Hint: Hover over a field name if you want to know what it's for.

Author: Lila, Posted: Sat Jun 10, 2023 10:06 AM, Post Subject: Day to Day [P/R]

Lila smacked her brother upside the head. “We’re not you. We haven’t even discussed that. It wasn’t even on our to-do list I bet.”

Simone let Lewis do most of the verbal talking. She was adding to everything he was saying mentally as not to overwhelm their kids. There was a smirk when Janus called them out on it. “That’s just what parenting is… We just get to cut out the middle man,” Simone added to what Janus said and kissed his forehead.

“We’re not saying you can’t explore and figure out who you are… but please do so safely.” She stroked Janus’s hair and smirked a bit. “You guys got to set good examples for Remy, Damond, and especially Camille. Camille watches everything you do Janus. At least when she gets to watch. You are her biggest hero. So your adventure, the one you are on right now, it matters to her.”

Simone took Lewis’s hand and kissed his cheek. “Lewis is right though. We suffered so you all didn’t have to. That was the point of the island… that was the point of quitting his job… All so we could make sure our family was safe and healthy. It’s not boring at all. It’s just a new set of adventures. You took us on adventures all the time… Remember? Those adventures are what matter the most… Not the dangerous ones.”

She did miss it every once in a while, and so did Lewis… but their family mattered the most.

Simone hugged her kids again and even hugged Myrri. “You three stay out of trouble alright? We need to get back home before Camille wakes up from her nap and demands to come here and make sure you are alright herself.” She put her hands on both kids’ cheeks and stroked them with her thumb. “Remember we’re just a portal away. We’ll drop whatever we’re doing to come to help you. And for God’s sake… please make sure you write home to Camille Janus…”

Author: Argent, Posted: Sat Jun 10, 2023 9:52 AM, Post Subject: Day to Day [P/R]

Janus was surprised at the way everyone was treating him. The worry was something he didn’t understand; Simone and Lewis did things like this all the time. The stories he had heard, the things he had seen…was it not supposed to be like this? A life filled with adventure and danger?

“I’m sorry Mom,” he said finally. “And..I’m sorry Lila. I…just wanted to let them have fun on their first night. And I figured I could get out of any real issue, honestly.”

Lewis sighed and sat down in one of the waiting chairs. “Janus. I get the feeling that’s not all.”

“It’s just…you and Mom went through so much. Exciting adventures and living dangerously…”

“I’m going to stop you there,” Lewis said as he held up his hand. “All three of you need to listen when I say this. What we did when we were younger…Me, Simone, and Xeik…we were lucky to have survived. Hell, there were moments where we shouldn’t have survived. We fought hard for what we have now…we fought hard so you wouldn’t have to go through what we did.”

“But…what about adve-”

“You’re on one right now, aren’t you? Simone and I never went to school. We never had this kind of adventure where we lived with roommates like this, and went to classes to learn and grow. Think of the friends and connections you’ve made here, and how they’re so much different from what we went through. Your adventure might be less dangerous, but it’s no less fulfilling than ours. Hell…it’s probably more fulfilling.”

Janus smiled. “Thanks Dad…most of that came from Mom, didn’t it?”

“Eh…sixty-forty…” Lewis replied, shrugging.

Author: Lila, Posted: Sat Jun 10, 2023 8:48 AM, Post Subject: Day to Day [P/R]

Janus was busy getting looked over by the school nurse for any signs of enchantments or prolonged problems he might have from his imprisonment. Lila wasn’t too worried, he seemed to be in good spirits about it all… For a kidnapping victim, he was sure calm.

Lila was about to shoot back with her own comment when Lewis walked in. She just crossed her arms even tighter to her chest. “Oh… You are in trouble now.”

“Fuck,” Janus said under his breath.

Lila had a wicked grin on her face. “Oh, this is sweet, sweet karma.”

Simone rushed over to Janus and was checking out his face, “I was so worried Janus!” Hugging him to her it was less about the fact it was a fey who lured him and more about how just not careful he was. “You are just like your father was when he was young.” She said it as a matter of fact. They were reckless when they were younger too. “Please… don’t do something like this again.”

“Something like ditching us in a room by locking us in so he could get more girls?” Lila spoke up.

“Something like that… It’s less about the girls and more about you both being safe. We know Myrri and he is safe to us. We don’t know any one else here. You both have your resonance why on Angela’s Good Graces was it off?” Simone was looking between both of them. “It’s not like you both to fight so much. There’s respecting each other sure but don’t ever turn it off unless you have to.” Simone was frowning and hugged Janus to her more. “You should have turned it on and told your sister where you were.”

“I forced it,” Lila said in her defense.

“Lila, we don’t know what that can do to you,” Simone scolded again. “Forcing it hurts but what hurts more is the fact that you two haven’t been getting along like you used to. I understand you both are growing up but you are each other’s greatest strengths.” Simone held her arm out and Lila came over for a hug. “So please makeup with each other… I don’t mind if you two fight but please don’t harbor ill will.”

Lila grumbled and she looked down at Janus. “I’m not sorry for calling you a pretentious ass but I am sorry it took me so long to notice you weren’t in a good situation.” It took a few moments but Simone nudged her. “And I don’t know what I would do without my twin brother. It would be weird.”

“That being said… It’s fine to turn it off when you both are doing something you don’t want the other to feel… The moment you know something is wrong though… You should turn it back on.” Simone looked to Lewis to add anything but she wasn’t sure what her husband could have for them. “You both are still our babies… So it worries us greatly when we get messages like ‘Janus went missing and he’s being treated for enchantments’.”

Author: Argent, Posted: Sat Jun 10, 2023 8:33 AM, Post Subject: Day to Day [P/R]

The incident involving Janus was resolved rather quickly once they ‘rescued’ him. The campus authorities were alerted, and the fae student was taken to be held while her parents were contacted. Ultimately it would end with her expulsion from the finishing school, though what consequences that might have were unknown for the twins and Myrri.

“So uh,” Janus asked as he sipped on some hot chocolate in the nurse's office. “Can I…go?”

“No,” both Myrri and the nurse said simultaneously. “I want to treasure this moment,” Myrri commented with an evil grin. “I will never forget this moment.”

“Oh, you will,” Janus replied. “I’ll make sure of it.”

“I’m going to tell your precious mom, and she’ll be so disappointed in you,” the werewolf boy teased.

Janus turned a bright red, “I swear to the gods that if you tell her anything about this moment, I’ll tell Dad you got Lila pregnant.”

“Too late,” Lewis said as he and Simone walked into the nurse’s office. “They sent for us the moment they found out the incident even occurred. He crossed his arms and looked at Janus with a weird mix of disappointment and pride. “I applaud you for your attempted blackmail, but using your sister is a little low.”

Author: Lila, Posted: Fri Jun 9, 2023 6:10 PM, Post Subject: Day to Day [P/R]

Lila stared in utter disappointment at her brother. “Janus…” On one hand, she was actually happy to see her brother in one piece on the other. “You are a fucking idiot.”

“I’ll give it to you this time… I probably shouldn’t have followed a fey back to her den,” Janus bobbed his head the best he could to his words.

“…” Lila took Myrri’s hand and looked up at him. “We should leave him.”

“Oh, you two finally got to second base?” Janus chimed in. “About fucking time. I didn’t think Myrri would ever grow the balls to ask you out.”

Lila pulled Myrri with her. “It’s not like he’s in danger.”

“Oh… No, I’m absolutely in danger. She’s bat shit crazy.”

Pausing the twin sister looked up at her brother. “Fine,” Lila said out of spit before lighting all the hair on fire. “But the next time you get lured into a fey’s den I’m not saving your ass.” She started to throw his clothes at him. “I’m tired of seeing you naked. I haven’t seen you naked since the Moor’s pond when all three of us thought it was a good idea to go skinny dipping. That was what three years ago?”

It was a pond located in Taevalinn and they had most definitely trespassed into someone else’s backyard to do it. Sure, they could have done it at home but where was the thrill? Lewis, however, hadn’t been thrilled that his daughter had gone skinny dipping and she had gotten an earful.

“Come on lover boy… Let’s get you out of this room…”

Author: Furball, Posted: Fri Jun 9, 2023 5:58 PM, Post Subject: Day to Day [P/R]

Myrri was surprised at how perfect it actually felt with Lila.  It was like she filled the perfect little part in his life that made everything work, and it was so natural.  He was happier than he had ever been.

When he woke up, though, it was strange.  He had expected Janus to come in and make some comment about them, but it was Lila waking him up.  “He never came home?”  He sat up with Lila, and looked around.  Something definitely had to be wrong.  “Can you sense him at all with your resonance thingy?”

Lila’s brow furrowed.  “I think…”  Her eyes went out of focus, and she swayed a little before Myrri held her steady.  “Found him.  He’s still on the campus…”

She led the way, and Myrri followed.  They had no idea what to expect.  Much to no one’s surprise, he was in the girls dorm, only he was in the basement.  An odd place, but maybe he was being secretive.  

“I can smell him,” Myrri said with a wrinkle of his nose.  Janus’ clothes were scattered about as they entered the basement.  There were spare beds, desks, and chairs about, making it hard to see too far into the room.  Finally, they found a bolted door, behind which the scent of Janus was the strongest.  

Myrri rammed the door, taking it off its hinges.  

“Oh hey,” An upside down Janus said.  He looked genuinely surprised.  And was very naked.  Beautiful, silver hair was wrapped around every part of his body, suspending him several feet in the air.  “Guess you caught me just hanging around.  Let me tell you, I have learned a few things about myself tonight.”

“What the fuck?” Myrri exclaimed.

Author: Lila, Posted: Fri Jun 9, 2023 5:45 PM, Post Subject: Day to Day [P/R]

Myrri was just as dumb as Xeik in a way. It was a relief to hear for how long. She hadn’t been imagining it. “So… You’ve literally liked me since we were toddlers?” She was joking with him now.

Lila held his hand tightly and it felt so new from all the times they did so as children. She couldn’t see him really all that well but she nodded up at him. “Yes…” If he didn’t do it soon she might not forgive him. She pulled him to her and kissed him soundly.

It felt surreal and she lingered on his lips for a while. Her face felt hot as a blush spread across it. Her emotions were going full force. So full force that the resonance snapped back into place. She couldn’t feel Janus. That asshole was probably out with a girl.

“…Do…” She took a breath. “Do you want to go back to your dorm and kiss more?” Nothing more than that right now. It was the weekend and they were still free tomorrow. “That and I want to kill my brother when he comes home.”

They got back and sat down on his bed. It was slow and sweet. Thanks to Myrri’s werewolf blood he was so warm to her. She also ran a bit hotter than normal thanks to her own bloodline but as she was finding out… He was quite a bit warmer to her. It felt good. She snuggled into him and they ended up laying down after a while.

There was laughter and talking about when they were kids. They didn’t need to go fast, they had their whole lives. They had made it this long… They didn’t need to be like Janus. Lila fell asleep in his arms and when she woke up she was entangled with Myrri in his bed.

Hey Asshole. She brought herself up and looked over at Janus’s bed. Her eyes got wide. “Myrri… Janus never came home.” What was more worrying as she got up and started to tear his bed about. “I can’t feel him still.”

Where was her fucking brother?!

Author: Furball, Posted: Fri Jun 9, 2023 5:35 PM, Post Subject: Day to Day [P/R]

“A date?” Myrri blinked. Was this a date? He hadn’t considered that it could be. But why would she have wanted to go out on a date with him? She had the pick of the whole school, hell, the whole world. Why would she choose him? But then she just admitted it. The truth of it all.

“You…actually like me?” he asked, stopping her to confirm. “Because I’ve liked you since the day we met. Though…” He blushed. “I thought your dad…hated me so ended up just not pursuing you. And I thought you were looking everywhere but at me,” he admitted. “Cause I don’t know why you would….” He wasn’t even doing a good job at explaining it. “But you do like me…and I like you…so…”

At that moment, the door clicked and a janitor walked in. “This is such a touching moment and all, so can you two just make out already so I can yell at you to get out of the classroom? I really just want to finish this floor and go home.” He crossed his arms.

“S-sorry!” Myrri said suddenly, “We ended up getting locked in. We’ll leave now!” He took Lila’s hand and led her out into the night, where he paused in the darkness. “Do you uh…want to try kissing?”

Author: Lila, Posted: Fri Jun 9, 2023 1:08 PM, Post Subject: Day to Day [P/R]

Lila stared at Myrri. She didn’t want to hurt him anybody but him. There was that hesitation just like Mom said there would be. Simone wasn’t stupid and had seen the way Lila looked at Myrri. She had ALWAYS leaned towards Myrri. Myrri was the only one who had ever been allowed inside the twins’ solid line against the outside world. Janus tolerated Myrri a lot more than most people but it was a direct influence of Lila’s feelings.

It had always been Myrri.

So when he reached up she sort of lost her breath and leaned into his hand as he brushed her hair. She closed her eyes. “Fine…”

She hadn’t wanted to be overbearing with Myrri and she had asked her mother the best way to get Myrri to notice her first. It was unfortunate that he was Xeik’s son. That was most likely going to make this a struggle.

When it came to her father… All Lewis could say was ‘I like him more than I like Llonan’ as he loaded a nightly trap for the prince of Sulwal. So this was good. Lewis liking Myrri was good.

Which when she thought about it made her blood boil even more. “HE KNEW I WOULDN’T TURN DOWN A DATE FROM YOU! THAT BASTARD KNOWS I LIKE YOU!” Her anger had gotten the best of her as she shouted it out. “He wouldn’t stop laughing about it. A date with you was a guaranteed yes from me.”

Author: Furball, Posted: Fri Jun 9, 2023 12:59 PM, Post Subject: Day to Day [P/R]

Janus cut the resonance, and looked across the table at the very pretty fae girl that had asked him out today. Sure, Michelle was nice, but there was something about fae girls that always pulled him in.

If only he knew.

Myrri put himself between Lila and the door, placing both of his hands on her shoulders to snap her out of her rage. “Lila. LILA. CALM DOWN.” He made sure that she was looking in his eyes. Even in her rage, she still looked cute, but no, now wasn’t the time to lose focus. “There are other ways out of here, we just have to think.” He took her hand, and held firmly. As long as her hand was in his, she wouldn’t be able to cast the magic.

At least, that was what he was hoping for. He wasn’t actually sure she even needed hands to cast magic. Janus and Lila both were talented mages in their own right, though where that talent came from wasn’t quite known to any of the kids. Lewis, Simone, Xeik, and Angela were the only ones who really knew what happened, though from what Myrri had gleaned from his father’s notes, it was still one giant mystery.

“Lila…let’s just…sit and think awhile, okay?” He wanted to try something. He wasn’t sure it would even help. Hell, he didn’t even know if she would let him, but he did it anyway. He ran his hand through the side of her hair, stroking it softly. Light and calming strokes, anything to distract her from her anger. “Your hair is pretty,” he let slip without thinking.

Author: Lila, Posted: Thu Jun 8, 2023 5:26 PM, Post Subject: Day to Day [P/R]

Oh this was grating Myrri’s nerves. Janus was being too big for his pants now that his grades were good. His entire persona was ‘Mom is going to be so damn proud of me’ and it was oozing into everything he did. It was how damn overconfident Janus was without being wrong that was actually grating to Myrri.

Janus had oddly cut off the resonance probably because of his perverted thoughts so Lila wasn’t complaining. If only she knew…

Lila opened the door and she was in a cute wintery dress with her hair done up. “Myrri?” She tilted her head. “It’s not like you to come see me. Did Janus do something wrong again?” She was awfully protective of Myrri and would give her brother the biggest tongue-lashing of his life.

Janus, did you do something to Myrri?!

She finally took the paper and looked up at Myrri. “So… You want me to go with you…” She was blushing. “Me of all people? To go look at these books with you?” She squirmed a bit, “Yeah… I can go with you I needed to go to the book store anyways… It’s… It’s a date!”

Jannussss it’s happening!!!! The joy was overflowing on her side of the resonance.

They walked together to an old classroom and Lila walked in. It looked so weird… “Wait… MYRRI DON’T–” Myrri shut the door behind them like a good student. “Shut that door.” She groaned loudly and stopped her foot.

“JANUS ARGENT TERROWIN!” She screamed. “HOW DARE YOU TRICK ME, YOU BASTARD!” She started to unleash hellfire all over the classroom. “YOU BASTARD LET US OUT!”

When Janus filled the resonance with nothing but laughter she cut the resonance and crossed her arms before deciding trying to burn the whole classroom down was the best solution she had.

Author: Argent, Posted: Thu Jun 8, 2023 5:02 PM, Post Subject: Day to Day [P/R]

Without even looking in her direction, his eyes locked with Michelle’s, he waved his hand. “Myrri, you probably should re-read chapter six. Tullin and Juri, chapters four and five. Those are probably your weakest parts.” He gave a half glance towards Lila. “My dearest sister is perfect at the moment, as is Michelle. Though, if you want some private tutoring…”

Myrri slammed his book shut, “I think that’s good enough Janus.” He grabbed his friend by the collar. “And you have laundry to do today, and it’s your turn to clean the bathroom.”

“Ugh, fine,” Janus replied. “Maybe later Michelle?”

Michelle giggled. “Oh definitely later…”

They weren’t exclusive, as far as anyone could tell, but it was obvious that things were progressing.

Janus huffed as he followed Myrri back towards the dorm. Hmm…how can I get rid of these two? Maybe… He smirked. Lila and Myrri were about to get a lot closer, leaving him to his own devices.

It started with an innocent letter addressed to Myrri. He opened it, and his eyes widened. “Wow, a collection of mint condition texts from the Academia de Luna!? Janus, do you know how rare these are? I have to see them. And look here! You can bring a friend! Why don’t you come with me! They’re on display for one day only on the old campus!”

Janus waved his hand, “Boring. Why don’t you ask Lila instead? That’s more her thing.” That, and a chance at a date with you is a guaranteed yes…

It wasn’t long before Myrri was pounding at Lila’s door. “Lila! Hey Lila! Look at this!”

Author: Lila, Posted: Thu Jun 8, 2023 4:24 PM, Post Subject: Day to Day [P/R]

Camille was absolutely overjoyed that Janus was using HER painting over anything her mother said for inspiration. Right now she was Janus’s favorite girl! Her! Not Mom! But then Janus went all Mama’s Boy and Camille realized she still lost in the end to her mother. She guessed it was fine… Her mom was pretty great after all.

Lila smirked a bit and nodded, “Good, we got some cute girls in it that you might like. Consider it motivation.” She needed to throw her brother some kind of bone after all.

Mid-terms were coming up and the twins were working hard at their grades. Professors were impressed by Janus’s motivation.

Lila was impressed by the fact it took him only a week to figure out how to balance getting good grades and still fooling around in the closets. Lila put her arm around Myrri to whisper to him. “We failed Myrri… He’s found a way to be even more motivated about school and still get girls.”

Her torture was still continuing on the daily. Sure, he came to study group but on more than one occasion she caught him playing footsies with Michelle. Ugh, she told him not to do it at the table but Janus probably caught on that she had something to do with their mom scolding him.

“And… that’s all the material for this mid-term,” Lila smacked the book closed. “If we’re lucky we’ll all pass it with flying colors.” She looked at Janus being smooth with Michelle. “Anything you want to add Janus?”

Author: Argent, Posted: Thu Jun 8, 2023 4:12 PM, Post Subject: Day to Day [P/R]

It took some time for Janus to calm down, and much to his surprise, Lila was helping. She probably felt the genuine panic and anxiety he was feeling, and knew that he needed help. When he finally came out and was told it would all be okay, he started to feel better. Even Camille was trying to cheer him up. He knelt down and gave his little sister a hug.

“I’ll hang up your painting and use it as inspiration to keep going,” he said as he ruffled her hair. He stood back up, “I’m sorry I freaked out Mom…I’ll do better.”

Myrri walked up, “Oh? Are you going to join our study group then?” He was asking in front of Simone, so of course he would say yes.

“Ugh, fine,” Janus replied as he crossed his arms defiantly. “I’ll come to your study group…”

“Good,” Myrri replied with a smirk. “But I doubt you’ll catch up in time to be a real threat to being top in our class.”

“Want to bet!?” Janus was suddenly fired up. “I’ll get the top spot, and dedicate it to Mom!”

Author: Simone, Posted: Thu Jun 8, 2023 4:00 PM, Post Subject: Day to Day [P/R]

Simone didn’t want to break his heart and it showed from the look on her face as he ran away. This had been a favor from Lila and Lewis. Sure, Lewis could have told Janus that his mother would be disappointed by his failing grades… but that might not work for the long term but his mother saying it would hit home almost immediately.

Lila had her arms crossed and looked at Myrri, “Had Mom tell him she was disappointed in him. It took a lot to convince her to do it too. Dad and I were talking about how to do it for weeks.”

Mone came over with a sullen look on her face, “You made me be mean to my baby.” She might never actually forgive Lila for it but Lila hugged her mother.

“It had to be done, Mom… It had to be done.” Lila waited for Janus to finally come back and she hugged him really tight. “It will be okay Jan. We can get your grades up in no time.” She had asked him to come back out and Simone even came over and hugged him.

“Just promise me you’ll do better and it’ll be okay…” Simone stroked back Janus’s hair as she hugged him. “I just want the best for you Janus… That’s all.” She kissed his forehead. “I know you’ll make me so proud. Both of you.”

Camille took Janus's hand and smiled up at him, "I'm proud of you Janjan."

Author: Argent, Posted: Thu Jun 8, 2023 3:51 PM, Post Subject: Day to Day [P/R]

Janus was excited when Simone pulled him aside from everyone else. Was she about to praise him for his excellence? Give him tips on how to improve his prank? Was she going to give him private hugs and attention? The possibilities were endless.

“Anything for you Mom!” he said with absolute joy in his voice. The moment her tone changed, though, his heart started to sink. With every sentence, he felt as though he were being weighed down with iron chains. And then the dreaded word came.

Disappointed.

Janus’ world shattered. He couldn’t hear anything else except the word bouncing all around him.

Disappointed.

It couldn’t be. How could she be disappointed in him? What had he done wrong? The grades? Well, he was slipping. Maybe he was paying too much attention to the girls he wanted to date, and less on his grades. Maybe that was it. The lack of attention. Was that what he had to fix in order to get back into her good graces?

“OhmygoddessI’msosorryMomI’lltrytodobetter!” He said quickly, trying to fight tears. He was tripping over his words, trying not to hyperventilate and cry. “I need to go to the bathroom,” he decided on finally, running away.

Myrri walked up to Lewis and Lila, watching as Janus ran away. “What…did you do to him?”

Author: Simone, Posted: Thu Jun 8, 2023 3:43 PM, Post Subject: Day to Day [P/R]

Camille giggled and held onto Janus as he twirled her. Simone sighed a bit. Unlike Lila, Camille was Janus’s girl and always had been from the moment she could recognize him as her older brother. Janus was most protective over Camille. Saying she was fragile and dainty, which she was compared to the other twins. “I’ve been really good. I’ve been doing awesome school projects with Mommy and Daddy. Daddy helped me paint a dragon the other day!” Lewis’s painting skills weren’t anything to write home about but Camille seemed to enjoy it. “Mommy! MOMMY! Did you bring it?! Janus needs it for his room.” Her sweet little voice called out and Simone pulled out a folder.

“I did bring it. It’s right here,” She handed it to Camille and Camille took out the painting. It was caked in layers of messy poorly blended paint. There was a fat blob with what appeared to be wings.

“His name is Spencer,” Camille offered it up to Janus. “You gotta take real good care of him okay? Daddy and I worked really hard on it. Took us fifty thousand hours to do it.”

Simone was behind Camille and she put up one finger. It took her one hour to do it with all the mess she had made.

Camille got put down and she puffed out her face as Janus abandoned her for their mother. Simone smiled up at her son. “Oh… Janus these are lovely presents.” That she had no use for but she would treasure them all the same. “Look Lewis… Janus got me a book on survival.” She decided not to encourage the hair situation anymore than she already did. “These are absolutely perfect,” she kissed Janus’s forehead.

“Can we talk for a minute?” She took her son’s arm and walked with him. Some of the boys around the school were all looking at Simone. After all she didn’t look too much older than they did even if she was over fifteen hundred. “Janus… Are you trying in school? Is everything okay?” She put her hand to his forehead. “I’m just really worried about you. Snowball brought me home a copy of one of your tests. It’s not like you to fail… I’m just disappointed.”

Author: Argent, Posted: Thu Jun 8, 2023 3:31 PM, Post Subject: Day to Day [P/R]

Janus was insulted that Lila had called his gifts ‘crap.’ It had taken him a long time to pick out the perfect gifts for Simone. There was no way that Lila could understand the depths of thought he put into the wooden carving of a chicken that he had selected. After all, how could Lila remember when Janus caught a chicken at the tender age of three? Or the book on how to survive in the wilds? Sure, Lewis was a mastermind at survival, but what would happen if Simone ended up in the wilderness without Lewis, without her powers, and all alone? And-

“Camille! It’s so good to see you!” He said as he set down his ‘crap’ and twirled his sister around. “Have you been a good girl since I’ve been gone? Not causing disasters for Mom and Dad?” His eye twitched when she mirrored Lila, calling him out on the useless gifts. “They’re not crap…they’re…NOT FOR EITHER OF YOU,” Janus replied harshly as Remy and Damond rifled through his stuff.

“Both of you can back off,” he said as he scooped up the presents and fought off the twin boys. “Go find Myrri and torment him!” He shoo-ed them away, and saw Simone. “Mom! Here, I got you a few things!” He immediately pushed past everyone else and focused his attention where he thought it was most deserved. “You like the hair? Lila and I spent weeks on it..but here! Look at your gifts! This one is a map that hides itself when you blink three times! Isn’t that great?”

Author: Lila, Posted: Thu Jun 8, 2023 2:02 PM, Post Subject: Day to Day [P/R]

Lila was excited for today but not because she got to see her parents… It was what could happen with her parents. She was giggling about it all morning. She kept shutting off the resonance to laugh about it.

Neomi was freaking out as she had sapphire blue hair now. Lila had a rosey pink hair. “LILA DO YOU KNOW WHAT HAPPENED?!”

“No, I just woke up myself,” Lila lied effortlessly at least the sapphire blue hair was well thought out. Janus and Lila chose ugly colors for everyone else but themselves and Neomi.

Once they got to the courtyard of students freaking out Lila inhaled deeply and exhaled, “I love the smell of chaos in the morning.” She spoke to her brother and Myrri. Of course, Myrri had already figured out it was them.

“What is that pile of crap in your arms?” Lila pointed to her brother. “When did you even have time to go shopping?”

“First off it’s not crap,” Janus looked down to the presents and held them to him. “Second off, they are for Mom.”

“Mama’s boy…” Lila shot at him.

“I AM NOT,” Janus replied.

“Janus! Lila!” Simone yelled as she waved. It was a family day so most of their younger siblings were with them which got a lot of looks from everyone.

“JANUS!” Camille kicked at her father to be let down so she could run over to her older brother. “What’s all the crap in your arms?”

“Probably for Mommy, because he’s a Mama’s Boy,” Remy shot out as him and Damond were checking out the campus. “Did you get anything for us?” Damond and Remy reached for the presents in his arms to go through them.

"Is all the different hair colors something you two did?" Simone reached for Damond and Remy to keep them from taking from their brother.

Author: Furball, Posted: Thu Jun 8, 2023 1:51 PM, Post Subject: Day to Day [P/R]

In the end, Myrri and Lila started the study group. Even if Janus didn’t end up joining, it would help those who attended build up their connections and friendships, which ultimately was what school was for. Though, when Lila got back to her dorm room, there was a note on her pillow addressed to her.

The school year was broken up into semesters, and in those semesters there were a few opportunities for parents to visit their children on the campus. One of those days was coming up…

Myrri was excited to see his parents, and woke up early that day. He dragged himself into the bathroom and took a quick shower, trying his hardest to wash the sleep out of his eyes. From what he could tell, he was in the top 10 percent of students. He wouldn’t receive those official stats until the end of year when they took their finals, but he was positive he’d end up high on the list. The boy was disappointed, though, because he expected to be in competition with the Terrowin twins. Lila was keeping up, of course, but Janus had been falling behind…

He turned the water off and reached for his towel, drying off his face first as he stepped in front of the mirror. Something seemed a little weird, and he wiped the mirror, only to find that his hair was a bright bubblegum pink.

“What the fu-”

Janus awoke to the sounds of multiple students freaking out in the halls, and smiled. Just as planned. He and Lila might have been arguing a lot lately, but that didn’t stop them from having their fun every now and again. And today was the perfect day to do it. He hopped out of bed, and started to get ready for the day. He was going to get to see Mom!

“Janus what the hell did you-” Myrri stormed into their room, only to find Janus digging through the closet.

“Do you think I should give Mom all of the presents at once? Or scatter them throughout the visit?” He peaked out of the closet, and snickered. “What happened to your hair!?”

“Don’t you start, I know full well this was you!” Myrri shot back. Though he did note that Janus had bright blue hair. At least he was playing along in his own prank… “Just…just don’t get into any more trouble today, okay?”

“Me? Trouble? Never…” Janus smirked.

Author: Lila, Posted: Thu Jun 8, 2023 1:37 PM, Post Subject: Day to Day [P/R]

“Mom warned me this was going to be a problem and I didn’t believe her. Janus has practiced being smooth in the mirror for literal days…” Simone had a sharp intuition about these sorts of things. Lila had no idea where she got it from but only if she knew that Simone was one of the leading writers for romance. She knew how to tell these things and knew them well.

Lila thanked Myrri and then watched him as he fumbled his answer. Her poor Myrri… Maybe she was distracting him and what if Uncle Xeik didn’t approve of that. How would she convince them to let her date their son. That was an instant fear that she had to squash before Janus found it.

Once they were out of class Lila made a face at Janus, “Thanks for the warning because he didn’t warn me. Per the usual.” Janus’s head was in a completely different space when he was with a girl. He was too distracted by making it to his base that he forgot that his sister could hear and feel everything he felt.

Lila took a deep breath, “No… NO… You’re going about that the wrong way. If we want Janus to pay attention to classes… We need to actually contact someone who can make him listen.” He didn’t need to study… That much was certain but he didn’t care one way or the other about his answers. He cared about making it just enough and that was what was showing in his grades.

“It’s time to write home to Dad.”

She got out a piece of paper and started to write.

‘Dear Daddy,

How are you? Is everything going well at home?

Because it’s not at school. Your son is purposely failing tests because his respect for this educational institution sucks.

Do you think you can weaponize Mom just this once?

Love You Dearly,
Lila’

She whistled and a little round bird appeared out of a gate. “Here you go Snowball… Can you make sure this gets to Dad?” The bird saluted her and he put it in his beak taking off.

“Let’s see Janus get out of this one.”

Author: Furball, Posted: Thu Jun 8, 2023 1:26 PM, Post Subject: Day to Day [P/R]

Myrri got a shiver down his spine a few moments after taking the note, and wondered why his senses went wild, detecting danger. It wasn’t until Lila snatched the note at first chance, reading it. He wondered, briefly, if she was jealous of the girl giving him a note. Unlikely, he thought to himself as he shrugged it off. It was much more likely that she knew it was about Janus.

“Janus has a lot of admirers,” he whispered.. “I’m actually amazed..” He sat at attention when Lila was called, and when she answered effortlessly, he had the widest grin on his face. She was confident and elegant in her answer, and a beauty to behold. “Great answer.” When she sat down, he still had a stupid grin on his face, and was unprepared when the teacher called on him for the next answer.

Class went by without any additional incidents, and Myrri followed Lila to their usual mid-class hang out spot. “There he goes again,” Myrri commented as Janus was led into a closet. “Might want to cut your resonance if you haven’t already.” He looked at Lila with a curious expression. “I can’t even begin to imagine what that’s like…” He wanted to touch her hair, but stopped himself. She looked cute when she was mad at Janus.

“How does he even find the time to sneak off?” Myrri said, taking his mind away from Lila. “You know what…maybe we should start a study group. I know a few good kids in the class we can talk to, and we can force Janus to come with us. Maybe that will slow him down?” He was grasping at straws, and knew that ultimately Janus could just sneak off, even with Lila keeping tabs.

Author: Lila, Posted: Thu Jun 8, 2023 12:49 PM, Post Subject: Day to Day [P/R]

Lila’s face was hysterical as she just stared with her mouth agape. He was exactly like his father. Oblivious as all hell. Getting him to notice her as a woman was going to be a hell of a job. If only she knew that Myrri actually liked her and was pussy-footing around actually asking her out.

“I give him a day,” Lila finally got the words out of her mouth once she could control her facial expression. “He’ll find a new girl here soon enough to pursue. I told him if he tries with Neomi I’m going to cut his testicles off.”

Flashback

“So the last girl didn’t work out,” Janus said during lunch.

“No shit… You had zero in common with her and you were just using her lips to practice,” Lila said as she sipped on her tea.

“… What does Neomi li–”

“Not a fucking chance,” Lila brought her tea down and picked up her knife from her food. “Try and I’ll cut your balls off.”

“Point taken and heard,” Janus said a bit down that he couldn’t try at least hooking up with Neomi once.

She was protective of her new friend and there was no way she would let her sleazy twin ruin that. “Neomi is too good for him.” A bit harsh for her twin brother but he was in an interesting phase in his life where he was an absolute douchebag to girls. So he didn’t need to apply for being Neomi’s boyfriend or even think about applying. Lila would pull out all the stops to make sure it didn’t happen.

Once they were sat down in the classroom Lila’s jealousy flared up as she saw a girl passing a note to Myrri. She could burn it. She absolutely could make it so that Myrri had no chance of reading it or responding. This white-haired bitch had no clue who she was messing with. Her eyes narrowed on her prey and realized she was no better than Janus.

“What the hell was that about,” Lila reached across and ripped the note out of Myrri’s hand. Her jealousy knew no bounds, courtesy of her very jealous parents she was sure. She let out a snort as she read it. It was for Janus. There was relief and then there was aggravation. Now they were interfering with Myrri. “Of course, it’s for the manwhore.”

“Lila Terrowin, what’s the answer for the last paragraph read,” the teacher caught her talking and tried to make an example out of her.

Unfortunately for him… It was material her mother had already gone over and she answered it based on her memory.

The class stared impressed at her and Lila sat back down. The teacher was staring at her dumbfounded. She wouldn’t be undone by a silly thing like this. Unlike her brother, she cared about the grade she brought home.

Author: Furball, Posted: Wed Jun 7, 2023 4:49 PM, Post Subject: Day to Day [P/R]

Myrri smiled, “Oh so you have someone you like?” He smirked and jabbed at her ribs jokingly. “Well, if they’re smart, they’ll ask you out quickly.” He turned his head to see Janus again, missing whatever reaction Lila might have to that statement. “Look at him go! Wonder how long this one will last?”

Class was starting soon, so Myrri and Lila made their way to the classroom. As per usual, they sat near the back, which seemed to work for them. The lesson went well, and soon they were given personal study time, which Myrri took to heart and pulled out a book to start reading. There was a loud ‘psst’ to his left, which he didn’t notice. Then another one, this time louder.

“Hm?” Myrri looked up to see a girl giving him a note. He looked at it curiously, and took it, opening it.

What kind of sweets does your roommate like?

Myrri stared blankly at the note, and then to the girl. She was petite, with vibrant silver hair that seemed to shimmer whenever she moved. There must have been some kind of fae in her blood, as her entire presence just screamed other-worldly. “Uh…chocolate?” Myrri wasn’t entirely sure of the answer. That would be more of a Lila question, but he figured giving her an answer would be better than diverting to the poor twin.

At that answer, the fae girl blushed, and nodded, going back to her work. She was very happy that she had an answer.

Author: Lila, Posted: Wed Jun 7, 2023 4:19 PM, Post Subject: Day to Day [P/R]

“Thank the gods he actually cuts the resonance so I don’t have to hear about how he should kiss a girl anymore,” Lila groaned. “It was horrible Myrri… He was using me as a soundboard.”

Flashback to
”Hey… How are you?” Janus slicked his hair back in the mirror. “Do you want to have coffee later?”

“Are you fucking kidding me right now Janus?” Her voice boomed in his head. “Shut. Off. The. Resonance. Or at least give me a warning.”

“How do I sound?” Janus asked his sister with all the hope in his voice.

“Like a pretentious ass,” Lila quipped.

“Hey beautiful, do you want to go get coffee with me?” Janus waited and asked Lila, “How did that sound?”

“Like you’re a pretentious ass.”

“Are you just going to keep calling me a pretentious ass?”

“Yes.”

“They can’t fix my brother. My brother is and always will be a mama’s boy. My mom could come home from the market with groceries right now… and he would drop everything to go help her. I’m actually pretty sure he tried to drop a date late week because he got the feeling Mom needed him. She couldn’t reach the top shelf in the library and was looking for the ladder. He went home to get the book down for her.”

Finally, Lila looked at Myrri and blushed, “Well… Yeah, they asked but I said no. I’m trying to focus on school… and I’m waiting for someone else to ask me out right now.” Gods, she wanted Myrri to notice she was talking about him.

Right now Janus was driving her nuts. He was doing the will he or won’t he. “God damn it Janus just fucking do it already,” Lila snapped in a whisper to Myrri.

Janus leaned over and kissed the third year. “And I’m cutting the resonance.”

Author: Furball, Posted: Wed Jun 7, 2023 4:01 PM, Post Subject: Day to Day [P/R]

Myrri was excited to be at school with his friends. At first he wasn’t sure it was going to work out, but it ended up being better than expected. Janus wasn’t as bad of a roommate as he let on, and Lila was a great friend to hang around. Though to be fair, Janus was hardly around in the room after classes…

“Lila, I don’t think that’s going to matter much,” Myrri replied. “I definitely overheard a group of girls saying, and I quote, ‘I can fix him.’” Unfortunately they had no idea what Janus was really like. Even without Lila’s confirmation, Myrri knew that the twin was dropping each girl for their lack of appropriate traits.

It definitely wasn’t intentional, either. Xeik had explained it one time to Myrri that Janus would eventually grow out of it as most kids did, though it might just take a little longer. The obsession was borderline unhealthy, but he was at least functioning without Simone nearby.

“The more I see him, the less I believe what Dad said,” Myrri commented. “I don’t think he’ll ever stop being a mama’s boy.” He glanced over to Lila. “What about you? Have any of the guys asked you out at all? I know that Jasper kid in sixth has his eyes on you. Though he seems kind of dumb. Pretty sure he failed the last quiz…”

Author: Lila, Posted: Wed Jun 7, 2023 3:40 PM, Post Subject: Day to Day [P/R]

Lila waved to Myrri and came over to him. “Hey! How’s the day going?” Their morning classes weren’t entirely all together but their later afternoon classes were all together. Janus was the reverse of Lila where he had all of his classes with Myrri in the morning and almost none of them in the afternoon. Something about the dean of the school not wanting Lila and Janus in too many classes together because of their resonance.

They were in a short break period before their afternoon classes began and Lila had a few snacks with her. Out of the corner of her eye, she could see Janus with a pretty red head. She was a third year at the school and very popular. Janus had snaked his way around her to see what was so good about her making Lila’s eye twitched. “He was with Janet earlier and now he’s with that third year.”

Man, the girls in this school really let Janus get away with a lot. “They know he's going to dump them and yet they still bite for it.” …Janus really did look like their father and if they went by what their mother said… This was normal apparently.

Lila had her eyes on just one boy and that one boy hadn’t taken notice just yet. At least she didn’t think he did… but again from what she knew… He might have had the same disease his father had. Oblivious.