Roleplay Forums > Onnen > Sandawe Savanna > The Ancient City of Namiba > Have a meal [O]
Alairia

Character Info
Name: Alairia
Alignment: TG
Race: Human/Elf
Class: Healer
Silver: 2727
”You enjoying your special meal, Cass?” Alairia laughed softly as her fae dragon cooed on her shoulder while taking another piece of cooked skyfish. Long cream colored tail was wrapped about the healer’s neck as the dragon held her fish in her front paws to nibble on. Alairia walked carefully away from one of the large tents that carried the scent of food and drink. People were milling about while enjoying the beautiful day. The event was quite lovely, and the young woman was beyond impressed with the interactions all the new groups were having with one another. Everything seemed calm; it would not have been easily guessed that there had been a war between this land and the main land not too long ago.

Her face fell slightly at the thought of all the destruction that had come across the land back home. It felt wrong a bit being on Onnen, but she could not hold it against an entire continent. When Mamlak had been attacked there had been a chance that her family would have been killed. Mother and Father had left to take on the enemy. They had left to help those that were in danger while the children had been safe in the apothecary. Alairia sighed while giving another piece of fish to Cass. That had been a rough few weeks while the rebuild had been worked through. The amount of patients to come through the doors. The amount of patients that had not been able to make it through the doors. A small shiver went down her spine at the thought.

The sun beat down from above to highlight the migrating fish that were colored beautifully. Ria moved away from the crowd and managed to dodge some children that were playing a game of tag. She smiled brightly while finding an available blanket to sit down wither plate of food. Legs tucked beneath her, the healer began to eat her meal while watching the display before her. Families were doing their best to keep their children under control though the spectacle was almost too much even for the adults. New things and species were being witnessed that day for the first time for many. Alairia wondered if there were new herbs she could find to use at the shop later on.

Killian

Character Info
Name: Killian
Alignment: CG
Race: Novella
Class:
Silver: 402
“That’s it! Yes, a little more acceleration please.” Killian was shouting above the wind as Luna piloted his impossible ship. It’s strange teardrop shape raced through the skies above Onnen – barely eight feet tall and pearly white it tore after the sky fish migration. As instructed Luna maneuvered the ship directly into the main channel of fish. The engines roared as the ship bobbed along with the fish. Killian was at the doors, he had them open and was hanging out of them dangerously. One hand held on tightly, the other held a net.

With this ‘out of the box’ technique Killian managed to catch a few fish without falling hundreds of feet to his immediate death. “Go on then, take her down.” Killian said through laughs as he fell back into the ship. They landed quietly away from the crowd. After a quick chat and a kiss goodbye Killian left Luna inside the ship and took his haul to the nearest bonfire.

A few moments later he moved through the crowds with a small bowl of food. Killian was a traveller before anything else, he could help himself but join in on an event like this. He hadn’t been around for the war – not this one anyway, so he wasn’t feeling conflicted about being there. Instead, he was smiling, soaking it all in. Enjoying being a tourist.

Killian had tracked down some old friends here, He had met Luna. He glanced at his ring finger and sore the ethereal cotton ring. Revaliir was pulling him in, he could feel it. The Novella hadn’t stopped in one place this long since -

“Hello there!” He called out in an upbeat tone to a young woman with a small dragon. His mind was instantly wiped of any big thoughts, right now he planned to enjoy himself – he would decide where his future lay another time. “I am Killian.” His tone was friendly – his smile wide and his free hand outstretched.

“How’s the fish? Its my first time.”

Alairia

Character Info
Minutes passed before the blonde half-elf was able to take a bit of her own meal. Cass was now contently curled up in her lap. The owner smiled lovingly down at her bonded fae dragon. She lightly poked Cass’s bulging belly that would most certainly need a good oiling later on that day. If she neglected her little friend’s growing skin it could mean devastation later in the colder temperatures. Alairia shook her head to push away the thoughts. A healer’s mind was always churning despite their efforts. She needed a relaxing day away from the craziness that had overtaken her life recently.

One hand lightly stroked the dragon from head to tail, while the other placed small bits of cooked fish into her mouth. The taste was just as wonderful as everyone had boosted about. Hazel green gaze lifted to the sky just as an airship of a strange design worked its way to the surface. There was a hint of fascination on her face while the ship maneuvered itself. Alairia had not been privy to such great ships in her past. Things were still new to her with having been under the growing influence of Lord Raktor. She was learning more and more each day. It was hopeful that one day soon she would not be so naïve to be taken advantage of as her family and love had pointed out.

Hand reached for another piece of fish to realize that all of it had been consumed. Alairia wrinkled her nose in agitation that everything had been eaten. There was the ability to get up to fetch some more, but there was just no disturbing the sleeping Cass. A sigh was released as she put her plate off to the side. Ria leaned back on her hands straight behind her.

A shadow made its way towards the healer and her sleeping dragon that caught her attention. A quite upbeat voice projected her way, which made Alairia smile brightly in return. He introduced himself quickly along with an outstretched hand. For a split moment, she examined him and the proffered hand. Finally, Alairia grinned brighter and sat up straight in order to return his hand shake. ”Good day to you, Killian.” When their handshake broke off, Ria returned her hand to the ground to keep her propped up. ”My name is Alairia, pleasure to meet you. You can share my blanket if you would like. It is large enough.” She did not need to move aside to allow Killian to join her. A hand reached over again to begin petting the continuing to sleep Cass.

”The fish is absolutely delicious…and I seem to have finished mine off. This is my first time as well. What a lovely day to enjoy the weather and new company. Was that your ship from earlier? I am unfamiliar with them, though quite interested. How do they work?” Alairia was in a constant state of wanting to learn. She mostly learned about the healing arts, but knowing more outside her field was always of interest.

Killian

Character Info
Name: Killian
Alignment: CG
Race: Novella
Class:
Silver: 402
He smiled. “Thank you Alairia.” He took off his old black overcoat and placed it down before sitting beside her, cross legged. His shirt was plain, but his waistcoat was a patchwork design multicoloured and embroidered with overlapping golden circles. As she spoke, he tried a bit of the fish. It was incredible – his eyes flashed with excitement as he shoved another piece into his mouth. When she mentioned his ship – he could hardly contain his excitement.

“The little white one, yeah, that is mine.” He smiled and offered the plate out to her. “We should share this.” Killian considered his little adventure in the city of Karaith, the toxic gas, the secretive guild guarding the secret to airship flight. (In his mind rubbish airship travel at that.)
His sapphire eyes sparkled as he took her in – she probably didn’t even realise what she was asking. The same question had almost got him killed a few days ago. “The ones you see around here, they’re easy. Basic levitation charm locked inside a matrix of crystal’s powered by an arcane ring of energy. It is very wasteful way to go about it.” Something he had tried to explain to the head honcho of the Shen Minchi Yurien – but he didn’t like Killian knowing his little secrets. “It’s also a very jealously guarded secret apparently. Shame, the idea needs refining, I was building tricks like that as a ch-“ For once Killian managed to stop himself bragging.
“Tell me about you, what do you do Alairia?” He asked.

OOC :| Sorry it's a little short, i'm really rubbish at sitting down talking posts. This is a challenge for me! :)

boneami

Character Info
Name: Marthaen
Race: Ruby Gemstone Dragon
Class: Fire breather.
Silver: 2570
Marthaen had been fllying. He loved to fly. While he hadn't lived very long, from all everyone had told him, he was some awful monster. A "thing" to be feared. Something to make sure children did as they were told. A monster. "Monster" he repeated again. The leagues slipped past him as he thought of it all. The tears of the child. By far the worst thing. Young as Marthaen was he certainly understood their fear. "Monster" he said again. *Anger welled up inside him.* Fine! You name me monster? Mayhaps it's time I proved it to you.  *He saw the blimp from afar and spat a ball of fire in front of the blimp then headed directly for it.* You want to see evil??? If you insist that's my place in life? Fine. Let's do evil." "Though none of his flames touched the craft it looked as though that was the intention.* Despite himself,* "Be kind," he whispered softly, " do it quickly." And he circled the craft spouting flame that always missed. "I'm tired. I'm very tired."

You said start a fire! You didn't say how big.
Alairia

Character Info
Out of courtesy, she shifted on her blanket to make room for the newcomer. Alairia was always quite open to meeting new people. It was even more heartening when she got to meet people when they were not in need of healing at her shop. To get to meet someone new while they were healthy was a different kind of concept for her. Alairia continued to smile brightly at the man. She watched as he removed his black overcoat in order to sit down more comfortably. His voice was pleasant, and seemed as if it were full of an old intelligence. She could not quite place it even though he did not seem that old.

Alairia allowed herself to take in his outfit and found herself quite interested. The patchwork of his waistcoat was quite different from what her stepfather or grandfather would wear, but it had a personality all its own. She hid her smile by looking at the ground in order to make sure she did not come off as rude. From the corner of her eye the healer could see that Killian had finally tried the fish to his own delight. It was clear that he enjoyed it by how quickly he continued to consume more of what he had available.

Head tilted slightly as he offered the fish while answering her question. Eyes brightened as she took one of the pieces. ”Thank you! These are insanely delicious and cannot get enough of them.” She nibbled on the piece as she hoped to get some more information about the ship. The healer saw some ships at the city of Mamlak fly in and out, but never had had a chance to get an up close view of it. As she ate Alairia hoped that her little fae did not wake up to try and take the fish. Intently she listened to her new acquaintance explain the ships and their abilities.

There was another smile as he hesitated to continue his explanation. ”Well, I thank you for explaining some to me. I have little experience outside of the healing realm. Sometimes it is good to learn something completely new! I enjoy the idea of flight, though I will never have the ability myself. I guess an airship would be a great way to do it without worrying about skills in myself.” Alairia finished her one piece with licking the ends of her fingers. Her eyes glanced at the plate where there were more. She knew it was rude to take another, but he had suggested that they share. ”Again, thank you!” Another piece was plucked from amongst the stack to be consumed.

”Me? I am a healer in Mamlak. I work at my mother’s apothecary shop that we started some years ago. My mother, brother and stepfather….or soon-to-be stepfather all work together. We do healings on the premises as well as sell supplies. It is quite busy, but it is always nice to help those in need.” There was more she was about to say but the arrival of a large dragon in the distance made her flinch. ”What is going on?’ Cass stirred on her lap that made Alairia gather the small dragon to her chest.