Roleplay Forums > Temples > Elysia, Gardens of Devotion > Champion and Goddess [GO] [R]
Serci

Character Info
Name: Serci
Alignment: LN
Race: Human
Class: Merc
Silver: 3146

The sky above Eylsia was a brilliant blue today with a clear overcast. The sun shined brightly without small tufts off clouds to dot the endless sky. It’s warm rays cast down upon Angela’s personal garden that few had access to. The birds were singing in a peaceful harmony as the wind gently breezed against the walls that enclosed the garden from the rest of temple. Small areas of tilled brown soil were dotted in sections across the emerald green grass of the garden, each section a different food, a different flower. A patch of vibrant red hair was buried in a section of trellises that grew plump cherry red tomatoes.

Serci quietly emerged from one of wings and into the garden as he made his way to the section where Angela was busy picking ripe tomatoes. The sun’s rays danced off his grey robes and refractured off his long golden hair that was neatly brushed so it lay strait. A benolevent smile was painted on his face as he quietly made his way behind Angela. Two feminine hands lightly cusped Angela’s hand as she reached to pluck another tomato. Whether he started her, he didn’t know, but merely, leaned to one side so she could see who had intruded on her. His hands softly guided her hands down as Serci made his way beside her and reached for the Tomato. He plucked it with a tender hand, rubbing against his satchel and admiring the sheene that was cast off of it. He placed it in the basket that lay on the ground that was full of colorful squash, peas and tomatoes.

“Seeing your gardens always brings me back to the golden wheat fields where I pledged my loyalty to you.” He said with an easy gentle laugh. “How much have things changed from back then.” He stated, feeling around for ripe tomatoes. “It’s all incomperapable to what’s to come, I’m sure.” With an easy gesture, Serci pulled a tomato from its vine that trailed up the trellis. He paused to turn towards Angela and gave a comforting smile. If he was being truthful, Serci felt uneasy for what the future held. With Miranda taking the position of Reapers hand, he now had a rival he was anticipating since the goddess of death had mentioned her interest in picking up a champion. And with Xunatar’s fall and rise of Nemesis, the dark kaiser, Serci’s thoughts had been heavy and weighing on his conscience for some time now.

However, Serci found comfort in his goddess’s gardens. The work may seem tedious, however, the repetitive motions soothed Serci’s nerves and allowed time for to think through his emotions. After all that has happened in the past few years, Serci began to feel neglectful to Angela. His duties usually brought out of the temple, and while he was in Eylisa, he was resting or writing letters to ally’s. But the dutiful champion would always find time for his goddess, after all, he had direct link to her. He knew where she was without asking by following an imaginary push and pull on his body to her personal gardens. “It has been some time since I saw you last, my goddess.” Angela vibrant red hair sparkled in the sunlight, her beauty highlighted by the sun’s lighting.

“Forgive my absences, my lady.” He apologized, as he picked another tomato from the trellis and held it out for Angela to inspect. “In my travels I’ve neglected to visit often. How have you been, Angela?”
Angela Rose
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
Name: Angela Rose-Volkov
Alignment: CG
Race: Rosenite
Class: Goddess/Herbalist/Advisor
Silver: 17895
The champion’s presence did not go unnoticed by the goddess. Noticing him was as easy as breathing air for her especially since he carried a part of her. Green eyes latched onto Serci’s feminine form but she did not speak up at first. Her hand was in his and she could tell just by the skin that he worked with his hands. That was a mortal’s telling even though Angela’s hands were soft she too was a worker. There was a chuckle that left her lips as he picked it for her and a shake her head. “The Awakening Gardens were much easier to maintain than Elysia.” She gave him a smirk.

The red-haired goddess moved to pluck more tomatoes from the trellis as she listened thoughtfully to Serci. “I do wish you wouldn’t be so formal with me Serci.” The healer smirked towards him and shrugged. “A few days feels like seconds to me and a few years? Maybe a few days. It’s been a long time since I measured time the same way you do.” Her eyes looked mischievous. “I keep myself busy enough as not to really notice I suppose.” She gave a pause and laughed. “Not that I don’t miss your company. I am merely saying you don’t need to worry about constantly being around me. If I truly need you… You’ll know. Be it for company or other things.” Though it wasn’t often the goddess found herself feeling lonely. There was a snort as she gripped a tomato too hard and squished it. “Damnit…” She laughed though and turned towards him. “Just don’t let Drae think its for anything other than friendship.” It was clearly a joke that made her amused as it had been enough for her to lose concentration and crush the tomato. She pulled the tomato up and it appeared to pull itself back together. “Our little secret.” She winked at Serci before stowing it in the basket.

Angela took the fruit from him and inspected it. “I’ve been working hard to make sure that these were absolutely perfect. Can’t have my temple staff or my family having anything less.” It amused her once more and she shrugged it off. “I’ve been well enough my dear. Like I said, I don’t tend to measure time like you people do.” It was a funny little jab at mortals but she winked again. “‘However, I feel like somehow something is bothering you my dear. Not that I don’t love our chitchat.” She picked one of the last few off the trellis in one little swoop. It was an incredible feat if one didn’t know the goddess that well. The tomatoes rolled off her arm and delicately into the basket. “Next.”

There was another basket along side a black berry bush and it looked like it was in full season as she squatted on the ground in the least ladylike way and began to pick. “Gardening is the only time where I feel like I might actually be a loser.” She smirked and looked up at him. “Do you know why?”

She moved the bush softly so she could show him some fruit that had gone bad. “Because I don’t use my magic to ripen or keep them whole. So if I am not diligent enough I end up losing a lot of fruit and vegetables. Makes me feel mortal.” She got the rotten fruit off the plant and tossed them. It looked like the birds had no issue with them as she did as they swooped in and pecked at them.

OOC: Brittlez the lovable Head Admin and Server Mom
IC: Angela is The Weaver of Life and Love.
Angela's 3 God Rules
1. Angela can create a garden of protection and healing around her on command.
2. Angela has supreme control over her domains and can trump the efforts of all others.
3. Angela can bestow her blessing upon the earth, accelerating the growth and vitality of all life present.