwise. The young girl looks about like she is in her early twenties. The girl is no child.

She has been through so much in her life; her birth mother was killed by Katerina’s uncle, she was forced to live with the man because she was special, and she was raped and branded by a demon. The same demon took her dragon blood.

Now, being kidnapped was another experience that would haunt her. Kiyomi was in a dim-lit empty room; the only items in it were two chairs. One chair sat Kiyomi, her hands tied to the arms of the chair. The other chair sat a dark figure, his hood pulled up over his head.

The dark fox slowly opened her eyes. Before her, two masked figured stood staring down at her. She tried to remember what had happened to her before. All she remembered was a blast and… her mother.

“Where is my mom!?”
The fox yelled as she struggled against her bines.

The masked man sitting on the chair stood and walked towards her. His boots echoed through the silence in the room. He didn't speak a word until he reached her. “You are not a child. So, why do you call for your mother?” His hand reached out to her making the fox flinch back, but that didn't stop him from moving a loose strand of brown hair behind her ear.

“You are a pretty one.”
His voice was soft as his fingers trailed down to her chin.

“Get off your hands off of me.” She said with spite as she ripped her head away from his touch.

"Leave us." He said to the two cloaked figures. The other masked men looked at each other then left the room. "I don't like being told what to do." He started to say as he walked over to grab his chair. He moved back to the dark fox and set down his chair only a few inches from her.

Taking his seat, the man removed his mask. He was gorgeous; blonde hair, blue eyes, high cheekbones. He sat there for a moment staring at her. "Where—" The fox started to say but was cut off by the shooting pain through her lip. Kiyomi didn't see him raise his hand before he hit her.

"You are not a little girl.." He said as he grabbed onto her chin. She tried to move away from his touch but he kept his grip on her. "It’s time you act like a woman." He said as took his hand from her chin and moved down to the neckline of her dress.

As soon as his fingers glided along her neckline, Kiyomi spat at the man's face. "Don't touch me." She said with anger lining her voice. She tried to use her fire powers… but nothing came out.

This made the man laugh before he smacked her again and then another time. Kiyomi could taste the blood from her lip. “Anti Magic chains, lovely.” He said as he tapped the chain on one of her wrists. Kiyomi looked down at the chains that held her, a sigh left her lips; she felt defeated.

“Maybe I will take you before we continue with the ritual. To be in such a beautiful fox woman… An indulgence I haven't had yet.”
The stranger smirked down at the fox as he went to reach for her once more and pushed her head up to look at him.

The dark fox eyes narrowed at him. “I will kill you.” Her tone was harsh and her eyes hard.

The man hit Kiyomi again, she could feel the bruise wanting to appear on her cheek. "I don't like it when you speak." He said as he stood from his chair and went for his belt.

A gust of wind swung the door open, stopping the blonde man in his movements. “Mahai, sleeping with a Silverstein is like sleeping with a dog. What the hell is wrong with you, brother?” A taller man entered the room; masked. “Put your damn mask on.” The new stranger ordered.

“Yes, Aruas.” Mahai redid his pants and put on his mask. He stepped away as his older brother walked toward them. “A cursed woman at that. Can’t you smell it? Or were you too preoccupied with what was between her legs?” Aruas sighed and shook his head; disappointed.

“Here. Drink this. We must make sure that this ritual goes right. Being cursed… well, that won’t do.” He shook his head as he stepped toward her. The contents of the vial filled with glowing green liquid.

“No! I won’t drink that! You can’t make me!” Kiyomi tried to kick and break from her binds but her restraints held. Since she couldn't free herself she closed her mouth. It wasn’t until the younger of the two held her nose. The fox held out for as long as she could but they won.

The contents of the vial burned her throat on the way down. She began to cough. It took a few moments before she felt it; the surging pain. She couldn’t help but scream. It was as if her body was being ripped apart from the inside out.

The older brother sighed. “Another failure.” He whispered then threw the bottle. The vial shattered on the other side of the room.

“Enough of this. Stop playing footsie, brother. Spill the blood of the wench and be done with it!”
Mahai yelled at his brother as he took out his blade and went to strike.

Aruas grabbed his younger brother’s wrist right before the blade struck Kiyomi. “You fool! We need the mother here before we can do anything! The blood of the Silverstein must be shed in front of the blood Mother or Father!” The older brother tried to stop his brother from making a mistake.

The laugh that came from Kiyomi made the two look down at her. The pain continued to hold her but she managed to speak. “I am… not Katerina’s blood..” The dark fox said through her teeth. Another scream was let out from her as tears fell from her eyes. The pain was excruciating.

“Sir!” A masked man entered the room and held open the door. “The grandfather is on his way.”

“More Silversteins?” The younger brother asked as sheathed his dagger.

“No, an actual demon. He isn’t part of the blood we need….but he could cause a problem.” Aruas sighed as he dropped his hands to his sides. 

“What do we do then?” Mahai asked as he looked to his brother for answers.

Soon, the light of the room faded as her eyes fluttered closed. The last thing she heard was the older brother’s voice. “We use the mother.”

-No one is safe from nature's savagery, not even the innocent. Only beauty is constant.-
DarkProtector

Character Info
Name: Constantine Stormcrow
Race: High Vampire
Class: Protector of the Silversteins
Silver: 1915

No Witnesses
Walking up the faded tail, the white demon sighed as the young five-year-old girl twirled around him. She stopped in front of him and peered up at him with big blue eyes. “Pa, where are we going?” She asked.“Vivian, do not call me, pa.”He said with a roll of his eyes and walked around her.

“To answer your question, we are going to a castle I helped build long ago.” He said as his eyes looked up the trail. They were almost there. “We are about to enter the barrier.” He added before he saw the wolf marker.“Amare, she did this a long time ago.”The demon thought to himself as he continued to walk.

“What is a barrier? How was it built? And how long is long ago?”
The young girl kept asking questions. She wanted to know everything about the man who was protecting her.

“How big is the castle? What color is it?” She asked as she skipped ahead of him. The catgirl looked over her shoulder at the wolf demon.

The questions just made the wolf shake his head. “Oooohhh, that was cold,” Vi said as she felt a shiver. “That was the barrier. It protects the castle from any unwanted entries. You’ll get used to it.” William had answered one of the girl’s questions.

Before he was able to answer another he heard something behind them. “VI! Behind me!” He called and she did as she was told. He turned to face two masked cloaked figures. “What do you want?” Asked the demon as he gripped onto his katana.

Silence filled the air around them for a few moments before one spoke. “No.. Witnesses.” His voice was almost a raspy whisper.

“Witnesses to what?!” The demon asked before they lit fireballs above their heads. “Vi, hide!” William ordered the catgirl, who ran and hid behind a nearby tree.

Fireballs began to shoot towards the demon. They didn’t hit him once. Before he was at them, his sword went into the gut of one and his fist hit the other. The man flew back and hit a nearby tree.

The man slowly got up and stared wide-eyed at his fellow underling. Looking at the girl, he thought she might be a Silverstein wolf.

When the demon turned around, he heard a scream then saw his charge. She was struggling to get free of the man who held her. “William!” She screamed before the two disappeared in a puff of smoke. “Vivian!” He yelled as he looked all around him. She was gone.

The roar in the sky caught his attention. “There must be more.” He growled before he ran off towards the castle.

How To Find Them?
Staring off into the distance, the vampire was in a state of helplessness. He didn’t know where to begin looking for them. There were no tracks, no scent, not even a torn piece of cloth to lead the way.

“They are alive..” The protector thought. He couldn’t think Kiyomi was dead but a small voice in the back of his mind said otherwise. “She is the love of my life..” He thought with a sigh and looked up towards the sky. Her image appeared in his mind; long dark hair, red eyes, and her soft smile.

It was a roar in the sky that brought him back. The two vampires shot to their feet and ran off into the direction of the gates. Amare tried to push herself up but knew she couldn't do anything; so she watched.

Before they could reach the gates of the castle, another explosion was triggered. The force sent the vampires flying back and landing on the stone ground.

In a blur, the two were back on their feet. Constantine caught sight of the hooded figure that moved through the smoke and rubble. “You bastards!” The vampire roared and ran towards them.

Fireballs shot from above their heads and exploded in mid-air; each one missing its mark. The Protector dodged each one and before they knew it he was at them. Grabbing one by the cloak, he tossed the intruder back towards Emrick. The Butler was ready; his claws out and stabbed into the chest of the man.

Constantine didn’t wait to move to the other two. The vampire was about to attack but a burst of white light came at him. He didn’t have time to move before he was sent back flying in the doors of the stables. The horses neighed and kicked; frightened. The vampire stood; dazed for a moment. He grabbed his head and steadied himself before he ran out the door.

When he reached the broken doors of the stables, he saw a man walk through the whole in the wall; the once gates of the castle. He drew his katana and pointed it at one of the masked men. “Where the hell did you take her?!” The demon growled and in a blur he was beside one of the men. In a swift movement, the sword was stabbed into the man's chest. The intuder’s scream echoed through the sky.

“Enough of this magic.” He said as he took out his blade. The last man standing started to run out the gates in fear. William didn’t let the man escape. Running up to him, he was able to catch up right at the rubble. He growled at the masked man as he grabbed him by the throat and held him up in the air. "You took something very dear to me. I want it back." He said sheathing his sword before he ripped off the man’s mask.

The face that appeared was pale and held open his mouth in fear. The demon looked at him curiously.

The vampire watched the scene before him. When he noticed the man grabbing something in his satchel, he called to the stranger. “His hand!” It was too late. The intruder withdrew a blade and stabbed himself in the heart.

“They won’t tell us anything.”
William said while he threw the body to the ground. “Their tongues are cut out; probably to keep them quiet if they are captured.” He finished as he started to walk over towards the vampires.

Amare.” Catching her glare, he nodded a hello at her.

“Who are you?”
Asked The Protector; curious if the demon was a friend or foe.

“This is William Silverstein, the Grandfather.” Amare stepped down and made her way over to the small group.

“Why are you here?”
She asked. Her curiosity and anger showing in her voice. Even after all the years that had passed, she still never got over that he left her.

“I was heading here to rest. I didn’t know anyone had took up residence.” William answered, ignoring her distaste in him.

“Your granddaughter, Katerina, and her family did…they were taken… Or they are dead.” Amare trailed off and tried not to cry.

“Just like my charge.” He turned around and looked towards the mountains.“We came in from the west. When we entered the border, we were attacked. Whoever these men are. They took her.” The man sighed as he turned back to the witch. “She is just a little girl. Can you find them, Amare?” He asked.

“They drained my power. I won't be any use to anyone for a few days….” The witch sighed and looked down at the stone at their feet; feeling helpless.

"We can't just sit here doing nothing. They could be killed, or tortured."
Constantine said with a sighed; defeated. "I wish we could find them..” He wished with all his heart. He knew that it wouldn't come true. It wasn't like there was a genie around to grant it.

00Anima

Character Info
Name: Lucina
Race: Bound Djinn
Class: Archsummoner
Silver: 1375
Fiery words of this sort were typical for Eri, but, like in far too many prior cases, the assassins declined to answer. Their charge was to kill, and so they would; or rather they would try.

Both sides of the castle became engulfed in bloodshed on that grim afternoon, driven by a grudge that half the combatants knew nothing about. Constantine and Emrick defended Amare near the foremost stables, and meanwhile the rear porch became Minerva’s wrecking ground.

Regardless of the locations where these skirmishes broke out, however, the sounds between them were remarkably similar. Flames from the assaulting force’s fireballs lapped against person and foliage alike; burning furniture, trees, people, everything and anything that they touched in a chorus of booms and crackles. It was like listening to a twisted reenactment of a holiday celebration, for any listener could hardly tell the difference between those fireballs and the pyrotechnics festivals past.

Amid those crackles, though, was the occasional and odd sound of thunder. T’was a most peculiar echo to hear, especially under such a cloudless, bright sky. Yet Minerva’s counterattacks were just that unusual.

Her element cut through wind and fire alike, throwing chaotic discharges amidst the trees with every exertion. The five who had ambushed her quickly found themselves overwhelmed, unable to close the distance lest their electrically inclined opponent fry them with the sky’s fury. They were forced to retreat, especially once their opponent weaponized part of the tree they had blasted her into with their initial greeting.

True to her word, the dragon secretary had proven how foolhardy her opponents had been. Because not only had they picked a fight they could not win, they had also encouraged a dragon’s wrath. She was serious about conducting an experiment on the correlation between broken chests and loose lips when she spoke; and, unfortunately for these mages, it was a doomed experiment from the start.

As if the common sense conclusion about the negative effect that broken ribs has on the ability to talk wasn’t enough, Eri also overestimated the “hardiness” of her opponents. Two died from being impaled on splintered branches after Minerva hit them in the torso with a log twice her size, and another two passed out from the pain of being slammed against tree trunks. Only by the last member did she finally temper her strength enough to keep him conscious, but then another problem became apparent once she had finally removed his mask: the one that made her whole exercise in restraint a pointless endeavor from the beginning.

He had no tongue. Every last one of these men had had their tongues cut out; so it wasn’t that they hadn’t answered willingly during that earlier conversation. It was that they couldn’t. Not that they would have in another situation, either. For when Minerva had floored the fifth cultist with a single punch, he tried to bite down on something. It was only by sheer happenstance that his opponent had grabbed his cheeks before he could do so, preventing him from breaking the alchemical capsule that lay in the back of his mouth.

“Hmm. What do we have here,” the woman asked upon noticing that item while straddling the man’s chest? Her tone betrayed just how disinterested she was in the actual answer, but it did signify a change in approach for the dragon that had up until that point only concerned herself with the temperament of a berserker. She dared not move lest she accidentally allow her captive to take his own life, but she also realized that she now had to figure out how make a mute talk.

Luckily for Eri, she had ways of doing just that: courtesy of Adel and Eden. “Even if you can’t talk, you will tell me everything you know.” With her hands still on his cheeks and arm, the giantess began to pour over his mind. She was looking for clues, directions, anything to lead her back to the man’s master.

Alas, before she could go any further than his name, a rock hit her hand and dislodged the poison in her captive’s mouth. Pathetically, Minerva had knocked his teeth loose enough for something like that to occur during their earlier tussle: a fact she was now metaphorically kicking herself for even as the sound of nearby clapping caught her attention.

“You certainly aren’t human, are ya?” A half-naked, gangly wisp of man approached her from further out in the forest, no doubt the rock-thrower in the flesh. He possessed a rotten smile, one he indulged in showing off alongside his lanky physique. Even as Minerva lept upon him with a brutal hook in retaliation for his sabotage, he maintained that smile, though it became even uglier when his blood mixed with the already present and overwhelming stench of tartar. “Got one heck of a punch too.”

In hindsight, I don’t blame Minerva for approaching that man with her guard down after the first punch. She had readjusted her strength based on her former opponents, and had gotten a certain estimate of what to expect from these ambushers. The man in front of her was bleeding just like the others, so, perhaps, the only difference between them was that he could talk. That’s what my friend thought, at least, right up until her opponent revealed his true nature.

“My turn!” One hook was answered with another as the strange man - who up until that point had been forced to kneel from his own wound - suckerpunched Minerva right underneath her chin. The force behind it was not that of a man, but of a giant. It sent her flying back toward the house and into a statue in one of the fountains. Said statue lost its head when the dragon’s back hit it, yet the stone figure barely slowed before rolled to a halt in front of a nearby bench.

Dazed but still aware of her surroundings in that position, Minerva could hear her opponent approaching from where they had met. The force of his jump made an impression in the ground, shattering the surface roots under foot and eliciting a brief but triumphant thump. A single leap and he was there, smiling down upon her while reaching for those fiery red locks with his grubby palms.

The stranger was definitely not expecting retaliation in that situation; and his reward for such hubris was to part with some of his teeth: the result of Minerva using the wooden bench behind her as a bludgeon for his head. She tore the piece from the ground like a cyclops hoists an ox, and used it as an impromptu cudgel that actually snapped over the man’s head. Then, while he was still reeling from the sudden shock of the counterattack, she took another of the nearby seats and used it as a battering ram to shove him through the nearest ballroom window.

The dragonlady was prepared now, fully expecting her supernaturally gifted opponent to return without a moment’s notice. The grand piano that was tossed out through the now shattered window, for example, did not catch her unawares like the earlier punch. Instead, lone Minerva was ready to deflect the ornate piece with a single punch; at least until it spoke and pleaded for its life.

“Uwaaa! Please no, madame!” Although violence and aggression were a part of her nature, my daughter’s keeper was a knight at heart. Harming innocent bystanders, no matter their form, was against her creed: talking pianos included. Perhaps the stranger suspected this, for he had used her heart against her. The enchanted piano forced Minerva to stay her fist, making her catch him instead and giving her opponent an opportunity to strike while she was busy setting the bystander down.

A blow was expected; yet nothing ever came. Footsteps drew near the garden where the two fought, lured by the noises within, and the new audience that arrived changed how the tattooed monster carried himself. He calmly sauntered out the window that was now more like a door and turned his head to the sky with both arms outstretched.

“Finally,” he remarked contentedly as his tattoos began to glow. “Make enough noise and people will come, He said, and He was right. Now I can finally end this.” The lights took his skin then, making him look more like a humanoid shaped lightsource instead of the scraggly human from before and revealing his true purpose. This man, this vagrant who had given no name by which to call him was a bomb: a very potent bomb at that. He was meant as an insurance policy in case his comrades failed; and now that everyone was gathered around him his owner saw no point in delaying. “See you all in Inferos,” he shouted, gloating arrogantly just before he unexpectedly and suddenly vanished without so much as a whisper.

Yes, vanished! Make no mistake: there was an explosion from this “man-made-bomb” but it was distant like it had gone off somewhere far away. The suicide bomber was gone, and behind where he had been standing remained the upper torso of a blindfolded girl poking out through a small, purple porthole in the air and with her finger pointed where his back had been.

“Lady Lucina, did I not tell you to wait until I gave the signal?! You could have been grievously injured if that had gone even the slightest bit wrong! Why do you continue to take risks like that!” My daughter, cursed with the inability to listen and the mind of a magical savant, had arrived just in a nick-of-time. She casted safe passage on the bomber before he could detonate himself; and, because the man was still technically alive, he was whisked away to the one person that stood a chance at preventing his death: the bomb designer himself.

It was a particularly bold and cunning ploy on her part, but one that did not come without its fair share of criticism. “Why did you disobey me again,” Minerva asked her with equal parts concern and irritation?! Yet Lucy, being the childish if predictable genie that she was, gave a half-ass response before moving on to what she really wanted to talk about.

“I got bored,” she remarked with a pouting expression! “Besides, I was listening in and I heard someone say they had a wish; and you know how weak I am to those.” Lucina floated through the portal fully then, closing it behind her and ignoring the heavy sigh that Minerva had given in response.

“I keep telling you you need to work on that self-control of yours. What would happen if an enemy said those words and you just waltzed in to-,” the woman began, but the rest of her lecture fell on deaf ears. Lucina immediately fixated her attention on a certain, desperate vampire, speaking to him instead of listening to Eri like she should have been.

“You! Yes, you, the fellow who smells like liquor and depression” she began with excitement while zipping over to Constantine like a hawk chasing a mouse! “You had a wish, right?! RIGHT?!”

"It's terrifying, being a mirror. You don't get to choose who or what you reflect. Your only choice is to play the part, no matter how gruesome or hated that part may be." -Lucina
Silverstein

Character Info
Name: Katerina Sofia Silverstein
Race: 1/2 Wolf Demon and 1/2 High Elemental
Class:
Silver: 1706

To Awaken
It was cold, dark, and damp. The room was silent besides the breathing that came from the bodies in each cell. Katerina was the first to wake; disoriented at first. As she tried to stand, the wolf demon had to use the cold stone for support. When her vision cleared, her eyes looked at the three stone walls around her, ending at the fourth one; iron bars.

The realization hit her; her family was gone and she was alone. Her pain was more intense than before. When Katerina had lost her parents, the heartache didn’t come close. Tears began to flow from her eyes as she screamed in agony. She couldn't hold her pain back, it came out like a wave crashing on rocks.

That's when she heard it, the sound of chains across from her. "Who's there?!" Katerina's voice was shaky while she spoke, her throat sore.

"My Love. It's alright I'm here." Nikolaus spoke from the cell across the way. In the dim-lit space between them, she saw Nik come to his iron bars.

"Nik!"
She called through tears. She ran through the bars and tried to reach towards him. Only then noticing the chains on her wrists. "I thought you were dead." She choked out.

Katerina noticed that her lover’s bright hazel eyes were red. "I'm here, my love." He whispered while his hands circled the bars.

"Mommy…"
A small voice came from the cell beside her. "Mama."Another voice. "Mom!" The cells down the hall were filled with her daughters. She heard each of their voices…but one.

"My girls! I'm glad you're okay." She paused as she listened for Kiyomi over the frightened voices. "Mom who took us?!" Asked Annette front the cell beside Nikolaus. "How are we going to get out of here?" Asked Freya. She was in the same cell as her sister, Annette. "Mommy. I'm scared." Eva and Guin huddled together in the cell by their mother.

"We are going to be okay girls. "
Will's voice was heard further down the hall along with the storm wolf's. "Don't worry girls. We'll be out in a jiff." Calder said as he tried to bust down the iron bars. "That's weird. That usually works…" the storm wolf looked confused as he looked across to Will.

"Let me try…" Will tried to use his fire powers; Nothing. “What the hell!?” He cursed as he slammed his fist on the bars.

Katerina, confused, tried the same. A growl escaped the wolf when nothing happened. “They took your powers,” Nikolaus stated.

“Not took." Katerina looked down at the chains that bind her. The carvings were like ones she seen before. She held her hands through the bars as much as she could. “These prevent us from using our powers.” The room grew silent and still with her words.

Everyone knew that they weren’t getting out of here. “Mommy….” Guinevere sobbed as she was held by her sister. “Mama will figure out a way to get us out of here, my little Guin.”

“Has anyone–” She was about to ask if they saw Kiyomi, but the scream answered her question. “Kiyomi!” Katerina yelled. Fear gripping her.

Moments later, a masked man came into the cell area. “Take them to the ceremonial chamber.” The man was different than the others; tall, confident, and his mask was silver,  laced with gold. He looked right at Katerina.

“Sire! There has been an explosion.” A cloaked dark figure appeared beside him. The man, Sire, turned and followed the other man. “Take them now! Everything must be ready by the time the moon is at its highest peak!” He called over his shoulder before they disappeared down the dark hall.

Soon, the cells were opened one by one. The Silverstein’s struggled with all their might, but they were forced to go as they were told. Calder was the only one left in the cells.

The Ceremony

As the Silversteins were escorted down the stone hallways, everything was quiet. That was until Katerina heard her daughters scream behind her. “MOM!!!” Turning to look over her shoulders, she saw her two younger daughters, Eva and Guinevere, be taken away. “Where are you taking my daughters?!” She yelled as she tried to pull free. “Mommy!” Guinevere yelled as they were taken down a hallway that split off.

“My babies!” Katerina thought as tears fell. Kicking her capture, she ran towards her daughters. The Mother Wolf was able to pull her daughters into her arms. “It will be okay! I promise! I will get us out of here. Be strong little ones.” She said quickly then kissed each one on the cheek.

It was then she was pulled away from her daughters. One of the masked figures hit the wolf over her head to subdue her. Katerina gave in, she let them dragged her away. Her eyes focused just before they turned down another hall. A young girl was brought up behind them; scared and crying. Katerina’s heart hurt seeing them be taken away.

It was only a few moments after when she was pulled through two tall wooden doors.

The Ceremonial room was large. It was made of the same cream-colored stone as the whole underground castle. The area was circular with a dome. In the middle of the stone vaulted ceiling was an opening. Through the opening you could see the stars above. There were only two entrances to the area; the one the family had entered and another with a small stage and stairs.

Many figures lined the room. They all looked the same; blacked hooded robes and black masks. All eyes were on the wolf as her captures pulled her through the parting crowd. Soon, she was in the center of the room, it was clear besides her family that were chained in a circle. The wolf demon was pulled passed her brother. Wilhelm’s anger showed through his eyes. “We’ll get out of here.” He whispered. His reply was a punch in the guy by his escort. Katerina winced as she felt his pain. Turning away, she looked at her other family that was chained around her. Nikolaus, Freya, Annette, and Priscilla; they were all scared.

The masked figures that held her stopped in the center of the circle, then leaned down and connected her chains to a steel loop on the ground. When they finished, the masked figures stepped aside to join the others around them. Katerina’s eyes narrowed as she looked around through the faces, then stopped at a man on the stone stage. He was calm and collected. His own face was masked like the others but his mask was different. The mask was silver, lined with gold swirls. His own robs were a navy blue.

“The Vladimir Family. Finally, fate has brought us back together.” He spoke then. “Cotiso, Cotiso, Cotiso.” The crowd around them chanted his name. The man, Cotiso, waited, then made his way down the stairs. His followers parted as he walked past to the center of the chamber. To Katerina. “It has been far too long.” His voice was just above a whisper.

When he reached Katerina, he spoke. “My brothers and sisters. The day has come to bring back our father!!” The people cheered then slowly silence fell over the room again. As the man spoke to his followers, Katerina eyes took in all that was around her; trying to find an escape. It was then she saw the curtains. On either side of the stage hung two thick long black curtains. Two men in the same navy blue robs stood beside it. Their masks the same as the man that was speaking; silver with laced gold.

“What do you want with us? We don’t know you or your family. We haven't done anything to you.” The wolf demon said as she looked hard at the man.“The sins of the father are to be laid upon the children.” Cotiso finally spoke directly to the wolf. “You are the daughter of Katherine Vladimir…. Granddaughter to Atticus and Kallisto Vladimir.” He paused once more and looked directly at Katerina. “You are dammed.” Turning away, he made it back up the stairs. “All Vladimir's die tonight for the life of my brother. Vincentiu was slain by their followers!”

The roar erupted in the crowd once more before he held up his hand. “Now, Miss Vladimir. Who do you think is behind this curtain?” He motioned to the left of him. “Or this one?” He said; you could almost hear the smirk on his lips while he pointed to the right curtain. “Which one should we open first?” Cotiso paused before glancing to his brother. “Aruas, my brother.” He didn’t have to order his brother. Aruas knew what to do.

Aruas nodded and opened the curtain. There sat on the stone ground was their Uncle Alastair; half dead. A gasp left the Silversteins. Will yanked on his chains. “Alastair…” He whispered as he pulled his eyes away from his uncle; he couldn’t look.

“Now… A most..special surprise..” He said softly and looked at his other brother. “Mahai.” He said and the man nodded and opened the curtain.

There sitting on the ground, her black dress sprawled around her was a long dark-haired beauty. Her mouth tied with a cloth. Her eyes went straight to Katerina.

The Mother Wolf was quiet, but she could hear her brother gasp behind her. She couldn’t believe who she was staring at. No longer did the woman of her past have blonde long flowing hair, but dark. Her skin didn’t have the kiss of the sun, but it was pale. And her once blue eyes were brown. No matter how much had changed, she knew who she was staring at… Her Mother. “Mom! You let her go you son of a bitch!!!” Will cursed behind her, he tried to struggle against his chains but it was useless.

The second oldest brother, Aruas, grabbed hold of Katherine and pulled her to her feet. He lead her down the stairs followed by Cotiso and Mahai. “Let me out of these chains and fight me like a man! I will Kill you!” Will shouted.

“Mahai. Deal with him. Then see to the children.”
The youngest nodded and walked over to Wilhelm. He didn’t say a word but punched him. “I can’t wait to see you all die,” Mahai said to the wolf on the floor. Mahai kicked Wilhelm a few more times before he left the room.

Katerina could not take her eyes off her Mother who was not standing beside her. Katherine was chained beside her daughter. She looked at Wilhelm, a frown lining her lips, then back at her daughter. “My baby girl….” She whispered before clasping her daughters hand.

“Now, the last seal will be broken and our father will go free! Now, Aruas, will you do the honors?” The eldest brother held out a blade. Aruas took it and walked over to Katherine and Katerina. Holding up the blade, he looked up towards the full moon that shone through the hole in the ceiling.

“By the power of our ancestors. I break the last seal by killing both daughters of the Vladimir family.” That was when the blade came down onto Katherine…

All Because of a Genie
Standing in the middle of the courtyard, the vampire looked at the stranger. Silence and overcame them as they all thought about their loved ones. It was in that silence they heard the sound of something crashing into the house?

They all rushed up the steps of the castle and inside. When they reached the ballroom, they saw the man outside the doors to the garden. He was standing talking to a woman. Making their way through the room, they stopped just outside the doors. Constantine was about to attack when something odd happened. The man disappeared. “What the hell?” Constantine said as he stepped down onto the ballroom floor.

The group watched as the newcomer was scolded. Constantine and Emrick were still on edge of attacking; not knowing who these two were or what they wanted. The two looked up at the girl who was coming in through a portal.

The vampire stepped back when she started to come near him. The back of his heel hit the step behind him causing him to stop. In an instant, she was before him. “Yes? I made a wish to find the Silversteins. They are missing. Who are you two?” He asked his fear slowly dissipating. “Wait… I don’t smell of liquor and depression …Do I?” Constantine had to resist the urge to smell himself.

Emrick smirked at the young girl. “Only a genie would act like that.”

“Fuck.” Constantine cursed. He had only heard about genie’s, but to meet one in person was different. He knew they like to flip wishes around if only he didn’t make a wish.

Anima

Character Info
Name: Robin Taiyo Mori
Race: Created Outsider
Class: Horitshi Outcast
Silver: 645
He hesitated in response, mostly because he refused to believe he smelled as bad as Lucy claimed.

“Wait… I don’t smell of liquor and depression …Do I?” You could feel the metaphorical pit sniff coming from him when he said that, even if he didn’t physically dip his head. He refused reality in spite of the floating girl who mercilessly confirmed it in front of him.

“Oh yes, definitely. Even if you’re a vampire, you smell exactly like a human with stress sweats. I can also smell the whiskey from last night on your breath but that’s not the point!” Raising one hand up, Lucina sent Minerva into a tizzy with her next words. “Yes, wish time!”

“Lucy, don’t!” The dragon maid pleaded to no avail, for Lucina was already manic with WGS(wish-granting syndrome). A single snap of her fingers and everyone but the enchanted piano was whisked away; tossed into the abyss where the Silversteins remained.

The Light in the Dark

Before Lucina and her party arrived during the course of Cotiso’s ritual, the underground acropolis that his people called their home bustled with life not meant for its walls. The bomberman who had attempted to send Minerva to an early grave had been delivered back to his master, Vincentio, in the western wing and the resulting explosion from his death devastated that area. The cultists could only watch in horror as bricks of stone were expelled into the darkness below, assuming that the youngest of the four brothers had perished in the destruction.

Caught off guard and consumed by their emotions, the remaining three siblings expedited their plans. Like guards escorting prisoners en masse to the gallows, they took the Silversteins from their cells one by one and hurried them off to the main hall of the grounds. They paid no attention to the lone wolf who was left behind in their wake, and so Caldur, the unfortunate bastard that he was, was left to rot in a cell with naught but a single watchman to keep him company.

That watchman, as it turned out, still had his tongue; and more than enough boredom to go with it.

“So they left a dog like you, eh,” the lone man asked while raking a stick across the cell’s bars? “Guess you just got caught in the crossfire, then. Makes no difference to me, though. A dead dog’s a dead dog no matter whose blood he carries.” Nameless guard number 1 left Caldur there after that one sided conversation, returning to his post while munching on the piece of bread that was his lunch. He hadn’t a care in the world, certain that no one would come to that corridor for a long time. After all, the ceremony hadn’t even started. The guests had just left and it was no short walk to the main hall. Nothing to do but wait.

Caldur, on the other hand, knew a different story. After the guard had ventured further down the hall and back to his table, the sound of ominous breathing drifted from the opposite end. Heavy footsteps followed shortly thereafter, loud enough to gather attention back to the wolf’s cell.

“Who’s there?! hurk!
One moment the guard had started a sprint back through the cell-block. The next an arrow flew toward him, piercing the man in his throat and eliciting a gruesome gurgle. Caldur saw this arrow, but not the bow that loosed it. All he heard was the breathing of a shadowy figure that soon walked in front of his cell.

“Shit… I’m dead, aren’t I?” The question came on the heels of an overwhelming sense of dread for the lone wolf; yet even then he had not fully grasped the depths of his own fear until this new host of his physically walked through the bars between them. Drawn apart by some unseen force in the presence of the masked assassin, the metal rods twisted like puddy, parting the way for them to walk straight through. “Yep, definitely dead.”

Contrary to what Caldur believed when he asked, “Can I at least have one last smoke,” however, he was not in danger of being struck down. The seemingly asthmatic shadow brought out a pick from their pocket instead of drawing one of the weapons they possessed, and knelt down next to the man before releasing him from his shackles.

“You can have one after you help save the Silversteins,” they said in a voice caught somewhere between masculine and feminine; and this was swiftly accompanied by further explanation in the same voice. “There are currently 3 groups that must be rescued. You should head for the main chamber while I go after the other two.”

The shadow spoke nothing more than this, even as Caldur strove to begin a conversation or inquire as to the identity of his savior. That person left rather than answer, sprinting off in the blink of an eye at a speed far beyond that of any normal human. Katerina and the others had already been bound in the main hall by the time that person reached their destination, and it was assumed that Caldur would soon arrive to rescue them.

The shadow, on the other hand, traveled to a secluded chamber on the eastern fringe of the acropolis. Eva and Guinevere had been brought to this place by the cultists, joining the third that had been captured before their arrival. They stood secluded in that chamber, guarded on the outside by two sentinels of black that stood in silent watch. These guardians were neither living nor dead, and only budged when the masked warrior came close.

Golems they were, yet whatever metal they were composed of crumbled easily under assault from the warrior’s maul. They seemed to summon it from a jewel on their hand, the act generating a flash of iridescent light as the weapon materialized. Then with the same flash it was gone, disappearing just as the crumbled limbs of the sentinels attempted to twitch back to life.

Having bested the cultists’ creation, the phantom attempted to unlock the door in front of them until their attention was foisted away.

“I thought I smelled a rat.” Mahai, one of the four brothers, had finally come to murder Eva and the others. The shadow had turned to face him as soon as they heard his footsteps at the other end of the bridge, but had naught the time to prepare an ambush before being spotted. Instead, they stood breathing as the ethereal smoke billowed from their plated mail, hand on weapon and eyes peeled. “You’re no Silverstein,” Mahai remarked as he stopped a fair distance away, “that’s for sure. But you’re definitely not a friend either after what you did to my brother’s golems. I’ll just have to remove you before I deal with the whelps then.”

The sounds of an intrusion in the main hall echoed through the complex then, just as Robin drew Seikou against the 2nd strongest leader of the cult.

FearlessBeauty

Character Info
Name: Evangeline Silverstein
Alignment: CG
Race: Wolf Demon and High Elemental
Class:
Silver: 45

The Glowing Sword

Eva and Guinevere, who is the youngest of the Silverstein family, were in the middle of an ancient feud. The third child, Vivian, was only caught in the crossfire.

The three men that walked around the children wanted to kill them just because of the blood that ran in their veins. They resisted their urge to strike them down where they were.

“Why are they keeping these brats alive?”
The man to the right asked while he gripped his sword. “What is the fucking point?” His hidden face turned to glance at the man walking beside him.

The man to the left only responded with a shrug. The one behind the children spoke. “It is not our place to challenge our masters.” It was a simple statement that made the two others skin crawl. “Yes, sir.” They both replied before silence fell over them.

Shortly after they reached the end of their path. The girls stood before a large wooden door, their eyes looking at the creatures. Guin huddled close to her sister while they passed.

The man on the right opened the door. Instead of moving into the room the children stood frozen. Their eyes not wavering from the golems.

"Move it." One of the men said as he pushed the two sisters into the room. Vivian followed; hesitantly.

Eva glared at the man who shut the door. She heard his last words over the soft cries behind her. “They better die just like the others.” Then it was silence.

A sigh left Eva. “I want mama…” Guinevere sniffled while she tightened her grip around her sister. “Mama will find a way, Guin. Don’t give up hope on her and our family just yet.” Eva hugged her sister close as she spoke softly.

Evangeline's eyes looked over to the small stranger. The brown hair girl looked like she was as old as Eva's sister; six? Maybe seven? Eva held up her other arm and the girl ran into her; the girls held each other tight.

After the tears stopped, Eva leaned down a bit and looked at the unknown girl. Her eyes were a shade of violet, just like Kiyomi. Her hair fell in soft chocolate waves down her back. “What’s your name?” Eva asked.

“Vi…..Vivian…”
She answered.

“I’m Evangeline and this is my little sister, Guinevere but you can call us Eva and Guin.”
Eva smiled at the girl. “Do you have a family?”

Tears fell from Vivian’s eyes. “No….Only, William.”

“I’m sorry. Is William your brother?” Eva asked trying to distract them from their circumstances.

“No… He saved me.” She muttered and wiped her eyes. “I hope he is okay..”

“I’m sure—” Eva was about to reassure the child when she heard the sounds of metal crashing to the floor? She didn’t know what it was, but she knew she had to look. Before she could, she heard her sister behind her. “No! No one else!” Guin’s voice was unsteady as she started to step back away from the door.

“Guin. We-” Eva was caught off again as she turned around to her sister. A white pup stood in her place. The pup whined and her tail fell in between her legs.

“Oh wow…. Mom is going to be upset she missed your first change.”
Walking over she picked up her sister. She smiled then walked back to the door to look out the keyhole.

The young wolf's eyes grew wide seeing two figures, one a man in the mask. She could only tell by his voice and the way he moved. The other, she didn’t know who it was; only that he, or she, was about to attack the man in blue. The sword that appeared made Eva’s eyes gasp.“Whoa…”

“What's happening?”
Asked Vivian who now stood beside Eva.

“Some really cool person is about to fight one of the guard!” The older girl replied cheerfully. “That glowing sword. I want one!”

“Let me see!”
Vivian tried to push Eva out of the way. “No! This isn’t for little girls to watch!” Eva pushed right back. “Come on! I bet you’re not much older than me!” Vivian pouted.
DarkProtector

Character Info
Name: Constantine Stormcrow
Race: High Vampire
Class: Protector of the Silversteins
Silver: 1915
All Started with Hello

William stood behind the two vampires. He eyed the red-haired woman from a distance. Amare caught the wolf staring and huffed. She crossed her arms and walked away, she knew that the men had this. She left them standing out in the garden and went to her chambers. She was there a few moments before she noticed they didn’t come to find her. She was the witch that was going to find the family right?

Leaving her room, she searched the castle; finding nothing. The five of them were gone. “Great… Just great….” She grumbled before she headed out the front doors of the castle. “Just come back in one piece.” She whispered. “Every one of you…” She trailed off in the end as she walked down the steps of the castle. A young woman stood there looking over the ruins. “Hello..” She said with a smile. Amare’s eyes widened. It was as if she was looking at Katerina but with red hair. “Hello..” She replied.

The Weeping Maiden

Being free from the cell was a relief, Caldur sighed as he left down another hall than the person who saved him. “Whoever you are. Be careful.” He whispered mostly to himself. As he passed the dead guard, the storm wolf grabbed the sword that laid beside him. “Not going to need that anymore, are ya chap… Thank you.” He said with a smirk while he left the cells.

Turning down one hall, then another. The man mumbled, “This place is a damn maze.” Promptly after, he heard the roaring of a crowd. “Guess I’ll follow that.” He thought as the roar started to grow louder.

As he round the corner, he automatically jumped back behind the wall. Two cloaked figures stood on either side of a large wooden door. They didn’t notice Caldur, which he took to his advantage. While the two men watched what was going on inside the doors, the storm wolf crept up behind them. “Hello, there mate!” He said with a smirk behind them before sending a shock of lightning through them. They soon fell to the floor with a thud.

While Caldur took down the men at the entrance, he didn’t see what happened inside the large chamber.

It all happened very quickly. At first the three of them were just outside their home, the next they fell into the audience.

Constantine appeared right above Aruas and fell onto the attacker. The dagger that he held came down but missed his mark because of the impact. He was, however, able to graze his targets arm. The cut on her forearm made Katherine wince in pain; she hadn’t felt pain on centuries.

“Mom!” Katerina gasped as she tried to reach for her mother, but was restricted by the chains. “I’m okay,” Katherine reassured her daughter with a small smile. Her eyes soon moved from her worried daughter to the men before them; the vampire and the Stygain.

The vampire leaped to his feet, along with Aruas. “You won’t touch the Silversteins.” Constantine hissed before his nails began to grow and his face turned almost catlike.

Emrick and William had fallen nearby into the crowd of cloaked figures. They both got to their feet and started to attack. One by one, the Stygain fell at their hands.

Constantine was about to lunge at the man, but he started to back away. When the vampire was attacked, Aruas took this chance to run. “Cotiso! It's her!” He called over the roar of the crowd around them. “We must leave! Now! She'll tear us apart if we don't!" He ordered in a panic while he grabbed his brother's arm.

When the vampire was attacked, a masked man hit him in the gut sending Constantine flying back into the crowd. The figures started to close in around him, taking this chance to try to kill the vampire. Not backing down, The Protector started to fight off the men; slashing and stabbing with his claws.

Emrick ran toward Katerina. His face catlike and claws out; just like Constantine. “My Lady!” He said as he slashed his claws through the chain that bound Katerina and her Mother.

“Get everyone else out,” Katerina commanded as she looked once more at her mother. The wolf demon followed her mother's eyes. Katherine was watching Cotiso at the top of the stage. His brother urged him to leave. "They can't leave." She whispered before her daughter sprang into action.

Katerina quickly made her way toward the stage steps. Fire exploded from the palms of the wolf demon’s hands to reveal two swords. She was going to run up the steps to the brothers but was stopped by the figures defending them. Her eyes narrowed as she readied herself for their attack. One came at her with a sword, another show burst of ice shards.

She dodged their attacks only to be pushed back, further away from the brothers. She needed to get to them; now.