Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Throat of the Moon > Great City of Mamlak > Hygge | p.
Isleen Amara

Character Info
Name: Isleen Amara Balatro
Alignment: CN
Race: Vampire-Lycan
Class: Rogue
Silver: 620
After a much needed reunion with her father, the young wolf’s heart was nearly whole. There was still one, well three, more people she needed to see before she could bring herself to return to Vilpamolan. Longing amber eyes gazed out the window, listening to the birds sing. Isleen shook her head and focused her attention to the piece of parchment and quill. The pair used to have a mental connection but it seemed that had dissolved or at least was damaged during the transition to the new world. The girl blamed their fractured relationship, but they were trying to find each other again so hopefully in time, it would be reestablished. Once done with her note, she folded it and rose from the table. She sighed softly, mustering the strength to say goodbye to her father and newfound family.

Isleen made her way out to the main courtyard to find Kiba waiting. Her shoulders dropped with a strained smile, attempting to hold back the tears that were welling in her eyes. Before they could say anything, she tossed her arms around him. She could not bring herself to break their embrace first. “I will be back - and you come see us too,” she said, unsure if she was assuring herself or him. “Of course,” Kiba responded with his thumb on her cheek, rubbing it gently as if it to memorize her features once more. “Oh, before I forget. Will you please get this to Ethan? He’s likely in Vilpamolan, Kurayo, or The Obscure Bastion,” the girl asked, handing him the folded note. Kiba nodded before placing a hand on the back of her head and bringing her close enough to kiss her forehead. Then, he reached out and opened a gate. She walked forward the hesitated, glancing back at the guild and her father, before pivoting and stepping through.

On the other side, the streets were busy with people of all races. She noticed all the gold loins immediately. A puzzled expression distorted her face, unsure of what it meant. Then she noticed the abundance of shops in the area. Her father mentioned what the front of Teu’s looked like the night before she walked slowly to see if she could find the sign that read Balatro Apothecary. Soon enough the wolf found it, stopping dead in her tracks. To see their last name like that caused an expression of awe to consumed her entire face. “You did it,” she thought out loud. Isleen pushed open the door. Her jaw slackened, overwhelmed with admiration and pride of her sister. She walked around the large counter, dragging her fingertips as if to see if it were actually real. Isleen paused to read some of the ingredients. “Ms, may I help you with something?” a voice asked, startling the wolf. The boy was tall and lean with grey eyes that Isleen could never forget. Her hand darted up to her heart. She felt overwhelmed with emotion but was certain he would not know her. After all, he had been so young when they last met. “Um, yes, well - I hope you can. I was told I may find Teu here. Is she in?” the hybrid hastily asked. Isleen had not been prepared for the butterflies that flew rampantly in her stomach.

I'm on the edge and I'm not alone.
Remember, this is what you asked for.

You want the worst that's inside us,
|| We'll bring the violence. ||
Teu

Character Info
Name: Teu Balatro
Alignment: CG
Race: Diowolf/Elf
Class: Healer
Silver: 2479
It was a busy day within the store; in the front and in the back. Thankfully Dae and Alairia were a help in both aspects as Teu attempted to work on the stock. Teu was in the back workroom putting together more poultices. Her shop was becoming more notorious around the city. The connection with the Jiyu Clan had also increased the work orders as well as the sales from her shop. Teu could not have been more pleased with the progress of her store or her family. The financial influx was greatly needed as they continued to grow the family. The half elf found that more and more were coming to live with her family as time went on. This was not minded in the least, but a growing family meant more financial burden. Having Luna and her children around were delightful, but the children were eating more and more as they grew.

Fast hands moved to make the small pouches of healing herbs. Alairia was moving quickly as well even with blinded vision. Muscle memory had taken over as the blind daughter worked to fill in the orders. There was a lazy smile upon her daughter’s lips as she worked on her most recent project. Teu was certain that it had to do with her boyfriend, Raith. Despite all that had happened to the couple, they were ever dedicated to one another. Teu was reluctant to continue supporting this relationship considering what had happened to them both. Even if she had pushed a rift between them, Ria would have stayed by Raith’s side. At least she could keep them both while remained skeptical.

”Tie the bonds tighter at the top. These poultices are for placing on wounds while wet. They will be pressed tightly; we can’t have them coming undone in the process.” Teu gave tight instructions to her adopted daughter, which Ria nodded her head.

Teu went back to work though she heard the familiar voice of her son greeting a new patron. The half elf smiled to herself while working on the next pouch. Dae was not on an assignment (a position he had taken that she was not quite happy with), so he could help in the shop during the busy hours. She heard his usual pleasant greeting. The responding answer sent her entire form ridged. The voice. That voice. It was one she could never forget. Fingers began to tremble around her newest pouch of herbal remedy upon the work table. Was it even possible?

Dae frowned slightly in the main shop section as he felt an odd gaze upon him from the patron. Her words were hesitant to say the very least. There were other customers that had already been served still in the store, but this one seemed to have a different air about her. A scent lingered on her that was familiar though he could not quite place it at the moment. ”Teu? My mother, you mean? She is currently working in the back. Is there something you were looking for in particular that I could help you with? Right now she is working with my sister on restocking our stores for the shop as well as pre-orders.” The assassin narrowed his grey gaze on the woman that smelled of vampire and wolf all at once.

The young man’s head turned slowly as he heard the groan of wooden floor from behind him. His mother stood in the door frame that led to the back workrooms. A hand was resting on her chest above her heart in disbelief. Tear had formed and streamed down both cheeks. In a quick move she stretched out her arms while walking toward the customer to wrap her in a tight embrace. Sobs. Dae’s brows knit in confusion as he heard the sobs from his mother as she hugged the other woman tightly.

”You are here. Oh gods, you are here. You are alive, my sister.” Teu knew that her sobs were breaking up her words as she struggled for breath. All the while she knew that Ria was standing in the doorway with Ky, her loyal seeing-eye dog at her side. Confusion was on her sightless face, as well as Dae’s. They had only known Isleen when they had been babes. Now that they were adults, they had only heard stories of their Aunt Isleen. Never had any of the Balatro family believed that she would have been brought to them in Revaliir.

Finally, as Teu brought sense to herself again, she pulled her self away enough to brush Isleen’s dark hair from her youthful and beautiful face. ”Isleen….how is this even possible? Whatever….I don’t care. You are here. You are here in my shop and home.” Teu laughed while brushing away the tears from her face. ”Look! Dae and Alairia are grown and here as well. Look at your nephew and niece.” She waved at the siblings who came forward with their still confused looks.

The brother reached out to grab his sister’s elbow as she neared to guide her towards their mother and (apparently) aunt. He guided Ria enough where she could stand beside the women. A smile began to grow on her lips as the situation began to set in. Faintly her memory brought back a large mansion. Mother and her mother’s sister sat on a plush couch talking about things that the young toddler could not comprehend. The image of her aunt was the same as it had been in the past. Ria lifted her scared face up to Dae to give him a nod. Dae returned the nod even if she could not see it. A little flick of his thumb on her elbow was a silent acknowledgement that she needed. ”Welcome to Revaliir,” Dae finally verbalized for the pair.

Isleen Amara

Character Info
Isleen swallowed hard, collecting her thoughts and focusing on the situation at hand. She was not an emotional woman but her wolf desperately wanted to wrap her arms around him. However, she knew she had not earned that right. The seer did not get to watch Dae and Alaria and felt immense guilt in that moment. Still, she knew without a doubt who this young man was standing before her. They shared no blood but his stormy gaze matched the color of hers more often than not. It was a foolish but she found comfort in this fact. It seemed to justify her attachment to him somehow. She wondered if he favored a sword like Kiba and Ethan or if he sly and covert like a rogue. Perhaps he was a healer like his mother or if his gifts were magically inclined like Isleen. It didn’t matter to the seer. He may not have known it but he was Pack in her eyes. She could not imagine a world where he could do something so extreme as to change that fact.

Before she could reply to Dae, she heard a voice from over his shoulder. The younger Balatro daughter shifted to see around him. A bright smile burst upon her face. In just three strides, the pair found each other and wrapped arms tightly around their forms. Isleen’s legs braced for the weight of her crumpling sister. The wolf buried her nose into Teu’s shoulder, covering herself in the diowolf’s scent. She patted the elf’s beautiful brown hair to comfort the sobs. “I’m here, I’m here,” Isleen replied with a soft, reassuring voice. She would not let go first - she couldn’t.

Isleen brushed her cheek against Teu’s hand as she brushed away the curly dark strands away. The seer’s cheeks and jaw hurt from smiling. She squeezed Teu’s arm as they started to pull away and compose themselves. Feeling ridiculous and delirious from the overwhelming joy, she couldn’t help the giggles. “I know!” she exclaimed with a hand on her chest and bending over, still laughing. She glanced up at Teu. “Heavens, what did you feed them?” Isleen added rubbing her face. She left out a big exhale to compose herself before bursting into giggles again. There was literately only one person in the universe that could cause the reserved, generally cold wolf to exude such warmth and whimsy. Teu was the yang to Isleen’s yen.

“Thank you,” Isleen replied to Dae with some restraint. She turned her attention to Teu. “I know what you’re thinking - you don’t need to send word to father. He knows I’m here,” the younger sibling explained. “I stayed with him at the guild for probably a week or so.” Isleen reached for Teu’s hand. Her expression softened slightly. “Ethan is here too, well, not in Mamlak but still,” Isleen’s words trailed off slightly, instantly wishing she had kept it to herself until they were alone but she couldn’t seem to keep her composure. Her gaze bounced around the shop and her cheeks became flushed with embarrassment. “Sorry to just drop in,” she added.

Teu

Character Info
Emotions were hidden fairly well on Isleen’s face, but Dae was still able to read the confrontation that stirred within her. The secret assassin kept his face neutral as he still did not know who the woman was. She very well could have been an emotional customer or someone there to create trouble for the family. Either way Dae was going to keep a close eye on her even if she did have a familiar scent. He watched her closely while his mother came from behind. To see the similar emotions written on his mother’s face made his muscles relax slightly. At least there was a connection.

Teu’s gaze completely focused on Isleen. The beautiful younger sister that had been thought lost to the Void. The sisters were holding each other fiercely that from onlookers prospective it was difficult to tell who’s limbs belonged to who. Teu could not remember when the last time she felt as happy as she was right in that moment. Isleen was alive and in her arms again. To have her sister returned was more than she could have ever hoped for…even if it was beyond remarkable. The elf would not question how it had come to happen.

Emerald eyes widened in surprise as the younger sister was overtaken with a fit of giggles. This sight and sound was not common when it came to Isleen. Teu’s face broke into a brighter smile until she was overtaken with a fit of giggles herself. Tears turned from relief to sheer joy. Multiple swipes were necessary to brush away the tears as she shook her head in regards to the question. ”Apparently feeding them Lord Raktor’s power was enough to make them sprout up like this,” she let out in a laugh. The words were not humorous, but it was the truth. The children had grown too quickly due to the influence of Raktor’s transferring them to Revaliir. It had been distressing to watch. Thankfully, they turned out fine in the end.

”Father knows?” Her tone was full of surprise. The knowledge made her feel a little better as she was most likely the last stop for reconnection. With this, hopefully Isleen would spend longer than a week with them. ”Well, I am glad you got to spend some time with him. I am sure that he was over the moons with seeing you. It has been difficult for him lately as he has kept thinking about losses.” Teu bit her lower lip wondering if she should have divulged that, but her thoughts were turned to Ethan. ”What?” A simple word, and yet it was laced with much more.

A quick shake of her head was given in order to focus. ”Never apologize for this! I am so happy.” She nodded her chin towards Dae as he directed Ria for the living portion of the building. Teu linked her arm with her sister’s to bring her through a door that would bring them to the house. ”Sit and talk with me, my dear sister. I want to know what has been going on with you. Once that is handled, there is much to share from our household as well.”

Teu brought Isleen to the living room where a large couch was positioned against the back wall. A low table was before it, and then two comfy arm chairs were across from the couch. She maneuvered her sister to sit on the couch where Teu could sit closely to her to keep the warm contact. Dae had placed Ria in the chair across from them, where she kept a hand on Ky’s head. The dog took in the two women as if he were understanding of the situation.

The young man returned with a tray of tea and biscuits to be placed on the table. When placed down, he took a perch upon the arm of the large chair that his sister sat on. He was never one to get comfortable unless he was trying to sleep. Always the hawk in the room. Ria found a teacup in her hand before he was situated. Teu offered cup of tea to her sister before taking one for herself. ”Thank you, Dae. Now, Isleen, how did you find us? Father send you this way?”

Isleen Amara

Character Info
Isleen straightened her rather plain tunic then crossed clasped her right wrist with her left hand in front of her. She wore no rings on this day so she fidgeted with her nails instead. The anxiety that she felt dissipated at Teu's embrace. The younger sibling was just a bit taller and just a big heavier. Isleen knew not to be jealous of Teu's more slender frame considering the elf blood within her. Still, the wolf thought of the elf as incredibly beautiful and even ethereal at times. 

The mention of their former patron god was enough to darken Isleen's cheerful demeanor. "You say his name out loud," she explained with a slight questioning tone. She couldn't help but glance up as if paranoid that he may appear, towering over the girls. Isleen had been the first to be plucked by the God of Death to be his Blessed. This decision made a lot of sense. However, when he was done with Isleen, Teu was selected next. The seer did not understand the God's decision and she feared for her sister, wondering what it would mean for her. Teu was a healer, first and foremost. This was not the right domain for her to serve. However, mere mortals did not get to question the gods. If you were Blessed, the autonomy of your life was taken from you. The dark haired girl felt some guilt for the spotlight shifting to her sister. In that moment, she felt more weight but this time due to the children. 

Isleen did not have time to dwell on the thought. Teu's had a habit of being happy and optimistic enough for the both of them. The hybrid was happy to see that time and life had not stolen that from the elf. She nodded at her sister's words. "Yes - he was closer than you so it was easier," the girl explained. "Looks like he's doing well for himself. I'm not surprised to see that he's rebuilding and leading a guild. I was glad to see Kythe while I was there too. She was always incredibly kind and helpful." The wolf paused for a moment, knowing Teu was withholding something already. "What losses exactly - who else?" she questioned, her chest becoming tight with anticipation. At the mention of Ethan, she watched Teu's joy falter slightly. Isleen nodded her head with her lips pursed. "I will explain - but it likely will not help what you're feeling," she offered, wanting to wait until they were less public. 

Then, like the tide, a wave of happiness pushed out whatever negativity had been there before. Teu's resilience was bar none. Isleen smiled at her sister as they linked arms and began heading towards their personal quarters, away from the shop. She sat on the couch as indicated, feeling similar to when they were girls in Teu's bedroom. Her grey eyes looked over to Ria and her companion. Then she watched Dae leave without a word. She assumed he just didn't want to be around a bunch of silly girls so she was surprised to see him return. The boy came back with treats and tea then attended his sister. This entire exchange warmed Isleen's heart. She turned her attention to Teu and took the cup of tea. She crossed her legs upon the couch cushion and sat up straight with the cup nestled in her lap. "Thank you," she replied, looking to each of them then nodded with a bit of color on her cheeks. It had been a very long time since she felt such warmth and comfort. It would have made her feel uneasy had it not been for her sister. Instead, anything less from the elf would have given the seer pause.

She took a sip of tea to buy herself some time to find the proper response. She gazed down at the cup before looking back up at those lovely green eyes. "Yes and no," she began. "I don't know how I got to this world. I remember our land and that shifted to darkness as if I were captured during the war or something. In this darkness, I was bound by heavy chains and tortured with electricity until I could no longer fight. I think he wanted me sufficiently broken before unleashing me into this realm. When I was allowed to leave, I shifted and ran until I could no more. I am told that area is called the Umbral Depths - that is where Ethan found me." Her gaze had moved between them as she explained but she paused to look directly at Teu, gripping her tea just a little tighter. "He's been watching you from afar. You and father. I think, at first, he decided not to bother because it was easier but in time I think he needed to know for sure if any of his family was left. I'm not sure if he expected to actually find you - but I do believe when he did, and I was not among you, that he opted to stay in the shadows. It's hard for him to talk about it - not that I'm not kind when we do," Isleen took a sip of tea, thinking back to their fight. The girl scorned him heavily, demanding that he accept that there are others who love him. He may not want them as family, but family they are. Ethan took that fact he shared blood with other beings for granted versus Isleen who was adopted by them but shared no such linage."Anyway, as I said, I went to see father first but made him keep it a secret so I could come here myself. Surprise!" 

Teu

Character Info
Teu knew her sister well enough to notice the little movements spoke louder than any words she could ever say. The half elf allowed herself to sink into the embrace to feel every bit Isleen within her grasp. How long had it been since the sisters had been in one another’s presence? It had been the question without a question that made Teu’s features ease into a saddened smile. The trauma that Isleen had experienced had been deeper than anyone could ever fully understand.. Isleen was strong on the outside, but she was more fragile then she would ever let on. Teu lightly brushed her sister’s cheek in a reassuring motion. ”I do speak of him, dear sister. He is the only reason why Alairia, Dae and I are here. With the last of his power he sent us here. For that, I remain grateful.”. Her tone remained gentle with no sense of judgement on how Isleen felt on the topic.

A sense of relief washed over Teu as Isleen spoke of their father. That they had met and spent some time together was beyond reassuring to the elf’s heart. There was a slight chuckle from her at the observation made. ”Yes, it came about in an odd way, but it is comforting to see that certain things will not change.”.

Her face darkened at the needing to admit that there would be some that would not be coming back. ”Father and myself have searched extensively. We are fairly certain that mother….Nami…will not be back. It has…been difficult for father to accept. He has only now started to accept and try to move forward.”. Fingers pulled at the ends of her tunic. They had not known that Isleen was back. She began to feel the guilt of not searching hard enough to find her sister. In her heart there had been no mourning the way that it did for Nami. That sense of loss.

Teu glanced over and Dae and Ria as they stood in each other’s embrace. She was proud of them and how they had grown. Many things had changed. It was time for Isleen to know what was happening with the family; to the extent that it had evolved from the DaeLuin. It all felt as if it were an eternity ago.

The need to remain in a positive essence was the constant push in Teu’s life. Taking Isleen and the children into the living quarters to have some tea would be the best remedy. She smiled at her son as he made sure to get all of the women in the room settled before perching on the armchair with Ria. Carefully, Ria sipped upon her tea that had been made to her perfect liking. The two adults listened to their mother and aunt carefully. Both had heard many stories about their aunt Isleen over the years; each had craved the ability to meet her, though they had had little hope of it actually coming to pass.

Multiple sips of tea were taken as Teu listened to her sister’s story. Feeling the warmth of the herb soaked water flowing down her throat was one of the only ways that could help keep her senses settled. Isleen had been tortured repeatedly. They had not found her to save her from such a fate. She had to suffer alone…thinking she was alone for a time. Teu sensed her children shifting in their seats slightly out of concern.

Dae knew he had been a young boy at the time, but he had not been able to protect anyone in his family from the fates that had befallen them. Isleen had been taken and tortured. Mother had fought for everything they had with no help except what a child and babe could offer. And then Ria was captured, tortured and blinded. Dae clenched his fists on his lap at his lack of abilities, but he had been working hard to change all of that.

A warmth was felt on the back of his hand as Ria held his white-knuckled fists as if to reassure him. The young man turned to look down at his sister who merely continued to drink her tea. She had accepted what life was with all that it offered whether it be bad or good. There was only so much that could be done.

Teu’s slight fingers gripped her tea cup tighter at the realization that Ethan had made it. He was safe. She kept the tears from streaming down her face, though they pooled slightly in the corner of her emerald eyes. More and more of her family were appearing in Revaliir. To think that this was happening…it was more than she could have dreamed of.

”No…I get it,” she answered softly. The older sibling glanced up as Isleen’s tone changed to a joking of sorts, which elicited a laugh from Teu. ”Yes, surprise indeed! Mission accomplished.” This time the tea cup that was lifted to her lips was empty when she tried to drink. Teu gently placed her cup on the table in front of them before turning towards Isleen while pulling her legs upon the couch. ”You need to stay for awhile…if you can spare the time. I want to show you the store and the city that we have settled into. It is wonderful here. We have made friends that have helped grow the apothecary. Many things have changed since we last saw one another as well.”. A large smile was now plastered on her face as she looked over her sister. She looked healthy, and happy to the core despite all that had happened.

Isleen Amara

Character Info
“Then I am grateful,” Isleen replied with a soft nod. Her time as a Blessed had not been terrible. He gave her a home and more power than she had ever wielded before. The god did not question her psychic gifts or abuse her affinity for dark magic. However, it did require her to leave the comfort of her family. The girl would have been completely alone if Ethan had not chosen to follow her. He taught her blood magic not long after learning she was already exploring necromancy.

“The world could be on fire with all magic stripped from the land - and Kiba Balatro would be there with a small army carrying buckets of water to put it out,” the younger sister added with a belly laugh. Their father was a champion for the people, first and foremost. The girls were lucky that his love of country did not outweigh his love for his family like so many other leaders. Isleen did not feel that he was absent much and questioned how he managed to balance it all.

When Teu confessed concerning their mother, Isleen looked away. Her face pursed together, trying to fight back any tears. Kiba had shared this information with Isleen relatively quickly into their visit when the girl asked to see the angel. He couldn’t lie to her; that’s not how they operated. Isleen broke down and collapsed to her knees almost instantly. Fortunately, Kiba managed to grab her before she fell completely to the ground. Isleen curled into his arms, burying her face in his chest and sobbed uncontrollably. “I - I know. Has he started seeing anyone yet?” the girl asked with a strained tone. It was unreasonable of her to expect him to spend the rest of his days alone but Isleen was not prepared to deal with that reality yet.

“I am thankful it was Ethan that stumbled across me and not someone else. I’m certain I would have killed them given how scared and broken I was.” She paused at the memory of her wolf form. “That fool had not shifted once since the transition!” Isleen exclaimed. She was trying to be selective on how much she shared so as not to dominate the conversation. However, this was her sister. There were countless times they curled up and just talked about anything and everything. The only difference now was the presence of her niece and nephew. “He sends his love. I’m sure with time, he’ll come around. Blame his absence on him attempting to respect my time with you all - though his ridiculous pride had a lot to do with it too,” she tried to explain.

She chuckled at Teu’s declaration. “I am happy to stay as long as you’ll have me - though you must let me help in some way. I don’t want to be a freeloader,” Isleen answered. “I’m excited to hear everything. Is there a man?” She grinned with her tea cup near her lips with a wink.