Roleplay Forums > Onnen > Sahel Hightops > Cameroon, The Canopy City > Flavour Town[P]
Tourmaline

Character Info
Name: Tourmaline
Alignment: TN
Race: Dragonblooded Angel
Class: Lazy
Silver: 0
When she had woken up after a nap, Tourmaline had noticed that she wasn’t in the same city she had been before. The half angel had decided to find a safe and secluded place to have a nap in the last city she had been in, and that place had ended up being the top of an airship. How she hadn’t woken up during its flight was impressive, but she had stayed asleep the whole way. Tourmaline had only woken up when the ship had docked and the jarring of the ship had woken her up, instead of the turbulence.

Not too long after that the crew found her as Tourmaline, who really stood out in this crowd, landed on the deck of the ship. Her large wings spread wide and made it a gentle landing and she had surprised some of the men around her. They didn’t expect to see a nearly six-foot-tall angelic woman drop to their deck, huge grey feathered wings being tucked up almost flat against her back as she looked around. Her skin had a slight grey hue to it, while her eyes were a dark yellow and reptilian in shape. Her lips, ears, nose and eyebrows had piercings in them in, and when she spoke one could see the stud in her tongue. Her plate armour was the stock metal colour, but the shape and contours were more elaborate, and her thighs showed, exposing the large black tribal like tattoo that wrapped around her right thigh.

Tourmaline was also armed with a large glaive, the blade looked like glass, because it was, volcanic glass treated with magic to never rust or dull. A beautiful work of deadly art that she carried between her wings as she looked to the captain of the ship when he came over to see who his stowaway was. ”Hrm, I’m sorry, I hadn’t expected your ship to leave port when I decided to take a nap up top.”

”You slept up there the whole way?!” The captain said astonished.

”Ya, sorry about that. Uh, can I ask, where I am now?” Tourmaline asked with a small yawn as he stomach growled in hunger.

”Listen here, young lady, I don’t take well to stowaways on me ship.”

Tourmaline cut him off when she removed a small pouch from her hip and tossed it at him. ”There, if it’s money you want I can pay for the trip. Now, where am I? And would any of you know of a, uh, dragon named Hacesh by chance? I am looking for him.”

The captain caught the coin pouch and did a quick count, seemingly satisfied but still looking very bewildered as to what was going on. ”Cameroon, on the continent of Onnen, and no, I’ve not heard of a dragon by that name. Why do you need to find him anyway?”

Tour thought for a moment before she opened her wings again and lifted herself into the air, only then seeing what kind of city she was in. ”Thank you, captain, I appreciate your hospitality.”

And this was how Tourmaline had come into the city of Cameroon and that had only been maybe half and hour ago. It hadn’t taken the angelic looking woman to find an outdoor restaurant and was seated at a table, alone, with a large selection of food in front of her. Most of it she had never had before, or heard of, but never one to not try something new she was more than happy to explore what kind of food this place had.
drbuck

Character Info
Name: Fenriz Tel'vanya Hallowthorne
Alignment: TG
Race: Vampire
Class: Fledgling Necromancer
Silver: 3429
Fenriz had also decided to stowaway on the airship, though he of course elected to do so within its confines. Using his newfound abilities to keep hidden among the shadows, he had decided to make his way Cameroon, the city in the trees that Lixue had told him about. Though he had little hope of finding any leads on his missing parents here, the visual was a bit too tempting for his childish curiosity. What did nearly dissuade him from taking the trip was how much he detested airships, only having been in one once before, and for him that was once too many. Still he braved the trip, undetected by his fellow passengers or captain until it was time for him to thankfully disembark.

Though he had come for the scenery, the first thing that caught his attention was an additional stowaway, at least based on the conversation he could overhear her having with the captain. Though there was no way she was in the airship at the same time. Compared to the other passengers, she certainly stuck out more than any of them, himself very much included. Dressed the way she was, the boy speculated that she was like many in armor she was some sort of soldier. But the most striking thing about her were the wings, Only once had he seen them on an actual person before. Maybe they knew each other? There was of course only one way to find out.

Moving closer, he attempted to eavesdrop on the dispute she was having with the captain, all the while trying to remain inconspicuous. Fortunately nobody paid the small child any mind, the captain far too invested in getting payment for the services he had unknowingly provided the angel, and the angel trying to figure out where she had been taken.

"A dragon…?" he mumbled to himself. If such a creature was nearby, there was no way he was going to miss the chance to see it with his own eyes. Though, much to his disappointment, the captain replied negatively when asked about it. Equally disappointing was her not explaining why she was searching for it, though he wouldn't stay this way for long.

"Woah!" he exclaimed with wide eyed amazement. Unknowingly she had granted a secret wish of his. Ever since he had met Raziel, he wanted to see a person take flight, a wish that his sister was not capable of granting due to her condition. But now that she had proven in front of his young eyes that it could be done, he was far too curious not to make contact.

Fenriz followed the angel to a restaurant, where she had taken up a table alone.

"Excuse me miss" he said as he climbed a chair next to her. Given his somewhat diminished height this proved a slightly difficult task, but he managed. Being next to her made the height difference between the two that much more pronounced Once atop the chair, he greeted his new companion with a friendly smile "I really like your wings! I've never seen a person fly like that before. You must be an angel right? My sister is an angel, and she has wings just like you. She can't fly though. Do you know her? Her name's Raziel"

With the height of the chair, his legs had room to dangle, allowing him to kick them back and forth casually. His attention turned to the table, a bit surprised at the spread sprawled out before him "Were you waiting for someone? This seems like a lot of food for one person. Is some of it for the dragon guy you're looking for? I've never seen a dragon before, but I've heard about them. i bet they eat a lot of food huh miss…"

He interrupted his barrage of questions, realizing that in his excitement he hadn't even introduced himself. Sheepishly he offered his hand like he knew was custom "By the way, my name is Fenriz. A lot of people call me Fen though. What's your name?"
Tourmaline

Character Info
Tourmaline stopped eating for a moment when she realized that the ‘miss’ had been directed at her, dark yellow reptilian eyes turned to focus on the young boy who had climbed into the chair next to her. Blinking, Tour finished the bite she had in her hand and glanced around while the boy spoke to see if his parents might be looking for him. It didn’t seem like that was the case, but that was fine with Tourmaline she liked kids, and this one seemed like a nice enough kid, so long as he wasn’t going to try and pickpocket her.

Right away the young boy went off on a series of questions and Tourmaline couldn’t keep the small amused grin from her pierced face. When he finished with his name and asked for hers Tourmaline finished what she had been eating at that moment before answering him. ”My name is Tourmaline, but you can call me Tour, it’s nice to meet you, Fen.” She greeted, shifting his chair a bit to face him a little more. She decided to answer his questions in a different order than he had asked as to make things make a little more sense. She had to wonder how he had heard her talking about Hacesh, but perhaps she had been speaking louder than she had thought to the captain, or he had been eavesdropping. Either way, she didn’t mind answering his questions. ”And nope, I’m not waiting for anyone, you’re right that dragons can eat a lot, but, so can I, I did get this for me.” She chuckled lightly. ”But, you’re welcome to help yourself if you’re hungry, Fen, eat what you want.” Too anyone that knew Tourmaline well to see and hear her give away some of her food might seem vastly out of character for her. But Tour did like children and had no problem sharing food with them,

”I don’t know your sister though, Fen, but I am an angel, well, half angel anyway.” She thought for a moment on how to explain this to a child of Fen’s age. Wondering at the same time that, if his sister was an angel, then, what was he and why wasn’t he an angel? ”The dragon I am looking for, Hacesh, is my father, my mother is an angel. I haven’t seen my father in over a hundred years, so I figured it was time I go and find him again, that and mom kicked me out to go and find because she thought I was being too lazy.” Which Tourmaline really really was being lazy, that’s why her mom had kicked her out.

”But what about you, Fen? Are you from this city? Where are and what are you parents like?” She asked curiously but carefully in case she had asked a sensitive topic, but she was honestly curious about him. If Tour had been a bit more on the ball she might have realized that he wasn’t human, but she wasn’t picking up on that, perhaps because her defence was down because he was a child?
drbuck

Character Info
"Thank you Miss Tour" Fenriz said with a smile, taking a simple piece of bread from the table. This was in part out of courtesy. Even if it was offered to him, it still wasn't his food. Even if he wasn't present, he could still imagine the scolding he'd receive from his father for being too greedy. But even more so, given his biology Fenriz wasn't much of an eater, at least not of traditional food.

Fenriz shook his head when asked about his origins "No, I'm actually not sure where I'm from. My parent's never really told me where I was born, and I don't have a house anywhere. I just came to visit because a friend told me people made a city in the trees and I had to see it myself! Its pretty amazing, don't you think? The people who live here are a lot different than I've seen, though. How do you think they built a city this high up, anyway? I bet it'd be really easy if they could all fly like you"

He grinned at his new friend, still somewhat awestruck by her ability to take flight. Remembering that she had also question him about his parents, however, a glint came over his eyes. The boy stood in his chair, as if what he was about to say was far too exciting to be told seated

"My parents are the best! My mom's the nicest person ever. I used to get gifts from her all the time. We would play games when she had time. Her and dad were busy a lot. She was also really smart. I'm pretty sure she knows everything!" He stood on the very tip of his toes as he transitioned to discussing his other parent. He stumbled a bit in his excitement, but caught himself before falling. Stretching his hand into the sky, unaware that it still held bread in it, he continued on without pause "My dad's really tall. Like, really tall He also knows a lot of neat magic, though he never showed off a lot of it I can use magic too, you know. But I'm nowhere near as strong as dad was" Curling his small hands into fists, he pantomimed a fight against the air in front of him "He's really brave, too. Any time we were in danger he'd keep us safe from anything that tried to hurt us"

Once he finished his animated description of his parents, he returned to his seat proper. Though he remained smiling, his eyes told a different story "I don't really know where they are now. We got split up a while ago. We used to travel a lot, so I was hoping if I kept moving I'd find them eventually, but I haven't been that lucky. But it's okay, because I've met a lot of nice people since I started looking, like my sis, and Miss Lixue, and you Miss Tour"

Finishing up his telling of his parents, Fenriz let out a small yawn. Though these hyperactive outbursts weren't uncommon for the boy, especially when he spoke on subjects he cared so deeply about, but for some reason he felt a little more drained than usual. Though he still possessed plenty of reserve energy, he's speech wasn't as energetic as usual

When Tourmaline mentioned that she wasn't acquainted with Raziel, he felt somewhat disappointed, though that was swiftly forgotten when she mentioned that the dragon she was looking for was in fact her father. When he was presented with the opportunity he set out to gain clarification in the only way he knew how "I bet you miss your dad more than I do though, if he's been gone for 100 years. People tell me I'm gonna live for a really long time, but I can't imagine not seeing my parents for that long"

Casually letting slip his extended lifespan was, in likely the closest he was ever going to get to outright admitting his vampiric nature. Though he didn't seem to realize it was anything out of the ordinary, as he continued casually chatting away "I can try and help you find him, if you want. I'm not the best at finding people, but I bet a dragon would be much easier than a person! I've never seen a dragon before but mom tells me they're like giant lizards. Is that what your dad is like? Is he a knight like you? I met a knight once, though he didn't wear cool armor like yours. I bet a strong dragon would be a great knight! Though maybe not. He probably couldn't fit into the city…"

Fenriz chuckled as he pictured a giant, powerful dragon, comically trying to dislodge himself from between the trees Cocking his head to the side, he looked over Tourmaline "You don't look like a lizard though. Lizard's usually have scales instead of skin. I look like my parents. We have the same eye color and hair color. I don't look anything like sis, though. She says we're… adopted? I think that's the word. Are you adopted?"
Tourmaline

Character Info
”You can just call me Tour, no need for the miss part.” Tourmaline replied with a grin, if he continued to use Miss she wouldn’t correct him again, some kids were just that respectful. But he only took a small bit of bread and Tour raised a brow before pushing a pull plate in front of him. ”Please, I insist.” She smiled brightly, her piercings catching the sunlight a bit. Plus since Tourmaline had been in the middle of eating her unusual aura was slowly building up in strength, one that seemed into those around her and made them more gluttonous. It affected people in different ways, if at all, it just depended on their constitutions and their race how it affected them.

Tour didn’t interrupted as he spoke, but she did keep eating, and this new food and flavours were amazing so far! There was very little food that Tour didn’t like, and some of this were roasted and fried and seasoned insects and they were tasty. ”This city is amazing, I hope to explore it a bit more.” Probably after another nap, or two. ”I don’t know how they would have built it, I would imagine they climbed and started to carve, but I can only guess.” She explained with a small shrug, perhaps a local could tell them if they asked.

When Fen got up on the chair Tour watched him carefully as he went into an animated description of his parents. When he stumbled Tour was almost out of her seat to catch him but he managed to balance himself and continued on like nothing had happened. So Tour continued to listen, saddened that he didn’t know where his parents were, but at least he was looking for them. How long he was going to live, though, did catch her attention, as he was asking how much she missed her own father. ”When you live a really long time, and once you get to a certain age, time seems, how do I put this? Hm, it starts not to feel like a long time, you kind of lose track of the years and just go with it. My father is over three thousand years old, and I’m two hundred and… well I stopped counting after that. But one hundred years to me doesn’t feel as long a time, knowing my father will live for hundreds if not thousands more and myself and my mom the same.” So long as nothing killed them, and, sadly for Tourmaline, when she did find out about her father she would be devastated.

Fen went on to a few more questions to her and Tour smiled. ”They are like giant lizards, but, no, I’m not adopted, and he doesn’t wear armour.” She leaned back for and thought for a moment on how to explain. ”My dad is, unique, among dragons. Your mom’s right, dragons can be huge, four legged lizard looking beasts, just don’t call one a lizard, they tend not to take kindly to that.” She chuckled. ”They can fly, and can breath fire, or ice, some times lightning even! But dad, he wasn’t huge, he was taller than I am and walked on two legs like we do. He still has large wings and some scales, and a long tail and horns on his head. His skin his grey, it’s why my skin and feathers are slightly grey in colour. And why my eyes are like a reptiles instead of human like like my mother’s are. My wings are larger than a angel’s usually are thanks to him, and I’m stronger in flight than mom. I get the rest of my looks from mom though.” Tourmaline explained, unknowingly having more power from her father than she knew of at the moment. If she hadn’t been so lazy she might have unlocked those powers by now, but she was lazy and had focused more on her glaive work than her magic. As a result some of her strongest abilities still laid dormant in her.

”My dad tends to stand out, I’ll find him eventually. But, I’d be happy to help you find your family, Fen, if that’s ok?” If he was adopted and would live for a long time, then he wasn’t human, was he? Tour wanted to ask, but didn’t want to be so blunt about it, in case she came off as rude, or, he become upset before he didn’t actually know. But then an idea struck her. ”Those people that say you’ll live for a long time, have they told you how long that is?”
drbuck

Character Info
Fenriz eyeballed the plate she put in front of him, a mixture of foods he did and did not recognize. He wasn't particularly hungry; he never really was, But when she insisted, he figured that just this one he would oblige. Now that she mentioned it, he was a bit more… curious than he initially believed. Picking at the bits that seemed appetizing, trading off between eating things he knew he liked, and gambling on things he had never had before, many of which were fairly hit or miss for the young vampire. But more than anything he could feel an odd feeling stirring within him, a craving for that which all of his kind sought out. It was strange. He certainly didn't need to feed, it hadn't been that long, and he had never actively craved blood beyond when he needed it. What was causing such a change now? For now he put it in the back of his mind.

In a way Fenriz understood what she meant about the passage of time. Thinking about it now, he had no idea how long he had even been on this journey. But even then it seemed a bit beyond his imagination to picture losing track of hundreds of years. Though the truest test of his perception was hearing just how old her father was, finding it difficult to picture how long it would take just to count to three thousand, much less live to such an age. Unbeknownst to either of them, however, she had provided him a bit of a glimpse into his own, very lengthy future.

As Tourmaline explained to him some of the variances between dragons, Fenriz continued to munch away at the food he had been offered, having over time transitioned less from carefully picking and choosing his next bite to somewhat mindlessly snacking away. This backfired somewhat on the boy, instantly grimacing the moment he bit into something far too spicy for his tastes. Between the intricate armor and the large wings, Fenriz had been far too distracted to take not of the other things she had inherited from her father. Once he had recovered from the unpleasant taste of whatever he had bitten into, he set his plate aside. Leaning forward in his seat as best he could manage, Fenriz inspected the face of his dinner guest. Once he finished his evaluation, he grinned at her.

"I think it's a good thing you got your dad's eyes. They're really cool! People say that about my eyes too, though I don't think they look as neat as yours. My eyes are magic. I bet yours are too, huh? Too bad you didn't get a tail like his though. I bet having a tail would be a lot of fun! How does he sit down though…?" For a moment, he allowed his young mind to reflect on his own question, picturing the difficulties of sitting in a chair his with an extra appendage like a tail. With a furled brow, it was clear he was putting a lot of thought into the dilemma, much more than it really deserved. Failing to come to a conclusion, it wasn't long before he suddenly snapped back to his innocent, childlike demeanor. "Can you and your dad breathe do the other stuff that dragons can do? You know, like breathe fire and stuff? I bet that would hurt your mouth…"

With a frown, he was suddenly reminded of the fiery appetizer he had consumed only moments earlier. However, this didn't stop him from returning to his meal. 

"You know, I'm not really sure…" he placed a hand to his chin, trying to recall the conversations he had with the other vampires and pro-vampire companions he had previously encountered. Most of them had mentioned he had a long life ahead of him, although none of them had provided specifics "If it's anything like my parents, it's a really long time. You're older than sis, but mom and dad are a bit older than you are. Last time I asked dad said he was about three hundred years old, and mom was a few years younger than that"

Speaking of their respective parents, the vampire felt a twinge of disappointment when she turned down his request to find her father, though he understood. When she returned the favor his reaction was much different. He clapped his hands together, grinning a wide, toothy grin that inadvertently showed off his pointed fangs.  "But do you mean it? I'd really appreciate the help Miss… I mean Tour. It won't be easy to find them. They're really good at hiding. I am too, but they taught me how. We spent a lot of time hiding out in caves and forests, anywhere that was really dark"

As soon as these words left his lips the boy froze. Thinking about why it was they avoided brighter places, he had stumbled upon a realization. So distracted he had been by what Tour was, it hadn't occurred to him that she was unaware as to what he was. Mentally he kicked himself for his lack of caution. Though he had certainly lucked out with many in his life, his encounter with Lixue should have served as a staunch reminder that not all were friendly to his kind.

"They've got… really bad eyes. The sun makes it hard for them to see. That's also why we really only traveled at night" he lied.He avoided eye contact with Tourmaline, as even he knew this wasn't one of his best fibs. 
Tourmaline

Character Info
Tourmaline watched him when he grimaced from the food, just in case he was choking on it. But, nope, it seemed he might not have liked it, so he pushed his plate aside and leaned forward to inspect Tour’s eyes. Tour smiled at his words and his compliment and at his sudden wonder at how her father might be able to sit with a tail. ”I’ll be honest, I’m happy I don’t have a tail, with the way that I look it would make flying more difficult. But dad, his tail is, um… placed on his body such that he can sit down on the ground and move his tail to the side. If he sits on a chair, but isn’t often because he’s rather heavy and over seven feet tall, he tries to sit on ones with an open back to poke his tail through. Or he sits on a stool, either way he manages. Though he has a poor habit of tripping people with it sometimes, or having it stepped on.” She chuckled, remembering as a youngster when would be running around and end up jumping on Hacesh’s tail. If he wasn’t ready for it it usually elicited a yelp of surprise more than actual pain, but it rarely failed to make the young Tour giggle at his expense.

”Dad can breathe fire and ice, and a dragon’s mouth his naturally protected from the fire they can breath. As for myself,” She grinned and when he spoke next a plume of frosty mist expelled from her mouth as she spoke. ”I got his ice breathe and magic.” She placed both hands cupped together on the table and focused for a moment. Frost formed around her fingers and the table and when Tourmaline pulled her hands away a flower of pure blue ice was left on the table.

Tour then listened as Fen went into some more details on his parents, curious more than before about his background. His sister was younger than Tour, but his parents were older than she was. When she said that she would help him find his parents the reaction got a smile from her to. But a brow went up in question when Fen mentioned caves, forests and other day places. Interesting little fact, and it seemed he hadn’t meant to say that as he froze the moment the words were out.

He avoided eye contact the next time he spoke, but Tour was starting to put together a few things. ”Fen, I don’t care what you are, it’s who you are that counts, ok? You don’t have to tell me anything you don’t want to, but I still want to help you find your parents.” She told him with a reassuring smile. As lazy as Tourmaline was, it was the rare thing that could actually get her motivated enough to go and do something.
drbuck

Character Info
Although it was a comparatively simple trick to others he had seen, the boy watched her magical manipulation with rapt attention all the same. While the cold breath that escaped Tour’s lips was impressive enough, decorating the table with the frosted flower caused Fenriz’s jaw to drop. When she finished, Fenriz applauded lightly with a grin.

“That’s amazing Miss Tour” In his excitement he fell into his old habits, addressing Tourmaline in the same way he addressed other most adults. “I can do magic too. Watch!”

Letting a hand fall to his side, he pointed a finger at the shadow being cast by his chair. With a few swishes and swings of his hand, the shadow began to come alive. Like he had many times before he mentally commanded it to transform into an animal, this time choosing a cat as a means to show off his abilities. Though it moved like a traditional feline, slinking around the legs of the chair before settling into Fenriz’s lap, it’s appearance was far from usual. It made no noise, even when it seemed to mimic that of a cat meowing, and it was wispy in its look. Pleased with his work, Fenriz smiled at his creation, holding the cat up to the half-angel as if he were showing off a prized trophy.

“Pretty cool, huh? I can control shadows! There’s a lot of neat stuff I can do, too. But this is my favorite” his smile faltered a bit, recalling the conversation he had the last time he had shown off his abilities. He placed the shadow animal back on the ground, dismissing it back to the static shadow of his chair, before turning back to Tour with a serious look on his face, or at least as serious as someone like Fenriz could manage “Miss Lixue says we’re not supposed to use magic to show off though. So this’ll have to be our secret, okay?”

As many had reassured him before, Tourmaline insisted that she was indifferent to what he was. Most who told him that meant it in earnest, but there were the few who did not. Still, if Tourmaline was to help him locate his parents, she would have to know sooner or later.

“Miss Tour have you ever heard of vampires?” Deciding sooner was better than later, he began his explanation albeit in a hushed tone, just in case of eavesdroppers. Though he was clearly talking to Tourmaline, he still couldn’t bring himself to turn her direction. Instead his eyes seemed to scan his nearby surroundings no doubt taking notes of any possible escape avenues in the event she didn’t mean what she said.

“I’m one of them, and my parents are too” Fenriz frowned as he said it, as even now it still wasn’t a pleasant admission. “A lot of people don’t like us. We have to take… blood… from other people to stay alive, and a lot of other vampires have done bad stuff to get it. But even if we don’t take people’s blood a lot of bad things can happen. It… happened to me once, too”

Fenriz fell into a brief silence, the forlorn look in his eyes suggesting he had no plans on elaborating any further on the story he was alluding to. When he did find it within himself to begin speaking, it came with the ability to make eye contact once more. He stood up in his chair, feeling far too antsy to remain seated.

“But that was an accident!” Fenriz spoke at an accelerated pace, as if he was trying to convince her of his innocence before she had a chance to deliver her own verdict. With emotions running high, he lost the ability to speak in the same quiet tone, potentially attracting the attention of the passerby he was trying to keep from overhearing “My parents aren’t the bad kind of vampires at all. They’re the nicest people I know!”

With a sigh, he attempted to calm his emotions somewhat. Though he felt no less anxious about the conversation at hand, he did manage to return his speech to a regular pace and volume. “I made a promise with someone. I promised her that I was going to prove to people that not all vampires are bad. I’ve heard that a few vampires kill people when they feed, but I don’t. Most of the other vampires that I’ve met don’t either”

With another sigh, he found himself staring down the plate of food he had been offered. He mindlessly poked and prodded at his remaining food, nervously waiting for Tourmaline’s assessment “I think me and my parents are the good vampires. But if you don’t want to help me find them, I understand”
Tourmaline

Character Info
Tourmaline smiled when Fen reacted excitedly to the small display of magical power. It was Tour’s turn to watch Fen do his magic and she watched as he drew upon the shadows close by and created a feline like being. That was very impressive for one at his age, and she reached out and gave the small feline creature a scratch on the head when he held it up. ”That’s very cool, Fen, you have a great talent there.” Tour commented as he dismissed the shadow feline and she noted the serious look on his face as it appeared. The words made her raise a brow. ”Ok, I’ll keep it a secret.” She replied with a small grin, but she wasn’t sure about the idea of not showing off magic. Why not? Wasn’t that part of practicing or the fun of being able to use magic?

The topic turned a little more serious as Fen started to confess what he was; a vampire. It was what Tourmaline had been leaning towards in her mind about him, but she didn’t want to come out and just say it. The pour boy though, it seemed he had fallen to his hunger once, but Tour said nothing as he fell into a silence for a moment. She didn’t press for details, it was obviously hard on him to talk or think about so she didn’t want to make him more upset. He made eye contact again and stood up in his chair, declaring what had had happened was an accident.

The half angel let him finish talking before she said anything. Carefully Tourmaline reached across the table and took his hands into hers and smiled. ”Fen, I still want to help you find your parents.” She stated simply. ”I already know that not all vampires are bad, you are proof enough of that, I think anyone would see it, and if they don’t then they are blinded by their own hate.” She frowned slightly. ”I’ll warn you now though, don’t try and change everyone’s minds, you won’t, but focus on those around you, the ones you are closest to. The ones that are hesitate but don’t show outright hate. Think small, dream big, small goals and small victories will add up in time, and you have a lot of time ahead of you.” She hoped it would help, it was meant to, all she could do was she how he would react to it.
drbuck

Character Info
Fenriz beamed both at the the praise he received and her agreement to keep this moment between the two of them. There were likely very few that respected and valued Lixue's wisdom more than Fen, and he knew that she certainly wouldn't approve of the way he had used his talents today, Still, given he wasn't capable of much, he took a great deal of pride in the few things he was capable of. Being reaffirmed of how impressive they were ensured that this was likely not the final time he was going to use his talents in such a frivolous fashion.

Discussing what he was with other people was always an uncomfortable experience for the young vampire, and this case was of course no different. Though he had become particularly close to one, he could still remember the particular disdain his parents held for angels, and much like with Raziel he fully expected that hatred to be mutual. And in similar fashion to then, his expectations were shattered. When Tourmaline took his hand in hers, Fenriz diverted his attention from his plate to her, set at ease by her friendly smile.

:"Thank you Miss Tour" he said, returning her smile with one of his own. For as unsettling as it could be to discuss his vampirism with others, it was always nice to find those that weren't bothered by it. It was particularly reassuring now that he had taken on the mammoth task of changing perceptions on those like him, goal on which she had given him a fair amount of advice, all of it something he likely needed to hear. No matter how many times he was told, it always stung a bit to hear that getting through to everyone was likely not possible. But even he knew he could be more than a little overzealous when he set his mind to something, and so it was good to have his expectations kept in check from time to time.

"Oh, I should tell you that my parents don't like angels that much…" he explained, grimacing at the prospect "Though since I have an angel for a sister now, they'll have to accept them now. Honestly, I'm not really sure why they seemed to dislike angels so much. I've met two now and they're both two of the nicest people I know!"

Staring out into the distance now, Fenriz tilted his head to the side as a thought formed in his head "Maybe that counts as a small victory? If my parents say that vampires can't be friends with angels, then I have to be doing something right if I'm friends with two of them!"

It seemed a little hypocritical on his part, to be on a quest to stop people for hating vampires simply for what they were when he was a son to two who seemed to hate angels for the exact same reason. Along with changing the global perception of vampires, the boy silently added changing his parent's perception of angels to his ever growing task list. But in his mind, this goal was essentially taken care of. If he could introduce them to Tourmaline now, and his sister much later, he was confident his parents would come to see angels the way he did.

"Even Miss Lixue seemed impressed that I was friends with an angel, and it's really hard to impress her" he turned is head to Tourmaline now, smiling all the while "Imagine the look on her face when I tell her I met a second one!"

With no more need to keep his nature a secret, Fenriz felt reinvigorated in the continuation of his missions. This was, until his eyes caught sight of his plate full of snacks once more. He couldn't remember the last time he had eaten traditional food. Why was he so drawn to this one? More importantly, what was causing that uncomfortable craving for blood in the back of his mind?

Pushing all of this to the back of his mind for now, Fenriz picked out a few of the remaining snacks he knew he enjoyed and stuffed them in his satchel before leaping from his chair. Landing near the angel, he looked up at her with a grin before taking hher hand in his, gently tugging at it.

"Lets look around the city, first. Maybe my parents are even closer than I thought! Plus I bet there's a ton of really cool shops nearby!"