Hint: Hover over a field name if you want to know what it's for.

Author: Angela Rose, Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:23 PM, Post Subject: im new and i have questions questions questions :)

We're all kinds of fun! If you ever want a thread pm me! I'm sure I have someone :)

Author: Ryail Morrigan , Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:17 PM, Post Subject: im new and i have questions questions questions :)

Haha I've spent a Few hours reading through the different threads over the last few days. Seems like a fun site an interesting world and a bunch of cool people.
This should be fun :)

Author: Angela Rose, Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:10 PM, Post Subject: im new and i have questions questions questions :)

:O I'm psycho I use all of them.

I don't do open threads a lot myself. I rely mostly on getting ahold of people and making friends. Feel free to pm people :) We're friendly and only bite if it is welcomed.

Author: CodeAni, Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:01 PM, Post Subject: im new and i have questions questions questions :)

She does use them all, believe it or not. @_@

As for threads that are open but quiet, don't be discouraged if you don't get replies from them. Often, the best way to get an active roleplay going is by contacting a person directly to see if they're around for a roleplay or not. The RP Request Boards are also a place to search for people who are looking for threads or to post your own request. :)

Author: Ryail Morrigan , Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:32 AM, Post Subject: im new and i have questions questions questions :)

I can understand that. 40 characters? that's a lot to juggle. do you use them all or are they just there to keep different threads moving along?

I went ahead and posted on several in-game threads so it will be interesting to see how well I can tie them all together. a lot of the threads that are open have been active for quite some time with little activity tho so it will be interesting to see how they progress.

Author: Angela Rose, Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:53 AM, Post Subject: im new and i have questions questions questions :)

My timeline is completely jumbled and I have to balance about 40 characters of mine on it. The only time I am concerned is now when Ang is pregnant >> I have to be careful.

Author: CodeAni, Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:59 PM, Post Subject: im new and i have questions questions questions :)

Keeping timelines coherent is completely up to the user. There's no strict timeline that has to be held between a character's journal and your posts with other players. There are certain, canon events in our sitewide timeline, but that's it. 

Speaking from a personal standpoint, my journal for this character is way out of date from my current threads, and even the threads themselves are all over the place in my timeline. Journals are more of a recollection and reaction by your character to their own past, so, if you want them to react to a thread that hasn't completed yet but, at the same time, don't want to contradict yourself later, don't include parts of the thread that haven't happened yet. Failing that, you can always retcon it later. :)

For my character's journal, I wrote down a lot of stuff that didn't happen in actual threads: her history outside of interactions with other users, basically. So, yes, we're quite flexible with content of journals and timelines.

Author: Ryail Morrigan , Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:56 PM, Post Subject: im new and i have questions questions questions :)

no that was perfect thank you I was thinking more along the lines of an abandoned building of some sort anyway.

I see that we can quest in more then one in game thread at a time. but I have been wondering how to tie that and my character journal together time wise. are the threads spread out enough so that I can just jump back and forth from event to event in my journal as if I was remembering it?
I just don't want to contradict myself if I'm part of a thread waiting on an encounter and am also say traveling in another thread, any advice there?

Author: CodeAni, Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:38 PM, Post Subject: im new and i have questions questions questions :)

We're pretty lax on housing at the moment since there's really no benefit to not having a house of some kind. Pretty much the only semi-housing object we have in the shops is a tent; but, for the purposes of actual, permanent lodgings like homes in the city, caves, and such, we don't prohibit you from roleplaying that your character has a place to call their own. Keep it within reason, of course. ie. Don't say you own multiple homes of mansion like quality when your character can barely afford food and equipment.

If you have a more specific question about housing, I'll do my best to answer.

Author: Ryail Morrigan , Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:59 AM, Post Subject: im new and i have questions questions questions :)

alright that makes sense thank you its good to know about the spells I had read other threads where this was in question. 

what about housing? I didn't see in the shops where one could buy a home or a work shop for a base of operations or to store items.

Author: CodeAni, Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:36 AM, Post Subject: im new and i have questions questions questions :)

To elaborate on the companions question:

Yes, you can use the bought companions as separate characters in threads separate from your main character so long as you use the account they are on to do the posting. It works the same for pets on here. The only general restriction is that they have to have their own physical equipment if they're going to use it; clothing including. Each companion comes with their own base equipment that is described in their item description, so make sure to read that so you don't get duplicates thinking you need them.

Companions that can cast magic have additional restrictions: they can't cast spells worth more than 700 silver and they can't cast invoke such and such spells like invoke earth elemental. These companions share all other spells with your main character, however, so you never need to buy multiple copies of the same spell.

For all other questions:
Muraqaba is correct on all the questions he could answer. :)

Author: Ryail Morrigan , Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:08 AM, Post Subject: im new and i have questions questions questions :)

sorry the "testing" was to see if my post would actually post

I was retyping those questions out each time but they were not posting, format issue I guess, sorry for the confusion and thank you for your answers

Author: Muraqaba, Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:56 AM, Post Subject: im new and i have questions questions questions :)

"I see there are potions in the shops that restore health and mana but I don't see any game mechanics for either is this something that is just role played?" Yes these are only for Role-playing purposes.

"there are different spell schools can I pick from any of them or are there restrictions like dnd has divine and arcane" You can purchase and use any spell you like.

"how many times can I cast a spell like say animate dead. how many skeletons can I animate at a time and control or combine the spell with buying a companion so I could have a skeleton fighter companion for example" This is a little less certain, but as many as you want (Within reason, your character isn't a god though, bare that in mind.) And if you bought a companion you could use him as a skeleton fighter if you wish.

"how many companions can I purchase and can I use them as characters in threads other then the one my main character is in while using the same account? like a net of rogue spies who gather in game information and small scale solo adventuring" You can buy as many as you like - not sure about the rest, sorry.

"can my character be active in more then one in-game thread at a time?" Yes as many as you like.

most of these questions wont matter much for a long time because buying equipment for more then one or two companions will take awhile but the answers will help me decide what direction I want to take my character.

I hope that helps. :)
Luke.

Author: Ryail Morrigan , Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:52 AM, Post Subject: im new and i have questions questions questions :)

Author: Moliira, Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:51 AM, Post Subject: im new and i have questions questions questions :)

I took out the formatting tags from your first post, that's what was causing the issue.  Sorry about that!

Author: Muraqaba, Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:45 AM, Post Subject: im new and i have questions questions questions :)

What are you testing?

Author: Ryail Morrigan , Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:44 AM, Post Subject: im new and i have questions questions questions :)

testing

Author: Muraqaba, Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:42 AM, Post Subject: im new and i have questions questions questions :)

Why are you posting blank messages? You know how to write here, I've seen it in your character journal. If you don't want me to answer your questions then I'm sure someone else can help.

Author: Ryail Morrigan , Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:37 AM, Post Subject: im new and i have questions questions questions :)

Author: Ryail Morrigan , Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:36 AM, Post Subject: im new and i have questions questions questions :)

Author: Muraqaba, Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:24 AM, Post Subject: im new and i have questions questions questions :)

Whats are your questions?

Author: Ryail Morrigan , Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:02 AM, Post Subject: im new and i have questions questions questions :)

firstly thank you in advance for taking the time to help me understand a little better I have a few questions and ill try to get them all out right here. also if there is a thread with these answers that I just haven't seen id appreciate being pointed in that direction.

I see there are potions in the shops that restore health and mana but I don't see any game mechanics for either is this something that is just role played?

there are different spell schools can I pick from any of them or are there restrictions like dnd has divine and arcane

how many times can I cast a spell like say animate dead. how many skeletons can I animate at a time and control or combine the spell with buying a companion so I could have a skeleton fighter companion for example

how many companions can I purchase and can I use them as characters in threads other then the one my main character is in while using the same account? like a net of rogue spies who gather in game information and small scale solo adventuring

can my character be active in more then one in-game thread at a time?

most of these questions wont matter much for a long time because buying equipment for more then one or two companions will take awhile but the answers will help me decide what direction I want to take my character.

thanks again