Roleplay Forums > Parvpora > Republic of Iria > Iria City > To Find Another Way [p/r]
Firesong

Character Info
Name: Drake Alzrahi
Alignment: CG
Race: Celestial Dragonstar
Class: Dragon Knight
Silver: 787
It hadn't been a planned stop for Drake, but the idea of a place where he could study his magic, even if for only a moment, was more than tempting.  After having Lord Drae release the hidden potential in him, he had not had many opportunities to really explore controlling it as he had hoped for.  There was a certain magical mishap that sent him across the world, which was admittedly the reason he would want to seek such council.

I've got the physical portions down… He thought to himself.  As he tightened his cloak around his hidden draconic wings, he let out a sigh.  Okay, maybe I don't have it down.  But at least I haven't caused an incident yet.  With that thought, he looked around.  The streets were filled with people, several sitting aside and discussing the recent happenings.  Drake caught a few conversations on the side, but overall none of it was catching his attention.  His primary focus was-

"…-ack wings, and so…"

Drake perked up, turning.  "Excuse me," he said, walking up to the nearest debate about some new magical based game.  "Did I hear someone say black wings?"  The two in the heated debate shook their heads, and apologized.  Drake apologized in turn, and started to ask around.  Not a single person had mentioned anything about black wings, or anything even close.

Did I just imagine it? He wondered to himself.  "No…I definitely heard it.  But it wasn't the angel with black wings.  No…celestial.  She would be of celestial decent."  The magic can wait.  I'll keep asking around.  I should have more than enough coin to stay a few days.  …for once….  

Sorin

Character Info
Name: A
Alignment: None
Race:
Class:
Silver: 180
The freehouse was a hubbub of activity in any city, with all races and classes managing to cast aside their differences if only to enjoy one more drink. Men dined with mages, who drank with elves, who feasted with rogues, a man’s worries being cast aside the moment he stepped inside the establishment, replaced instead with a tankard in one hand, hot food in the other.
So of course, it was not the sort of place that Lyra would ever have visited in her previous life, one where she was far to aristocratic to engage people in such places as this, where drinking and fighting was rife, the noise emanating from each table combining into some chaotic din that drowned out any thought that threatened to deviate from the general theme of enjoying oneself. Lyra would have been far more likely to be attending some social function, constricting dresses and the soothing sounds of a harp replacing the almost neanderthalic behaviour often displayed by people in a freehouse. She genuinely enjoyed such events when she was younger, but now she felt more at home in the freehouse – or at least sat outside – listening to the din from indoors, nursing a tankard between fingers which seemed far too elegant and slender to be doing so. She didn’t actually like the taste of the alcohol found in such places, finding it far too bitter and strong for her taste, but alas, the fine wine she was used to was not the sort of thing they served here. That, and anyone not seeming to take an avid interest in alcohol clearly didn’t belong, and the last thing that Lyra needed was to not belong, hence her holding a drink she didn’t care for.She pulled the green cloak tighter around herself, not wanting to attract any undue attention; she had found that wanting to be left alone usually resulted in people respecting that, so long as they weren’t too drunk. However, she often found that she was quite eager to see other people, and that they often didn’t seem to notice a stranger panning their eyes over the crowd in front of them. As she watched the street in front of her, taking note of children playing, wives making their way home, and traders packing up their stalls after a long day of work. Within the assortment of people, Lyra noticed one who didn’t quite fit, a stranger. He was cloaked, similar to her, yet it seemed to be hiding something, the material seeming a bit too big to be hiding mere flesh. Ordinarily, she wouldn’t be too interested in someone who wasn’t entirely human, having seen enough of them in her lifetime, but the fact this one was hiding something was odd. Perhaps it was a weapon, maybe something else; who knew? Her curiosity was roused now, and she was interested in this stranger, whoever it was.She saw them ask a pair of men about something – she couldn’t quite hear – but whatever it was, the men didn’t have the answer they were looking for. Lyra watched the stranger leave the men alone, clearly thinking about what to do next. She paused a few seconds, before putting down her drink, walking over to the stranger in a manner that she hoped wouldn’t come across too conspiratorial; two cloaked strangers engaged in conversation was not a subtle sight.“So, what are you after?” she asked, her words making the request seem merely out of curiosity, her accent – one of thoroughbred aristocracy – making it seem like the start towards a more sinister end goal.
Firesong

Character Info
After so many disappointments, Drake was genuinely surprised when someone came up to him.  Even more curious was that they had been watching him.  This, combined with their shady nature sent Drake into a near full guard immediately.  However, as they spoke, Drake's guard lessened.  It wasn't that he felt a woman less capable, more that he knew that he could take her in a fight if it came to it.  

Still…shady or not, it wouldn't hurt to ask.  It's not like this is overly private information.  He cleared his throat, his silvery green eyes shimmering slightly.  "Er…I'm not sure if it's exactly something that can be found.  Still…I'm looking for a woman, shorter than I, with raven hair.  Now, I know that's not overly specific, but…"  He sighed.  "She would have black, angelic wings.  A celestial.  I've been trying to make my way to Zets'ki, where I know their kind reside, but it's been….difficult."  

"Though, if you're intent on helping," Drake said with a smile, holding out his hand.  "The name's Drake.  It's a pleasure."  

Sorin

Character Info
Race:
Class:
Lyra noticed the stranger tense as she spoke, and bussed that he was a warrior of some sort, or at the very least a man who was used to unwelcome surprises and endowed with the knowledge on how to avoid them. She would have liked to put herself in that category, but knew full well that she wouldn't fit, not having nearly enough experiende: while turning from lady to some sort of thief had been a fun journey performed with terrifying ease, lady to hardened warrior was another thing entirely, and not something she thought she would be able to lay claim to any time soon. However, despite this, she saw the man relax slightly, and inwardly rolled her eyes, certain that the fact her voice was a few tones higher was the only reason he was doing do. She listened to his description, and raised an eyebrow.A celestial? Lyra had heard of the species, but had never seen one; she had assumed that it was a generic name given to anything which displayed powers that could be seen as angelic, but clearly not. At least, this man appeared to be under the impression they were real, and who was she to tell him he was looking for something that didn't exist? Heavens knew she was still relatively new to the adventuring business, and while she was enjoying it, found that all the skill in the world couldn't replace the ability to believe those who seemed like they knew what they were talking about. "A short woman with raven hair…" she repeated slowly, her voice holding a tone of amusement. "I hope you realise that I could point out a dozen or so people on this street who fit that description… why exactly are you looking for her?"To say she was mildly curious as to what this man was wanting to find a celestial for would be an understatement: she was the cat, and curiosity was holding a knife poised inches from her flesh. If this missing person was an angelic as the stories would have her believe, then more than one interesting answer could be provided to any number of questions Lyra held.She ignored the man's hand and didn't proffer her own, partially because her focus was on the possibility of meeting a celestial as opposed to sharing names, and partially because she wasn't sure she could trust him. After all, he was hiding something,
Firesong

Character Info
Drake hesitated as she asked the question he knew was coming.  Despite knowing that it would always come, it was always a chore to explain.  After all, without a proper explanation, it made the draconian sound as if he were a raving madman.  "I…have a complex issue," he started.  "A few months ago, I started having these dreams.  As it was explained to me by Magnus and Lord Drae at a later point, I have…a second soul of sorts residing within me.  Another me, from another world…"  He looked aside for a moment, trying to make sure he had spoken correctly.  "These dreams I have…of this other world, are so vivid…. There was a great city in the sky, lead by a mad darkness that threatened the world.  There was a great wyrm that wrapped itself around the essence of magic, and threatened to devour all….a land that was once great…"  His eyes were filled with a sense of fantasy, as though he longed to visit this world.

"However," he said, coming back to reality, "There is a single dream that happens more than most…of the woman I described, and of fire and destruction.  According to Lord Drae, there's a possibility that she exists in this world as I do, and that same possibility that she has another like I do.  It's a far off chance, but maybe it would cause my dreams to subside."

Or make them worse.  Drake frowned at the thought, but chose to push it aside.  Though it may be reality, he knew better than to dwell on such things.  He would deal with that if it came.  

"It sounds like the ravings of a madman…but Lord Drae is the Keeper of the Keys to the Secrets of Knowledge and the Arcane…a powerful deity….I doubt his wisdom would lead me wrong."  

Sorin

Character Info
Race:
Class:
By now, Lyra was not entirely certain if this stranger was in a state of mind which meant that roaming the streets of a city was a good idea, although whether they themselves were in danger was another question entirely. She could see the longing in his eyes, and recognised it as the same look small children had when told about fantastic events by their parents. The issue was that children tended to grow out of it, and this stranger seemingly had not, instead left to believe dreams of a airborne fortress. As for looking for a celestial creature in the hope that I would cause the dreams to vanish? It seemed a strange concept; unless the celestial was a healer of some sorts, Lyra doubted that they would be able to do anything. Still, it would not do to allow a stranger such as this to roam the streets, no matter how unhinged they sounded.

"I've never heard of this Magnus and Lord Drae…" she began, speaking slowly as she thought of a way to frame her words, "…but clearly you put great stead in their words. Still, what do you want this celestial for? To take you to…." she paused here, unsure what to say. "… the other place? Either way, if you are looking for them, heading closer to Zets'ki may be the better idea: it is nigh impossible to find someone in a city such as this, especially if you don't know them."
Firesong

Character Info
It was strange.  Drake hadn't really wondered exactly what he was looking for when he found the raven haired woman.  He crossed his arms, "I guess it's hard to explain.  A nagging feeling, as though it's meant to be?  What do you call it…Fate?"  He shrugged.  "I don't know what I expect when I find her.  The reality is, it may be nothing more than just a silly game the Gods are playing, for all I know.  This world, from what I understand, is similar in nature to the other one.  And though it may not make entirely much since, there are things that are close.  There may not be a fortress in the sky, but there are grand airships with powerful magic…it's entirely possible that what I've seen in my dreams could one day become a reality for this world…"

Drake let out another sigh, shaking his head.  "But to have never heard of Lord Drae.  Magnus, I can understand.  They're both in charge of Tar Eisalae.  It's a massive library…amazing, really.  It supposedly holds all of the knowledge in all of existence.  Though, to be fair, I'm not sure how much of that is entirely true, but I have to give the Gods their credit.  It was there I had my own magical powers…er…unleashed."  The phrasing was intentional, as he barely held control over a small percentage of his power.  The lest ray dormant, in the image of a sleeping black dragon in his mind.  But that was hardly relevant.  

"Sorry.  I guess this is a bit much to be explaining to a stranger."

Sorin

Character Info
Race:
Class:
The possibility that this man had lost touch with reality was now sounding like an utter certainty, but at the very least, he claimed to know the caretaker of a library holding all knowledge… Perhaps, if she helped him with his own task, no matter how strange it seemed, he would be kind enough to show her where such a library could be found, if it was even a physical place; while she doubted the validity of the world the man seemed to see, she was fully prepared to accept that somewhere which held all earthly knowledge might be arcane in nature. 

Beneath the cover of her hood, she raised an eyebrow when he mentioned airships. While she knew certain sorcerers could fly, and creatures with wings were capable of lifting themselves off he ground, she wasn't sure she believed that such a contraption as a 'grand airship' might be possible. She also didn't subscribe to the idea that there were many worlds outside of her own plane of existence, leaving the stranger to be little more than a man who had eaten some strange food, or who's magic was affecting his mind in some adverse way.

"Well, I suppose it's a bit strange compared to the things I am usually told about, but I suppose I've heard stranger," she lied, fully aware that some alternate dimension where giant airships existed was the strangest thing she had heard of in a long time. "Still, if finding some celestial might help ease these dreams, then I imagine it would be a good idea to find them. I'd be more than happy to help you: there is nothing to do here aside from drinking and fighting," she said, gesturing to the freehouse behind her. "I don't have the stomach for the former, and the latter is not my area of expertise."
Firesong

Character Info
Drake was more than curious at why someone would be going to such lengths to help him, especially after most who had even remotely offered help had, in the end, merely told him they'd get in touch if they found someone.  As such, Drake was immediately more suspicious than he had every right to be.  But after running into that demon…thing, I'd rather be safer than sorry.   Still, she was offering to help, and even if she lead him into a trap…

Well, being part dragon has its perks.  He nodded.  "Well, other than heading to Zets'ki, maybe we could head to a school of magic and see what they have to say on the subject," Drake said.  "At worst, we walk away with some information on magic."  And I doubt I'll find out much more without heading to Zets'ki, anyway.  I can't expect her to randomly travel across the continent with a stranger, now can I?

Drake started up the street once more, motioning for her to follow.  "My name is Drake, by the way.  It's a pleasure," he said with a smile.