Roleplay Forums > Parvpora > Republic of Iria > Iria City > A Call to Earn an Epic [P,R]
Torn

Character Info
Name: Torn Flashborne
Alignment: TN
Race: God
Class: Prince of Epics
Silver: 169
The trip to Pravpora took no more than two and a half weeks, even with somewhat unfavourable winds. This time was mostly spent singing, working, and generally being cheerful about adventuring. Of course, Torn spent his evenings with Keira most of the time, endeavouring to earn her favour. For this purpose, he sang, kissed, came with poetic remarks, showered her with compliments, and did his level best to be a good partner in the bedroom - and he also shared stories. Stories about how he'd lost his past in the storm that washed him up in a fishing village, stories about his dream, the dream which sent him on his journey to gather fame and fortune. He told tales of beasts he had slain, prizes that had slipped through his grasp, and about interesting people he had met during his adventures. But one thing he did to win Keira over above all, was respect her. Always did he accept her rejections, and he made sure none of his companions hassled her.

Finally, the ship arrived at the ports of Wyllmochvar, the bustling city-state ruled by the greatest mortal mages Revaliir had to offer. Torn stood at the bow of the ship, drinking in the visage of the bustling metropol. The Merry Band of Misfits steered the ship deftly into port, where they were greeted by a robed overseer, who came up to the party with a clipboard.

"State your name and business for the record, please," he said, addressing Torn, who was the first to hop onto the pier. Torn, ever cheerful, responded as was more or less true. "We're adventurers, come from Egjora with goods to sell, hoping to explore the lands of Pravpora!" The man with the clipboard didn't seem phazed by the prospect, simply checking off some points on his list. "Will you be requiring to moor this ship for an extended time?" He asked simply, to which Torn shrigged. "Once we've sold off our goods, I doubt we'll need the ship," he said, scratching his head dramatically. "I'm willing to let it go to one of the local guilds for a fair price." The overseer nodded, checking off yet another item on the list. "May I inspect the vesself for goods to declare?" Torn looked to the rest of the crew. The crew shrugged, and Torn nodded. "Certainly."

The overseer came on board, looking at his checklist. "Is the vessel stolen?" he asked, just like that. Torn looked about to say something, but changed his mind. "Yes. We stole it from a merchant in Egjora." The overseer looked at Torn, a little surprised, before returning to his checklist. "So this ship was not originally destined for the Republic?" Torn shrugged once again. "I honestly have no idea. It was stocked and ready to go, and we needed to get off the island." The overseer proceeded into the holds, where he inspected the goods.

Roughly twenty minutes later, he came back onto the pier, having completed his checklist. "Your goods all check out, none of it is illegal here. You may proceed with selling your inventory. I have assessed the value of the ship, and I can offer you a deal. I can take posession of the ship, for the Wyllmochvarian expedition fleet, in lieu of import tax. How does that sound?" Torn immediately agreed, and arrangements were made for the ship to be emptied later that day.

Two hours had passed before the party had sold off the various goods to the various merchants and guilds willing to purchase them. All in all, the venture afforded roughly twelve hundred silver for each man in the company, including Keira. By this time, Torn had already picked up various rumours. As the company had found an inn they could stay in for the night (it had been empty before the band came in and ordered all the rooms), Torn addressed them all.

"We'll rest up here tonight, and maybe for a few days still." To this, the company let out a murmur of approval - several of the men wanted to do a little wenching before they all went on. "After that, we'll have a number of options. There are bandits to the south that needs dealing with, and there's a war between clans in Attaiyo that might bring fortune. Otherwise, there are tales of wyverns breeding in the mountains called Zujiuchu. Any favourites?" To this, the company was eerily silent. All eyes were on Torn. The company did apparently not care. Wherever Torn, their good luck charm, elected to go, they would follow. And so, Torn found himself looking at Keira. "Well, Keira? Any favourites?"

Torn's god rules:
i: Torn can make anyone feel an intense desire to overcome massive challenges, even where logic dictates it should be impossible. This also incurs a blessing to help them succeed.
ii: If Torn approves of - or praises - a piece of music, that song will evermore sound more appealing to mortal ears.
iii: Torn has the ability to summon any creature he has personally slain, to serve any purpose - or transform into one himself.

Voice Actor: Jon Cozart (Paint)
Theme Song: Masatoshi Ono - Departure!
I am KeeXeyn.
Keira

Character Info
Name: Keira
Alignment: CG
Race: Lycan/Rosenite
Class: Scholar
Silver: 1187
The winds hadn’t bothered her at all even when painting. It was when they were unfavorable that it appeared to bother her as she had often watched the skies. During the day she spent her time helping to navigate. If not there at a drafter’s desk not far on the deck. She was busy most of the day with drawing the features that she spotted. 

At night Torn was close to her. She would laugh and smile at his stories. His advances were welcomed but when he began to get more serious she would change the subject on him. She was still so scared. She appreciated it above all else though. It was hard not to consider him anything more but her stubborn mind and heart wouldn’t let her give in.

When the ship finally docked she packed her bag and slung it over her shoulder.  Watching the city she was quick to bound to down to look up at all of the buildings. Sure she had stopped short of the overseer. After they settled the deal and they had sold everything she sighed a bit with the nice pouch of silver. She dropped it into her bag and smiled at Torn. 

Sitting down at the inn she was glad they would be resting. She had good sea legs but like most Rosenites she loved the earth her feet were beneath. Turning her attention to what Torn had asked her, she thought about it. “Well…” She jumped up and walked around. “There is a forest not too far from here. Feeorin.” The name visibly made the inn keeper shake. “There are stories about it being so enchanted most people don’t come out alive. It isn’t visible until it has you in its tendrils.” She lifted her fingers through Torn’s hair. 

“I’ve heard about it from my aunt. You can’t eat any of the food there but in the middle,” she chuckled, “a lake of mermaids. A lake where you can breath the water like air. Imagine you with the mermaids boys. Imagine the stories you could tell.” If anything she learned what the men liked and what Torn had liked as well.

OOC: Brittlez
Torn

Character Info
Torn looked around the table after Keira's suggestion. At the mention of mermaids, most of the company immediately had their heads in the gutter, and it was visibly so. Torn looked at his companions, grinning as he observed their eager (or daydreaming) faces. "I think it is settled, Keira - mermaids it is!" To this exlamation, the merry Band of Misfits cheered, raised their cups, glasses, and flagons, and the whole party drank their fill.

The group stayed in Wyllmochvar for another two days. There was a slight shortage of rooms in the tavern, so many of the men decided to take nights in other establishments (i.e. brothels) whilst others still had parties (i.e. orgies) with girls in their rooms. Torn did not participate in either activity - not only was he not fond of paying for sex, he also was more keen on spending his nights with Keira than chasing skirts around the city - even though he could likely score with any number of young students in the city.

The days came and went, and soon, the party was on the road, travelling towards the fabled lake, to drink in the visage of the lake's inhabitants. Torn was riding his chariot over the plains - the chariot had room for two, but unlike the captain's cabin, the chance to ride alongside Torn rotated. And so Torn kept his companions close - sharing conversation with each in turn, singing with the younger adventurers, conversing with the older ones, and singing again with the elders in the group. Once in a while, however, he'd give Keira a glance and a wink, showing that she never left his thoughts for long.

Torn's god rules:
i: Torn can make anyone feel an intense desire to overcome massive challenges, even where logic dictates it should be impossible. This also incurs a blessing to help them succeed.
ii: If Torn approves of - or praises - a piece of music, that song will evermore sound more appealing to mortal ears.
iii: Torn has the ability to summon any creature he has personally slain, to serve any purpose - or transform into one himself.

I am KeeXeyn.
Keira

Character Info
Keira felt at home with the group. She may have not been as charismatic as Torn but it got the job done. “I’ll set to finding out how one would get to Feeorin and fasten a map of sorts from what the rumors and stories say.” She knew that Feeorin would be no candy trip but still the men were capable enough. She wanted time to study the enchantments of the underwater city and it just so happened it would occupy the men as well.

While the days came and went, Keira was busy if not listening to the rumors of the town then she was lingering over tomes in the library of the college. Torn had come with her if only to keep her company. Though for the most part it was his presence that she liked more so than the conversation. She was able to craft a map of their route and the best way to get there from talking to mages around the college. She ran into the occasional Rosenite who was more than willing to give her the information she wanted for free, perks of being a noble.
Finally, they were on there way. She held up the map she had drawn, the corner was dabbed in a pinkish paint. This was how she could tell the maps apart quickly, of course these were different from the maps she sold as they were pristine. Torn’s winks would cause the woman to blush and rush back to her have her head in whatever book happened to be in her hand at the time, map or otherwise. While his charm hadn’t worked at first, it seemed to be now though she doubted it was simply because of the charm.

It took a few days of traveling and every once in a while Keira would shift. Her wolf form was giant compared to most wolves and more on par with a dire wolf. She would leave her bag with torn and her golden paws would run off into the distance at a quick pace to see if they were getting any closer. If she encountered anything too dangerous on its own she would take it down and drag it back to the group. It could be worth something or they could use it.

Finally they managed to get close enough where Keira didn’t shift but asked to be lifted up just enough where she could see into the distance. It smelled different the closer they got. “I see the fairy ring. It’s just up ahead.” She jumped down and thanked the man who lifted her before looking towards Torn. “Remember don’t eat anything given to you until we reach the lake. You’ll die.” Maybe it was the way he was making her feel that it made it necessary to tell him again about the food there. “Also don’t try to touch anything that looks out of the ordinary.”

Taking a powder out of her pack pocket when they got to the fairy circle she spread it on top of the white mushrooms. It broke the glamour that hid the forest and the bright blue trees and bushes became visible like a portal. “Unfortunately, from here we are on our own. Most people who pass through here are adventurers and rather hard to find. If my cousin had been about I would have asked her as she is a bard and would know her way around a forest like this… but sadly I have no the slightest clue where she is.”

Torn

Character Info
The party finally arrived at the spot the adventure was supposed to truly begin. Torn looked to Keira to open up the path ahead, and she did not disappoint. "I'll take care not to chomp on anything untoward," he said, with a cheeky smile. As they approached the 'fairy ring' as Keira called it, Torn felt a tingle of anticipation. Keira did something to a mushroom (Torn has his head too far up in the clouds to pay attention to this bit) and opened a portal of sorts. Torn addressed the Band, smiling broadly.

"Alright, lads! This place, according to Keira, is more or less made to trap daring sould like ours," he began, looking slightly less nervous than a mountaineer would, if said mountaineer was told to climb a lamb-sized stone. He peered into the portal, looking at the greenerey. Blue-ery? He addressed his companions again. "Listen, lads, do not eat, drink, or touch anything that looks suspicious. In fact, it'd be best if you didn't touch much at all," he said, grinning like the fool he was. "Always look out for the men on your right and left - let none stray from sight or earshot, and stop them from doing anything rash - by force if you must." He jammed his spear in the ground and stood proudly - or rather, like he was posing for a painting. "And do remember, there are mermaids at the end should we live!" At this comment, the men cheered loudly, many making crude comments about water-beauties and the things they wanted to do with them.

Torn then stepped through the portal, finding himself in a forest that could only be described as alien. The lighting was eerie, otherworldly, even, or perhaps more aptly described, oceanic. With the blue trees, colourful flora, and the dancing light, the scene was nut unlike that of a coral reef, with thousands of colours and peculiar plants and animals buzzing about in an ever-changing scenerey. Serpents swam through the air like it was water, and while the breeze was refreshing, the plantlife swayed slowly in the air, as though it was water. However, brightly coloured birds also flew effortlessly in the wind, and small animals of all kind skipped in the underbrush and canopy unhindered. Torn stood still, drinking in the sights.

"Okay. I'll readily admit it. This is awesome." He stood in place, trembling a little bit. He meant what he said - the place was beautiful, but the spell resting over the place also gave it an intimidating edge. Awe, it seemed, was an appropriate response. Torn didn't even register the rest of his company joining him at first. Only when someone shook his shoulder, did Torn snap out of his trance. He looked ahead with a grin. "Alright, gentlemen! And lady. Let us not linger over long here in the woods - press on, and let's claim our prize!" He then began advancing into the forest, heart pounding in his chest, thrilled at the magnificence of his new adventure.

Torn's god rules:

I am KeeXeyn.
Keira

Character Info
Keira had heard stories of the forest from many people. This was one of the reasons why she wanted to come here and study, at least her main reason. She went into the portal with not even a blink, there had been worse things she had put her mind to. Entering the forest she stuck her hand out as the blue mana fell from the trees. Tilting her head, her blonde curls fell over her shoulder. She knew what it was that was leaking from the trees but how? Her nose wrinkled a bit.

Were the stories true?

“What’s leaking from the trees is magic rather a source of magic.” Keira noted not only for herself but for the others as well. “Rumor has it when Parvpora waged war on the World Tree and the gods here… that it fell but before that it hung over this area. It wasn’t always enchanted but more so the tree made it so. How I don’t readily know.”

Taking in the sites her wolf eyes peered long and her ears listened deep. “It’s much like the Rainforest now that you think about it, at least noise wise.” No, wait. She paused for a moment before hastily stepping forward. There was crying. “Let’s check it out just in case.” Keira wasn’t one to not help someone so she made her way towards it.

There on a little hill was a woman. Her fingers were bleeding as the flesh was slowly falling off. She was playing a harp or more so the harp was playing her. Keira spotted a rose necklace around her neck and seen the color white. “I have to help her.” She gave her bag to Torn and rushed up to her. They talked or rather the woman screamed in pain.

“Kill me please Princess. Please.” Keira shook her head to the pleading woman. She took the woman’s hands trying to pry them from the harp but it was no good. The pulling just made the woman cry more. 

“Well I can’t just leave you here like this.”

“Tell your mother I’m a fool. Tell her I’m sorry.” The Rose Courts were like family. They knew each other well enough and while Keira had been on adventures and not known everyone in her court they knew her. 

“…If this is what you want I’ll try to make it fast.” It pained her but she wouldn’t have blood on her hands anymore then she did. Keira jumped from the spot and began to climb up into a tree. Before long she came back down with a bunch of purple berries in her hands. “It’s going to hurt… I hope you know that.” The woman could only nod through her tears. Keira didn’t even want to know how long the woman had been there.

Forcing the berries into the woman’s mouth Keira began to regret every second. “Spirits guide you home.” Those were Keira’s last words to her before the convulsions started. The harp released the woman and the halfling caught the body. Foam escaped the woman’s lips and the light left her eyes. It wasn’t a long agonizing death but still. For a few moments Keira held her breath before shutting the woman’s eyes. “She should be able to go home now.” She rested the body on the ground before removing the necklace from the woman’s neck and putting it in her hands tightly.

“We die young my race. Lots of ways and sometimes it's being stupid that gets us the most.” Keira’s words were harsh as she came back to the group. “I did my part, spirits will do the rest. She was part of my mother’s court. You can tell by her necklace. Must have come over to study at the college or explore… Sadly this forest takes more lives then it gives.” Taking out her sword Keira began to cut down a path. At first it was full of anger and then slowly it died down and she looked back at the group. "A while back, a man found a bottle with just a hint of wine in it. Someone had stolen it from the Goddess Angela, my aunt, and left what was left in the city. He wanted to taste it, just a drop, the nectar of the gods. Wine made from the berries of this forest are a death sentence for us mortals. Hell, anything in this forest is. Anyways, the man died and people wanted answers. They don't much like Canelux Gods over here, say they don't exist. They murdered their own gods no matter how vile they were and paid the price for it." Another swing cleared more of the way.

"Aunt Angela doesn't keep the bottles locked up. If morons want to take it and drink it, let them die. That woman back there? She didn't deserve that but that's what I told you about before we came in. You come in here not knowing the dangers or the enchantments… you wind up dead. This place doesn't always instantly kill you. That woman could have been there for days before we came along and put her out of her misery. She would have been there until she bled out. That is the power of Feeorin."

Off in the distance she could hear more music and she stopped. She motioned them softly. There was group of fairies and what looked like a troupe. Some of the fairies looked like they were dancing with dead bodies and the other living ones? They were crying and not able to stop the painful dance. "See?"

Torn

Character Info
Torn suddenly had a bag thrust into his arms (which caused him to drop his spear) and watched as keira ran up to help a young woman playing a harp. Torn gave the bag to one of his companions, picked up his spear, and followed Keira.

As he saw the scene unfold before him, and witnessed the beautiful young woman beg for death, Torn felt a peculiar chill down his spine. To die so young and tragically… And in such pain… At the hands of family? His mind, steeled as it was for the hardships of adventure, rumbled a little trying to cope with the scene before him. I suppose any good story has its share of tragedies, he thought, making a mental note to mention the tragic woman, when he recounted the tale of his adventure to see mermaids.

Torn did not avert his gaze as the woman died from the poison. As much as he wanted to, he could not bear it. He felt that somehow, it was his duty to ensure her final moments did not go unsung, and so, he swallowed his pity as well as his grief for this girl he'd never gotten a chance to know, and committed each and every detail to memory - the girl's clothing, her bloodied fingers, the way she convulsed as her body siezed up, everything. As the woman passed away, Torn gave a promise. "Your verse will be sung. While I have a voice, your verse will be sung."

As Keira took the girl's necklace, Torn reached out and grabbed her shoulder, giving it a squeeze to let her know he was there, ready to help her get through it if needed. However, Torn was ever a man to look ahead, and thus he gestured for the party to press on.

Torn listened to Keira's words as the group moved through the forest. He listened to Keira explain that most of her kin died young, and of how the people of Pravpora slew their gods. Torn, however, found himself unmoved by the stories. Those who choose to live on the edge will invariably be cut, he thought, ignoring the fact that he lived that way himself. And waging war on their own gods… Now that is a good tale, no matter how tragic its ending might have been.

Instead, Torn spent a lot of time during the hike through the woods mulling over how best to do the poor harp-playing girl justice in a song. Torn was by no means a particularily intelligent man, but his wordcraft was among the best. Truly, Torn had never met a man or woman with such inherent charisma as himself, and so, when he committed to use his charisma to tell a story, he thought it to be his duty to commit every fiber of his being to that purpose.

He had just about formulated a good idea of how the verse would sound when Keira pointed out a group of fairies, dancing with the dead and dying. Torn was morbidly fascinated by the scene, for these men were clearly under the same kind of spell as the woman before. This time, however, the scene was more comical, lending less of a tragic edge to the men's suffering.

"I see. Well, as long as you lead us more or less true, Keira, I doubt it will come to that. We have provisions aplently." Some of the Misfits looked uncomfortable at the sight of the dancing men, but the group pressed on. In particular, the younger members of the group looked unnerved by their current conditions. By contrast, the older members seemed to have a laconic view of it all, as they has a better understanding of what they signed up for when they joined Torn on his adventures.

Torn kept pace, using his own broadsword to broaden the path while his spear was slung across his back. Between them, the party made some decent progress, and after a couple of hours they reached a clearing. There was a ring of stones with scorched grass in the middle, denoting a fireplace. Torn made a gesture to his companions, and they set about building a fire, using charcoal, and twigs picked up along the way. "I have a good feeling about this place. What do you think, Keira? How likely is it that this site is clear of traps and hazards?"

Torn's god rules:

I am KeeXeyn.
Keira

Character Info
Torn was ever the heart of the situation. His hand on her shoulder was comforting as she went through the terrifying scenario. The half wolf nodded to Torn and gave a sad smile. “I will sing with him. I promise.” Her voice was soft as her green eyes looked up at him. She knew she would have to write to her mother soon.

As they moved on she knew that not everyone would have listened to her. Keira’s eyes turned back to Torn after leading them to the Fey party. She nodded. “If it was salt water I could have us there in no time just by using my noise. Unfortunately, it is a lake.” She pushed back her blonde hair. “We should go around the party but…” She kept low. “Oh for the love of all the fucks I have to give right now.” Feys weren’t that strong.

Transforming she rushed the scene and ripped the throats of the dying victims out first. She growled deeply. Her large frame and intimidating figure sent the fey flying away from the area. They were tricksters not fighters. ”This way.” Her voice reached them. She stayed in her wolf form as she put her nose to the ground and started to sniff.

She managed to pin a fey to a tree and growled. ”I’ve lost enough sanity in this forest. Where is the lake?” The fey began to flay and cry.

“You just follow the path! HERE HERE HERE. Get the wolf off of me.” The fairy cried and Keira unleashed another growl. The fairy made the path appear and Keira dropped it.

Her form shifted again and she sighed. “Get out of here before I change my mind.” She wiped the blood from her lips from setting the lost souls free. The fey was quick to run as it appeared Keira had damaged its wing. “Feys can’t lie. Terrible tragedy.” She took her backpack back and sighed. “I don’t like my head fucked with too much.” She was grumbling now. “Still need to write a letter home to my mother.”

She took Torn’s arm and leaned on it as they followed the path to the lake. Once they got there she stared at just how large the lake really was. The crystal clear water was almost like a huge mirror. She left his arm just to take her boots off and feel the water with her feet. “The water is warm.” She looked up to the troupe. “You can either get naked or go in fully clothed. They probably don’t care.”

Torn

Character Info
Torn watched, semi- interested, as keira tore into the dance and coerced the fairies to reveal the path. He wasn't surprised - anyone'd get a little unhinged after seeing their kin tortured and forced to end their suffering. Some of the Misfits seemed a little ill at ease watching the scene, as it was rather grisly, but Torn was oddly - paradoxally - uninterested in it. For one, he didn't find the men very attractive (he could be a little sexist like that) and so didn't care as much about them, and after spending so many intimate nights with Keira, her aggressive action came as no surprise to him.

As she came back, Torn gave her a pat on the shoulder. "We can post it when we get out of here. But first, let's do what we set out to do." He accompanied Keira to the lake, the Merry Band of Misfits in tow, and took a moment to drink in the scenery. The lake was enormous, far larger than it should have been, considering the amount of space the forest took on a map. And despite the forest generally being so underwater-like, the lake was clear and gentle, a stark divider between forest and water. Torn smiled, then grinned, at the splendour of the scene around him. "Beautiful," he said, his eyes glistening with greed - a greed for magnificence and marvels, drinking in every detail.

"Well, I don't know about the rest of the Misfits, but I'm not going to get my armour wet - and I won't deny the mermaids a glimpse of the perfection that is me," he said, grinning widely and winking at Keira. He then began to undress, ridding himself of all garments, until he stood in naught but his skin. A few of the Misfits followed suit, while some decided to stay on shore - though none of them displayed the same boldness as Torn, possibly out of respect for Keira. Torn then proceeded to wade in, and as he got into the water, he turned toward Keira with a grin. "Come on, gorgeous, bragging rights are a few breaststrokes away!"

Torn's god rules:

I am KeeXeyn.
Keira

Character Info
Tempers were one of the things that Rosenites were known for and Keira was no exception. They were protective of their race as no one else would be towards them just out of respect. Being desert dwellers they had a responsibility to each other and having been the one to kill her own had made her a hateful towards the fairies at first. She took a deep breath as she calmed herself before responding to Torn. “Of course, if I could find a phoenix or clergy member of Angela that would be best.” Phoenix tended to be the way they sent letters. The birds could take care of themselves and they wouldn’t die to the heat of the desert like so many other birds.

Getting the lake was easy after the fey was sent off. In a way, she felt guilty for having taken it that far. Though in that moment she had her heart filled with angry at one of her own, even if it was the Rosenite’s own stupidity that had killed her. A wince crossed her face for a moment as the thought rolled by. “Yes, it is.”

Keira tilted her head and laughed. Not being one to be out done the halfling stripped with him. That was another things Rosenites hated, ruined clothing. Even at the Kirika Lake everyone was so use to each other they barely batted an eyelash. The misfits eyes were on her and she could feel them, but to Keira it didn't really matter. It only took the first few words out of his mouth as she dropped the ribbon that had been holding her hair up for Keira to launch herself into the water. Out of instinct she held her breath but eventually she let the breath go and found herself able to breath as if she had gills herself. 

Even within the water it was not murky though the deep darkness kept her at bay. Waiting for the others, she finally began the decent. The darkness gave way to clusters of glowing shells decorating buildings. It appeared abandoned at first, but as they got closer life began to show up. From fish to mer people. They were beautiful with their long hair, even the men though their hair was held back. 

Getting closer there was now singing and distinct talking. It was much like a busy market as Keira’s feet flirted with the bottom of the lake. Her fingers went up against the river stone buildings and felt the smoothness. The shells clung all about and treasures from many adventures floated from strings on some of the buildings. A mer man floated past her as they locked eyes for a moment.

He was ever the flirt as Torn was as his hand felt across her hip. She would have blushed if not mesmerized by the whole scene. “Staying?” The voice caught her off guard and she nodded her head for a moment. He seemed pleased with her answer as he took off. The glistening color of his scales still catching her off guard.

“Wait! I have questions!” Keira’s voice boomed through the water and she instantly covered her mouth in shock. They could even talk here? What the hell kind of magic was cast in this place? Her eyes panicked as she looked towards Torn for what to do next. Not even she had been prepared for the amount of enchantment this lake had.

Unlike the illustrations that most seamen had the mermaids were topless, or rather shell-less. Their jiggling jugs had the attention of the misfits almost instantly. Scales of all colors were all over the mermaids compared to their male counterparts. She was sure that it was like all of the animal kingdom with mortals included.

Their hair was much more vibrant compared to Keira’s dull trusses. Their color ranging from bright purple to a golden hue more powerful then her own. It made the girl feel uneasy. However, she was different and she had noted the males being more interested in her. She was different and that was something viewed as beautiful in most places.