Roleplay Forums > Temples > Elysia, Gardens of Devotion > inside my heart is breaking [go]
Moliira

Character Info
Name: Moliira
Alignment: CN
Race: Drow/Lycan
Class: Huntress
Silver: 1905
Her paranoia had kept her from this visit for long enough, and Moliira knew there was a touch of hesitation as well.  How would Angela react?  The drow had no idea, but there was still a warning that had to be given.  Her travels had reassured her that the horror she had seen would not come to pass in this world, as least not any time soon.  But those who still guarded the world and its people needed to know what lay beyond their skies.  She closed her eyes, cleared her mind, and thought of the Goddess who had once been an equal, and a friend.

The pitch-black of the Soulstream was warm and reassuring, and made her thing of the few bright days she had experienced as a child.  But those days were long passed, and Moliira soon found herself on a beach.  It was late dusk, her favorite time of day.  She pulled off her boots, enjoying the warmth of the seaglass under her feet.  A part of her did not want to leave the beach, but Moliira had business to accomplish.  But then the silver torches caught her eye, and she wandered towards them.  Then the flames appeared, and the phoenixes began to show themselves.  The drow had only seen such creatures from quite far away, and her attention was caught.  Perhaps she could stay here for awhile, it was safe.

Angela Rose
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
Name: Angela Rose-Volkov
Alignment: CG
Race: Rosenite
Class: Goddess/Herbalist/Advisor
Silver: 17895
There was something about predictability that made the goddess rather nervous. She flicked a quill in between her fingers as she stared down at a patient log book. The feeling of a being passing into her realm did not go unnoticed. However, who it was made her hesitant. She already knew what was coming. She knew what the conversation would be. The Goddess had called a conclave on it but that did not mean she was ready for the words to come from Moliira. Nor was she ready to see her old friend. A friend that had helped bring her from the darkness.

As if a stroke of bad luck the quill fell from her fingertips and pooled ink onto the patient log. A sigh left her lips as she snapped her finger letting the page clean itself. That had snapped her back into the reality she needed to be in. She was an elder goddess of the conclave. She needed to be responsible and answer this beck and call from a dear old friend. Regret would find the depths of her bone and shiver her core if she did not… Even a goddess like Angela could not shake those feelings for long.

Pushing herself up she made her way out of her study. Angela and Moliira hardly ever changed in the long time that they had been friends. They had been Triune together and had been inside each other’s thoughts. They knew each other well and so it was with that thought that Angela pondered if Moliira knew how nervous the Rosenite was. Did she understand the words that were going to come from her mouth? Did she know the consequences that would unfold on the world? That last part she knew had to have already been answered.

It was a long walk from the palace down to the beach where Moliira stood. She did not look well nor did Angela sense much health to the bones of the drow. “You need to take better care of yourself Moliira. If Krystopher saw this and knew about it he would have lectured her from here to DaeLuin and back.” The goddess crossed her arms and watched the woman from afar before she made her approach.

“I know why it is that you’ve sought me out, dear Sister. Word spreads fast when speaking to the Rose Family. Krystopher has found himself in the bed of my niece and she was concerned with the news that he had brought her of you… She asked me for guidance on it. I had quite a bit of surprise when I learned of your arrival but when you did not come to me I knew that it must be hard. The troubles that you must have been through that is. So I have waited for your arrival since the news first spread to me.”

Angela opened her arms and hugged the drow close to her. “You gave us all quite a good scare… I remember once upon a time when it was you lecturing me about my life status… and here I am returning the favor so many centuries later.”

OOC: Brittlez the lovable Head Admin and Server Mom
IC: Angela is The Weaver of Life and Love.
Angela's 3 God Rules
1. Angela can create a garden of protection and healing around her on command.
2. Angela has supreme control over her domains and can trump the efforts of all others.
3. Angela can bestow her blessing upon the earth, accelerating the growth and vitality of all life present.
Moliira

Character Info
Name: Moliira
Alignment: CN
Race: Drow/Lycan
Class: Huntress
Silver: 1905
The elder goddess' body language spoke volumes, but all Moliira could do was offer a weary smile to her old friend.  "I've already seen him, and I hid… what he did not need to know.  He will be fine," she said with a soft, sad smile.  She dearly missed Krystopher, but she had told him to move on.  It was deeply painful for her, but that had been much of her life.  She returned the hug, and the smile brightened a little.  "Well, it turns out that I was not prepared for other worlds beyond our own.  And powers stranger as well.  Though I should have suspected that to be the case.  I am old enough," she said with a chuckle.  Centuries of experience had taught her much, but there were still topics she had difficulty approaching.  How to explain what she had seen, and why she had taken so long to visit… there was no easy way to head into that conversation.  The drow decided to leave it for the time being.

"I found my boys already, they are doing well.  But I had no doubt they would.  It's strange to… not be needed by anyone now,
" Moliira said.  There was calm in her words, but her shoulders had dropped.  Her own body language was finally showing signs of her mental state.  It was a very difficult thing for her to admit, but Angela would understand.  It was the first time the drow had found herself without a purpose, without a mate to help, her boys to guide, followers to aid and nurture.  She felt well and truly lost.  She had told Krys that she would be fine, mostly so that he would not worry, so that he could get on with his life.

Staring across the ocean, Moliira gathered her words.  Perhaps it was better to just explain it straight out.  "The thing that called me away from here, the Wild Hunt.  It was a gathering of nature deities from other worlds as well.  We were called to fight an abomination, one that sought to drain the life from world after world.  We tracked it across worlds, sometimes we chased the thing away before it could drain the world, but other times not.  We finally got ahead of it, and made a stand.  Humans have a saying, war is hell.  And that is true.  It drained some of us, killing some of the others instantly.  Others, like myself, we were only weakened, drained of our divinity.  But the sacrifice was worth it… I think.  I was fortunate.  I was able to return home.  But at a cost… I think you can tell, Angela.  I'm not sure how much time I have left.  Facing mortality after centuries, it is not an easy thing," she finished with a deep sigh.  There it was, she had finally said it out loud.  The thought of dying was a strange one to Moliira, and she still had yet to find a proper reaction to that realization.