Roleplay Forums > Temples > Hestia Castle > An Unfamiliar Brand of Chaos [P]
Hans Grish

Character Info
Name: Hans Grish
Alignment: LG
Race: Human
Class: Knight of the Raven (Paladin)
Silver: 126
Hans, ever since his arrival to this strange new world, had a hard time getting used to certain aspects of life here. Magic in contrast to the Old World he knew, was seemingly ever present, the air was thick with it. It sometimes made his head spin with dizziness. He hoped he would eventually get used to it, he just needed to acclimate to the environment of this world just like he would grow used to the biting cold of Norsca.

However if there was one thing he couldn’t get used to was the religion of this world. Or rather religions. They had different gods, which to be fair was to be expected but the dynamics of how worked were kinda confusing to him. For he learned that the gods here, walked the earth in a very literal sense. They were living deities that could and often did stand among mortal men and women. A hard concept for him to wrap his head around as he only ever experienced Gods of his home via more indirect means. The visions in his sleep and the power of their champions came to mind. But to see a god just walking upon the earth and to know what some of them looked very much like humans…

Suffice to say Grisha needed to see this with his own eyes. Not because he didn’t believe, not necessarily because of that, he just probably needed a visual confirmation for that so that his mind could process this information properly. And so, he took his horse, Schwarz, and rode out to find one of those Living Gods.

And he didn’t have to look far, as it happened one of them lived in a rather easy to reach location, in the middle of a great plain. Most locals, he asked, pointed him in that direction, to the volcanic castle which sprouted from the earth overnight and turned land around it black, with thick veins of boiling lava. Most would not dare to get close but Hans felt like he was being drawn in like a moth to a flame, he prayed to his god that he wouldn’t burn like one.

And after some days of travel he reached his destination, a monumental volcano fortress which like a tumor grew out of the verdant plains of Bohar. Hans left Schwarz, at the edge of the blackened land, he didn’t wish risking life of his dear mount in this inhospitable section of land, so he moved forward alone and tried to make this quick as he felt that if he remained in place for too long he would be cooked inside of his own armor.

Soon thereafter he found himself at the entrance to the castle, a flight of stairs leading up to a single portal, light ablaze with golden light. Yet again, Hans found himself drawn to the light, like a moth to a flame and soon enough he was face to face with the shimmering glow. Once there he looked back to where he came from, trying to make out if Shwarz was alright but, it seemed she was, so he turned towards the light and stepped through it.
Bianca Bathory
Deity

Character Info
Name: Bianca Bathory
Alignment: None
Race: Compilcated
Class: Fire/Blood Mage
Silver: 601
Since appearing the Castle had become a beehive of activity as those followers of Fire and those of Chaos came on pilgrimages to the volcano. Some came to simply pay their respects and offerings to the new Deity, others came to try and join the Clergy as either an Agent of Fire or of Chaos, sometimes both. Some had heard of the Deity’s affinity for Blood magic, and though they did not hold as Aspect in that realm, it was still an area of study that Bianca was interested in. To that end, some blood mages had come to seek out the new Deity, hoping to either learn or even study along side Bianca in their Laboratory. Most of these Bianca had turned away, having found no use in what they knew, or, no potential in them. A very select few did get brought in and worked in the Laboratory on samples of blood that Bianca was amassing slowly.

Meanwhile, in the Hall of Helios, things were running smoothly as smiths and Chaos Agents worked away doing whatever it was they were doing at that moment. Bianca knew everything that happened in their Castle, so everyone was free to do what they wanted as long as it benefitted the Castle or further spread Chaos in some way. It was here that Bianca was at the moment, assisting in showing a few newer Fire mages how to summon an elemental. Bianca sensed someone new had crossed into their territory and then up the stairs and into the Ingress Gallery. ”Hexa, see who that is.” Bianca commanded the pocket sized succubus that was hovering close by.

”Right away, Master.” Came the reply from the small voice.

The small succubus zipped over to the lava flow and melded to it, appearing a moment in the Gallery where the stranger was walking in at the moment. Hexa was only about six inches tall, and wearing, well, almost nothing, she was a succubus after all, and she looked utterly adorable, even if she had resting bitch face and the temper to match. Hexa zipped over to armoured stranger and hovered a few feet away from him. ”Welcome to Hestia Castle, stranger, I am Hexa, what brings you here today?” Hexa was trying to be nice, as Bianca had told her to be to new people that arrived, but it was clearly a strain on the small beings temperament. She’d just as soon fireball this armoured being and leave it at that, but, Bianca was in charge so Hexa followed the orders she was given.
Hans Grish

Character Info
As Hans stepped through the Portal into the volcanic castle he took note of a few things. First of all, the temperature. By no means was it any colder than on the outside but strangely it seemed to be slightly more bearable when he was now inside the large fortification. Although with how gates were more or less thrown open, some other term would probably be more appropriate. The second thing he noticed was the great fountain of lava with an extravagant statue that depicted two dragons, said statues also spewed out fire from their stoney maws and possessed peculiar sets of eyes. It was hard for him to describe them, like they were real but at the same time more like shining jewels or little sparks of fire. And although a sight to behold, he felt a tad bit uncomfortable when looking at them. As if they watched him, his every move, down to the slightest twitch of the fingers.

However his ponderings on if he was being watched by an inanimate object, were cut short by the arrival of a peculiar figure. A tiny, hand sized woman with wings, horns and a tail that…was almost naked. And to add to all of this, she seemed not too pleased with Hans being there…although with his helmet on and the size of…tiny creature it was hard to tell. His feelings on the matter were only confirmed when she spoke, and although she didn’t cuss him out and used pretty neutral language, it was clear from the way she said it that she didn’t want him to be here. So as to not risk offending someone who worked here, and therefore risk the wrath of their employers, Hans decided that a direct approach would be the best one.

- Well, yes hello. My name is Hans Grish and I came here on a sort of a pilgrimage. - He began - Well sort off. I am from rather far away and I wanted to learn about the religions and the gods of this…continent? World?
His last words came unsure and he gripped his chin in thought.
- Ehmm…I also heard that Gods walked the earth in a sort of a literal sense of the word. So I also hoped to see one if that is not too impudent of me to ask. If it is, I am ready to face any consequences that might befall me for this…brazen request.
Bianca Bathory
Deity

Character Info
The tiny succubus rolled her eyes as the armoured man spoke. ”Brazen request indeed! You wonder in, asking to have an audience, just to see a Deity! She giggle, given her size it could have been cute, but given the topic it was almost a threat. ”Do you have any idea who’s Castle you have walked into?! This is Hestia Castle, home to the Epox of Fire, the Herald of Chaos! You’d be so lucky to leave here alive without being turned into ash!” Hexa went a little too far as she was giggling like a psychopath as she spoke.

”Hexa! A voice echoed through the chamber.

”Eep!” Hexa squeaked and glanced over to one of the lava falls.

A figure stepped out of the lava, it was Bianca and their fire orange eyes were staring at the succubus. Bianca was wearing a simple robe of blood and fire reds and orange and with some purple mixed in on the trim. It allowed some of their chest to show and they were lacking any kind of footwear. The oddest thing, however, was that as Bianca walked over to Hans and Hexa their entire self seemed to shift subtly as they walked. One moment looking more masculine the next more feminine and all the way to one extreme or the other or so perfectly down the middle it was impossible to tell if they were male or female. If Bianca focused they could control this aspect of their being but at the moment they were not. ”Have we not spoken about you being nicer, Hexa? If you are to continue being my attendant I do need you to learn not to threaten anyone that walks in here that isn’t presenting themselves as a danger.”

”Y… yes, Master.” Hexa replied barely able to look at Bianca.

”Good, now, who do we have here?” Bianca turned to Hans.

”Master, this is Hans Grish, Hans, this Bianca Bathory, Epox of Fire and Herald of Chaos.” Hexa introduced them to each other as was her job.

”Thank you, Hexa, that’ll be all.” Bianca nodded and the little succubus quickly made for the lava falls and melded to it. ”Please forgive my tiny attendant, Hans, she’s new to this and is learning. What brings you to my domain then, Hans? Are you here because of Fire or because of Chaos?” Bianca asked as they looked the armoured man up and down for a moment. Perhaps Chaos?
Hans Grish

Character Info
Hans was…concerned once he had heard the little woman giggle like a psychopathic killer who was about to strike down their prey, he might have even started to curse his own blasted curiosity. And the things that she let out about the deity she served…”Herald of Chaos”. At mere mention of the word ‘Chaos’, Hans tensed up. Just what did he get himself into this time, he wondered, remembering his time in the Chaos Wastes, the things he saw, the monstrous acts he bore witness to there.

He almost summoned his weapon to defend himself…almost, as seemingly the one ruled this castle, the deity to which the tiny flying creature was subservient, graced him and her with her presence. And in what fashion…it did, stepping out of lava fall like it was nothing. And it’s appearance, in one instant it looked like a female, then like a male and then like neither. Constantly shifting, like flowing water…or a more apt comparison to the environment, like flowing lava.

Hans would lie if he were to say that he was to some degree disturbed by the constantly shifting appearance of the deity that he bore witness to right now. It too brought up painful memories of his time spent in the northern wastes of Norsca, at the edge of real and unreal. It also brought to mind the images of a particular kind of demon he had to fight. Male and female at once but at the same being neither, unnaturally alluring and dangerous. He thanked his god for keeping him sane during that time but he yet again bore witness to something very similar. Was this being Herald of Ruinous Powers? Was this world too afflicted with their presence? He had to know and the best way right now would be to ask.

However before he could do so he had to answer a question which was posed by him by this God. Was he here because of Fire or because of Chaos…well neither but that wouldn’t probably do him much good, but then again he was a terrible liar so it would be best to say the truth.
- Well, I am here because of both of those things and because of neither of them - he bagan - You see, your…divine majesty? I am already sworn to the service of a particular god, one that I am not sure you heard of, which is the crux of the reason why I am here. I come from far, far away…or rather I was brought here to this land from far, far away. I know next to nothing of this place, this land and since I am a man of faith I decided to start out with the religions and gods people worship here. As to not cause any problems with my lack of knowledge on the topic, of course. And since in my opinion it is best to learn of those things directly from the source I came here. - He finished and then added - That and I was somewhat intrigued by the fact that gods around here…well, show themselves to mortals in such a direct manner, on the mortal plane of existence, as your divine majesty just did. Back where I come from such things simply do not occur, so I will admit I was curious to see a god with my own two eyes.
Bianca Bathory
Deity

Character Info
Intriguing, this armoured man was here from what sounded like a different world almost, let alone a different land. Bianca eyed his armour more as he spoke, he almost looked closer to a knight of Death of some sort. But he was also curious as to why the Deities of these lands walked among the mortals, unlike where he came from, and he wanted to see a God for his own eyes. ”I see, well, I do not mind answering some of your inquiries, Hans, please, have a seat if you like.” Bianca snapped their fingers as the stone of the floor shifted near Hans to form a chair and one formed next to Bianca that they took a seat in.

All of this, to anyone that knew Bianca, knew it was rather out of character for the usually chaotic being. Instead of answering questions they were more apt to tell someone like Hans off, then burn them to death if they persisted. But, Bianca was not foolish enough to see that they did not have new responsibilities now. Being a Deity came with duties, and Bianca could still being as chaotic as they wanted to be, tempered by what their role was now in the world. Taking the heat from most of the fires in the lands right away had only been to make a statement that Bianca was not one to mess around with. Since then things had been quiet, but only because there was a chance that Bianca and her Chaos Agents were planning something else. A little seed of chaos here, and one there, no trace that things might be staged to go wrong.

Whether Hans sat or not Bianca started to explain. ”One thing you will need to understand, as hard as it might be, is that we Deities of these lands were all once more mortal ourselves. I have only been in this position myself for a few weeks now, I’m the youngest of the immortals in the Conclave. Our powers come from another being called the Voice, however, I’ll be honest I don’t know much about the Voice apart from that it was the being that came to me and gave me my Divinity and powers. There was a Goddess of Light and Strength before me, an angel by the name of Sirona, she has now become mortal once more, losing her divinity, for what reason I do not know, you’d have to track her down and ask. I was raised in her place to fill the hap.” Bianca paused a moment to think. ”Aside from myself, there is also Angela, Goddess of Love and Life, Serafina, Goddess of Death and Debauchery. Nemesis, God of Darkness and Fear and finally Shiloh, Goddess of Luck and Storms.” Just in case he did not know the rest of the Conclave’s names. ”I don’t want to ramble on, so, if you have more questions I’ll try and answer.”
Hans Grish

Character Info
- Well if you are offering it would be rude of me to decline - Hans said as the stone seat appeared and he sat down on it. He could have make a note about if the seat was comfortable or not but then he reminded himself that he wore armor and probably any seat would be tad bit uncomfortable if one sat on in a full plate so he quieted down these thoughts and begun to listen intently to what Bianca had to say. And what she did say was…interesting? intriguing? It was hard for Hans to put into thoughts and words the feeling he had when listening to her explaination of how gods worked here.

The biggest shock to him was to know that all Gods of this world were once…mortal. To hear that the God in front of him was in that position for just a few weeks…it messed with his head on a fundemental level. Other thing was that there something higher than the Gods, something that made them Gods…this Voice…and the fact that yet again showed how mortal these Gods were, the one who sat in front of him knew only that it gave it it's powers and divinity. And that Gods can become mortal once again? Just like that? It was hard for him to imagine this, as he was grown accustomed to other sort of gods. The kind that are more intrinsic, more primordial to the world. Whose removal from their pedestal of godhood would mean grand ramifications for the world at large. The way Bianca explained this it made Gods of this land sound…dispossable. Replacable…which well was exactly what Bianca is, an replacment for that other Goddess, Sirona. It was hard to process suffice to say and Hans would only listen on as Bianca named other gods.

Love and Life, Fear and Darkness, Luck and Storms…those sounded pretty standard thus far but when he heard of Serafina…Death and Debauchery he got visibly tense. The mere idea of this combination brought out nasty memories in Hans, the things he witnessed by those who reveled in unbound hedonism and death. It made him sick to his stomach. What made it worse it sounded like it was the only Goddess who dealt with Death here it… he hoped that what he felt was just a visceral and gut reaction as opposed to a bad omen as to how depraved this world was when one who governed the dead, also governed the overindulgence in pleasure. However despite his feelings on that matter he kept his mouth shut and sat there, thinking and muling over the information provided.

It took him a few moments before he looked upon Bianca nad begun to speak himself.
- I see - he started - Back where I come from, there was only one instance of when mortal ascended to Godhood. When Sigmar Heldenhammer, the founder of my homeland, the Empire disappeared for parts unknown it was said that his mighty deeds during his life, such is founding the greatest nation of men in the world and saving humankind from extinction at the hands of the Green Tide of Orks, made him worthy of ascension. However this was the only case when that happened all other gods…they were already there. Long before any of us were born. My god, Morr, the Lord of the Dead was a God when Sigmar himself was a mere mortal, and he was one long before that too. To hear that Gods of this world were all, without exception, once mortal it's…hard to fathom. - He stopped and took a breath thinking what to say next. - And as to questions…you mentioned the domains of other Gods in your "Conclave" but what of you? What do you mean when you say you govern Chaos? I ask…in some part because we had Chaos deities back home and they were known aptly as "Ruinous Powers", so I have not the best of memories when someone says they are God of Chaos.
Bianca Bathory
Deity

Character Info
Bianca was watching Hans’ reactions as they spoke about the Deities and how they worked in these lands, and he seemed upset by most of it. However, when Bianca mentioned Serafina and her Domains he visibly tensed up and Bianca grinned. ”I noticed your tensing, Hans, when I mentioned Serafina, if you’re worried about her having those Domains together, fret not, she is not an evil woman. I know her well, even before I was in the station I am now, she is not heartless, however, it is not a good idea to try and disrupt any plans she may have.” Bianca explained before finishing up what they had been explaining before and allowing Hans to mull over the information for a few moments in silence.

Hans went on to explain how the only mortal in his home lands rose to be a God, but Bianca had to wonder; was it possible that the Gods that came before him also started as mortals but had never fallen? The Voice seemed a bit fickle at times, in Bianca’s opinion, then again sometimes a Deity fell because they wanted to, like Sirona had, the pressures of the station became too much for them. He then went on to ask Bianca more directly about their Domain and Bianca could not help a small grin appear when Hans mentioned ‘Ruinous Powers’, Bianca liked the sound of that. ”Well, you can put your mind to some ease, Hans, as I am not about to start wars, or try to level cities just because I can. The Voice is a balancing factor for us in the Conclave, and it also chooses the Domains for us, picking ones that best suit our personalities and strengths. I’m a natural Fire magic user, and I can be at times, hm, not exactly the nicest person, you caught me in a good mood I’ll be honest, but, don’t fret, no harm will come to you while you are here.”

Bianca grinned and thought a moment. ”Then again, the Voice never told me exactly what I must do, I still have free will in my decision making. I’d like to think my role in all of this will be to keep the people of the lands on their collective toes. If they become too content or too reliant on others, it’s my job to shake them up by sowing some problems in their lives. I did this already, right when I first Ascended; for two days I drained almost all of the fires in the lands of their heat, but they did not go out. Certain locations I did not affect, healing halls remained unaffected, and the frozen lands to the South kept their heat, however, in turn, I dimmed the fires’ light by half. If anyone was in desperate need of their fire, such as a new mom keeping her babe warm, she had but to speak my name into the Fire and explain and I would give her heat back.” Bianca smiled. ”It woke some people up I think to realize how much they rely on fire without ever thinking about it, how easy it is for many to ignite and sometimes how unappreciative they can be of it. Does that explain at least in part what I am doing with my station?”
Hans Grish

Character Info
- I see, well you seem to know her closer so than I so I think it makes sense to trust your opinion. The matter is…or was that we had a deity of similar domains and it wasn't…pleasent. Or at least not to the society at large. Those who followed her comadments, they were a group of degenerates who mixed death and pleasure, joy and despair, pain and eroticism in pursuit of the most extreme of feelings. Debauched beyond salvation…and they sought to spread their corruption as far as they could. I posses no pleasent memories of that god and her followers so I was on edge when I heard that combination again. - Hans explained - Still I do not doubt your words.

- As to what you do…I think I understand seems somewhat in line of Ranald, the Trickster God of my homeland. Although he was also invested into such domains as luck and gambling and generaly speaking his cult is unlike any back home since it lacks most forms of organised structure one comes to expect from veneration of an deity, and people that you would call his priests are by an large laymen, such as thieves and gamblers. Though I am not quite sure I am on board with the fire trick, it feels somewhat to a degree wrong to do this in my heart. Just because some people treat something like a fact of life doesn't mean they do not value it…it feels like trying to punish children for doing something someone never explained to them that it was wrong or not acceptable. But then it's not for me to question a god. For I am still a mere mortal being.

Hans looked down on the floor for a moment after which he looked back on Bianca again.
- I am very sorry if I rambled on, your divinity. Sometimes I have troubled properly keeping my thoughts to myself.