Roleplay Forums > Parvpora > Republic of Karith > City of Karith > Race against time [O/R]
Knightromix

Character Info
Name: Hyde Penndragon
Alignment: TN
Race: Human
Class: Dragonslayer/Knight
Silver: 0
Hyde ran through many people, bumping and almost making people fall from the sky, he almost had no time left, the poison might kick in and choke Hyde. He ran through the city, his sword fell to the ground, which was quickly swept up by the armored guards, he didn't care about his sword though, he needed to find what was keeping the city afloat, and fast, that blasted witch poisoned Hyde and told him to find out what was making the flying city, well, fly! In exchange, the witch will give the antidote, thus curing Hyde.

This wasn't an easy feat, however, as the city is heavily guarded and surveyed. Hyde casually walked into the city hall, he needed to ditch the armor, for it wasn't made for stealth. He went to a private area and took off his armor, leaving only his casual clothing, he sneaked down the stairs, but then, someone saw him and sounded an alarm, oh no.

Guards surrounded Hyde, he quickly put on his armor, he pounded his fists together, this wasn't good. The guards were all armed with swords! And the poison started to kick in, thus worsening the pain. Regardless of this, he charged his attackers head on.

"A sword is sharp, but most who use it aren't"
-Hyde
Mezereon

Character Info
Name: Mezereon
Alignment: CN
Race: Elven Deva
Class: Diviner
Silver: 0
Karith was the epitome of alchemical advancement, and the leading power in the art aside from Iria. Today would be her first time visiting the floating city, having been sent aloft as a result of an experiment gone awry. For alchemists, it was the place where anything you needed could be found for a price. The entire city itself was run by it after all. However unlike Iria, it wasn't entirely free from nepotism and power struggles. If Iria were the free-thinking philosophers, Karith would be the scholarly aristocracy. The rulers here were not afraid to use more heavy-handed tactics to ensure their positions were secure. The entire city was painted red, both literally and metaphorically. Although it was an alchemist's paradise, she had heard of the unsavory rumors on how they treated those of lower status. Even prisoners in Egjora were lucky to have a swift and prompt execution, compared to a lifetime of servitude in hellish squalor and toxic conditions. She would need to be on her best behavior, even more so here.

Hours ago she had stepped off the airship she arrived in with Marcasite on her shoulder. The alchemist felt a bit guilty for leaving her dear Harenian lizard Basil behind back home, but the airship refused to accommodate him when they attempted to board. At least father would be able to keep him company. The little wyvern stayed close to her owner while she chewed on a dried piece of fig. Admittedly Liselotte felt apprehensive having her out in the open, as she feared someone might try to snatch her away. Thus she told Marcasite to be alert. Walking through the streets, she heard a loud commotion coming from one side. Was a crime taking place? That would be quite brash, seeing how the council who governed the floating land locked criminals away to the deepest depths without a word. From the crowd's whisperings and gossip there was an altercation between a visitor and the guards. Part of her was hesitant, but the other part wanted to see. Striding over, she peered over the gawking bystanders as a single man in armor was facing off against several equally armored and armed guards. Before she could intervene, the fight started. She would have to act fast, before the man was branded a criminal and thus sent away for life.

"Marcasite…I'll need to ask a favor from you." The wyvern cocked its head as she whispered to it. "It'll be dangerous, but try to distract the man who is dressed differently from the rest over there. Don't attack anyone, but make a ruckus and I'll be right behind you. Gods willing, perhaps we might be able to pull a bluff and get him out of a life sentence." Without further ado, Marcasite took off from her shoulder and made a beeline for the knight. When it was close enough it began screeching and flapping about above the man's head, while Liselotte came running after with a look of concern on her face. "Wait! Sirs, please stop! Oh forgive me, I don't know what's gotten into my pet, she's usually not like this!" Turning to Hyde she looked genuinely surprised as she quickly went to calm down her 'agitated' wyvern. "Could it be? It's you! Milord, what in the world are you doing here in such a state? No wonder my little dear was so excited, she must have caught wind of your scent. Come now, let's get you back to the estate. Everyone has been searching high and low for you ever since you ran off!" She immediately began to tug at Hyde, as if they were well-acquainted. "A thousand pardons sirs, I am truly sorry for any trouble he has caused. Allow me to take him home. I promise it won't happen again."

Her charm and acting was convincing, and if the man protested she would continue to bluff as if he were not quite right in the head. As long as they got off with only a warning and no criminal record, then they would be safe. Marcasite had played her part well, and was now placidly clinging onto her owner.

"Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow has not yet come. We have only today. Let us begin."