Roleplay Forums > Parvpora > Koschei Isle > Kurayo > Awoo Werewolves of Kurayo [R?, O:1ish]
elusivephantom
Administrator

Character Info
Name: Kale Grenich
Alignment: CN
Race: Human...
Class: Psychic
Silver: 1468
Kurayo, a city built upon fragile balance with chaos forever bubbling beneath. This was a place ruled by the night; nearly permanent darkness blotted out the sky and protected the creatures of the night. Vampires ruled the city as diplomats with drow alongside, both were easy enough to manage. The true threat of the city was the werewolves and other lycans as it had been decided long ago to allow them to do mostly as they wished. At times, this might lead to bloodshed against those not of the city, but such was the way of things here. Why this place had become a major trading city, Kale would never know.

In spite of all this, the pirate found himself in this dangerous place without protection due to a job. The job had been an honest one, but the protection offered had run out that afternoon. Normally, he’d have left, but Kale had managed to secure another contract, though this offered no renewal of his protections as it was somewhat less than legitimate. He’d have to wait for tomorrow when his cargo would be loaded and he could depart. For now, he found himself in one of the taverns strewn about.

Kale sat at a table in an out-of-the-way corner, taking his time with the mead before him. As was his new custom, he was taking his time to try and avoid certain repercussions that tended followed him around when he’d drink too much. He’d slipped up the night before, but nothing too out of hand had happened as a result. The pirate was currently working on letters he’d need for his next job; some of them forgeries and others legitimate. Mixed among those were letters written to no one living in Revaliir and a few to what few friends Kale had in this world. He’d spent most of the evening at the table writing one thing or another.

He was in the middle of forging a particularly important document when the table was upended and thrown out of the way by a short but burly man with a snarl set upon his face. Behind the burly man stood another man and a woman, both well built and also with snarls set upon their faces. “Who the Hell do you think you are,” the shorter one demanded of Kale, “Where do you get off!?”

Kale looked from the group to the document he’d been working on now on the open floor. “That was a very important piece of paper you’ve just ruined,” he said, ignoring the man’s demands. “I don’t give a damn,” the man snarled in response, “You’ve got a lot of nerve!”

The words set his mind in motion; he’d had similar exchanges far too many times to count and each one usually involved someone’s sister, daughter, and so on. It seemed Kale did get into more trouble the previous night than he’d remembered. The intelligent thing to do would be find some way out of this situation, but that just wasn’t his way. “I’m sorry,” the pirate said with a smirk, “I’ve done so much in this city, was she the redhead?” In truth, Kale’s only memory was of talking with an attractive red-haired woman the night before, but that was as far as his memory went.

The three before him snarled and the lead man grabbed him by the collar, lifting him out of his chair and off the ground; quite an impressive feat feat given the height difference. The forms of the three had begun shifting, becoming more angular and wolfish, but Kale didn’t have time to appreciate the changing; with one motion he was sent through a window and out into the street. He rolled out into the road as the three figures burst through the door of the tavern, still mid-change. As Kale pushed himself up from the ground, he rose to look at the three. A malevolent grin spread across his face, accented by the minor cuts that now marred his face from the broken glass. Not one to keep quiet in a fight he said with a laugh, “ Ah I see. So it was the redhead, after all. Would it help if I said ‘sorry?’

Attie

Character Info
Name: Attie
Race: Human (Dead)
Class: Wanderer/Scholar
Silver: 0
The city was a dark place, filled with all sorts of strange beings. Vampires who would suck the blood of humans, werewolves who had teeth sharper than knives, and dark mages who would love the chance to practice their dark magic on strangers. All of this….didn't bother Attie much. She didn't know much about the city or its history and it was easy to see that she was an outsider. Attie just assumed that vampires, werewolves, and other beings were just people. There wasn't anymore to it. Her first stop was at a general store where the owner was selling simple supplies. Attie was out of rope and her last tinderbox had been eaten by an ogre, so she was needing new supplies. The store-keeper was a vampire and had an unfriendly expression but allowed her to enter his store, as she was still a paying costumer. 

"Hi!" Attie exclaimed with a friendly wave.

"…….Hello." The slightly surprised vampire responded. 

The vampire merchant could see that this girl was oblivious and decided to see if he could get some extra money out of her. He listened to what she needed then brought down some rope along with a tinderbox. But he wanted to see how much money he could drain from her before she became suspicious. Apparently, it was a lot of money because she ended up paying 45 silver instead of a normal price. Attie left, feeling as though she had struck a good deal, unknowing of how much she had just been scammed. As she walked down the streets, she spotted three furry people who were looking pretty angry at one guy. 

The man who was being threatened mentioned a red-head which made Attie think of somebody with a literal red head, face and all. But she had also heard him say sorry, which was more than enough for Attie to be on his side. On her hands were a pair of silver gauntlets with decorative etchings in purple, blue, pink and orange, each color fading to the next. Using her gauntlets, she was able to push the furry man on the far left into the other two, without even touching him. She walked over to Kale with a smile. 

"I'd say three against one is a little unfair." She said, "Mind if I even the score?"
elusivephantom
Administrator

Character Info
Electricity danced across the surface of the blood slowly making its way out from the cuts on his face. “How is, Kali, today? I see she’s not with you. I’d wager she’d be stopping you if she knew what you were up to, Kale said with a wicked grin, intent on getting his jabs in while he could, “Say, your lady friend there’s pretty cute, too, for a werewolf. I bet we could have some real fun.

The three finished their change and three full fledged werewolves now stood at the door; razor claws and teeth gleaming in the light. “I’ll have your h-,” the woman in back had begun. She’d been suddenly cut off as some unseen force had thrown the one beside her sideways into the group. The expression on Kale’s face likely matched the confusion the three werewolves were feeling. Kale blinked a few times and looked to the side the blow must have come from, finding a quite naive-looking young girl approaching him with a smile on her face. What the Hell was going on?

Uh,” he said with a pause, unsure of quite what to say, “S-sure? I don’t mind, but I’ve a feeling they’ll be the ones needing the help.

The werewolves were untangling now and scrambling back to their feet, accompanied by howls of unbridled fury and rage. Kale moved his right shoulder around a couple times to make sure it was loosened and free of complications; he had no reason to think there would be with Shiloh's skill, but he did put an admittedly unforeseen amount of wear on it and it was better to be sure.

The lycans sprang into action and encircled them as best as three creatures could. Icy blue eyes darted about waiting for the first of the werewolves to make their move. Finally, one broke the circle and lunged at Kale in a flash of teeth and fur only to be met with Kale's metal fist. Teeth cracked and chipped accompanied by an unsettling crunch of bone and cartilage as the female lycan was sent sprawling backwards, but the damage wouldn't last long. The pirate leapt on top of the lycan, forcing her gaze to meet his; "Don't move," Kale commanded, and the female lycan simply nodded and obeyed even as Kale was struck hard from the side by another lycan. She remained on the ground staring up into the dark sky.

Everything hurt; the sudden force of the impact had knocked the wind out of him and sent an ache screaming through his body. If it hadn't been for the metal arm, there's no telling what damage might have been done.

Attie

Character Info
Attie had no idea what the real fun meant but she assumed it was something involving fighting since that is what the lycans seemed interested in. As the two werewolves went after Kale, one of them lunged after Attie. She managed to dodge the first attack but felt the swipe of claws on her arm from his second attack. Attie backed off and raised her hands towards the beast. Her hands glowed with a light blue and she used her magic to pull a large amount of water from a nearby well. The lycan was distracted by the strange floating blob of water. Attie took this chance and dropped all the water on the Lycan, drenching him. 

"You think that water will stop me you little b**ch?!" The lycan roared. 

There was a slight look of sadness on Attie's face, as she did not appreciate being insulted. Her hands glowed even stronger as the water on the Lycan began to freeze. In a matter of moments, the werewolf was frozen to the ground, though Attie was careful to not freeze the Lycan's head. She didn't want to kill the beast but he wouldn't be able to move which was the important part.

"You should really be careful about the words you say."
She lectured him, "They can hurt people's feelings." 

Her next focus was on Kale as he was being struck by the third Lycan. Attie snatched the whip from her belt and used it to ensnare the third werewolf that was attacking Kale. She pulled on the whip to ensure that it was too tight for the lycan to escape but she knew it wouldn't last forever. 

"Punch him!" She shouted to Kale. 
elusivephantom
Administrator

Character Info
What must have been an exorbitant mass of flesh and gnashing teeth and raking claws struggled to get past Kale’s defenses. There were highly audible cracks as saliva drenched fangs of ivory snapped together, just missing the pirate’s face. The massive claws of the lycanthropy dug hard at the ground, keeping Kale from kicking the beast off of him. This creature was driven by raw rage and a fiery hatred; without a doubt, this was the ringleader.

Suddenly, the wolf was pulled off of him; ensnared by a whip and reeling backwards as Attie pulled tighter. “Ya don’ hafta tell me twice,” Kale called as he lunged for the beast. As  his metallic fist connected with the creature’s face, unseen energy surged through the arm and into the lycan. The thing let out a howl of agonizing pain, far exceeding any amount of force Kale could have generated himself. The creature’s howl died off as his consciousness waned as a result of the mental agony his mind had endured.

He nodded to Attie, “Do me a favor. Keep that frozen one there?” He walked over to the first lycan, the woman, and knelt down beside her. “See,” he said with a wry smirk, “I told you we could have fun. Change back.” The werewolf’s clouded eyes set on Kale, though they never truly focused on him but she did as instructed. “Now get up and walk until you reach the city’s edge. If you tell the story later, make it clear that you lot were in the wrong; we merely defended ourselves. Discourage retaliation, you get me? And who knows, maybe next time I'm in town we can meet under more… agreeable circumstances.” The woman nodded slowly with a smile and brought herself to her feet before turning and walking towards the city’s borders. Kale watched her leave, shaking his head once she had gone and turning to his rescuer.

Well, this was ah barrel o’ fun, don’t ya think,” he asked Attie as he approached, coming to stand beside the woman and in front of the frozen wolf. He took a moment to compose himself while his icy stare met the werewolf’s. He cleared his throat and said to Attie, “Now, what should we do with this one? I’d say his fate’s yours to decide, though I do recommend we don’t kill him.

Attie

Character Info
Attie watched as Kale defeated the last one. He then looked to her and asked to keep the frozen lycan there, so Attie went to the Lycan and created a layer of ice that would keep the werewolf frozen for a while, though not enough to kill him. She looked back to Kale and saw him talking to the female Lycan, instructing her to leave and explain that it was self defense. 

"Yeah it was fun!" She said with genuine enthusiasm, "As for him….I have a few dastardly ideas…"

Attie let out a small giggle and rubbed her hands together in an evil manner. Then she held out one hand and began to summon something. Her hand glowed with light and she started mumbling a spell. But instead of summoning any weapons, potions, or even other beings, she summoned a plate with a steak on it. The steak was medium sized and cooked to perfection. She held out the steak in front of the Lycan but didn't let it get close enough for him to eat it. 

"You see this?" Attie said to the Lycan, "This is a steak all the way from Adeluna that I just summoned here. Its from one of Adeluna's best chefs. But why is it so special? Well I'll tell you. The chef didn't just cook it. He used a wide range of flavorful compounds that give it that deep, rich flavor and mahogany color. This mouthwatering steak is one of the few steaks out there that has been cooked to perfection. Not too raw, not too cooked, its just right. And guess what, it'll be right here. Right where you can see it but not eat it. And by the time that you are thawed out, the steak will be cold and its perfection ruined. Or somebody might steal it right from under your nose."

She placed the plate with the steak on the ground at the Lycan's feet. He will not be able to eat it but would have the perfect place to smell it. Attie then turned to Kale with a big dorky grin on her face. 

"That should teach him to try to kill other people!" She said with a smile.