Roleplay Forums > Parvpora > Koschei Isle > Kurayo > A Friend [P,R]
Gabriel

Character Info
Name: Gabriel Byrkyn
Alignment: CN
Race: Werewolf
Class: Philanderer
Silver: 511
Gabe had to get some air- being underneath her thumb for so long was suffocating and he could only stand it for so long before escape was necessary. Unfortunately, that meant leaving Paulina behind, but she would forgive him. Eventually. He’d make it up to her but for the time being, it felt great to be out and about the city. Or at least it had been until he got near the docks and suddenly met with some familiar faces. A rather large and domineering black haired man stood by with a few men caught sight of him and immediately snatched him up by the collar of his shirt.

It took him a few moments to recognize the brute and hold a sheepish grin. “Oh…hey there Klaus, it’s been a while.” Klaus stared menacingly at him, all the while his hand grew tighter and he could feel his throat feeling the effects of it. “How’s the fam…” A fist came his way, and with no means of dodging it, he took it in full stride on his jaw. A copper taste came, filling his mouth and he slowly turned to face the man.

“Thinkin’ it’s funny, don’t ya? You cost me a good pile of coin when you deflowered my daughter and broke up her engagement.”

“Oh, to that pencil nosed little troll? You should be thanking me- she will certainly have some experience under her belt for the next fellow…”

Another punch was thrown and this time, he was free to fall onto the ground while some of the other men started to join in, kicking and stomping on him while Klaus watched on for a bit before he gestured for them to lift him up. His arms were restrained and he went to protest when he felt the next punch against his gut.

“You could only hide beneath your sister’s skirt for so long, you damn bastard. Now you will pay what you owe in full.”

This is peachy.

Gabriel was screwed- his loins would be the end of him, it was once said. Probably by Esme or his parents, and while he didn’t think it would be today, he didn’t have a fair chance with the numbers stacked against him. And worse, he barely had anyone aside from Paulina and his family for support.

Amorak Graves

Character Info
Name: Amorak Graves
Alignment: LN
Race: Vampire
Class:
Silver: 609
Walking aimlessly down the streets, Amorak had to find something to do with his time. A good part of him felt guilty that he lived with Jessamyn and didn’t contribute beyond their little deal. He wanted to be able to help out so he would have to find some sort of job. The question was, what would he be able to do and who would hire him. It was quite a dilemma that he would have to solve sooner rather than later.

Perhaps the docks? They certainly could use a few strong men to help with the ships. Despite his form, Amorak was as strong as the next guy and hoped that he would prove his case. But it wouldn’t come as much as he wanted when he overheard from the distance the sounds of a fight. Perhaps calling it that was being generous for when he decided to get closer to the ruckus, it looked pretty one-sided. A group of touch customers was beating down one man. Amorak didn’t feel like getting involved with this and was ready to walk away but as he started to turn away, he looked back and saw the victim struggle in vain while continued to get pounded.

Maybe it was fear over what could have happened if this continued, but before he knew it, the vampire caught the incoming fist with his hand. “Oi, who the hell are you?”, Klaus bellowed, his brows narrowing furiously at the auburn-haired man. “You should probably stop now. Whatever this is, I think he got the point.” His voice was quiet yet a bit unnerving.

“Lookie here, bloodsucker, ain’t none of ya business so scram.”

When Amorak didn’t yield, Klaus let out an animalistic growl before he yelped in pain over him crushing the hand he still had in his possession. Soon his comrades released Gabriel onto the ground and started for him but he was took quick to catch. Fists threw his direction, yet they never connected with his form. Instead, he waited until he sensed a good opportunity and let out his own attacks. Care and precise, he fought off the fools one by one until he nearly incapacitated most of them. Klaus, still reeling from his hand injury stared daggers at him and then Gabe. “This ain’t over yet, Gabriel. And you”, he snarled at Amorak, “You will join him in a grave, side by side, fella.”

He ran with his tail between his legs, leaving with those that could still carry and leave with the rest.

“This wasn’t what I wanted”, he groaned and held his forehead. The last thing he needed was to cause any trouble while he was on the island. That was one of the things he had promised Jessa and look what he did now. No job still, and now he would have a pack of wolves breathing down his neck. Emerald eyes then turned to see the beaten man who looked dumbfounded on him. Sighing, he offered a hand to him to help him up to his feet. “Look like you been through hell.”

Gabriel

Character Info
After a few good hits on him, Gabriel was sure that he was going home either with something broken or in a coffin- which he was sure his buddies here wouldn’t have minded. Perhaps he did deserve this for his actions in the past, even though he was just young, single and ready to mingle. It wasn’t his best idea to go after a betrothed woman, but that thrill was the reason why he had decided to go after her in the first place. But as he started to cough up and felt more blood fill his mouth, it looked like he was going to get his long-awaited punishment.

But something happened when he closed his eyes and braced himself for the next punch and it yet to come. Gabe peeked one eye open when he heard someone else’s voice. It was some redhead guy who might have just saw this little friendly meeting. He would have told him to get out of here, but he was wheezing a bit from getting punched in the stomach one too many times. But the stranger seemed unyielding and wanted to make a point. A very violent one from the looks of it as he fell onto the ground but saw the man stood his own ground despite the numbers. All Gabriel could do was watch on from the ground as the wolves were getting their asses handed to them. His eyes were amazed that someone from this town would actually defend him- chances were good that he didn’t know who he was.

“Well, that was splendid”, he retorted after Klaus and his flunkies left the two alone. “The way you handled them was wicked.” He grinned through the pain as if he was the one that won the fight and not being a punching bag. Looked like his new friend thought otherwise, but it all ended well in Gabe’s book. He took the hand and used it to him off the ground. “Don’t know the half of it…”, he started, fishing for a name before he offered his. “Gabriel. From what you’ve seen, I’m pretty popular here.” He threw his trademark grin right before he felt the back of his collar pulled and he immediately saw that it was one of Esme’s minions. “Uhoh.” He saw that Amorak was in a similar predicament and he cursed his luck when they were literally dragged back to his house. “Can’t we talk about this?” How the hell did she learn of his escape and location this fast?

They made it to her office where she was tending to Georgina’s hair, combing it with care. Her eyes were glued on what she was doing but it was clear who she was speaking to as her busy hands continued to work. “What am I going to do with you? You really think that’s I’d let you stroll out and get a beating from that brute?”

“Gabey got beat”, Georgina laughed. Esme smiled at her while Gabe rolled his eyes. “Release the man”, she commanded and Amorak was freed. “Hey, what about me?”

“I don’t know who he is, yet I trust him far more than my own big brother. What sense does that make, Gabriel? Anyway, I’m fairly certain your girlfriend was worried as well.”

He groaned and Amorak looked on confused as ever.

Amorak Graves

Character Info
Class:
Amorak”, the vampire responded, though any more pleasantries afterward were tossed to the side as he witnesses another man snatch up Gabriel and then himself. They were wolves like the last lot, but they actually knew what they were doing and Gabriel seemed to know who they worked for. Amorak barely struggled, seeing that it was pointless as they were lead up the street to a rather large manor. He looked dumbfounded when they eventually came face to face with who he thought to be the boss. Gabriel’s own sister? Why on earth did she capture him?

Soon though, it was starting to become clear to him as he was released yet his new friend wasn’t. Just what did he get himself into this time? He should have just stayed home and waited for Jessamyn to come back from work. He groaned inwardly as Esme finally lifted her gaze onto him. At least her brother kept a handsome company. “Look, I don’t have anything to do with this, so can I just, you know, leave?” She looked onto him before waving at one of her men. He took a step back from him, thinking that this was some sort of trap. Fortunately, he was proven wrong when he was instead handed a bag. Inside was a generous amount of silver and after staring at it for a few moments, he lifted his gaze up to hers. “What’s…”

“That is payment for protecting my knucklehead kin.”

“Hey now, Amorak was being a pal. Don’t have to pay off every single guy that would fight with me.”

“Fight to stand up for you, you mean”, she corrected. “Lester already told me what happened. You got caught by Klaus and was getting beat up.”

“Poor Gabey”, their little sister spoke, tilting her head at him while her big sister was putting the finishing touches on her.

“Gee, thanks. I didn’t even know who he was, or you for that matter…I’m new here.” The vampire felt a bit uncomfortable being surrounded by such lavishing settings and wealthy people. Even back when he was human, his whole tribe probably wasn’t even worth one of these individuals. Of course, money was fairly useless to them, also. “Don’t worry, Amorak is it? I’m sure that things can be arranged since you are starting out here.” Esme smiled widely at him, making him e a tad uncomfortable.

“I’d run if I was you”, Gabe whispered, but then noticed his sister’s eyes lingering onto him and quieted down.

Paulina

Character Info
Name: Paulina Manaroot
Race: Elf/Baba Yaga
Class: Bog Witch
Silver: 2035
“What do you mean he left?” He had left her there… Paulina’s face slumped into a frown. She could tell that he was acting like a cornered rat. He needed his freedom but normally he tried to take her. Had it gotten so bad that he needed to leave her behind? Was she dead weight then? Paulina shook the thoughts from her head. She would wait then. He would come back for her… Right?

So Paulina waited and she paced about their room. Her long black curls were brushed and well kept now thanks to Esme. She wore a berry colored dress that was haltered up around her neck and off shoulder bellowing sleeves. Trimmed in gold was the dress. It went to her knees and the back was longer than the front. A belt that matched the gold was around her waist. She at least looked much better than when Gabriel had first found her.

“They found him.” One of Esme’s men had found her to tell her. They at least liked Paulina just like Esme did. It was odd that Gabriel kept a woman but Paulina was odd in general. She wasn’t like the other woman of Koschei or Kurayo. Even the way she held herself was different. The aura of the witch was foreign. Her bi-colored eyes grew with excitement.

“Where is he?”

“Getting in trouble with his sister… The normal.” The man left and Paulina made her way up to Esme’s room. Gabe was about to be in deeper water. Shyly Paulina opened the door and stuck her head in. She was about to yell at him when she noticed how beat up he was.

“GABRIEL,” her voice was mildly horrified as she almost ran up to him. Her hands went to his face and she was looking him over. “What did you do?” Concerned eyes were looking at him. “And… why did you leave me?” She wasn’t being clingy but this was more of a straightforward question. “You know they don’t like you.” Paulina looked behind her at Esme and her eyes lingered on Georgina for a bit. It was still hard living under a roof with a child.

Slowly Paulina turned her eyes to Amorak. “You saved him? Thank you.” Paulina was quick to release Gabriel and take up Amorak’s hands. “I owe you too.” It must have been weird. Here was this heavily accented woman who barely knew how to act civilized chastising a nobleman… If she knew any better she would have found it humorous.

OOC: Brittlez
Paulina got her name from the song Paulina by The Dreadnoughts.
Gabriel

Character Info
This was a hassle- being treated like a child. Gabe looked to his baby sister and shook his head; no, even a child like Georgina was treated better than he was. This was absolutely ridiculous for him to stomach, and what more was that his sister was making googly eyes with Amorak, making this all the more awkward in the room. “Great, how can this get any worse?”. He breathed, though he was going to soon regret those words.

“Oh no.”

He turned around to see Paulina behind them and he groaned. “Hey Paulina, how’s it going?” She barraged him with questions like he was dying or something. He was beat down, that’s for sure but he wasn’t about to die from his injuries. Then he had to remember that she wasn’t used to seeing the great Gabriel get pummeled unless it was by Esme. “I just walked outside and meant with some friends. One of them was still crossed with me for being friendly with his daughter…”

Esme huffed at the half-hearted confession, “He means that he had sex with her when she was to be wed to another man. The ringleader wasn’t keen on losing out on a business deal because of it.” Gabe scowled at her and her bluntness, but it couldn’t be helped. “I didn’t leave you just to do so. It would have been easier for one person to leave than two?” He flashed her an all too familiar smile which died down when she made a blunt comment of her own. Esme and Georgina laughed heartedly while Amorak was still trying to figure out what kind of circus was this.

The vampire looked to the strange woman (though they were all such to him) who now had his hands. “No need for that. I was just in the right place at the right time.” Not too mention that he got paid a lot for merely fighting off some ruffians. Maybe that was his calling, to protect others thought he wasn’t too sure about the getting money out of it part. What more was that Gabriel’s sister was eying him like candy, though he wasn’t sure if she was messing with him or not.

“Hey Amorak, you staying any place?”, Gabe asked with Amorak nodding his head immediately. “Yes, I’m staying with my…friend, Jessamyn.” Esme only sighed and smiled, “The good ones are always taken…” While that was yet to be the case in his “relationship” with Jessa, he was glad that he had remembered. Speaking of which, he would have to get going soon before she got home and worried about where he was. “Well then, I suppose I should come and make sure you get home safely…”

Amorak gave him a weird look. “That’s okay, she doesn’t live too far…” Gabe’s eyes lite up as he figured out how to get away from this house for a bit longer. “Nonsense, let’s go! Don’t wait up for us, sis!” Before any sort of protest could be made, he took both Amorak and Paulina by each of their arms and fled from the house, leaving his sister to curse his name but other than that, leave him be. He would have to come back anyway.

Amorak, against his wishes, led the duo back to the the house where he stayed. “Looks cozy”, Gabe said as he looked at the exterior. He couldn’t remember ever visiting another’s house that he had to worry about getting kicked later, for one reason or another. He still held onto Paulina as they were let inside. “Jessa should be back any moment so…” The vampire turned to see that Gabe was looking all over the place, studying as much as he could and he turned to Paulina. “Is he always this…forward?”

Paulina

Character Info
Name: Paulina Manaroot
Race: Elf/Baba Yaga
Class: Bog Witch
Silver: 2035
Paulina made a face. “What was the word Esme used.” She had a long thoughtful look. “Slut. You were being a slut and it got you in trouble again.” She was still getting used to things and she wanted to use her new knowledge where she could. Right now was a good time for it… Right? The witch made a frown at him with his response but he was right. Every time he tried to get out with her they never made it far at all… But at least he wasn’t beaten like this.

“Still… Thank you for saving Gabriel.” Paulina would have been lost without him and it was clear from the look in her eyes she would have been. Somehow Gabe had managed to get them out of the house under the guise of taking Amorak home.

Paulina’s mouth was open slightly as she studied the house. “It’s not as big as Esme’s… Do houses come in all sizes?” She had only ever been in the safe house, a shack, and Esme’s. Her arms went around Gabe’s so he didn’t have to pull on her anymore. Bi-colored eyes looked all the way around.

Once Gabe let her go to look all over the place Paulina found herself awkwardly standing with Amorak. She didn’t know him at all. Her eyes blinked at him once he addressed her. “…Isn’t everyone like Gabriel?” She tilted her head. “Thought everyone else was weird.” Coming from the weird girl.

After ten minutes or so the door open and a sigh could be heard. The very small and curvaceous woman was sliding off her long coat before hanging it up. She had on barely anything her work clothes. Her long blonde hair was pinned up in seductive curls. It was at that point when her purple eyes looked up as she looked from Paulina to Gabriel. Her nose was on point. “Since when do you bring Strays home? Are we sure he doesn’t bite?” It was more of a joke as she began to take the pins out of her hair and let the long blonde curls down. “Do I get to be introduced to your new friends?”

Paulina’s eyes were glued to her. “You… are tiny.”

Jessamyn was now watching Paulina. “And you… are far away from home.” Paulina looked taken back by the comment. It meant that in the small amount of time that Jessamyn had been looking and listening that she knew a lot more than most would. “Your accent is Feeorian… I know it well enough.” Jessa’s own accent was foreign to Kurayo but that was only shocking to those who didn’t know her.

OOC: Brittlez
Paulina got her name from the song Paulina by The Dreadnoughts.
Amorak Graves

Character Info
Class:
Gabe frowned when Paulina of all people called him a Slut. She had been hanging around his sister far too long. “Slut”, Georgina giggled before she got a small pop in the mouth from Esme. The little girl puffed her face out from the embarrassment but didn’t say anything- it was no different than what Mother would have done if she’d hear her sweet baby girl echo things like that. Amorak rubbed the back of his neck, seeing that the small gesture to him was far greater to the woman. How in the world did a woman like her get caught up with a…man like Gabriel? It was strange but he wasn’t one to question it for long. There was another pressing matter that stirred his interest- and that was unwanted guests in a house that wasn’t even his.

He tried to protest but Gabe was too fast and slick and before he knew it, the trio was in Jessa’s house. “Aye”. Gabe responded, “They come in all shapes and sizes- some of them are huts, others are mansions and even castles.” Paulina was still learning and he was willing to teach her all the things that she wanted to learn. He had forgotten how much of an appetite for knowledge the witch had. While he went around snooping like a bloodhound, the vampire was alone with his partner, for a lack of a better word. “No, Gabriel’s an interesting character. Most people are weird, at least in my experience anyway. Then again, I’m used to different settings, not like the ones he’s used to. I’m from a much small village that doesn’t exist anymore.” She certainly seemed like he had gotten her right out of the woods.

It wasn’t long before he heard the door open and if his heart was beating, it would have frozen right then and there. Gabriel came from the foyer to see who came in and his jaw dropped down when he saw Jessamyn in her “getup”. His eyes would have dropped as well if they could, all the way to the floor as he wasn’t prepared for the glorious sight. Amorak, sighing, went over and closed Gabe’s mouth. “No no, they, well he followed me back here. Paulina was dragged here along with me.” Gabe didn’t wait for him to introduce him; he went over to her and reached for her hand. “A pleasure, for both of us. I’m Gabriel Byrkyn.” Not often did he drop his last name, but this was a special occasion as he looked back at Amorak and winked.

“You must be Jessamyn, Amorak told me so little of you. Shame on him.”

“He’s harmless, I can assure you. His mouth gets him into plenty of trouble it seems though.” He wasn't too surprised that she picked up on Paulina rather quick, she had a good head on her shoulders. Even he hadn't noticed her accent, but then again, Kurayo was a sort of melting pot which people coming from all over to live on the island. Meanwhile, he had to watch Gabe and keep him from drooling on the floor. "Why are you with him, again?", he questioned her with a raised eyebrow.