Out-Of-Character Forums > Suggestions > Suggestion.
Xallithelid

Character Info
Name: Xallithelid
Alignment: CN
Race: Illithid
Class: Mind Flayer
Silver: 30
I know its been a while since i've done anything on this website, but i have a proposition. it would take alot of work but i believe it would be for the better. This site, Revaliir, I think should move its host to a host known as Forumotion. Forumotion offers a chatbox ON SITE, and everything we already have here. shops could easily be implemented, and the programming, atleast in my eyes, is a LOT easier to handle. This is just a thought but i think you should take it into serious consideration and not just shrug it off.

I sincerely hope, for your sake, that you are an idiot.
Angela Rose
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
Name: Angela Rose-Volkov
Alignment: CG
Race: Rosenite
Class: Goddess/Herbalist/Advisor
Silver: 17895
Believe it or not the site has a chatbox BUT we don't have it fully fleshed out. It just needs a bit more work then it will be done :) The only reason things have taken so long to get up is because we only have 1 coder and he was recently married and busy doing that married lifestyle. Things should go smoother now that he isn't lead admin on top of that.

OOC: Brittlez the lovable Head Admin and Server Mom
IC: Angela is The Weaver of Life and Love.
Angela's 3 God Rules
1. Angela can create a garden of protection and healing around her on command.
2. Angela has supreme control over her domains and can trump the efforts of all others.
3. Angela can bestow her blessing upon the earth, accelerating the growth and vitality of all life present.
Luthene

Character Info
Name: Luthene
Alignment: TN
Race: Human
Class: Mercenary
Silver: 3175
Our codemonkey hates php with the burning fire of a thousand Apoy volcanos. 

Our site right now uses custom-made forum software, written mostly in Python, and using the Django framework. To most our site elsewhere— posts, accounts, and so on— would be very, very difficult. Certainly more difficult than coding up a chatbox (which is in progress). I don't think the programming would be easier, either. Our current setup allows, in theory, for more than one person to contribute; mostly I do minor styling-related things, but it's a contribution nonetheless, and changing hosts might mean we lose this sort of thing. Also, at present, we have tons of flexibility when it comes to adding features to the site. 

Alss, have you noticed how fast our site is? We're pretty fast, even with a lot of active users. Very little server load. That is huge, because it means we have plenty of room to grow without needing to upgrade our server, thus keeping our costs down. I remember browsing the phpBB (which Forumotion offers) site not long ago and seeing that a good number of people who use that software need dedicated servers. We don't need that, however.

All told, I don't think the advantages of moving outweigh the disadvantages, or the work involved in making such a move happen.

OOC: Jenna