Out-Of-Character Forums > The Tavern Hall > User Event Discussions > Between The Lines
Nonsense

Character Info
Name: Kenny
Alignment: CE
Race: White Rabbit
Class: Bastard Narrator
Silver: 100

Revaliir, a realm teeming with quaint folklore and curious mythology, where divine deities walk beside mortal man and vicious beast roam the wilds. A land where history is entirely malleable abiding to a state of continuous ebb and effect. Sometimes the most wonderful stories come about through the mundane chance of being in the right place, at the right time. There are epics you don’t hear in the lofty chorus of a bards song, or diligently scribed onto papyrus and the worn pages of an archivist tome. These tales speak of the common folk and uncanny occurrences that happen all throughout the ancient land, and you may never hear about them; yet some of these you’ll speak of for having been there yourself. A quiet story before the dull glow of a familiar and warm fire to ease the regret of a long days weariness. This is what happens between the lines of your blank pages, these are your stories to tell.

Hello, one and all! I’ve been wanting to do something like this for a little bit now, but haven’t had the outlet for it I guess you could say. So welcome to Between The Lines. Think of these as short stories of Revaliir or Side Quest even. I’ll go ahead and jump right into it, and explain how all this works, basically these adventures will be run in the manner of a table top game as far as story telling goes. I’ll post from a Dungeon Master account “Nonsense” to open the stories and progress once people have signed up. Once a story is finished, it might be reposted if people want to see it again on different characters or some people didn’t get to do it the first go around, and new ones will take the place of old ones. A constantly changing cycle of different stories for people to Roleplay through and enjoy!

Now what sort of event doesn’t have juicy rewards? Not mine, I’ll tell you that much! At the end of each story, each person taking part in it will receive a base 500 Silver! That’s like a whole wishing well in one go! In addition to that, a bonus to be divided up and handed out based on what the Nonsense account makes through posting, and in addition to that a number of synth items will be divided up and sent out to each person! Wow, sounds like a sweet deal! Well that’s because it is, through the grace of Brittlez this project lives on, and will hopefully live on for a very long time!

Okay, while this isn’t a catch there are a few rules to keep in mind, which I’ll go over below!
  1. By joining one of these stories you understand your character will be godmoded on occasion. In no way will they die, but injury is possible as well as a number of other things.  
  2. Do not argue with the Dungeon Master, I don’t do things to be mean, but I will not be nagged at because something happened that you didn’t like. My goal is to create a new way to interact with Revaliir, and give your characters different routes to develop.  
  3. You can not replay the same story on the same character. It just doesn’t make sense to me, now if you want to do it on an alt or different character, then by all means have at it.  
  4. Will add more as I think of them.

The Thunder Rolls
It’s been five days since the torrential storm rolled over the city of Iria, and that’s where it’s stayed. The sky remains overcast and black regardless of the time of day, thunder and lightning split the sky asunder and shake the city all the while a wrathful rain pours from the clouds, threatening to flood the city through sheer persistence alone. The mages of the academy seem unable to move or stop the storm, in their own words it’s something unnatural, not forged of common magic, but rather something more primal and driven. Who could be the cause of such a storm, and the better question, why?As panic slowly begins to settle into the people of the city, they all become more desperate to discover the cause of the storm, and hopefully stop it somehow before their respected and vast city is buried under the depths of what seems like a ceaseless storm. May the gods send aid in some form, because Iria does not have many days ahead of it should this continue. 

The First Castle
Revaliir is a vast land, teeming with nooks and crannies and all sorts of other hidden gems, yet not all of these remain on the ground. An explorer named Ran came across a small clearing within the Koschei Forest, and settled into the back of this clearing he discovered a hexagon of worn and aged stone. Glyphs and runes from various languages of magic and ruin were etched into it’s smooth surface, and It wasn’t until the moonlight crept across the curious stone that the language jumped to life. Pulsing flourishes of expressive magic and light glided around the hexagon, and when Ran stepped onto it for a closer look; he was whisked away. He returned to tell his tale, and find those stronger than him to help chart the ancient fortress. He described a beautiful, ruinous castle drifting through the clouds, and terrible monsters and puzzles that stood as sentinel like guards across it’s sprawling grounds. Where the castle came from is anyone’s guess, maybe it’s always been there and only recently discovered. Will you ascend to it’s lofty towers and find out for yourself?

The Bibliomancers Plight
The curious story, of a story within a story. Vagrants and travelers passing through the bustling kingdom of Adeluna have begun to share something of a new folklore, passed on through quiet talks and hushed whispers. They tell of a mad goddess, or sometimes she’s a fairy that pulls people away from their lives and business, maybe she’s not something so mundane but perhaps a demi urge for adventure given form? The story they tell changes from each person who shares it, but one thing is common between the tales. Something is stealing people from the streets, or homes, anywhere. Taking them to live out fairytales in another world, stories that parents would tell their children before bed come to life in beautifully terrifying ways. Walking through the Kingdom, you can almost feel like something is watching you, the hairs on your neck stand on end. Could she be coming for you next? 

The Thunder Rolls - 1/2
1. Leon
2. Open

The First Castle - 1/2
1. Serci 
2.Open

The Bibliomancers Plight -
2/2
1. Firesong
2. Jesgil

Once all slots are filled for a story, the story will begin! 

5/25 Update: On the first day, Bibliomancer filled both slots, I wasn't expecting these slots to fill out this quickly. To Firesong and Jesgil, I will have the introduction thread up within a few days!