Out-Of-Character Forums > The Tavern Hall > Roleplay Discussions > Write Up Of The D&D Campaign I'm Playing With My Friends
maffleet

Character Info
Name: Jake Arellano
Alignment: CG
Race: Human
Class: Bard
Silver: 1156
So I've been relatively inactive for a fair bit, which has a lot to do with my own laziness but also my preference for spoken RP So I'm just gonna start doing write ups of my friends and I's current D&D campaign we're playing through. First up the characters on this adventure. This campaign was played in pathfinder.

Maff: Ifrit bard

Storm: Halfling Driver named thimble threadfingers (Rogue Subclass)

Russell: Human Sorcerer (this is his first time playing a tabletop)

Connor: Half Elf Edgelord I mean rogue

Spencer: Owlperson druid

Harambe: Spencers gorilla companion.

I'm going to give each session it's own post after this one so as not to clutter everything up.

Always have a song in your heart and a drink in your stomach.

Jake can only cast magic through playing music.

For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.
maffleet

Character Info
Name: Jake Arellano
Alignment: CG
Race: Human
Class: Bard
Silver: 1156
Also sorry for not using character names I legit could only remember two of them and Harambe.
Session 1: The Adventure Begins Where Else but a Tavern.

Our party began in the backwater town of Steegate where it our first dilemma was convincing a bartender to allow a gorilla into his establishment. After some talking I managed to convince the man and went to sit down with the rest of the party. Except for the Connors character who sat in the corner so that we wouldn't be cut on all his edges. Russell then went around talking to all the NPC's trying to find some quests for us to do. Meanwhile Storm and I went to speak with some mercenaries from a city called Gablnul. We then talked with them about Gablnul and our various adventures there involving an unpaid cart ride from an old woman and her son Jimmy no toes who cheated us in a game of dice. By this point everyone was sick of our random improving so we got back on track with a quest Russell had found for us.

Some nondescript supplies had gone missing on the road to Cawic a city somewhat close by. So we decided to get some dinner and some drinks well some of us get drinks. Harambe, Spencer, Connor, Storm and I get drinks Russell and a player who gets kicked out a bit later on in the campaign who I shan't mention don't buy drinks. After that we get underway on the road to Cawic. Our travels are relatively calm until we come across a group of hobgoblins in the process of raiding a carriage. At this point Storm attempts to drive our carriage forward stealthily, and is told he can't get sneak attack damage for running people over with a carriage. Either way two hobgoblins get crushed under the carriage and die. We all hop out and miss all of our attacks. Except I didn't attack I played a song for the remaining hobgoblins which caused them to get entranced by my which allowed the rest of our party to pick them off without incident. In this fight Harambe lands two critical hits and is declared the first member of the DK crew.

It turns out the two living members of the carriage were elvish nobles from the mystical city of londorast. A woman and her child, the husband had been decapitated at the beginning of the battle leaving his son mentally scarred for life. At this point we just ignore the fact that we already have a quest and offer to give them a ride to Cawic. Not for free of course, Storm and I who run the carriage are business men not charity workers. And that's the end of session one.

Always have a song in your heart and a drink in your stomach.

Jake can only cast magic through playing music.

For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.