Roleplay Forums > Parvpora > Koschei Isle > Kurayo > Broken Cartel[P,R]
Sharifa

Character Info
Name: Sharifa
Alignment: CN
Race: Royal Wasp
Class: Infiltrator/Spy/Assassin
Silver: 0
Caution was the most important aspect of the job. She was a total outsider to this continent, let alone this feral city, and once spotted she would be easy to recognize. So, she had to make sure she wasn’t spotted in clear view before she was finished with her business here.

Up on a roof top Sharifa was crouched down in the darkest shadow she could find, her cloak wrapped around her. Black cloth that was light in weight made her nearly invisible in the perpetual darkness of the city. Her focus was on the building across the street from her as she waited for the right moment.

A drug ring had been found operating within Canelux, selling powerful and toxic drugs. These drugs were meant for werewolves and vampires, it was tailored to them. But while it did provide a high feeling for a time, it could also induce bloodlust in the user. Any other race that took it could fall into that same bloodlust, but it would also damage the heart as well as it made the heart beat much faster, sometimes leading to cardiac arrest.

Sharifa had tasked to remove that threat from Canelux, and she had done so very thoroughly. By doing so Sharifa had learned of the city that the ring was operating out of and creating their product. After that she just had to keep a low profile and watch the city until she found what building they were using. Now she had that target and the means to bring the place down once she got inside and removed what threats she could.

Shar hadn’t bothered to remove some of the street level sellers, they were puppies to the alphas at the top. Shar wanted the alphas gone, that would break the cycle, along with destroying what stock was left and destroying the means of its production.

The Wasp watched as three figures entered the building and she nodded to herself. Now was the time to start.
Neveah

Character Info
Name: Neveah
Alignment: TE
Race: Vampire
Class: Sorcerer
Silver: 1618
The vampire had been a bit distracted with her blonde vixen. The pair barely came up for air. The room smelled like sweat, blood, and desire. Neveah couldn’t be certain how many days had passed. They ordered bread and fruit from time to time but nothing else seemed to be necessary. It wasn’t until Veah received a letter under the door that she really thought about the outside world. Frankly, nothing else mattered to the vampire. Azrail was the first thing that made sense in this new world - which was saying something given their history and personalities.

The note had been a sharp reminder of a plan she had already set in motion. She glanced at her sleeping companion with a sigh. All Neveah wanted was to crawl back into bed and allow Azrail’s scent to comfort her like a blanket. However, she knew there was a job to do and this opportunity was not going to come around again. The redhead climbed into bed, straddling her partner. She ran her nose up the crook of Azrail’s neck. “I’ll be back,” she whispered, words dripping like warm honey. After a soft nip, she quickly rose before Azrail could convince her otherwise.

The redhead hastily put on her leather pants, a black top, and her boots. She slid a dagger on her thigh and another inside her right boot. Her crushed velvet cloak hid her special cat o' nine tails to her hip and while her assassin’s comb sparkled in her hair. Neveah paused at the door, taking one last look of the vixen that had bewitched her before dashing away.

The night was cool against her face as she prowled towards the meeting spot. Her movements were smooth and deliberate like a calm stream. She made an abrupt turn to take to one of the alleyways. The vampire slowed her movements as she neared the end of it. Her emerald gaze darkened as her senses heightened. The vampire had almost forgotten the thrill of a slow, deliberate hunt. Slowly she was able to see the targeted building. She paused and wafted her hand, causing shadows to envelope her. Then she neared the exit. Her gaze fell upon the three ring leaders. A vicious grin formed upon her slightly bruised lips.

One. Two. Three.

As she stepped into the street, the shadows fell back. She pushed the door open and expected to find a relatively busy tavern. Instead, there weren't many people. The vampire and two wolves she had spotted outside seemingly disappeared. The vixen pushed back her hood and ordered a glass of wine as not to be suspicious and took a seat with her back against the wall, near. She sipped slowly and waited.

Sharifa

Character Info
After the three figures had entered the building Shar had zipped over head to the back, not seeing the fourth party entering the building at that point. Watching from a roof top for a moment someone came out the back of the building. Shar silently dropped from the roof to the ground using the shadows to her advantage even though she had no shadow magic of her own. This man wasn’t one of the ones she had seen walk inside but he was certainly part of the cartel.

Shar drew back an arrow on her bow, silver tipped broad head ready. Seemed this guy was break or something as he pulled out a pipe and lit it with a match. Just as the flame flared to life Shar’s arrow caught him in the side of the head, her ethereal bow helping give her great accuracy on top of her own proficiency with the weapon. He was dead before he hit the ground and Sharifa moved in quick, but as she was getting close to the door it opened again and someone else came out.

This guy was out the door and it was shut before he noticed the body on the ground. Before he could raise the alarm Shar’s dagger appeared through his throat. That was the dagger in her upper right hand, her three other hands and their daggers struck him in the heart, gut and back. He struggled but Shar had him stabbed in four spots and was holding into him hard twisting the blade in his neck to keep the bleeding going. These weren’t humans, they were either vampires or werewolves and would be stronger than her in a straight fight, but straight fights were for suckers and the dead in her experience.

Lowering him to the ground she removed her blades and quickly dragged the two bodies out of sight of the door just in case. Knowing she was going into close combat Shar drew into her top right hand one of her sapphire swords and her sun’s kiss shield in her left. Her lower left hand held a stinger rapier and her lower right held a silver throwing star, one of her a few she had picked up for this job, like her arrows.

Taking a breath Sharifa closed her eyes for a moment before she opened them again with a slight glow as her aura sight kicked in. Able to see a little better the Wasp assassin carefully opened the door, she figured she had a few minutes before the two she killed were considered late and people came looking. She expected that this would turn into a fight, but if she was careful perhaps she could get this done without much noise and set the whole place on fire and get out.

Perhaps.
Neveah

Character Info
Neveah allowed her posture to appear relaxed, her shoulders falling back and her gaze low. She ran her finger pad along the rim of her glass. Her other rested lazily upon the table. Briefly, her thoughts wandered back to her past life in the old world. She had been approached first about openly the brothel with the prettiest fae woman she had ever had the pleasure of laying her eyes upon. Kisalina was also smart and ambitious. She, however, needed the capital for her business along with someone to share the risk. Veah had been looking for purpose at that point in her life and gladly agreed. At some point along the way, Kisalina decided running a business was not exactly what she wanted. The fairy desired the ability to boast that the establishment was hers but did not actually want the responsibility. The pair decided to dissolve their partnership. It had been a painless decision as the vampire thoroughly enjoyed the venture. And, it was only going to grow. The fallen deity already knew there were certain gals that were going to do more than just give pleasure. They were going to gain trust and secrets; they simply needed a little guidance and motivation.

The drugs aspect of her shop came much later. The vixen could not have anticipated she would become the primary hub for one of the most addictive substances in the world. Frankly, it wasn’t a business she was particularly interested in being in. It took some convincing from one of her patrons to even get an audience with the redhead. As he explained how the agreement would be mutually beneficial, she made sure he knew Butterfly Kisses came first for her. She would not hesitate to make certain decisions, like kill a runner who thought it wise hurt one of her girls. The vampire also weighed her role in the Veil and the health of the guild. Nemesis never asked details of her business so one evening she decided to share this idea to get his thoughts. The elder vampire was far more reckless and power hungry during this time and encouraged her to move forward. His end game was always been to watch the world burn - and make sure the world knew exactly who lit it on fire.

The vixen ran her free hand through a few dangling locks before taking another sip of wine. Everything was different now. She thought of opening a new brothel but the areas she was interested in had a few big names already established. If she were being honest, Veah was not ready to move away from the protection of Nemesis’s influence in Kurayo.

Growing a bit restless with her thoughts, Veah downed the rest of the cheap wine. A barmaid briefly walked by and dropped off a small glass of water. Neveah reached back to her comb and pulled it up, crimson locks tumbling free. She placed it next to the cup. Her head tilted slightly as it softly glowed and the water disappeared from the glass. The spines of the comb appeared glossy. The vampire smiled, tucked it into an internal pocket of her cloak, and rose from the table. She tossed more than enough silver on the bar as she walked by. She did not go back out the door she came. Instead, given the lack of patrons overall, decided to wander about. What’s the worst that could happen? she thought with a small, arrogant smile.

The building was fairly narrow like most in the old, derelict town. She prowled slowly, scanning for a scent trail. The vampire could detect the various races but couldn’t be certain they belonged to the trio in question. Instead, she caught a whiff of blood. Her eyebrow arched and a grin grew upon her lips. Veah couldn’t help herself. Her mischievousness far outweighed her need for a meeting with the cartel leaders. This likely explained why the chaotic vixen found herself in trouble more often than not. Neveah did not unclasp her cat o nine tails but did unsheathe her dagger. The door before her opened and a wasp woman appeared before the vampire. Veah didn’t need to see the bodies to be certain this huntress had been busy. “Evening,” Neveah purred. “Is it me you’re looking for?” She placed her free hand upon her chest and batted her emerald gaze innocently. “I certainly hope not. I have an appointment I simply must make.” Even if they’re unaware I’ve invited myself.

Sharifa

Character Info
Shar hadn’t got through the door because as she opened it another figure was already standing there. Weapons up Sharifa took a half a second to study the form before her, female, armed with a dagger and a whip of some kind on her as well, but it was not in the female’s hands. Sharifa held herself back long enough for Neveah to speak, the batting of eyelashes was lost on the wasp woman however, only the words spoken mattered. Sharifa didn’t recognize this female before her, that didn’t mean she wasn’t part of this drug cartel, but, something told Shar that she wasn’t.

The wasp’s wings buzzed in agitation for a moment before she spoke. ”Cancel your appointment then and get out of here, it’s not safe.” She eyed the dagger for a moment. ”You don’t want to be dealing with these kinds of people, miss, and they won’t be around much longer anyway.” Sharifa said nothing more as far as details went though. ”Now, please step aside and let me pass so I can do what I came here to do. Time is short, and I will force my way past if need be.” Sharifa waited to see how Neveah would respond, only giving the woman a few moments to move or be forcefully moved, whatever she picked.
Neveah

Character Info
In different scenario, the vampire would have been intrigued my the wasp woman's race. The vixen had never met an insect creature. However, it was obvious there would be no such pleasantries exchanged. That was fine. Neveah was not one to back down regardless of the situation. Typically this sort of reckless abandon served her well and not always because she was actually equipped for the situation. Sometimes, just playing the part was enough for the opposition to back down or at least underestimate her long enough for her to gain the advantage. Men were much easier to manipulate then women, which she attributed to women being accustomed to playing roles and games since childhood. As a girl, her father empowered her while her mother frowned upon it. Veah could not bring herself to be interested in ladylike activities when the alternative was to be in the forest with a bow or in the courtyard with a sword. The only lesson she truly looked forward to was dance. It pleased her mother greatly to dress Neveah and her sister in gowns then watch them float along the dance floor. The redhead wondered if her mother liked to pretend they were just a bit higher in the social structure of their community. Veah could not help but roll her eyes at the thought given they were well off and respected. As an adult and a mother, the vampire understood her own mother a bit better but appreciated her father even more. Without those practical life skills, the vixen would have led a very different life - one that she would have hated.

"Unfortunately, I cannot do that. I've been waiting for an awfully long time to set up this little arrangement," the vampire responded with a toothy grin. "Trust me, there's not much that could have pulled me away from the stunning blond that was in my bed except for this opportunity." She crossed her arms over her chest with a wide stance. Her head titled slightly, eyes narrowing. "What exactly did you come here to do? I'm not one to bet but if I had to wager, I'd guess you think you're going to kill the men that are just over there." She pointed towards the hallway that led to a set of stairs. "The question is why. Do you think you're going to rid the world of scum if you cut off the head of snake? If so, you fail to realize that will do nothing but create a power vacuum. There will be more chaos and death as people claw their way to the top to fill that void. On the other hand, perhaps you want to slid into that seat yourself which would mean you're after money and prestige." Her eyebrow arched while her shoulders remained pulled back, her chest out, and her chin tilted up. The redhead's finger pads rapped against her arm, thinking things through for a moment. She glanced over her shoulder quickly before looking back at the other woman. "Look, I'm going to walk into that room and one of two things is going to happen here. They're going to integrate me into this circle or I'm going to take it. I didn't come here for you, but I'm not going to let you mess this up either. I've killed people for less." Veah wasn't posturing. She killed a half a town when she came to this new world just to see if she could - this actually mattered to her.