Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Throat of the Moon > Great City of Mamlak > Shoes | p
Neveah

Character Info
Name: Neveah
Alignment: TE
Race: Vampire
Class: Sorcerer
Silver: 1618
Now that things were in motion with her business, the vampire could consider where she wanted to live. Initially the answer was obvious: Kurayo. However, upon speaking with the Apex of Terror, she believed it would likely never feel like home. It was too strenuous to both follow him blindly but stay in the shadows. Her loyalty absolutely belonged to Nemesis - and he knew that. If he needed anything, the vampiress would be there without pause or question. The part that they had not discussed was what she needed. Veah could not continue to live in a place where she could casually run into his odd, little wife. She also did not wish to navigate around the affairs he already had running smoothly. She knew how his brain worked which meant she was fairly confident their goals would cross with one another. Neveah briefly considered conceding so that she would not interfere, or risk losing against him, but that was too great an ask. The vixen loved him, but there were boundaries in place now which forced Veah to be honest with herself. She had to choose her own happiness this time. She had to love herself first.

The vixen’s first trip to Mamlak was for a family emergency. It had been an incredibly dark and dangerous time but it also meant walking the streets of the magnificent town for the first time. The redhead could tell her blonde partner thoroughly enjoyed the opulence of the city. When Veah began to consider where to move, she couldn’t help but take that into consideration. However, if she were being honest with herself, she was terrified, though it was not a question of falling in love. That part had already occurred. Azrail not only claimed a piece of her heart but owned a section of her soul. There would be no cleansing that woman from her skin. No, no. The fear came from the idea of being abandoned and alone again. The vixen knew, especially given her past life, just how powerful and destructive love could be. Neveah wanted to be smart this time; she had lived all this before. She could not bear to be broken like that once more, especially with so little to call her own in this new world. However, it was too late. She was waiting for the floor to fall out from under her - a fact she refused to admit it out loud.

It did not take long to find a home for the pair in the beautiful city. The vampire was used to living in places where her own kind were more prevalent but selfishly she enjoyed how uneasy some felt by her presence. Veah wanted to be known for her power and her beauty, in that order. It was approaching dusk when the vixen took to the streets, knowing it would not be long until the shops closed. Her luxe, black robe trailed behind her with her wavy locks peaking out past the hood. Her movements were slow but intentional like running water. Finally she dipped into a shop.

A soft bell chimed as the door shut behind her as the smell of leather hit her nose abruptly. She pushed her hood back and pulled her long hair out. Her gaze darted across all sorts of displays of various shoes. She began perusing the boots with her head tilted a little to the side. One pair immediately caught her attention. A single long digital ran down the calf then went to the stitching.The sound of someone’s voice clearing broke her attention to the detail. Her emerald orbs shot over to a man with long features and pointed ears. His skin was fair but the roughness of his hands could be spotted across the room. “May I help you,” he asked with a husky tone. An excited smile pulled at her lips. “I’m not from around here,” she begun, her words answered with a grunt. “But I hear you can help me out. I want these, but silent. I don’t mean soft steps - I mean silent across anything I step on. What do you say?” The cordwainer strolled over and inspected the boot she indicated with a thoughtful expression. His amber eyes glanced up at her with a fairly stoic expression then nodded. “It won’t be cheap.” “I don’t expect it to be - will this get you started?” Neveah asked as she plopped down a silver bag of coin. He snagged the bag and peered inside. The man smiled at last at her, distorting all his features. “Name’s Milo, miss, and I’ll have your boots done by the end of the week.” The elf glanced down at her leg and nodded before heading off to the back of the shop.

Bianca Bathory
Deity

Character Info
Name: Bianca Bathory
Alignment: None
Race: Compilcated
Class: Fire/Blood Mage
Silver: 601
The figure walked down the street towards the cordwainer’s shop down the road. As they walked, they attracted no more than a few glances from those they passed, but gave no glance in return. Indeed, the figure looked absolutely dapper, with a blood red and black tuxedo, trimmed exceptionally well for their figure. Some saw a stunning woman that hey fantasied about bedding, others an exceptionally handsome man that they wanted to be loved by, it all depended on how they saw them. Their skin was a dark red in hue with fire orange eyes that glowed from within, even in the daylight. Their hair was long and blood red, the right side was long and straight while the left was done up in cornrows giving an already unique appearance yet another detail to stand out.

The soft bell of the little shop rang once more as the door opened and this figure stepped inside, standing about five foot and eight inches tall. Bianca took in the scene for a moment, noting the stunning red head that was already in the shop. For their part Bianca looked either male or female depending on how someone looking at them wanted to view them. There was evidence of breasts under that tux, but they could just as well be large chest muscles from a strong figure.

”Good day.” Bianca greeted in a sultry voice, as they stepped up to the counter. ”Milo!” They called and waited.

Milo came out a moment later and saw the well dressed being and nodded. ”Ah, Mr…Mrs…” He stammered for a moment.

This caught a grin from Bianca. ”Please, as I said before, you can just call me Bianca, no need for the formalities. Are my boots ready?”

”Yes, yes!” He disappeared for a moment and came back with a fancy pair of boots in his hands and set them on the counter. ”Made to how you asked me, I have to say it was a bit of challenge. Please, try them on I’ll check with you in a moment.” Milo disappeared again.

Bianca inspected the boots; they matched the tuxedo in colour but lacked true laces. Bianca found a place to sit and try the boots on, uncaring that the redhead might still be here watching.