Roleplay Forums > Parvpora > Republic of Iria > Iria City > Aptitude tests
Violet

Character Info
Name: Violet Mentis
Alignment: TN
Race: Human
Class: Cleric - Apothecary
Silver: 129
The high natural walls of the city were daunting as Violet walked into Wyllmochvar. It was a city she had heard the worst of tall tales about from her childhood. Wars, fires, treaties, magic, it all sounded better with each breath from her mother. Her brothers had all clung restlessly to the words just before bed, but Violet hated the sound of the city. It sounded dangerous, evil, archaic all of which sent shivers up Violet's spine even from a young age. Now that she was here her eyes looked up at the stone surrounding the city. It was beautiful, so beautiful that her breath caught in her throat. This is where people came to study magic? What a place, what a setting, what a view. Mountains, stone, clay, and grasslands as far as the eye could see, it all tickled Violet's fancy. Taking a deep breath of the salty sea air, she walked the main path into the city, making her way between the tall buildings and towers.

Where Violet had grown up was a wondrous city all on its own, however the grandeur was mostly artistic, here in Wyllmochvar everything was practical and suited the scenery just fine. Full vials of potions clinked together softly as she made her way through the city streets, she was otherwise without noise even as she strolled along. Her wandering proved fruitful as she found the gardens though. Before her very eyes Violet saw an array of eponymous willows swaying quietly in the ocean breeze. Her heart skipped a beat with glee as she stood in front of the public gardens.

Finally someone rudely pushed past her and made their way to a seating area. This was enough to jar Violet from her solitude moment and she made her way forward to collect a few leafs from the trees. The bark and vegetation would prove useful in future experiments; Violet assumed they had magical properties considering the nature of the city. Perhaps after this she would find a kaffekuća to spend the rest of her down time before making her way to her original goal of the library within The Mage Academy Wyllmochvar was renown for. 

Benedek

Character Info
Name: Benedek the Pure
Alignment: LE
Race: Hazan
Class: Exorcist
Silver: 37
It had been far too long since Benedek had been home, and he found himself longing for the savannas again.  He had done some good work in Canelux, but there was so much corruption there.  And he was only one man.  The journey home would serve to purify his spirit, and the man knew that he would need to do more research.  But perhaps he could start here.  The city of Wyllmochvar was well known for its arcane college, and even he could appreciate such a thing.  Especially a place that had a school for alchemy.  A place that Benedek was unfortunately lacking knowledge in. 

Perhaps there would be something he could learn to bolster his spirit in times of duress, or something that he could use to purge the evil from the poor tormented souls he wanted to help.  So many were tainted, there had to be a way to free them.  Other than death of course.  It worked, that was certain.  But it offered no chance of redemption.  He decided to wander the streets a bit, it was a good opportunity to think.  Many people were here, and even in his robes, Benedek blended in well enough. 

But he had been here enough times that he knew a visitor when he saw one.  The young woman had stopped to stare at one of the many gardens.  It was only once someone had brushed against her did she move.  And Benedek found himself curious.  The way she carefully collected leaves suggested knowledge of what she was doing, though it was clear she was foreign to the city.  "Pardon me, miss.  But I am curious as to where you are from.  This city is like a second home to me, perhaps I can aid you?" he spoke, using the common language of Adeluna.  His use of words suggested that it wasn't his first language, but he was well enough versed in its use.

Ryail Morrigan

Character Info
Name: Ryail Morrigan
Alignment: LE
Race: human
Class: artisan necromancer
Silver: 805
Ryail disliked being outside in the day.

he supposed he really did not have any aversion to sunlight exactly but he was a creature of shadows and skulking in the dark. he was still new to the area, settling in perhaps but he needed to meet and interact with people if his public persona was to hold up. so he found himself walking the streets smiling and exchanging greeting with those he passed and now a brief rest in the shadow of a tree. it wasn't much of a shadow either with the sun so bright overhead but it was something and he enjoyed the cool dark beneath the leaves.

He was in a position to witness the girl staring about her, the man brushing passed her and now as she collected leaves from the trees close to where he stood the new fellow approaching.

Ryail heard the man introduce himself and ask the girl if she needed aid. Ryail knew to much of the world to think that this fellow was asking out of the kindness of his heart what he could do for a stranger but as the girl had not yet answered his initial introductions Ryail thought he would make his own appearance, after all if this Benedek was feeling charitable and knew the city as well as he claimed perhaps he could benefit from his knowledge.

walking over to the pair Ryail smiled, he was carful not to overdue the smile just a friendly smile and an easy stride as to not give the impression he was anything other then a new comer with questions himself. "good day to the pair of you" he said addressing both parties with a friendly nod "I couldn't help overhearing and as I too am a relative new comer to this place I thought I could use this opportunity to expand my own knowledge of the city, I'd be interested in any tid bits or even to learn what you do in this fair land as I am looking for the opportunity for work at present and could use any pointers"

there he thought that sounded natural enough, I might get this friendly interaction thing down yet. as he waited for a response.