Out-Of-Character Forums > Suggestions > Bunch of suggestions
Silanus

Character Info
Name: Tacitus Silanus
Alignment: LE
Race: Human
Class: Swordman/ Battlemage
Silver: 553
Hello there, I have been thinking that this site lacks something, but I could not decide what was it. The events were fine, there were enough members, forums and places to RP… So, what was it? Perhaps, in my adept opinion, the reasons each user has to meet each other are limited, in some form?

You can create open threads, but those are not a big deal (I got like 2 open threads with 16 views and 0 replies since last year) and of course you can post that you need an RP partner, but besides that, why would two users start a thread so they can roleplay with each other? So, I came up with two small ideas, here they are.

A bounty hunting system: What would this be? Well, one thing I enjoy a lot are RP fights, but, unless you want to look like a desesperate person and post: "I need someone to fight my character" or, in a thread with someone, start being hostile and hoping for a fight, there are few ways to battle someone. 

So, that being said, what would a bounty system do? To avoid being hostile towards the users, a moderator or someone could add a thread where users, who for any weird reason may enjoy being pursued, are able to require a bounty on themselves or another user. (If I ask a bounty towards another person, the mod shall ask to that user if (s)he agrees). So, a new thread will start, where the bounties are placed. That way, people will have a new reason to RP with each other. (Of course, unless you really want, the other users won't be able to kill or caprure your character)

My other idea will be added shortly.

"Some men by ancestry are only the shadow of a mighty name."

-Marcus Annaeus Lucanus.

Silanus

Character Info
My second idea is what could be described as a battle arena, so here goes what I thought of.

This, as a fantasy based RP, has magicians and warriors of any type. However, most of the time these fight against user created characters most of the time (Example: Your character is a bandit. (S)he assaulted a caravan and battled against the guards) so, a battle arena where users can fight against each other would be amazing, no?

Let's say it's a divine tournament for example. Here, if you get killed, you simply return to the normal world as if nothing had happened. These arenas can be used either for a friendly fight entertainment purpose, or maybe there could be a tournament with a set of rules. That would not only keep the users from getting bored and leave, but would also most likely attract new users! And I mean fresh users, not a new character made by the same person. *Stares at Angela* But these are just the ideas hailing from my inexperience.

-Marcus Annaeus Lucanus.

Paige Wintercrest

Character Info
Name: Paige Wintercrest
Alignment: CN
Race: Vaewolf
Class: Sorceress
Silver: 152
1) The bounty hunting system sounds pretty much like the RP discussion, with just a middle man (the moderator or so forth) added. Unless there's something I am missing about this, it sounds like it going to have the same problem which would be a lack of RPers wanting fight threads if they don't want to.

2) The BA system has been talked about early on. Right now it's not coming for a little bit due to other priorities.

3) I'm sure we all know the difference between new users and new characters; there's no need to call people out.

OOC: Brandon, the Mad Admin, or Branana
Silanus

Character Info
The last thing was a joke, I did not know about the BA thing and did not understand anything about your first point. The bounty stuff was to make things more immersive anyways but it was just an idea I wanted to share.

-Marcus Annaeus Lucanus.

Noland

Character Info
Name: Noland Prumt
Alignment: LN
Class: Noble
Silver: 95
I don't know if someone has already said this, I haven't been able to find any myself, but it would be great if there was an edit post option. I understand there may be a reason this isn't a thing however and will just learn to cope if it's too much of a bother.

It's the best, just terrific -Noland
Angela Rose
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
Name: Angela Rose-Volkov
Alignment: CG
Race: Rosenite
Class: Goddess/Herbalist/Advisor
Silver: 17895
Edit post will be available at some point for OOC posts. However, because of the silver system, it would be abusive to add in an edit post for ic posts. You can get your posts edited by asking an admin/mod to do it for you. We'll be glad to help. :)

It should be known that Rev is coded from the ground up and that's why a lot of things appear to be missing. We're a relatively small coding team so it will take a little bit to get things in.

OOC: Brittlez the lovable Head Admin and Server Mom
IC: Angela is The Weaver of Life and Love.
Angela's 3 God Rules
1. Angela can create a garden of protection and healing around her on command.
2. Angela has supreme control over her domains and can trump the efforts of all others.
3. Angela can bestow her blessing upon the earth, accelerating the growth and vitality of all life present.
Noland

Character Info
Name: Noland Prumt
Alignment: LN
Class: Noble
Silver: 95
Oh okay, that makes sense, and I figured it had something to do with silver :) thanks for the speedy response!

It's the best, just terrific -Noland
Angela Rose
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
Name: Angela Rose-Volkov
Alignment: CG
Race: Rosenite
Class: Goddess/Herbalist/Advisor
Silver: 17895
No problem! We're here to help

OOC: Brittlez the lovable Head Admin and Server Mom
IC: Angela is The Weaver of Life and Love.
Angela's 3 God Rules
1. Angela can create a garden of protection and healing around her on command.
2. Angela has supreme control over her domains and can trump the efforts of all others.
3. Angela can bestow her blessing upon the earth, accelerating the growth and vitality of all life present.