Hint: Hover over a field name if you want to know what it's for.

Author: WolfRaider13, Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:23 AM, Post Subject: Here Kitty, Kitty [O/R]

Jasmine sighed to herself before standing. "I thank you for your assistance with the new lead, Steward. I hope I haven't taken up to much of your time." Turning towards the indicated door she petted, Myst's head as they trudged towards it and murmured to her ever faithful companion, "looks like it's still just you and me girl." Myst gave a mournful squawk in reply as they passed through the door, and she replied indignantly, "I have not forgotten how to talk to people and talking to you does not make me look crazy. I'm just lonely. " Just before the door closed a louder squawk came before a murmured reply. 

Author: Shiloh Kyrie, Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:29 AM, Post Subject: Here Kitty, Kitty [O/R]

"Oh, those are my staff. They're automatons, like golems but more sophisticated. They help me with work around the Machinarium. Sometimes I feel like putting on a different face, for a change of perspective. After all it's not like I'm expecting visitors every day." Shiloh answered frankly. To the next question she leaned on her elbow. "Boredom is something I've had a distinct lack of ever since I was given my position. It might not look like it, but I have a mountain of work waiting for me–intending to swallow me whole. There are orders waiting, routine maintenance to be made, and probably a mess of things still in a backlog somewhere. I'm sure you've realized I've made my workplace in the middle of Railoch on purpose." Even if Jasmine didn't understand it was fine. She liked her privacy and didn't think much on what others thought.

Looking over the signed contract, she checked that everything was in order and rolled the parchment. Tucking it away, she stood up and moved the inkwell. "Oh, seeing as you took the long way here–once you leave through the doors there's a small stone obelisk outside. You can use that to arrive at any major city. But it's a one-way trip so choose wisely. I figured I'd save you the trip back out in the rain." Cleaning up the table and putting everything else away, Shiloh felt a small sense of relief. This had been a slightly less troublesome visit. It could've been worse, with more convoluted and vague demands. Everything had been handled and dealt with cleanly and simply, just like she wanted.

Author: WolfRaider13, Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:49 AM, Post Subject: Here Kitty, Kitty [O/R]

A real lead for, Cheetah. She signed where told and listened while the steward told her of the potential of other cheetah shifters. She felt Cheetah's claws kneed her mind gently an indication she was as well "I thank you for your help, umm, Steward. Another quick question or two if I may?"  Screwing her courage to the sticking point, she hoped, she continued, "first what are the things walking around? And that you are trying to imitate? And second if you're bored wanna come with? I can't promise a good time or a grand adventure but don't you get bored staying here waiting to see who makes it through that freaking storm?" Now Cheetah's claws were dug firmly into her mind and she could feel, Vamp staring openmouthed from another corner of her mind. But eff it, either the Steward will come with or she will get thrown back out into the storm or there is always that possibility of that lightening bolt through the heart thing. Either way nobody ever said that she wasn't bold. 

Author: Shiloh Kyrie, Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:41 AM, Post Subject: Here Kitty, Kitty [O/R]

"Jasmine, age approximately twenty years of age. Vampiric heritage with additional shapeshifting abilities." Tapping the table with the quill Shiloh mulled over the information. "Shapeshifting is not uncommon among vampires, however from what you're telling me it sounds more akin to therianthropy. It's a fancy blanket term for humanoid beings that can shapeshift into into beasts. Quite unusual to have both bloodlines so strong. Then again what do I know? The world is wide, with time you see lots of strange things. Just when you think you've seen it all you meet something new." Taking the quill, she dipped in an inkwell she pulled out from beneath the table. Drawing up a brief contract, she then proceeded to leave a few blank spaces in the text. 

"Material goods come and go, sometimes the most valuable things can't be valued with silver. For this sort of request, I'll give you a discount. Just giving your name and bloodline is more than enough. Now I'll need you to sign here, and here to confirm that we've agreed to exchange information. You have given me something important to you, now I will hold up my end of their bargain. Allow me to give you what I know to the best of my ability." Moving aside the written contract and quill, she took out a map of the known world. "Vampires are common place, so we won't be able to trace from there. However cheetahs are common in only a few places. One particular place is just north of here, the Haza Savanna. I've heard that the savanna is home to a few tribes who can shapeshift, however the cheetah isn't one of their tribal animals. But like I've said before, the world is wide. Shapeshifters are varied as well."

After pointing out the general path from Antikythera to the savanna, she concluded with a few more words. "This is the most that I can do for you. As a principle, I don't make promises that I can't keep. Since I cannot give you a clear and absolute answer, I cannot charge you anything beyond your means. Luck, is not like what everybody thinks. Good things do not magically happen or appear out of thin air. When something happens, there is a reason and a purpose. Everything is connected. That said, as the phrase goes–'best of luck to you', Jasmine."  

Author: WolfRaider13, Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:30 AM, Post Subject: Here Kitty, Kitty [O/R]

Well shite. Jasmine thought to herself. She'd been had. Making a mental note to herself to revisit that last tavern and sharpen her claws on a few of the patrons she stood and walked over to where the steward sat not feeling comfortable sitting next to the metal thing she sat on a bench close to it. Glancing at the contraption she cleared her throat again, dry in this temple.  My name is Jasmine. I think I'm around 20 or so years old. And much to the annoyance of my best friend, Myst, there. Here she nodded towards her eagle companion.  I am a shape shifter into a cheetah specifically. I am also a vampire. But I'm pretty sure I've figured out the vampire part. Just not where the cheetah came from. I also have a cool half shift form and not cool half shift form. And I just want to find other cheetahs like me. As far as payment goes… umm I have some jade. And a dagger and a bow. Other than that.  Here she shrugged and looked at the steward/ goddess expectantly. 

Author: Shiloh Kyrie, Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:33 AM, Post Subject: Here Kitty, Kitty [O/R]

"Hold it right there, if you want to talk then let's start by not bowing and scraping. I am the Steward, and no one else. You're here because you want something from me, so let's discuss details." Shiloh took a seat on one of the benches and summoned a folding table she used for convenience. This was going to be quite a session looking at the attitude she was being given right out of the gate. Leaning back she crossed her arms. "So from what you're telling me, you want to find others like you? I can tell you right now I have no idea if there are others of your kind, but if you give me a little information about yourself I might be able to come up with something." Taking out a piece of clean parchment, she rolled it out on the table and set a quill beside it. The automaton attendant left with the used towels, and Shiloh briefly glanced in the direction they left. 

"What price are you willing to pay for the information you seek?" She then said, awaiting the visitor's reply. She should probably start slow for the guest. Most people didn't come in prepared to make a deal. Silently she cursed the false expectations and assumptions people of this world had for the deities. This was exactly why she disliked having people know who she was. Being a deity was just a temporary title anyway. "Get up, sit. Then we'll talk business." Seeing other people kneel before her made her feel uncomfortable. Bowing and kneeling was only a formality. Real respect could still be given without the bells and whistles of etiquette. 

By now she was halfway done assessing what possible contracts she could draw up, and was waiting for the other's input. The goddess of Storms and Fortune was a practical, no-nonsense person. Acting high and mighty was one of the many things that rubbed her the wrong way, so she didn't let herself do the same thing either. This was what she wanted people to understand in full. Maybe then people would start approaching her a bit more honestly and drop the ceremony. Even so her pessimism told her otherwise. Societal influence and base natures were hard to change.

Author: WolfRaider13, Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:23 PM, Post Subject: Here Kitty, Kitty [O/R]

SCREECH!!!!!! Hearing Myst's startled and decidedly unhappy swearing Jasmine looked up to see a human looking thing coming towards them carrying towels. the towels were welcome but what the freaking heck was that thing it definitely didn't smell human. And Myst was not happy either so it wasn't animal. But being as it was in a goddess' temple and bringing her freaking towels she probably shouldn't attack it no matter what Cheetah was yowling for her to do in the back of her mind. Sometimes having three minds about things was hard. At least Vamp was taking a wait and see approach, then again no heat signature from it. Jasmine took the towels from the thing gingerly still keeping an eye on it. As she dried Myst off she saw a second thing approaching this one armored and metal. Wait this one was different, hello heat signature. Guess she found the goddess or the goddess found her either way. She finished drying herself hurriedly then placed the towels neatly to the side and approached the armored thing. Clearing her throat nervously she went to one knee before speaking My, Lady?  clearing her throat again she tried again. I have heard you can change the fortunes of people. Change lucky people into unlucky people, change unlucky people into lucky people. I've never been one to believe in luck before but I've searched for so long and I've tried everything else. Now She looked up to meet the things eyes to show the tears shining in her eyes. Please I have been unlucky in finding where I come from. I have never even met another being close to what I am. Can you help me? Pausing she waited to see what the goddess would say if anything. In the back of her mind she felt Cheetah and Vamp holding their collective breaths, for what she couldn't say she just hoped it wasn't a bolt of lightening through her heart.

Author: Shiloh Kyrie, Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:53 PM, Post Subject: Here Kitty, Kitty [O/R]

Shiloh was not a people person, something that many failed to notice all too often. As in, she really wouldn't mind if nobody visited her temple, ever. Naturally she situated her place in one of the most inaccessible areas possible while throwing as many irritating obstacles to discourage people from coming unless they absolutely wanted to. Also outside was a sign informing visitors that regardless of what happened, by entering they were waiving their right to sue for any damages to their body or psyche by intruding on her privacy. So as soon as somebody came in, she would know immediately. Someone had triggered the button in the entry hall, and this time she was paying attention to notice. Pushing a button on a communication device she spoke. "Could somebody run down and get them some dry towels? I'll be there shortly." 

Now Shiloh's least favorite part–meeting people. One of the attendants entered the hall where the woman sat, boots clicking against the marble floor. Dressed neatly and impeccably, the automaton looked very much like a human with its mechanical joints nicely covered up by clothing. The female automaton gave a polite bow as she introduced her presence and handed the visitor some fresh towels. "Greetings and welcome to the Machinarium. May I ask what particular inquiry you have today regarding the Steward? We typically record the responses of our visitors to see what reasons are the most common." Shiloh meanwhile was on her way and had put on her go-to disguise as one of her myrmidons. Appearing like an armored metal golem, the deity strode into the Marble Corridor and heard the attendant was already addressing their unexpected guest.

What would it be this time? Somebody asking for something predictable and vague like riches, good fortune, or 'luck'? Or would it be another example of people begging her to bless them with financial prosperity? She hated those the most, because of how ignorant those requests were. If she magically made everybody and their mother rich then inflation would skyrocket to unprecedented levels, and the standard of living would plummet for those already barely making ends meet. Most people typically had no idea what they really wanted, and just thought fortune meant living an easy life with no troubles. And unfortunately, this wouldn't be changing any time soon.

"Now let's see what it'll be today…" Shiloh muttered to herself through a distorted voice. Her disguises were all encompassing, from her scent to her voice. How else would she be able to go outside if she was recognized immediately? The less people who knew her true face, the better.

Author: WolfRaider13, Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:21 PM, Post Subject: Here Kitty, Kitty [O/R]

[OOC My first try at high fantasy. I'm not really sure what I'm doing here yet but I worked out how I want my char to meet you so there's that…]
She had heard from one of the many taverns in her travels there was a new goddess. A goddess that perhaps was not as worn down by time and people begging for answers to questions they didn't really didn't want answered. What the people she had talked to had failed to mention was the goddess' temple was really freaking hard to get to. The long trek to the middle of nowhere was no problem once she figured out which middle of nowhere to go to, always fun, freaking goddess and their freaking privacy. Two months on foot walking from one place to another looking for a stormy mountain to pop up, but she wasn't bitter about that, nope not at all, not her. Nope what had her and her Cheetah furious was all the RAIN. And not just any old rain but a torrential downpour. She even wished she was back on the mountain where she had slipped and almost died a couple times rather than trekking on this goddess forsaken path with its freaking rain. Raising her hand to shield her eyes she could just barely make out, Myst, circling overhead but she clearly heard the unhappy screech from her only friend. I know we're not happy about all the rain either. But if you land on any of these things I have a feeling I'd be having fried eagle for dinner tonight and while, Cheetah, would be momentarily happy in the end we'd all miss you. So quit your bitchin' and suck it up. Her irritated voice made her slight accent clearer. She finally made it to the entrance of the temple marked by a large white door, fancy, but there was no obvious way for her to enter. Taking a second to ponder how to open to door she attempted to wipe the worse of the water off her baggy brown trousers and light blue tunic then pulling her worn green cloak back up to cover her head, not that it did much, she shook it off too trying to look as presentable as possible considering. Looking to the side she finally saw the sign, oh, huh ok. Myst, come on. She waited just long enough for the big baby to land beside her and look at her then together they stepped forward and the door slid soundlessly to the sides, cool. I may like this goddess.
Stepping inside she yowled from the brightness after the gloom of the outside, freaking gods and goddesses and their shows of power do they have to blind a body right when they come in? She heard a barely perceptible click and looking behind her saw the door had closed behind her, well so much for leaving by the front door. After her sensitive eyes had adjusted to the brightness she continued forward, Myst, walking beside her. Stopping in front of a podium at the far end she saw a button just begging to be pressed but she paused as she thought about her attire again giving her cloak a final shake to get more of the water off she pressed the button and almost clawed the damned podium when it started talking. She interrupted its spiel nervously, umm, yes, hello, I was wanting to speak with the goddess? I've heard she can change the fortune of others?  So umm yes I was umm wanting to yes that please? Turning from the podium she sat cross-legged to wait for however long it took for the goddess to respond to her plea for help. Myst stood guard beside her as usual resting her heard on her shoulder at the ready to protect, defend or just exist.