Roleplay Forums > Onnen > Sotho Coast > Maisha Maua, the Chroma Isles > Rest and Relaxation [Open]
Badgergoblin

Character Info
Name: Ong Porrys
Alignment: TN
Race: Half Goblin
Class: Battle Mage/Merchant Adventurer
Silver: 548
The sun rose high above in the clear blue skies over the Maisha Maua islands. A cool breeze swept through the air and blew across the beach nearby as the tiny boat landed on the beach. Ong found it refreshing, against the warm sun baking his bald head. He eagerly leapt out of the boat and stretched his arms wide towards the sky. "In all my years ferrying folk across, I never get tired of coming here" said the owner of the boat that Ong had hired to carry across from the mainland. "Some folk come her to get away for awhile, its not busy as life in the cities." said the owner. Ong dug his satchel and tossed the man a bag of silver; "Thats all well and good, I wish to do some exploring perhaps, observe the local flora" replied Ong.

"How long will you be staying?" asked the ferrymen

"A week perhaps, it should enough time for me to record what I need" replied Ong.

"Then I shall return back in a week. I wouldn't want the other ferryman to steal my patrons." The ferryman bounced the bag of coin in his hand and smiled before putting to the side. "If you do get lonely, Im sure my competition have ferried more folk over…this time of year normally brings in alot folk from all around. Though, I've never encountered one such as yourself, ill admit"

Ong smiled and bowed to him "I am a…rare breed you might say".

The old man chuckled and Ong found himself joining in before bidding him good day. Ong continued up the beach before entering the island interior. The sights of beautiful flowers, and rushing waters filled his heart with joy. It was only months ago, a fellow traveler had told him about this place and since then, Ong had made his way south to explore the islands. He had been told this place was beautiful, but, he had not been expecting to enter such a paradise. The sweet scents of flowers caught his nose, the cool air and beauty was somewhat enchanting for the half goblin. He found himself asking, would a week here be enough?

After walking for sometime Ong came upon a small brook and decided to rest. Sitting down on top of a small stump, he removed his shoes and leaned his back for a bit. As he lifted his head he noticed a beautiful flower that resembled a lily sitting across from him. The flower was white with red blotches inside. His hand shuffled in his bag for a sketch book and pen. Producing a small sketchbook, he set it on his lap and quickly began to draw the lovely flower before him. He was in such high spirits he began to hum to himself.
Kimari Redmane

Character Info
Name: Kimari Redmane
Alignment: None
Race: Centaur
Class:
Silver: 773
Kimari glanced casually at her surroundings, taking everything in. It was calm and relatively peaceful. Yes, there were some very noisy animals chattering and chirping away; however, that did nothing to really break the tranquil feeling that Kimari had in this place. She'd never been to Onnen before, but hoped that she would have a good time there. "Nothing here to stress me out, so far. That's good." She said softly to herself, a gentle smile on her face. She couldn't sense any immediate danger, unless of course, an angry squirrel came forth and unleashed it's furry wrath upon her for stomping through ad nearly ruining its store of food. But even so, that would be nothing of serious concern for the Centaur, as a squirrel or something of similar size was not at all large enough to do her any real harm.

The Centaur woman picked her way forward and happened to see movement. At first she thought it to be an animal. However, upon closer inspection she found it to that it was far from an animal. It appeared to be a goblin or something of that nature, but she wasn't sure if she should approach or not. There didn't appear to be any threat, but she placed her hand on her knife, just in case. She could always trample him if he showed any sort of aggression. Yet, for now, she decided to careully picked her way ever closer, hoping that her hooves wouldn't make a whole lot of noise as she did so. She wasn't sure how quickly she could bolt away, if need be.

As she got closer, she saw that the goblin-like man had what appeared to be a sketchbook? And could her that he was humming, too. Kimari left go of her knife that was in its sheathe, although she was ready for anything. Daring to call out, "Hello, there." The Centaur took a few steps forward, hoping she hadn't startled the man sitting there before her.
Badgergoblin

Character Info
Ong's ears pricked at the sound of someone approaching him. "Hmm…someone there?" he replied as he Slowly, he set his sketchbook on his lap and turn around to see the newcomer. His eyes flashed open wide to the surprise of seeing a being he had not yet encountered. A lovely human with the body of a horse, he had heard some talk of such folk but, only through the words of fellow travellers. Centuars, they called them if he was correct and one that happened to be on the island. He doubted she was native of course, he couldn't think a part of Onnen where they roamed. Before long, he realized he had been staring for to long and snapped himself out of it.

"Oh, Forgive me miss" he said shaking his head "I didn't mean to stare to long… I was merely startled is all. I hope you forgive me. Are you a visitor to these islands as well?" he asked.

Ong stood up on his legs and gave a quick and long bow as  as sign of respect. He was not as tall as a regular man but, nor was he as short as a regular goblin. Still, he was short enough for her to look down upon. He hoped his fascination didn't offend her, he was naturally interested in getting to learn more about her and her people. Though, this was a relaxing area perhaps she sought solace and came her for the quiet. Of course, he would allow her peace if thats what she wished.

"I am Ong Porrys of Igbo, a traveling scholar you might say? And may i have the pleasure of your name?"
Kimari Redmane

Character Info
Class:
Kimari caught the wide eyed look that flashed on the man's face and that made her raise a brow. What was that look for? Shock? Had she scared him? Had he never seen a Centaur before? Would he try harming her, even though he seemed not to be aggressive? These and many other questions ran through Kimari's mind as she awaited a reply, whilst resisting the urge to grab her bow.

When she heard that he had been startled and that was the reason for his staring, she relaxed a bit. She could now sense the curiosity as well. That caused her to relax more so than she had already. No need to make the half goblin man before her feel that she might kill him. She could easily kick him and be done with it, for sure, but what would good would that accomplish?

"I am," Kimari replied. "I was hoping to find a place to have something of a vacation from everything, and this seemed like as good a place as any to do just that." She paused and left her gaze flicker towards where some birds fluttered from their hiding place and took to the sky. "I'm Kimari, Kimari Redmane." The Centaur female introduced herself, nodding respectfully to Ong. "It's nice to meet you, Ong."
Badgergoblin

Character Info
"A pleasure to meet you Ms. Kimari" Ong replied lifting up his head from his bow. He observed and thought to himself how he may have looked to her. "Don't, I know i might look frightening but, I assure you i mean you no harm, please will you come and join me?". He moved to the side to show here the amazing flower he was sketching. The fragrance was sweet and he couldn't help but, turn to it again. Looking back to Kimari he hoped that she knew he meant no harm and was merely enjoying the scenery. He had never seen a Centuar up close and was curious about them and their culture.

Not that he could do much aside from simple spells to defend himself or create a distraction but, company was always welcome. He extended his green hands to her as a show of trust.  "Pardon my curiousity if I seemed tense this is the first time I've met a centuar, I must say im happy to make your acquaintance are you new to Onnen?"
Kimari Redmane

Character Info
Class:
Kimari watched the goblin-like man with a somewhat curious glitter in her eyes. He definitely wasn't all goblin. At least not the same type as one she had once met. He was most certainly too tall for that and spoke in proper sentences. Seemed polite, too; that wasn't to say that the other had been rude, however. "Frightening? Goodness, no. I've seen things that were far less easy on the eyes. Trust me. Not saying that you look terrible or even bad. Well….you know what I mean?" She hoped that her words would reassure the man, but hoped her rattlirattling hadn't ed him. "That flower really is something. I miss the fields and meadows where I grew up. The flowers there were lovely. Nothing really extravagant. No. But they're beautiful in their own right."

"Hm? Oh! It's no problem at all. At least you looked at me with curiosity rather than hostility," Kimari replied, shuffling her hooves as she spoke. "Not everyone takes too kindly to me when they first take notice to my being a Centaur, not just a rider and horse. And, yes. I haven't been here before now. I'm glad that the first person I've encountered wasn't aggressive. I can't say how many times I've been run off because people got uncomfortable with me around. Might be the fact I'm real handy with a bow, and have let some aggressors know. But I only do that if it's absolutely necessary. No need to make enemies with those who can be potential allies."
Badgergoblin

Character Info
Ong nodded and slowly began to approach Kimari in a curious fashion. He looked up to face her with his amber eyes and smiled. She stood tall over him, the part of her that resembled a mare could easily have trampled over him. He eyes looked down towards her hooves and around her midsection. "I hope you don't mind, I'm just very curious to know , which continent do you hail from? Do you hail from a tribe?" Taking two steps back he faced her again, his eyes in amazement. He had originally come to study the fauna on these lands but, the prospect of making a new friend and one so very unique was excellent. Ong wondered about Kimari, her people, and her home perhaps, it be a good place to travel someday.

The sun pulled overhead and Ong's stomach began to grumble. He of course, forgot to eat earlier on and now his stomach was rumbled. "Ugh…. I forgot I skipped breakfest. Are you hungry? Perhaps we can find fruit around her or…maybe i can fish or catch something" he said looking around the area. He shuffled over to the trees and looked up for any signs of fruit. Eventually, he found what looked to be some type of melon, though one he had never seen before and for the life of him it was pretty high up. "Looks like there are some fruit up there"