Out-Of-Character Forums > The Tavern Hall > Roleplay Discussions > Down for whatever
Gorou

Character Info
Name: Gorou Kuromiya
Alignment: LN
Race: Yōkai
Class: Swordsman
Silver: 90
Looking for some threads for my new charrie Gorou, a swordsman/blacksmith demon from Ataiyo or his daughter Junko, an assassin. Am good for any sort of thread, so let me know. :)

Mammonn

Character Info
Name: Girshu
Alignment: LE
Race: Frost Salamander
Class: cryomancer
Silver: 3176
Hi Gorou, Mammon here.

I'm down for any sort of thread too, with Girshu, Sir Isaac or the Narrator. But, to pitch an idea that either of your characters or both would link in well with:

Girshu has been in the centre of some turmoil recently, which resulted in the destruction of an entire village in Ataiyo as collateral. The other parties involved in the matter are either dead or too hard to trace considering their flight and planeshifting, leaving Girshu as one of the few that can be found. Even though he isn't responsible for the whole ordeal, he can easily be considered one of the demons or yokai responsible for the slaughter. His appearance assures that much, and convinces the people that he's some kind of new monster or yokai just as easily. All in all, he makes an easy scapegoat or bounty.

While the thread and real battle hasn't concluded yet, the fate of the village is pretty clear: half the local militia are wounded or killed, the village is burning like an inferno and the gates that keep out the local yokai are broken into smittereens. The villagers were forced to flee from their homes and made easy prey for the yokai and oni, even after the demons that aided them dissappeared. They're all but dead or fated to become homeless vagrants. And I reckon that such random and sudden destruction of entire villages wouldn't go well with the local authorities.

So, for your character:
-If he/she obeys or lets themselves be hired by the emperor or local lord, your character could be sent to investigate and kill the culprit responsible.
-If you're more good-aligned than you thought, you could come to help the village in their hour of need.
-If you're a mercenary, the local lords or noble house could hire you. There was a local samurai in the village+thread, who was utterly beaten and broken by the demons. Even if they don't care about the village and their barely competent nephew, the disgrace upon their family that someone would belittle one of their blood and leave them alive as a broken spirit likely to become a ronin is punishable by death. Or they could just hire you to kill any survivers of the village who remember the samurai's shameful defeat, to ensure that his shameful death won't stain their good family name.
-Any other way for you to get involved.

Anyway, let me know if this sounds interesting. This can happen in Ataiyo, or your characters could follow Girshu all the way to one of the regions that are currently offering a lot more silver.
Angela Rose
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
Name: Angela Rose-Volkov
Alignment: CG
Race: Rosenite
Class: Goddess/Herbalist/Advisor
Silver: 17895
I wish to romance Handsoap with Cassia. :V Your thread title is "Down for whatever" so you can't say no to me now. Huehuehue

OOC: Brittlez the lovable Head Admin and Server Mom
IC: Angela is The Weaver of Life and Love.
Angela's 3 God Rules
1. Angela can create a garden of protection and healing around her on command.
2. Angela has supreme control over her domains and can trump the efforts of all others.
3. Angela can bestow her blessing upon the earth, accelerating the growth and vitality of all life present.