Roleplay Forums > Parvpora > Republic of Iria > Iria City > Laying Down the Foundation[p,r]
Tidus Amadei

Character Info
Name: Tidus Amadei
Alignment: TN
Race: Dhampir
Class: Lord
Silver: 28
As true to his word, Tidus didn’t care how long it took for him and Zora to conceive a child. They spent many weeks, months even trying and no one could say that the efforts were wasted. At the very least, it meant more pleasurable times with his soon to be wife, and everything else was going right for them and their respective establishments. Her church was getting supported by his city and they reaped the benefits. Some were still uncertain of how trustworthy her God was, but that was the furthest thought in his mind every waking second he was with her. Their love was strong for one another and before they knew it, the servants and others in the court were addressing her as the mistress of the house, foreshadowing their approval over his decision.

Their future union was celebrated also by the Chruch with Reaver willing to give his blessing when the time arrived. He was aware of the terms from the letters exchanged between Tidus and himself. Maalik, Nemesis’ avatar, continued to run the numbers and make sure everything was in proper order between the parties and would relay them back to Nemesis.

Tidus wasn’t sure when it would come, but he knew that somewhere in the sea of their lovemaking, she would eventually become pregnant, right? Zora had already reassured him that it was possible for her to bear his child since her womb came back to life now. He was a patient man, though.

And during recent days, he wondered if it had paid off as Zora would complain about morning sickness from time to time. His servants were sure that she might be carrying, but he wanted to be certain and not make any random guesses. She had told him to fetch Nemesis and he sent out a messenger a few hours ago to retrieve him.

Meanwhile, he stayed by her side and waited patiently until one of his maids returned. “Lord Volkov has arrived. I believe he has a midwife from the Chruch also with him.”

“Excellent, they will be able to tell us, love”, he reassured her as he stood up and left the maid to tend to her. “I will be right back.”

Tidus quickly left the room and headed downstairs to see the god in all his glory admiring the interior of his home. A pang of jealously rang in the younger vampire. He could see why Zora was at times so devoted to making her god pleased. He reeked of power and beauty, a haunting sort on both regards. Never had he met someone like Nemesis before and even in his own home, he felt much smaller. Along with him was a raven-haired woman, looking to be around her mid-thirties, garbed in the robes of sapphire and ebony.

Nemesis’ eyes leisurely fell upon Tidus and the latter was unnerved but quickly regrouped himself. “My humble lord, welcome to my home”, he bowed his head. “Zora is upstairs, feeling unwell for some time off and on again. We hope that it is a sign that she is carrying our child.”

“We’ll have to see. It’s beyond my power to tell whether or not she carries at this stage. Had she been bearing the child long enough for a heartbeat then I’d be able to. This is more of a task for my wife for it’s her domain.” He looked to the shorter woman by his side. “Fortunately my Chruch specializes in many departments, particularly midwives. They are useful to my territories when we can’t get a representative from that of the Chruch of Life. She will be able to tell us what’s going on better than even me.

Tidus bowed his head again and lead the group into his bedchambers. Nemesis came in first and looked over Zora. “How are you faring, child?” There was a distance in his voice, a coldness the murmured in his tone that Tidus here. Yet strangely enough, there was also sincerity and warmth at the same time. He knew not of Nemesis fully, since this was the first time they had ever met. He only had what his love would speak of him and he guessed in time, he would get familiar with this demeanor. The midwife approached with care and rubbed at her forehead. “Lady Zora, how long since your last moonblood?”

Once she had her answer, she requested the men to leave the room so that she could inspect her in private.

Zora

Character Info
Name: Zora Volkov
Alignment: CN
Race: Vaewolf
Class: Speaker of Shadows
Silver: 401
It had been months since she had told Tidus of her love for him and she had stopped drinking the tea that would prevent her from conceiving. It had been sometime since she had been a “live” woman and the monthly blood was not something she had missed. Every time it came she would grow solemn with disappointment. Tidus soothed her well but it didn’t mean she did not worry at her ability to produce. She knew how important it would be for him and could not stand the thought of a surrogate. She wanted to do this herself. 

The sickness had come on about two months prior. She would feel very ill in the mornings and better during the day, a sure sign as the servants who had taken a liking to her assured her. She had not been a hostess to her monthly blood since then, either. Still, Zora did not want to get her hopes up without firm assurance and her belly had yet to do much. The redhead had asked her beloved to send for Nemesis as she lay in the bed feeling very ill. She had hoped there would be some kind of balm for her suffering. 

“I’m sure everything is fine, m’lady. I’ve had many children and this is exactly as I remember it to be,” the maid with her assured her as Tidus went to receive her Master. It was at least comforting that the Lord Amadei was nearly as jittery about it as she was. She guessed that voicing it into the universe had made them both want it even more. 

Zora felt Nemesis’ presence before he came through the door. The pacing wolf within her quieted at the commanding and comforting presence of her alpha. “I feel very unwell. Probably about as good as I look.” She rolled her eyes at her frustration. “Though Louise here was assuring me that my ailments remind her of her own pregnancies.” She gestured to the maid sitting next to her. She seemed to fall into a timid silence in Nemesis’ presence. He had a way of doing that. 

“It’s been about two months,” she answered the midwife, who seemed hopeful at the response. She asked the pair to walk out as she pulled back the covers to examine her. Louise stayed sitting at her place by her side, checking the cold rag around her neck to be sure it was still cool. The midwife felt around as Zora winced, trying to relax but not having much luck. After a minute she washed up her hands and invited the men back in. 

“Congratulations Zora and Lord Amadei. You are expecting.” She smiled. “She is about three months along already from what I can tell. Which means the nausea will stop soon but I’ll leave some herbal tea for her.” 

Zora beamed excitedly, feeling a weight lift off shoulder and joy take its place. She grabbed Tidus’ hand and placed a soft and chaste kiss on his lips. “When will we be able to feel it?” 

“Soon. Within the month.”

Zora couldn’t wait until she could feel a little foot or a hand or even a tiny flip. Louise leaned up and patted Zora’s hand. “I told you, my dear!” 

Zora looked to Nemesis then, waiting for his approval. 

A constellation of tears on your lashes
Burn everything you love then burn the ashes
Tidus Amadei

Character Info
Name: Tidus Amadei
Alignment: TN
Race: Dhampir
Class: Lord
Silver: 28
Nemesis could peek into the mind of Tidus with simple ease, and his fears were acknowledged silently. The lord of this castle wasn’t a fledgling by any means, but compared to Nemesis’ longevity, he would have seemed like one to the alpha. He supposed that even if he was not a divine, those fears would remain similar. This devil’s angelic face could easily charm just about anyone, and he had used it for countless years for such and his power and manipulation led to him rubbing elbows with some of the strongest people back in his former homeland. He was beautiful, intelligent, and deadly- perhaps the most dangerous person one could come across in Revaliir. He was aware that Tidus might have heard more about him as he spent time with Zora, but meeting him face to face seemed to unnerve him.

Tidus tried to push aside his feelings on the matter and led the God into the room where Zora was been tended to with one of the maids she’d taken a liking towards. He had made sure that Louise would personally see to her whenever she stayed and he was comfortable enough to trust her as well. Just as he would have to trust the midwife that Nemesis brought with him as she did some inspecting with her before they were ushered out. “Fret not, should there be a child within you, it is very natural to feel that way”, he spoke, knowing that she’d have her hands full in that case to be concerned about her appearance. Especially since she was completely new to this delicate sort of situation. He could feel Tidus being nervous, again, a natural reaction for someone in his boot. The god took his leave willingly while Lord Amadei left with a bit of reluctance and closed the door behind him.

Standing closeby to the door, his concern for her caused him to be a little less patient while Nemesis stood against the wall opposite of him and crossed his arms. “Normally, I would have liked to be informed of these things prior to giving my approval, Lord Amadei.”

“What? Approval for what?” His tone was a bit abrasive but he held his tongue when he noticed it.

Unfazed, Nemesis continued, “Of your decision to procreate. You see, I have yet to inform Zora of a particular rule I enforce to keep the Volkovs in check. I had a family prior to this one, but it was more of a collective. Allies and what was left of the vampiric family were joined, but their individual wants and desires clashes with one another and before long, even I couldn’t control the backlash. Which is why I now keep my numbers smaller, granting those that request to expand the family either mine or one of the other alphas’” Of course, his first child and ex-wife were busy in her own affairs these days, so it rested on the shoulders of himself and Celeste.

Tidus frowned deeply, not taking kindly to the fact that he needs permission from someone else if he made the decision along with Zora to have more children. He was about to speak up his concern about it when Nemesis held a finger up to stop him. Almost as if on command, he did so. “Of course that was my initial thought. Two things I had to take into consideration came afterward. One, I am aware of how badly Zora wants to have children. I believe that she deserves that right. Secondly, they won’t be Volkovs from my understanding. Your children would be Amadei, correct?”

He gave him a soft nod, almost as if he questioned why they wouldn’t take after their paternal name. “A rhetorical question, I know. At least in this manner, they can still be associated with my family, but not exactly directly which proves fruitful for both parties.”

“How do you figure that?”

“Aside from them not being hunted down for being directly related to my family, for starters. Not everyone looks at me as a savior. Plenty believes that I and mine are monsters and would be willing to take any opportunity to get at me through any means, whether they be friends, family, or even children.”

Before their conversation could continue, his midwife summoned them back inside for the good news. Tidus’ face shifted into one of bliss once he learned that their assumptions were correct all along. A child. She was carrying his child inside her after plenty of attempts of trying. He joined her side and placed a kiss on the top of her head. “Excellent, my love. We will start planning for the arrival soon. One of the rooms has to be prepared for them, and I will have someone seek out whatever you need during these times, and I have to make the announcement of the birth and wedding soon… “

“Breathe, boy. All in due time.” Nemesis beckoned for the midwife to finish up with a finger and then looked to the happy couple once more. “I will have some of the Church’s ladies look after you from time to time to keep with your progress. You will be relieved of your duties in preparation for your child, Zora. Get plenty of rest, dear child. You both will need it in the coming days.” He nodded at them before they took their leave, quickly and quietly as shadows did.

“My love, I look forward to seeing what our child would look like.” He found himself excited about creating someone that only he and Zora would share. A part of him didn’t care whether they were a boy or girl- they would be a part of him as much as a part of her as well.

Zora

Character Info
Name: Zora Volkov
Alignment: CN
Race: Vaewolf
Class: Speaker of Shadows
Silver: 401
Ordinary people who did not know the intricate manner of the God might have taken his demeanor the wrong way. In fact, she wondered if Tidus might and would need to speak with him about it later. Their bond was intricate, and Nemesis had never been one for flowing words of affirmation. She always knew where she stood, though, and that was what mattered most. The comfort his presence and aura brought to her was something she couldn’t not explain. She had never recovered her memories. All she could go by was the feelings she was given. 

Zora leaned against Tidus when he scooped down to place his gentle kiss on her head. She hoped this did not mean he would be treating her like a glass doll. After all, she might have been pregnant, but she was still a vaewolf- very much a strong creature by nature. 

Nemesis relieved her of her duties, something that surprised her. Though, the Church was at a stable state at this point in time where they could sit back and accrue wealth and wait for the next opportunity. Not that she objected to some time to relax, but she wondered what she would do with all this spare time. Though, as Tidus had said, there was a room to decorate and a wedding to plan. 

“We appreciate your blessing, my Lord,” she called to them as they disappeared out the door and into the shadows with naught a trace of them being here. For a moment she wondered if it would be different wielding magic while carrying a baby inside of you.

After a moment, she shrugged to herself before pulling Tidus down to sit in front of her. “We did it,” she nearly squealed, as if this wasn’t something men and women around Revaliir were accomplishing every day. A hand on each cheek, she pulled him to her, placing a soft and lingering kiss there, pausing a moment just to feel his presence and breathe him in. 

“Now tell me,” she said, resting the back of his hand in her palm as her fingertips slowly moved and made circles around his flesh. “Which do you want to do first? It honestly makes no difference to me, but it might matter in the court of lords and royalty.” 

After a minute, she took his hand and pressed it against her belly. The area was taught from hardening to protect the child and there was the slightest hint on a bump there. “Any special family names?” Her face fell for a moment that she could not remember her own family. Perhaps there was someone in it who was worth remembering. Father? Grandfather? She did hope it was a boy for Tidus’ sake but knew she would ultimately be happy as long as it was healthy. 

A constellation of tears on your lashes
Burn everything you love then burn the ashes