Roleplay Forums > Parvpora > Republic of Iria > Iria City > The Past is Gone [P/M]
AevumEternity

Character Info
Name: Hakon Kilandre
Alignment: TG
Race: Human
Class: Mounted Paladin
Silver: 57
It had been nearly a year and several months since Hakon Kilandre and Aven Alveron were transported into this mysterious world. Their lives thrown into a powerful riptide of fate as they were forced to make themselves anew in this new world. Hakon Kilandre had made a living of selling her sword and offering what wisdom she had to those she deemed worthy of a moral cause of war. Now… Here she sat, within the great manorhouse Aven and her own accumulated wealth had procured for their own and their children's comfort.

The twins had come as a surprise, and as an immense relief- unable to move about for several months had almost killed her- and here she was, still recovering. Exhaling cooly, she dragged the whetstone over the blade, the high pitched hiss causing her some relief as the friction caused the skirt about her legs to warm considerably. She paused, tucking her bangs behind her ears and ducked her head. It had struck her, in those weeks after her dearest children were botn that they were not entirely human. As a resilt, they would outlive their fully mortal counterparts- Aven would likely outlive them… And she was- just human.

She took a deep breath and exhaled waveringly,"…" Closing her eyes tightly, she gently shook her head and slumped upon the bench where she sat. All the stories warning against desiring for immortality meant little to her. She wanted so desperately to be more… In this world. She could be more.

If I don't respond for several days I promise I am attempting to make you a quality post!
Have a wonderful day!
Aven Alveron

Character Info
Name: Aven Kilandre-Alveron
Race: Dark Human/Shadow
Class: Scion of Dark Matter
Silver: 536
Teaching at the Mage academy was quite a thrill for Aven, in all honesty. Coasting off his research, Aven was able to make a name for himself within the magical community of Iria, quickly gaining a reputation for riveting dissertations and even recognization for his work on Magical theory. Of course, all of this took second to what he now saw as his crowning achievements: Jace and Elianor. 

The childbirth had been rough for Hakon, an unexpected twist occurring when, after the first baby, Eleanor, emerged, she was still gasping for breath and turning the bones in Aven's left hand into a powder. He couldn't be prouder as a father, however, especially given that the babies were not fully Dark Matter beings: Aven'd done a ritual to confirm it, both of them had bonifide Souls within them, uncorrupted and as bright as the sun. His heart had nearly burst with happiness to know that they could lead their lives without the strain of dark matter upon them.

However, he had assumed a bit too much. It wasn't even three weeks before random musical notes would begin to ring out around Elianor, and magic particles become attracted to Jace. Aven recalled their meeting with Rashir, and his words describing, 'a new breed'. He wasn't sure exactly what it entailed, but it was certain that neither Jace nor Elianor were normal humans, not in the slightest. 

That, of course, is when Aven saw it. A hunger in Hakon's eyes, a new blossoming of purpose. He couldn't tell what it was, nor what it stood for, but she had found a new goal, perhaps beyond the desire to sharpen her steel on the battlefield. He strode up the path to their home, smiling warmly and waving to Hakon. "Haki, I'm home!"

The Dark does not judge, will not forgive, and cannot save: such is my purpose.
AevumEternity

Character Info
Hakon looked up, placing the Blade aside as she got to her feet stiffly, resting her hand over her abdomen stiffly before moving to meet him. Quickly she wraps him up in her arms and presses her lips against his cheek, feeling somewhat light headed but simply smiling with loving purpose.

she swayed with him in her arms, holding him for longer then usual as she rests her chin upon his shoulder," My love- my love I… Have a question," she sings softly to him as she sways, the lily-yellow skirts hissing about her muscled legs as she presses her lips against his cheek once more.

If I don't respond for several days I promise I am attempting to make you a quality post!
Have a wonderful day!
Aven Alveron

Character Info
Aven blushed slightly at her touch, still not used to seeing Hakon dressed so casually. She was regal in her armor, of course, but when she waltzed up to him in such leisurely wear with her beautiful smile, it was enough to make his heart skip a beat. He kissed her back, giving her a peck on the forehead. "You can ask me anything, love. What's on your mind?"

AevumEternity

Character Info
Resting her cheek upon his shoulder, her hazel-grey eyes flickering to his beautiful silver eyes. She exhales faintly as she squeezes him and murmurs," What…. Ah-" she paused, chewing her bottom lip,"- How can one attain uh- agelessness, my love?" She words carefully, slowly lifting her head to gaze at him

Have a wonderful day!
Aven Alveron

Character Info
Aven faltered for a moment. He did say 'ask me anything'… He sighed, glancing away past Hakon. It wasn't as I felt he hadn't thought about the subject of Hakon's mortality. Especially with Jace and Elenoir obviously taking after him, he could understand her qualms with her limited lifespan. The problem was… well… "I knew you' did eventually ask about this. There are many ways to achieve agelessness, Haki, and they differ as much as the moon and the sun. I'm sure you've surmised, Jace and Elenoir have inherited my particular brand of the matter, where the constant regeneration of cells in their bodies causes their cells to ignore cellular senescence, the process that incurs aging by halting cell replication after a certain time." Aven makes eye contact once more. "Hakon, I won't stand here and tell you that you should not pursue this path. I want to live with you forever as much as anything… but I also cannot sugarcoat the matter: there are very few ways in which a human can obtain agelessness while retaining their humanity. Most processes throw humanity to the curb, as in some respects, to be human is to be mortal. When a being transcends that barrier, their perspective changes, and not in a small way. I worry, Haki," He leaned in to rest his forehead against hers. "I worry in finding immortality, you would lose yourself."

AevumEternity

Character Info
Hakon's hands idly trail down and rest ypob his collar. Her eyes remain low and she exhales quietly,"… I'm afraid of dying a common death Aven," she admits quietly," I always thought I would die on the battlefield before I met someone who would make me feel this way or before I had children. But now I have something to live for," she sighs, resting her forehead against his as her eyes flicker back to his," I… Always revelled in being mortal, in being human… But now it seems like it a curse. I am going to get older, I will be an old woman, I will forget you, I will forget Ellie and Jace- I'll… Become dust and bones." She ducked her head and bit her bottom lip.

" I wish I had just… Died having the twins-" she laughs mirthlessly and ducks her head,"- I'm sorry, I shouldn't say that but please. i don't…" her voice lowers to a whisper," I don't want to be left behind."

Have a wonderful day!
Aven Alveron

Character Info
Aven smiles gently, wrapping his arms around Hakon tightly, cradling her and swinging ever so slightly. "…and I couldn't bear to leave you behind, but I don't want you to become like me. Humanity may seem superfluous and useless while you have it, but it's truly something to be cherished." He hugs her tighter. He knew there was a way for her to achieve it that moment, one that he'd never say. Aven could turn normal Matter to dark, an ability Hakon herself knew: but that ability worked just as well on humans, a tactic Rashir had employed several times. He didn't want to put her through that, or to become anything like him. He couldn't…

AevumEternity

Character Info
Hakon sighs gently and murmurs," Then… Help me find a way to attain it without becoming a monster-" she pauses before looking up at him once more, cupping his face in her hands as she chides quietly,"- It can be fone, there has to be a way to do that." She furrows her brow and gazes at him seriously,"… You get eaten away by that dark matter, I know what it costs you- but I… I will pay my dues- just don't- please don't make me leave you and the twins."

she ducked her head, her shoulders shaking slightly," Please."

Have a wonderful day!
Aven Alveron

Character Info
Aven stroked his hand along her hair, trying to comfort her, but was deep in thought. It wasn't an easy path, and there'd be danger all along the way, but they'd faced worse. "I know a way, one that would allow you to retain your humanity, but it will be by far one of the hardest." He releases her, bringing her to stare into his eyes. "There exists a ritual that performs the same function as my regeneration, to remove the cellular senescence from you cells. That ritual, however, requires a massive amount of magical energy, the likes of which few can muster. Thus, in order to perform it, I would need crystallized Ether, one of the rarest materials known to exist."