Hint: Hover over a field name if you want to know what it's for.

Author: Telperion, Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:34 PM, Post Subject: Severed heads

I see. Thanks a lot !
I used my other account because I'm too lazy to log out.

Author: Dalanesca, Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:33 PM, Post Subject: Severed heads

Yes.  You only need to own one.

Author: Telperion The Second, Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:20 PM, Post Subject: Severed heads

So one strength is good enough, true ?

Author: Dalanesca, Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:41 PM, Post Subject: Severed heads

Strength should suffice just fine, then.

Author: Telperion The Second, Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:56 AM, Post Subject: Severed heads

The bite force equals that of a crocodile.

Author: Dalanesca, Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:39 AM, Post Subject: Severed heads

No, as long as the bite force isn't… ridiculous, then that should be fine.  

Author: Telperion The Second, Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:33 AM, Post Subject: Severed heads

Oops, wrong link.
Here.
https://revaliir.com/accounts/profile/404/

Author: Telperion The Second, Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:32 AM, Post Subject: Severed heads

I do have one.
https://revaliir.com/accounts/profile/407/
I'm asking about Suchus, not this account. :P
I mean, do I have to buy one for bite force and one for physical strength or would only one do ?

Author: Dalanesca, Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:44 AM, Post Subject: Severed heads

You do not have a strength spell in your inventory, so yes, you need to buy one.

Author: Telperion The Second, Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:38 AM, Post Subject: Severed heads

Alright.
I do have strength, from the pack that is, do I have to buy it again ?

Author: Luthene, Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:34 PM, Post Subject: Severed heads

As Moliira stated, you would need to have the Agility and Strength spells to achieve a better-than-human jump. It doesn't matter what your character's race is or what a member of that race might be capable of, you need the spells if it's a jump higher than what a human jump. 10 feet is above a human's ability, but with the spells, it's reasonable.

Author: Telperion The Second, Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:20 PM, Post Subject: Severed heads

10 feet into the air after gaining momentum, is that good for a not-so-godly Sobek ?

Author: Moliira, Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:45 AM, Post Subject: Severed heads

Agility and Strength would cover the jumping, as long as it isn't ridiculous.

Author: Telperion The Second, Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:41 AM, Post Subject: Severed heads

I need to give him less jump power (is that even a thing ? 'Jump power' ?).
And a barber wouldn't be a bad idea… c:

Author: Luthene, Posted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:38 AM, Post Subject: Severed heads

Anything beyond what a human is capable of, you should probably use a spell or item for that ability. Strength (which I think you have) would cover the bite, the running comes with Agility, and for the jumping, we have Minor Levitation (not exactly the same thing, but close enough).

Saying that the character can do those things is fine, but if you don't have the spells, don't give a demonstration right away.

Author: CodeAni, Posted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:17 AM, Post Subject: Severed heads

Just like the typo in my post. "Lift" not "life." Strike one on joke fail for me. :V

Author: CodeAni, Posted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:15 AM, Post Subject: Severed heads

I wouldn't think so. The bite is actually what is expected of crocodiles, and there are plenty of people who can life over 99lbs. You have a typo in your profile, by the way. It says "14 feet in the hair" instead of "14 feet in the air." I wasn't aware that your crocodile person was a barber, but there's a first time for everything. ;)

Author: Telperion The Second, Posted: Sat Apr 9, 2016 6:21 PM, Post Subject: Severed heads

Alright, thanks a lot, guys !
Also, on a slightly unrelated note, is my character on my Suchus account overpowered ?

Author: Luthene, Posted: Sat Apr 9, 2016 11:43 AM, Post Subject: Severed heads

Whoops, missed that other post! Thanks, Naota. :)

Author: Naota, Posted: Sat Apr 9, 2016 11:36 AM, Post Subject: Severed heads

Yes, it's all right to say he has water powers, just be sure not to actually USE any of those gifts until you've purchased them :3 and yes there is a spell for breathing underwater, it's called Breath of Ki :D

Author: Luthene, Posted: Sat Apr 9, 2016 10:41 AM, Post Subject: Severed heads

We're not a steampunk setting (we're high fantasy and loosely medieval), so, generally, steampunk things wouldn't be allowed. The armour in the image you posted looks like stylized plate armour, and we have plate armour in the shops you can buy for your character. It looks like there are some clocks on the armour, and those you would not find in this setting. The armour would not have any magical properties, either.

Author: Telperion The Second, Posted: Sat Apr 9, 2016 5:54 AM, Post Subject: Severed heads

Also, steampunk armour like this is allowed, right ?

Author: Telperion The Second, Posted: Sat Apr 9, 2016 5:14 AM, Post Subject: Severed heads

Where's the tent ? I looked but I missed it. ;-;

Alright, thanks.

Okay, another question.
So on my other account, Suchus, I don't have enough money to buy Water Weaving, but I'm supposed to be a water magician. So, am I allowed to say that I can user water magic but not actually use it ? Also, there's a spell for breathing underwater, true ?

Author: CodeAni, Posted: Fri Apr 8, 2016 8:05 PM, Post Subject: Severed heads

Just need the tent from the shop and you're good to go. It's 90 silver.
https://revaliir.com/shop/item/tent/

Author: Telperion The Second, Posted: Fri Apr 8, 2016 6:47 PM, Post Subject: Severed heads

I see.
What about a traveler living in a tent ?

Author: Luthene, Posted: Thu Apr 7, 2016 9:34 AM, Post Subject: Severed heads

Assuming you mean the kingdom of Adeluna, then no. You may live in a house there and permission is not required.

Deity temples and realms (which can be found here), living there may require the permission of the deity who controls it.

Any of the regular Canelux or Parvpora areas, however? Those areas are fine.

Author: Telperion The Second, Posted: Thu Apr 7, 2016 5:56 AM, Post Subject: Severed heads

So I need permission if I live in a simple house in the kingdom, true ?

Author: Dalanesca, Posted: Tue Apr 5, 2016 1:33 PM, Post Subject: Severed heads

As long as your character's dwelling doesn't offer them some sort of advantage when it comes to combat/etc., then they can pretty much live wherever.

It goes without saying, of course, that without the express permission of a deity, those realms are off limits for the location of your home/whatever it is your character lives in.

Author: Telperion The Second, Posted: Tue Apr 5, 2016 11:26 AM, Post Subject: Severed heads

Thanks !
Also, speaking of mansions, since we don't buy buildings in shops, I can live wherever, right ?
Like, my character can either be a nomad or live in a luxurious mansion or some cheap house, or on a farmland, true ?

Author: Nemesis, Posted: Sun Apr 3, 2016 9:53 AM, Post Subject: Severed heads

^ What Jenna said.

If anything, it would be more likely that your character could show off wealth with items, which makes some sense given that while one could say that their character is a very wealth person, they couldn't be living in a mansion or have the attire in rps if the items don't exist in their inventory.

Author: Luthene, Posted: Sat Apr 2, 2016 7:23 PM, Post Subject: Severed heads

The amount of silver you have on-hand doesn't necessarily impact the wealth of your character.

Author: Telperion The Second, Posted: Sat Apr 2, 2016 6:35 PM, Post Subject: Severed heads

Oh, I see.
I see.
Alright, now about roleplaying money.
Is roleplaying money affected by server money ? Like, right now I have 366 server money, but does it affect how much money I have in a roleplay ?

Author: Luthene, Posted: Sat Apr 2, 2016 4:20 PM, Post Subject: Severed heads

There's no way right now to give an item to another users. That's coming, but at present, if user A wants to give user B an item, and user B accepts, user B will need to buy said item.

I'm okay with user A not having the item to begin with, so long as the only time user A "owns" the item is for the purpose of giving it to user B. For example, my character Luthene was given a ring; I'd be user B in this situation, and I bought a ring for her, but since the ring-giver (user A) was only using the ring to give to to my character, he did not need to buy it.

If you pick up an item in the environment, it can stay with you for a few posts, but not across multiple threads nor should it leave the area. Related wiki article.

Author: Telperion The Second, Posted: Sat Apr 2, 2016 4:01 PM, Post Subject: Severed heads

Alright, but what if it remains with me for a few posts, or I lose it later in the same thread, but not in the other threads ?

Author: CodeAni, Posted: Sat Apr 2, 2016 2:41 PM, Post Subject: Severed heads

Not sure on question 1. I would guess yes, unless user A is still using the item in past threads. If that condition holds true, both users would need the item until such a time that one of them was no longer using it.

Question 2 and 3, there's no rule about using the environment of a thread. If you pick up an ax from a bandit your character slew in the course of the thread and then lose the ax in the course of the thread, that's fine. If you take said ax and suddenly start adventuring around with it or start the thread with that ax as if you own it without buying the item, that's not fine.

Author: Telperion The Second, Posted: Sat Apr 2, 2016 12:13 PM, Post Subject: Severed heads

I see.

So, for the future, if user A gives user B an item, is it possible that the item disappears from user A's inventory and goes to user B ?
Also, if I use an item in a roleplay very briefly, do I still have to buy it ?
Like, let's say I picked up an axe and fought with it then it fell in the sea, do I still have to buy it ?

Author: Luthene, Posted: Fri Apr 1, 2016 2:37 PM, Post Subject: Severed heads

What CodeAni said about past possessions is correct.

Since we don't yet have a trading system, I am willing to give a refund if you accidentally buy the wrong item. Just don't abuse the offer and say you accidently bought an item when you actually just no longer need it or something; if people start doing that, I'll stop giving refunds.

Author: Telperion The Second, Posted: Fri Apr 1, 2016 2:35 PM, Post Subject: Severed heads

I see. Thanks a lot !

Author: CodeAni, Posted: Fri Apr 1, 2016 2:08 PM, Post Subject: Severed heads

If you're not using them in posts and just reference them as past possessions, you don't need to have them bought. Example, you say that your character had a ship long ago, but you've never used said ship in a post so you don't need to buy.

There's not currently a way to sell an item, but there will be in the future.

Not sure about buying the wrong item. Possibly contact an admin to get a refund? (pokes Jenna to come back)

Author: Telperion The Second, Posted: Fri Apr 1, 2016 12:42 PM, Post Subject: Severed heads

Alright.
What about backstory items ? If I no longer have them, do I still have to have them bought ? Or what if I buy an item then use it, is there a way to sell it ? Or buy the wrong item ?

Author: Luthene, Posted: Fri Apr 1, 2016 11:45 AM, Post Subject: Severed heads

That's correct! You stole the item, and that means you now own it, and you're using it in a post. Ergo, you would have to buy that item.

Author: Telperion The Second, Posted: Fri Apr 1, 2016 11:20 AM, Post Subject: Severed heads

Also what about stolen items ?
Let's say I stole a horn from somebody, I still have to buy it, true ?

Author: Telperion The Second, Posted: Fri Apr 1, 2016 11:17 AM, Post Subject: Severed heads

I see.
Thanks !

Author: Luthene, Posted: Fri Apr 1, 2016 10:49 AM, Post Subject: Severed heads

Magical talking head, magical straw doll as a sub, I think.

Author: Telperion The Second, Posted: Fri Apr 1, 2016 9:31 AM, Post Subject: Severed heads

May be important to the story, but nothing magical, no.

On a somewhat unrelated note, the same applies for shrunken heads, true ? You know.. The ones that talk ?

Author: Luthene, Posted: Fri Apr 1, 2016 9:26 AM, Post Subject: Severed heads

A Child's Toy would work. Slightly morbid use of the toy, but it has a head. I assume the head doesn't serve any purpose beyond being a trophy of sorts?

Author: Telperion The Second, Posted: Fri Apr 1, 2016 9:07 AM, Post Subject: Severed heads

Let's say my character killed a person before the roleplay took place, and he has said character's head. Do I need to have a substitute item for said head, or not ?