Roleplay Forums > Parvpora > Republic of Iria > Sidhiel, The Living Myth > Run Like ... [P|R]
Lueri

Character Info
Name: Lueri
Alignment: CE
Race: Kitsune
Class: Vixen
Silver: 265
There was a rough ticking that echoed through the vixen’s ears. Her body shifted as she low grunt escaped her lips. Her hands gripped the grass below her as she tried to push herself to sit up. Her eyes remained closed as she let out low groans trying to try to fight the thundering in her head. She wanted to snarl out at whoever with causing the ticking noise that kept ringing out, but in the deep of her stomach, she knew it was all in her head. Something was not right. It was quick for her to make that assumption. Her whole body ached as if something bad had happened. The last time she had hurt in such a way, she had been left for dead and barely made it out with pure luck. It was probably one of the earliest stories from her past.

As her eyelids finally flicked open, blood irises stared down at the ground below her. Her gaze with something she had never seen before in her life. The grass was not exactly grass. It was a unique midnight blue. A curse in confusion almost escaped her lip before the thundering suddenly got worse. Her clawed fingers ran through her hair as she gripped her head, trying to the other one to remain sitting up. Nothing was right from the place she had not long ago been in. The ground had been mossy and nothing like this and there was far too much light.

A cry escaped her lips as her body shook the thundering causing her pointed ears to ache. She had never encountered a poison such as this. Visions were passing before her eyes as if she was seeing a story of something that looked just her. A strange story that was not her own. Lueri growled out as she pressed her nails down into her thigh breaking the skin. Blood trickled and soaked a little into her dress, the color just slightly darker than the blood-red color.

Sadly, the pain did nothing to break from the thundering in her head. She was not sure what exactly what was wrong but if you could feel your head exploding, it would most likely feel as such. She bit her lip to try to stop her cries. She could only imagine how foolish she must appear. She did not want this to be her final scene.

The vixen fought every ache in her body as she rose to her feet, her boots not helping her steady her footing in the watery ground. The world around her felt magical and mysterious but there was a heat that could beat the fire in her chest. The world around her felt like it was burning up just like her body was. Just from brushing her face to her head, she could feel that she was running some form of fever. She needed to find shelter… or help. Neither of which, she really wanted to face.

The next wave hit her like a truck. A growl escaped her lips as her upper lip trembled, her hands reached out as she collided with a tree to help her try to remain standing. The thundering echoed through her head louder with each step she took and the world around her was slowly growing brighter. The brightness did not stop until she could see nothing but a pure white light. It was the last thing she saw before falling to the ground once again-unconscious.

Nix

Character Info
Name: Mirannda Sinopa
Alignment: CN
Race: Phoenix
Class: Retired Mercenary
Silver: 174
Somewhere, the phoenix had heard the rumors of certain elves living on volcanic infested islands. There was a town with those who hold the study of magic to great importance. Additionally, there were other whispers of the high potency of magic permeating the air. Unique marble buildings were like giant artwork errect for lodging and shops. Even the nature around was unlike anything she had seen before. Or at least, this is what was promised to her.Throughout her venture to this land, Mirannda could not help but hope and visualize what she might accomplish out here. She would rely upon her appearance as an elf, of course ensuring she had apple red hair versus the black hair that had been labeled as a Lord killer. Shifting her facial features enough to not even appear like the late Jaliza Sardothian. She was dead, and Mirannda wanted her to remain that way. Her arrival did not disappoint her vision. It was astonishing what could be accomplished if one applied the proper dedication and vision to the task.Yet, none in town would have anything to do with her. They didn't care that she was an oddity, an elf who sought someone to assist her with something in the ways of magic. Mirannda merely held her head on high and marched out of the town, deeper inland. If the main port town would not help her, then perhaps the native elves would help her with her plight. Marble and stone gave way to grass as deep as the moonless night, and trees of similar nature. She felt as if she walked into the sky itself.

Everything glowed with infused magic, so thick it was almost tangible. The phoenix marveled at the way everything felt to her senses. While it didn't feel warm and safe, it was wild and strong. Almost as familiar as Mother Flame she could feel from another phoenix. With a deep inhale, Mirannda could almost feel it try and fill her too. Yet, in the distance, Mirannda could hear something odd, the cry of someone in pain. Instincts kicked in and she ran toward the source. Feet pounding the ground, wind ripping at her hair, Mirannda fell to her knees, her momentum sliding her forward and was just in time to catch a woman who was previously gripping a tree for stability.

Something about this scene felt awfully familiar to the phoenix. Not too long ago, it was herself in this situation, leaning on a tree for support, only to collapse immediately after, dependant upon others for survival. Xyaban's words came back to her. The dragoness could have left her to quite possibly die, but stayed by her side for her son. If Mirannda had a kid, would she want it to help? Unable to allow herself to be shown up by the dragoness, Mirannda gave a small sigh. Carefully letting the woman down, not even caring that she had a tail and ears of something else entirely, Mirannda got busy.

First and foremost, Mirannda laid out her blanket, picking up the woman and placing her on it. Never straying far, she gathered enough wood to make a small campfire, lighting it with the scrap of fire magic she recently rediscovered. Next, she pulled her canteen of fresh water out of her pack. Sitting next to the stranger, Mirannda carefully lifted her head to ease water into her mouth in miniscule amounts at a time. After that, the phoenix sat nearby, looking at the flames dance across the blue wood. Perhaps… If she concentrated hard enough… She could manipulate images in it?

Death is only the beginning.
Lueri

Character Info
Name: Lueri
Alignment: CE
Race: Kitsune
Class: Vixen
Silver: 265
The world did not remain dark for long. She could not hear anything that happened around her the moment her body went unconscious, but she began to remember things. The memories danced through her mind as if she was a mushroom haze. It was like she was viewing the life of a stranger through their own eyes. Love, pain, anger, and more; the emotions drifted through each other until they became one dark and deadly haze of red. While she knew little of this woman, the memories twisted and told a story that could have broken anyone heart. The face of the man she saw for a brief moment. The face of a kind and gentle man reminded her of someone in past, however, in her past, he had neither of those things. He had been a terrible man. He was nothing like the woman she came to be, but it was, all the same, his fault. In both scenarios, the end factor remained no different. It was because of that singular man that everything changed – shifted.

Her body shifted in sleep as her pale eyebrows furrowed in frustration. A small whine escaped her lips that instantly turned into a groan. Her eyes flicked open to find the sky above. Her head shifted a little as she hand came up to grasp at her head. The pain echoed through her mind with each thought. She had no idea where she was. Her eyes darted around the sky above, taking note of the strange trees remained as well as the heat. How long had she been out? Her hand dropped back onto the ground below and found her fingers touching fabric, not mud. Confusion hit her and a short panic as she sat up quickly. The world swirled as she sat up and she found herself falling back down again a moment later.

“I let my guard down, I see.” Lueri growled out. She knew that she was not alone. Her eyes shifted to look towards the source of the smell that finally rang clear. There was a woman who rested across from her with a small fire separating. “I will commend you, lady, I have not been drugged like this in a long time. I do not know how you did it, but do not fret, I will return the favor.” Her body shifted to rest towards one of her sides. She did not care to try to play any games right now. If it had been any other case, she most likely would go about it differently. Sadly, she had already learned she would not be moving anytime soon. Blood eyes stared at the woman curiously. She had no emotion of anger on her face, mostly just amused. It had been a long time since someone had gotten the better of her so easily.

Nix

Character Info
Name: Mirannda Sinopa
Alignment: CN
Race: Phoenix
Class: Retired Mercenary
Silver: 174
Flames danced and crackled, luring Mirannda into a deep, hypnotic trance. She could feel its heat, feel it burn, and the chaos of its being. It fed on the wood beneath it, and drank the air above, living and breathing as sure as she did. Between them, there was still a small connection, a small spark that she wanted to fan and grow it to be unbreakable.

Mirannda reached out with her mind, begging for a simple push and pull, to prove she was not still totally disconnected. All the flames had to do was move with her will. For as long as she sat there, nothing happened. A single sound pulled at her attention, breaking her concentration, hopefully for the better. The phoenix had a feeling she'd be approaching a frustrated meltdown if she had continued much longer. It seemed that her unlikely charge was waking up. Until she could see what kind of reaction the woman would have, Mirannda remained where she was, watching her intently.

She let the words from the stranger hang in the air between them, mulling them over. Was she like this herself? Against the world, always out for herself and more than willing to give punishment to those who have wronged her? Yet, the stranger looked amused. With a sigh, Mirannda stood and brazenly approached the woman, squatting near her with the canteen in her hands. "Sadly, you are mistaken. While you did let your guard down, I do not deal with drugs or poisons. A mercenary I may be, but no client has bought my services currently. Nor do I hold any grudge against you."

Her voice was amused. Mirannda uncapped the canteen and held it out for her. "This is just water, regardless if you believe me or not. My name is Mirannda, and the only reason I've chosen to help you is because someone did the same for me not too long ago, having found me in the exact same predicament you are in now. Unconscious and weak, prey for any predator who would happen upon you." Body language, emotions, voice, any tale-tell sign one can read would show she was being sincere and honest.

Death is only the beginning.