Hint: Hover over a field name if you want to know what it's for.

Author: Angela Rose, Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:28 PM, Post Subject: Ironwood Armor POLL

We're going with Witchwood and we've started the icon process! Thank you everyone! Lore will be written up about it :3

Author: Gatekeeper, Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:44 PM, Post Subject: Ironwood Armor POLL

witchwood name credit goes to moogle :P

Author: Moliira, Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:42 PM, Post Subject: Ironwood Armor POLL

Witchwood sounds spooky, I like it. 

Author: Angela Rose, Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:39 PM, Post Subject: Ironwood Armor POLL

I like Witchwood Andrew

Author: Gatekeeper, Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:37 PM, Post Subject: Ironwood Armor POLL

Why don't we just go with witchwood. I like the name, it sounds good and rolls of the tongue.

As for the color, During creation we could have the color decided then. By default it would be the colors of the forest from which it originates. The wood would come from a particular tree as it holds the necessary properties to create the armor.

That's my 2 cents.

Author: Beelze, Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:31 PM, Post Subject: Ironwood Armor POLL

Char, I think you might want to pitch the idea into the official suggestion thread since it was vastly different from the original idea put here.

Author: Lirin, Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:25 PM, Post Subject: Ironwood Armor POLL

If so much turmoil is over a name, this isn't set yet, so we can still decide on another name if necessary.

Author: Moliira, Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:23 PM, Post Subject: Ironwood Armor POLL

I did suggest Feeorin in the original description idea because of my idea of the Fae and a sect of druids working together to make the armor, but there's always the potential for different kinds of trees within the same forest.  It just doesn't make sense in my head canon for druids to wear blue-purple armor when they live in a forest since it wouldn't blend in very well.

Author: Angela Rose, Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:13 PM, Post Subject: Ironwood Armor POLL

When you say Fae I am thinking it's made in Feeorin that's why.

Author: Moliira, Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:11 PM, Post Subject: Ironwood Armor POLL

Why does it have to be that one kind of tree though?  I'm sure there's other trees or even another forest that could potentially be used.

Author: Lirin, Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:10 PM, Post Subject: Ironwood Armor POLL

Incognito, camouflage… There are spells that can help change the appearance as needed. But wouldn't it be more "realistic" to have them look like the wood they are fashioned from? So if it's purple trees, it'll look purple. Right?

Author: Beelze, Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:09 PM, Post Subject: Ironwood Armor POLL

I believe the point of this armor is to provide the same protection as plate armor would, but is for those that can't/don't want to wear metal.

Author: Angela Rose, Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:06 PM, Post Subject: Ironwood Armor POLL

But then it wouldn't be faewood? If you want grey-green you would want normal forest trees and not fae wood trees. also the point isn't really to blend in. If you want to blend in there are spells for that and what not.

Author: Moliira, Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:02 PM, Post Subject: Ironwood Armor POLL

The reason I suggested the grey-green color is it would blend in with the woods better.  Just a thought.

Author: Angela Rose, Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:50 PM, Post Subject: Ironwood Armor POLL

It would be closer to Steel Char :3 

For Druids it goes Leather –> Whatever we call this armor –> Dragonscale.

It's better than leather, more lightweight than steel, but protects just as much. Not as expensive as Dragonscale though.

However, Faewood, if we go with that, would be made from Burrberry trees in Feeorin and would have more of a Purple / Blue look to them due to Feeorin's enchantments. :3

Author: Moliira, Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:41 PM, Post Subject: Ironwood Armor POLL

Faewood - This material is shaped by a sect of druids and the fae of the Feeorin Forest, using alchemy and magic that is held as a closely guarded secret.  The result is a grey-green material that resembles thin plates of wood, but offers the protection of leather armor.

Just a sample description.  It's quiet at work, lol.

Author: Douken, Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:40 PM, Post Subject: Ironwood Armor POLL

Faewood sounds like something you have to earn, like dealing with Fae who can put you to sleep and change your paladin into a woman in order to claim XD But still, a great name.

Author: Lirin, Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:25 PM, Post Subject: Ironwood Armor POLL

I completely agree, and I like Moliira's suggestion of Faewood.

Author: Moliira, Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:20 PM, Post Subject: Ironwood Armor POLL

Faewood is my suggestion. 

Author: Dalanesca, Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:15 PM, Post Subject: Ironwood Armor POLL

Love this idea!  And the suggestion from Talon, too :)

Author: Angela Rose, Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:11 PM, Post Subject: Ironwood Armor POLL

That's what I was thinking would be to change the name Talon

Author: printf, Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:58 PM, Post Subject: Ironwood Armor POLL

My only thought would be to change the name from ironwood, which is a pretty common term for a wide variety of very real hardwoods. Coming in, if somebody wrote their character was using an ironwood weapon, I would have no reason to believe that it was a magical material rather than a simple weapon made from a relatively hard wood. Alternative names might include "witchwood", "druidwood", "lacriamwood", or "steelwood", or any other number of names  which don't correspond with real world materials.

Author: Zanetimm92, Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:52 PM, Post Subject: Ironwood Armor POLL

I support this!

Author: Naota, Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:52 PM, Post Subject: Ironwood Armor POLL

I definitely support this, I didn't even realize this type of armor existed and it sounds awesome @_@

Author: Porthyrius, Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:44 PM, Post Subject: Ironwood Armor POLL

I support!

Author: Aegis, Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:35 PM, Post Subject: Ironwood Armor POLL

I support this as well

This account I was going to make into a druidic knight, before deciding against and was planning on subbing either plate or dragonscale for this. So having it as an option without having to buy the pretty pricey dragonscale would be great for any druids out there

Author: Douken, Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:30 PM, Post Subject: Ironwood Armor POLL

I 100% support this.

Author: Angela Rose, Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:25 PM, Post Subject: Ironwood Armor POLL

Many people rp druids and stuff on here so I thought it would be cool to do a thread on this.

Most Druids and what not avoid metal armor. That means on Rev they have leather and dragonscale armor.

How many people would be interested in having ironwood be available either in the armor shop or the synth stuff?

"Ironwood is a magical substance created by druids from normal wood. While remaining natural wood in almost every way, ironwood is as strong, heavy, and resistant to fire as steel. Spells that affect metal or iron do not function on ironwood. Spells that affect wood do affect ironwood, although ironwood does not burn. Using this spell with wood shape or a wood-related Craft check, you can fashion wooden items that function as steel items. Thus, wooden plate armor and wooden swords can be created that are as durable as their normal steel counterparts. These items are freely usable by druids."  - That's the ironwood spell, we would be using the armor equivalent of this. 

This is just a thing from the d20 website obviously we would make our own version :3 But this would be good for beastkin, shifters, druids, anyone who wants to stay clear from metal armor. I just want to see how many people would be interested in it before I made it and no one used it.