Roleplay Forums > Temples > Hall of Indulgence > A game of Darts[P,R]
Cassandra

Character Info
Name: Cassandra
Alignment: LN
Race: Vaewolf
Class: Hunter
Silver: 22
A small cheer rose from some of those gathered in the tavern that night as the dart found its target. The gathered patrons, around half a dozen, had gathered around a table close to a wall, drinking and talking as a dart game was in progress. But it was not a serious game, no money was being exchanged, and they were even using a real board. An old sheet had been draped against the wall and ran down along the floor to help stop any kind of mess that might, and would, be made, it was already stained red.

Cassandra grinned as she lined up her dart and tossed it, laughing as she nailed the target again. A bull’s eye, or, rather, a wolf’s eye. Because, hanging from the wall using its hair was a head, a human head, that had several darts stuck into it already from Cassandra the gentleman who was throwing them along side her. Cassandra was still stained with some blood, she had made an attempt to wash much of it off, but had been too high on excitement to care that much. After bringing her grisly trophy to the Second Circle, along with a possible new friend Hiro, Cassandra had done exactly what she had told the woman she would do; use her head a dart board.

Obviously, walking into a tavern, and more so one that she worked at, with a severed head and then nailing it to the wall was… different. But this was Vilpamolan, a city known for violence, and while the Second Circle was a high-class tavern, its patrons were still citizens of this city. None of them were unfamiliar with violence. So when Cassandra, someone they knew as a bartender, had arrived back here with a head and called for a round of drinks on her things had started on the right foot.

She had not forgotten Hiro, however, the young man who had helped her with the lycan couple. She had started a tab for him under her name and she would pay off or work off whatever debt her worked up while he was here. Whether he wanted to join in the dart game or sit at the bar and drink and watched Cassandra had left that choice up to him. For now, she was revel in her victory over the lycans that had attacked her.

Of course, what Cassandra was kind of forgetting about in all of this was one thing; what was Serafina going to think? Here and now, one of her own staff had brought in this grisly trophy, while still having dried blood on her, hung it on a wall, in front of patrons, who then all gathered around to help Cassandra celebrate. She had explained what had happened to some of them, perhaps getting a bit too personal but she was still riding an emotional high so perhaps she was thinking as clearly as she normally would have been.

But, at least she had put the sheet down to keep the mess contained?

Right?
Hiro Kouen

Character Info
Name: Hiro Kouen
Alignment: TG
Race: Humanoid Elemental
Class: Elemental Knight
Silver: 1067
Hiro felt actually somewhat nervous.  It felt unlike him usually.  He could jump into combat without hesitation, he could and has fought enemies more numerous than him, strong opponents.  But for some reason, he felt out of his league here.  Hiro followed her to Vilpomolan city, a city he never been to (known for violence and sin), to a tavern called the Second Circle run by the Goddess of Death and Debauchery.  Despite his taste of the latter from some of Lord Torn's valkyries (as an award for beating a fire giant in a tournament), Hiro wasn't known to be a lustful guy.  He was still not even twenty years old yet.  Was he going to meet the Goddess herself here?  He didn't know much about her.  He didn't know anything about Cassandra besides what came up during their little adventure earlier.  He had found her attractive, and thought she was going to potentially murder someone.  Turned out he was right about that in the end, but she was fully justified in doing that.

So Hiro was sitting there on a barstool, somewhat melancholy, he hadn't been a big drinker either.  He probably should have felt more triumphant in defeating those two lycans, but Cassandra certainly had more emotional attachment to the task than he had.  And they were certainly actually tossing darts at the woman's bloody head mounted on the wall.  He felt like this place wasn't his kind of place.  But it wasn't his place to say that, and she was graciously paying for his drinks.  So Hiro was sipping slowly from a spiced mead.  It tasted good, and warmed him up a bit.

He couldn't help but think a Goddess wouldn't appreciate a bartender literally using a severed head as a target in her divine bar.  It didn't seem sanitary at the least.

Serafina
Deity

Character Info
Name: Serafina Volkov
Alignment: CE
Class: Goddess / Female Alpha
Silver: 10153
Serafina’s mouth was pressed to the wrist of a rather fit looking young man who had volunteered to be her dinner for the evening, a small trickle of blood coming from the corner of her ruby painted lips. The man’s head was tipped back, his eyes closed, and the expression on his face clearly gave way to the fact that he was certainly enjoying this encounter. His blood was particularly delectable, as he had been following a rather strict diet in an effort to appease ‘his’ goddess – which, judging from the way that Serafina licked her lips as she pulled her mouth away from the wound she had inflicted on his wrist, he had done so. ”Tomorrow, come for my dinner again… and you’ll get a nice… let’s call it a reward,” she said to him as he got up, retrieving his discarded tunic from the floor. A look of absolute elation graced his face as he bowed to her, retreating out of the room as Serafina reclined back.

A moment after her ‘dinner’ had departed, she could hear raucous noise coming from the bar downstairs – a bit more raucous than usual. Her interest was piqued. Was there simply just a louder group tonight, or was there a fight? She didn’t particularly care for rabblerousers who came into her establishment and caused fights. The Second Circle was pretty well known for having a slightly more sophisticated clientele, but that didn’t stop some… interesting situations from unfolding.

With a bit of a sigh, Serafina got up and walked out of her private chamber, intent on heading downstairs to see what was going on. She was dressed properly, in one of her typical slightly-revealing gowns that she wore, and her hair was pinned up as elegantly as it usually was – the only thing out of place was the fact that there was still a bit of blood at the corner of the mouth. Those with the proper knowledge would view that as a warning sign that she may have been interrupted during a meal… or the activities that sometimes followed a meal.

As she descended the stairs, there was enough activity where her presence was not immediately noticed, as everyone’s attention seemed to be focused on someone playing darts – the scent told Serafina it was Cassandra… and a further analyzation of the scent told her there was blood, and quite a bit of it… and something else that smelled vaguely familiar but foreign at the same time.

One of the patrons who had been watching moved to the side and Serafina could see more clearly what was going on, and was able to put two and two together rather quickly. Cassandra had obviously found the lycan that had changed her, and gotten her revenge – and for a moment, Serafina felt pride swelling within her. She could catch Cassandra’s scent, from at least being in proximity, on a youthful looking male at the bar, sipping on some spiced mead. She was wondering if this was someone that Cassandra had gotten to help her, or if he had just been in the vicinity. Either way, he had been there – but he didn’t look like much of a threat. In fact, he didn’t look like he wanted to be there whatsoever.

She didn’t often feel proud of anyone other than herself (and perhaps Nemesis, Celeste or Xerxez – the name that caused her the most pain to think about). However, Cassandra seemed to be taking quite the leap of faith that she wasn’t going to face consequences for her actions currently. Serafina wasn’t angry, but Cassandra didn’t know that – and perhaps this would be the time for both congratulations and a lesson.

With ethereal speed, Serafina appeared next to the head as Cassandra threw another dart, and caught it before it could make a connection with the head. ”Having fun?” she asked, her expression difficult to read. A hush fell over the crowd that had gathered, and several of them stepped back. Serafina kept the dart grasped between her fingers, and she looked around at the situation. Cassandra seemed to have taken several precautions to keep the bar from taking any damage due to the leaking fluids from the head. She appreciated that.

”I see you got your revenge,” she said, walking over to Cassandra until she was standing just next to her. She fell silent for a moment, giving her an analyzing look. She could sense the trepidation of the other patrons in the room, hear them whispering to one another about what consequences the bartender could face for taking such a chance. ”I’m afraid I have some regrets about this,” she said, frowning slightly, twisting the dart back and forth in her fingers. With the same speed she had appeared, she spun and threw the dart with much force at the head, it wedging properly between the woman’s eyes.

”I only regret I wasn’t there to see you rip the bitch’s head off!” she shouted, turning to face Cassandra and the crowd with an exuberant grin on her face. The crowd roared, closing back in and cheering on Cassandra. ”Jasuin, bring out the good stuff… It’s time to fucking celebrate!” Serafina yelled, and Jasuin immediately began to pull out her private stash of wine and whiskey from the back office room.

Serafina turned to Cassandra and embraced her. ”You have made me proud today, Cass,” she said, squeezing her tightly. ”You’re bold. I like that,” she added with a wink, as Jasuin walked over and handed her a bottle of whiskey. She offered it to Cassandra first. ”Job well done, I’d say!”

Serafina is The Infernal Queen, or The Temptress

Serafina's God Rules/Abilities
I. Serafina can manipulate anyone into telling her what they wish to indulge in above all else.
II. Serafina can summon the souls of the damned from Inferos to do her bidding in the mortal plane.
III. Serafina can alter the mood in a room or area and cause any of its non-divine inhabitants to begin acting in over indulgent, lush, or incredibly violent behavior.
Cassandra

Character Info
Cassandra was too focused on her target to notice that Serafina had arrived in the Circle, at least until she threw the dart and Serafina appeared and caught it. The expression was hard to read but as the hush came over the crowd Cassandra blinked as her eyes widened. ~Ah, fuck.~ She thought to herself, ya, she really hadn’t thought this through too well. Cassandra swallowed as Serafina stepped over to her and she slowly nodded her head to Serafina’s question of her revenge. Made sense that Serafina would be able to smell the similarities between Cassandra and the head on the wall.

When Serafina said that she had some regrets Cassandra paled a little bit. ~Shit shit shit.~ Serafina moved with a blur and Cassandra flinched until she saw that the dart embedded itself into Lisa’s head as Serafina shouted. Cassandra visibly relaxed at the declaration from the Queen and the crowd roared. Jasuin was instructed to get the good stuff out before Serafina embraced Cassandra, who returned the hug. ”Thank you, Serafina, it was by chance I ran into her, and her mate, but the second I picked up their scent I knew I remembered her. Without your training though, I don’t think I could have taken her.” Cassandra grinned. ”Oh, I didn’t so much rip her head off, as I chewed it off. Turns out, neither of them could shift unless it was a full moon. Their intent the night they found was to use me as a play thing, but she went too far when she first bit me so they left me to die until you found me. It was her that bit me, her mate, who’s body is laying in an alley in Adeluna, just watched and waited for his turn. Oh!” She knew she had forgot something and now she felt bad.

Turning Cassandra motioned for Serafina to follow her and went to the bar where Hiro was sitting with his drink. ”Hiro, this is Serafina, Serafina, this is Hiro.” She introduced, and once that was out of the way. ”Hiro stepped up to help me, even though at first I tried to get him to leave me alone. He prevented her mate from attacking me from me behind, though allowed me the opportunity to kill them both.” She explained and looked to Hiro, who did look uncomfortable being here. ”Thank you again, Hiro. In the future if you need help with something please don’t hesitate to reach out to me, I owe you one.” She paused. ”And, uh, sorry if you had to see some things you didn’t want to see.” Like all of her violence and bloodshed.
Hiro Kouen

Character Info
Hiro took a sip of his drink, looked over toward Cassandra, then saw an attractive woman just . . .  zoom up next to her with super speed.  He couldn't trace the movements with his eyes.  He nearly choked on his drink, it surprised him.  Was that the Goddess?  Who else could be that fast, than the woman who trained Cassandra and gave her blood that let her shift at will?  Once he choked down his drink, he started to actually pay attention to what was going on.  It seemed that the woman was about to admonish Cassaandra for what was going on, but instead, gave her the highest form of praise, and decided to bring out the "good stuff," the finest alcohol they had.

Cassandra then brought her over, and introduced her as indeed the Goddess Serafina.  Hiro rushed to his feet and bowed, somewhat nervously.  "It's a pleasure to meet you, Lady Serafina."  His father always to be polite to elders and deities, ironic though, that he met his death through a deity.  He turned his attention back to Cassandra.  "You're welcome, Cassandra.  I felt like I was doing the right thing, having overheard the story.  And thank you, I'll be sure not to forget that."

She also apologized that he had to see a lot of violence and bloodshed he wasn't ready for.

"Yeah . . . I don't think I was ready to see people being . . . eaten alive tonight.  Usually I'm able to stomach the usual violence, but something about what I saw tonight, ya know?  I'm not not used to, say, werewolves and the like."  He never hung out with any werewolves or vampires before.  This wasn't his usual place to hang out, or the usual crowd he hung out with.

Serafina
Deity

Character Info
Name: Serafina Volkov
Alignment: CE
Class: Goddess / Female Alpha
Silver: 10153
Even with as much as she cared for Cassandra, which was a lot more than she usually let on, it was fun for Serafina to make her just a little scared at first. After all, she had a reputation to uphold! She listened with a grin on her face as Cassandra gave her a short retelling of what had happened. When it seemed that Cassandra had remembered the fellow at the bar, the one that Serafina had caught Cassandra’s scent on when she had come downstairs.

Serafina followed her over to the bar, and as Cassandra introduced her, she remembered just how much she appreciated that Cassandra had listened to her about not over-using honorifics. The way she was introduced to Hiro was just the way she had hoped someone she was close to would introduce her. She waved her hand briskly as he bowed. ”Oh, please, Serafina is fine,” she said, with a relaxed grin on her face. ”Any friend of Cassandra’s is a friend of mine,” she said, broadening her grin just a bit further.

She fell silent as the pair conversed, Cassandra offering Hiro a bit of compassion about the violence he had witnessed. Serafina was so desensitized to violence in any capacity that she sometimes forgot humans and non-immortals usually found it offputting, and even when she did remember, it was usually because she was trying to use it to her advantage to scare them. Her mind drifted back to Cassandra, and just how proud she was of how well the woman was handling herself these days. She had come a long way from the scared and dying, freshly bitten girl that Serafina had found, and had become a strong and powerful woman, werewolf as well.

A thought crossed Serafina’s mind. Would Nemesis grant her his blessing to create another vaewolf? This would be a bit different than the last time, the time she had created one without his blessing. Xerxez had been done out of spite, and Serafina had fallen in love with him as a result of their bond. He had left, come back (albeit briefly) and turned her world upside down once more, and made himself scarce once more. Serafina was beginning to grow tired of her emotions being toyed with. Perhaps it was time for her to release Xerxez from the bond she held, and create a new and different bond with Cassandra? She made a mental note to herself to speak with Nemesis before talking with Cassandra about it. She had a feeling Cassandra would be thrilled to accept, but there was always the chance that she would shy away from the idea. Either way, Serafina wanted to be able to proceed without any obstacles should she accept.

”Well, Hiro, just know that as a token of gratitude for your assistance to Cassandra, you will hold a place of esteem when you visit the Second Circle. Never will you pay for another drink, nor will you pay for time with one of our girls, should that suit you,” she said. ”I also want to stress that you have gained my favor, and if you should need my assistance, within reason, you can certainly request it. Simply speak with Jasuin, or even Cassandra, and they can connect you with me,” she said, motioning to Jasuin behind the bar as she spoke.

”I know the clientele here tonight is… a bit raucous. However, ask Cassandra, that’s not usually how it is – no, that only happens when someone hangs a severed head on the wall,” she said, clapping her hand on Cassandra’s shoulder with a grin and squeezing. ”I’ve taught you so well!” she said. ”Now, I’ve to fetch a drink for myself,” she said. She leaned over and kissed Cassandra on the cheek, and did the same to Hiro. ”If you’d care to join me, I’ll be at the bar,” she added with a grin. If the pair wanted to continue their conversation alone, she was not going to butt in – but if they wanted to include her, they could certainly join her at the bar. Either way, Cassandra had made Serafina proud, and Hiro had gained the favor of the Goddess of Death and Debauchery, whether he wanted it or not.

Serafina is The Infernal Queen, or The Temptress

Serafina's God Rules/Abilities
I. Serafina can manipulate anyone into telling her what they wish to indulge in above all else.
II. Serafina can summon the souls of the damned from Inferos to do her bidding in the mortal plane.
III. Serafina can alter the mood in a room or area and cause any of its non-divine inhabitants to begin acting in over indulgent, lush, or incredibly violent behavior.
Cassandra

Character Info
Cassandra was happy when Serafina accepted Hiro as a friend, not that she was too worried about it. Cassandra apologized for the violence that Hiro had had to witness by Cassandra’s doing, perhaps she had gone a little overboard, but, she wasn’t about to apologize for the violence itself. Just that he had to see it when it clearly had made him uncomfortable. ”Trust me, it wasn’t exactly easy to get used to… doing such things either, when it first happened. Two men tried to assault me when I was hunting one evening, they were my first kills after turning, I lost myself in the lust for the hunt.” She stopped there not wanting to go into further details with Hiro as that could only make him more uncomfortable.

Serafina continued the conversation by saying that Hiro would be welcome anytime and would not have to pay for his drinks either. Not only that but he could have his choice of upstairs workers and that would also be free for him, should he be interested in such things. Cassandra smiled when Serafina clapped her shoulder and kissed her cheek before she went to get herself a drink. Cass looked back to Hiro. ”Please feel free to stay as long as you like, and if you want to take Serafina’s offer of some company upstairs, I know the workers well, I can help you find one that would suit you best.” Cassandra’s tone was rather casual, like it was a conversation she had many times before, and she had, since part of her job was put client and worker together in the rooms.
Hiro Kouen

Character Info
Serafina insisted to Hiro that to call just call her by her name, no honorifics like "Ma'am" or "Lady" required.  Hiro looked shocked when not only was he considered a friend, he could get free drinks and "service" from this establishment, a place of esteem.  Even more so, he gained the Goddess's favor.  His jaw dropped briefly before he closed it and gained his composure again.  That's not something given lightly, Hiro thought to himself.  Considering that he helped Cassandra, and how close Serafina and Cassandra likely were, this wasn't something a Goddess would freely give to just any regular Joe.

"T-thank you, La– err Serafina.  I appreciate it, very much so.  I'm just shocked.  I did what I did because I felt it was the right thing to do.  And I wasn't expecting you to be so incredibly nice and generous, Serafina.  Thank you, Cassandra and Serafina both," he managed to say, once he was composed.  The conversation with Cassandra took a dip toward somewhat depressing topics.  He smacked the sides of his face, as if waking himself up, or snapping himself out of a funk.  "You know, I'd been depressed for a long time.  I lost my parents who I loved very dearly.  My father was a former deity in another world, a fire being, and a legendary. My mother was a reformed fire demon who became a fire elemental.  They were both lost during that Seven Deadly Sins curse thing that was going on a while back.  You know what my mother's name was?  Seraphina with a 'P-H' instead of an 'F.'  Maybe this is a sign.  I accept your offer, Serafina.  I'm tired of being tired and depressed, and you found a way to get some kind of closure to what happened to you.  Casssandra, shall we drink and be merry tonight?"  Hiro looked at the drink that he sat down on a table at one point, picked it up, and downed it.  He led Cassandra to the bar.

"Let's party!  I'll have some of that whiskey, please!"