Out-Of-Character Forums > The Tavern Hall > Roleplay Discussions > Renaissance of Lumos Golden Egg Hunt [Official Event Thread]
Naota

Character Info
Name: Naota
Alignment: CG
Race: Former Deity
Class: Former Deity of Light and Dreams
Silver: 12527
Whispers pass through taverns and down alleyways. People are speaking of the rumors that surround the sprouting of the crystal eggs. There are those that believe a much more precious item may have grown from the energy of The Lord of Light’s most holiest of powers…An egg made entirely of precious metals: gold, silver, coveted platinum…

Take care to listen to these spoken clues, they may lead you to find fortune…Or perhaps they truly are just rumors after all…

-

Welcome to the official thread of the Renaissance of Lumos Golden Egg Hunt! During the event, clues will be posted on this thread to help you seek out your very own golden egg. There is one location on Revaliir where you can find one, but after the event is finished that chance is gone, so be quick and be smart!

The most golden rule of this game is this: please do not post the location of the egg should you find it. This is meant to be a puzzle game, if you’ve discovered the egg please do not spoil the fun for others. Definitely do not post the egg’s location on this thread or anywhere else on the site or we will have to issue a warning.

Once you think you’ve discovered the location, all you need to do is post in the area! Yes, this must be a true post, please do not pop in just to claim the egg. It does not have to turn into a thread if that’s not your wish, solo posts are perfectly fine!

I’m excited to get right to it, and the first clue will be posted soon! Happy Hunting 8D

God Rules:
i. Has the ability to put any target into a deep sleep.
ii. Unmatched in holy magicks as well as light magicks.
iii. Can shatter illusions by bending the light to show the truth.
[ OOC: My main account but one of many! :D - Anton ]
Naota

Character Info
All righty guys, let's kick this off!

Hint 1:

…You’ll find you’re never truly alone here, not all light is helpful…

God Rules:
Naota

Character Info
On to the next hint!

Hint 2:

…Treasure can be dear, but one would not suggest hanging around here…

God Rules:
Naota

Character Info
Next hint is a go!

Hint 3:

…One will need the brightest light to shine through this near eternal night…

God Rules:
Naota

Character Info
Gettin' closer!

Hint 4:

…A land filled with dark memories where even a god struggles to bring light…

God Rules:
Naota

Character Info
Numero cinco!

Hint 5:

…Tread softly, the ground has grown murky and with less foundation…

God Rules:
Naota

Character Info
Final hint!  Though I will be giving one more big clue on the final day of the event, here we go!

Hint 6:

…An everlasting reminder of the punishments one will face against this world’s tree…

God Rules:
Naota

Character Info
All righty everyone, all of the hints are up! And as promised I have one more final clue for the last day of the event :3 This is the description of the area, I'm putting it up so that everyone has a great opportunity of finding the egg! Don't forget to post there so that you can get it!

Where legends are buried, there are always figments of truth. Long ago in the lands of Parvpora, Canelux’s tree had a twin. It stood for generations while the gods of that land rose and fell. However, the people of the land were disgusted by the tree and its ability to create gods. The gods for a long time had plagued the people and killed many. Finally, an army marched upon the tree.

When the battle was over, the soldiers threw their arms up in great joy. The Gods that had once ruled over the lands fell, and so did the tree. The tree fell in a great conflagration, but in vengeance, it let out one final curse. Every surviving soldier was paralysed while trees grew from around their feet, wrapping around their petrified bodies and leaving only fragments of armour, equipment and weapons protruding from the wood. The shapes of hands and faces in a state of fear and agony, pressed-up against the inside of the bark, are still clearly visible today.

After many days the wives of the soldiers came looking for them. They had seen the mighty tree fall and were anxiously waiting for their loved ones to return home. When they arrived at the site, they found nothing but twisted abominations. However, when one wife approached, she collapsed in tears, for emerging from the tree was a locket she had given her husband before he left. It did not take the rest of the women very long to find their husbands amid the arboreal ruins.

Some did not falter, but others many ended their lives by their own hands in the shadows of the new trees. All that they had fought for had been taken from them in a final, cruel twist.

Over the centuries that followed, the trees continued to grow, casting eternal night beneath. Ropes used by the wives to hang themselves still dangle from boughs as though tied there yesterday, but their bodies have long-since been consumed by the forest, never to be put to rest. Many are believed to roam the forest as wailing spirits, plaguing any and all who dare enter.

The once beautiful lands within the forest have become a swampy mess. Beware the wispy lights that come and go, as they always signify when one of the wailing spirits are near. Around the edges of the forest are charms hanging from branches to protect those who live on the outer edge.

Are you brave enough to venture into the cursed forest of Parvpora?

God Rules: