Roleplay Forums > Parvpora > Koschei Isle > Kurayo > Courtyard [P] [R]
Xerxez

Character Info
Name: Xerxez Volkov
Alignment: TE
Race: Vaewolf
Class: Serafina's ex boyfriend
Silver: 2908
As Xerxez was being dragged off, Sera grabbed him by the throat, her eyes pitch black, he could see the all the anger in just that fraction of a second. Of course, he deserved it. But that look she gave him never left his mind. With just the words "Shut up." He had heard all he needed to. Celeste didn't to keep pushing him as gladly walked out of the situation. She guided him through around a corner as as a sharp sound of an open hand meeting flesh echoed through out the house. He froze, his fists clenching and eyes going black. He quickly untensed as Sera's cold lifeless black eyes filled his head. He shook his head continuing down the hall with Celested gently pushing him from behind.

"Do you understand why I don't like him?" He shouted in rage. "I didn't ask for this." Throwing his arms up, gesturing at the whole situation. "She found me. I won't get into the gory details, but she was the last thing I saw dying. And the first thing I found reliving. I'm not one to fall for a girl, but she has me under some kind of spell. I spent my nights whore after whore, and the one that kills me is the one that I fall for. I try to be nice. I knew this was going to be a bad idea, I could here it in her voice when she proposed the idea. I just feel…" He sighed, realizing this was pointless. He kept picturing her face as she stared at him with cold black eyes. "Forget about it." Faraway, the human kept groaning, Xerxez, clenching his fists, spoke through clenched teeth. "Please tell me, Nemeses plans on finishing his food anytime soon." He said, rubbing his forehead. They continued walking until they reached the end of hallway where he opened a pair of doors leading outside where the sun had set, leaving a beautiful black sky in its absence. They ended up in a small courtyard as he turned to Celeste. "What did you want to show me?"

Celeste

Character Info
Name: Celeste Volkov
Alignment: LE
Class: Alpha Female
Silver: 1125
Celeste’s soft crimson eyes watched him. “Yes, but he isn’t mad at you now is he? If he was mad at you, you would have been dead by now. That is not something that is negotiable. He is stronger than he looks. He has taken down armies that look like you. That are bigger than him. I’ve watched him tear down entire civilizations. What Sera threw you into was unkind and I apologize for that but… It is not his fault.” She took a gentle sigh and continued to walk with him. “Knowing Serafina I already can figure out what she did.”

She put her hands on her belly as they walked together outside. She could hear the shouting from the two of them continuing even after the slap and shook her head. “The whore thing doesn’t surprise me. You see Sera was a Madam before Nemesis turned her. That’s how they met. It is entirely different from how Nemesis and I met. However, there is something about a sire that makes you fall in love with them Xerxes. It is the pull that they have. It is why no matter how much Sera is mad at Nemesis she loves him. It’s just how sires are with their fledglings.”

There for a few moments Celeste was quiet. “You feel betrayed and used by Serafina. Is that about right?” Hearing the groans Celeste chuckled a bit. “He was worried about Sera so he hasn’t been eating. Instead he was torturing the poor bastard. Try not to worry about it. You’ll get used to it. It was much worse when I got hurt over in Canelux. He almost killed the messenger. For all of his faults Nemesis loves us and he will love you too. Maybe not right now but things will get better. We are a family… And family is everything.”

Celeste picked up a lantern that was lit as they left the door. “The reason why Nemesis is so pissed is because this child was supposed to be the three of ours. I did this for us… I’ve wanted to do this for us. As you heard him yell.” She illuminated the dark area as she took him to a small graveyard. There were so many little tombstones. “We’ve been trying for the last two thousand years… This is just the children that made it to being birthed… We lost so many more to miscarriages and it broke me. So a few months ago a goddess gave us the choice. A goddess in Parvpora? The chances of that… Slim but she came to our house. She told Nemesis to help her daughter and she would let us get pregnant. She helped me grow this body because before I was so small and she helped make it so I could carry to term.”

She hanged up the lantern and put her hands on her belly. “To free me from that torment… the nightmares… Nemesis did it. It hurt Serafina and I knew it did but I accepted because of how long we’ve been failing. I just wanted to be free Xerxes… and by turning you she can be free too.”

"How blessed are some people, whose lives have no fears, no dreads, to whom sleep is a blessing that comes nightly, and brings nothing but sweet dreams."
—Bram Stoker, Dracula

Volkov Family Info
Celeste's History
Xerxez

Character Info
He shut his mouth, focusing on the fighting through the walls with his ears. It pained him that he wasn't fighting by her side, but he knew this was for the best. When the fight would end, he would be there by her side to lick her wounds, if she would still have him. The cold hard stare she gave him haunted him still. He took Celeste's words to heart as she talked about Nemeses. Xerxez knew he was starting trouble with his words. He had meant to. This family was important to Sera, and if he wanted to remain by her side, he knew he would have to apologize to Nemeses, though he almost gagged at the thought. They continued down walking the hall way as she explained the importance of family, something he didn't understand, but hopefully in time he will.

He helped her pick up a lantern as she guided him around the beautiful area. Flowers or different kind lay in neat patterns surrounded by carefully trimmed hedges. He followed Celeste to an area full of small tombstones as she revealed more about why they wanted to have a baby. As she explained it, he felt sympathy for Celeste and even Nemeses, as she described a different man that he experienced.

"I never knew. I'm sorry to hear that, Celeste. It sounds awful, to have gone through all of that. So many times." His voice filled with concern. Looking back on how he handled his self, full of bravado and disrespect, it was no wonder Sera had sent him off. Not that he'd admit it out loud, but he wished he had handled his self less disrespectfully. At least, Celeste was easy enough to talk to. "I hope she can be free with me. It's all I want. To hunt with her, to feed with her. As for you and me." He said, changing his lighter. "I think we can get along pretty well. At least not tearing each others throats out. Better than those two right now."

"I believe we might've met on the wrong foot, Celeste. I hope you too think too disappointing of me. I was always an angry person, but the change has made me temperamental to the slightest things." He chuckled a little, enjoying the cool night air on his skin. "Hell, ask Sera. I'm pretty fun."

They made there pass through the courtyard as she hung the lantern up. The doors closed behind him, and the fight seemed to be in full swing between the two. "For what it's worth, Celeste, I think you're pretty brave. Trying this many times for a child. It couldn't of been easy. Your sense of family is strong. Much stronger than mine. I guess if I'm to be part of the family, me and pretty boy will have to get along. Or at least not want to kill each other." The sounds of objects breaking rang through out the house as the human kept moaning. It looks like things haven't cooled down any since they left outside to the courtyard. "I guess with all the commotion going on, if you don't mind showing me where the rooms are? I know Serafina would've liked to give me the tour, but." He flashed a toothy grin. "She's a bit indisposed right now."

Celeste

Character Info
Name: Celeste Volkov
Alignment: LE
Class: Alpha Female
Silver: 1125
“It is a hardship that we have had to endure for a long time. It is not harder than the beginning though. I think because I have Nemesis by my side it has made me stronger and more capable of dealing with things. I don’t turn to anger like my sister or my mate… Not a lot of the times. But I still have a temper on me and I can be just as deadly as they are.”

Celeste nodded to him and gave a smile. “She will be just as soon as they are done. Nem needs to let her go and he will… He is just hurt by her words right now. We don’t fight often. He has a hard time letting things go but that’s because he has lived for a very long time. He has gone through so many lovers and it wasn’t until Sera and I that he was able to settle down. He’s losing his stability. As for me… I get along with everyone as long as they follow the rules.”

She played with her hair for a moment. “I wasn’t bothered by you but more by Sera’s inability to follow the rules or talk about her feelings. The miscommunication we all have is what led to tonight… but if I had said anything to Nemesis about how she felt she would have been on my ass like she is on his right now.”

Another chuckle left her lips. “I exploded on my village. I’m from a small village in the mountains near Baltil. The only place where my race could be found and I killed them all. I snapped. They had tried to trade me to a sex trafficking group because of how young I looked. I was fifty but I had the age of a fourteen-year-old. The men were into it so they tried to buy me with resources that the village needed. I felt so betrayed and hurt that I killed them all. Nemesis was coming to feast on us as our blood is quite delicious when he found me. I was all by myself and I was practically begging him to kill me… Instead, he brought me back here. Sera wasn’t very happy about it and she called me a midget. She told Nem to either turn me or kill me.”

She smirked a bit as she remembered it. “He didn’t turn me until the Moon Festival anniversary came up. It was like the sun was burning me to death and he couldn’t stand to see me in pain. We bonded… and that was the first time we ever made love. Our love was forged differently than that of him and Sera. Our love is softer… I don’t know how to explain it but it’s never been a desperate thing.” Her words were warm and full of love as she thought of her husband.

As they moved back into the manor she chuckled a bit. “I know how to survive… I also know what I want. I don’t give up just because bad things keep happening. I wanted it for all of us. A baby of our own would be strong and we need strong Vaewolves in our family. Family is all I have left. You will learn what family is but for right now it might foreign. You will learn to love everyone.”

Taking him up the stairs she brought him into a large hallway of doors. “This is the second floor where all the bedrooms are… This is our bedroom.” She pushed the door open so he could see the large room. “This is our baby’s room though.” She sounded so proud as she opened the door to the lovely decorated nursery. “I’ve been working on it all week.” There were many knitted things and they went from really bad to almost expert level in just a few tries showing how well and fast Celeste learned things. The crib was finely crafted with love probably from either Celeste or Nemesis making it. There were paintings as well. “Nemesis paints and he did some for the baby.” There were bookcases filled to the brim with fairy tales and other things. Piles of toys. This child was so loved already.

“Your room can be all the way down the hall… It is one of the larger rooms and also Sera’s. You will probably be sleeping in her room most of the time.” She took him out to it once the tour of the baby’s room was done. “Each room has a washroom so you don’t have to worry about sharing one with Pretty Boy,” she chuckled at the name. The house shook from the house and she sighed. “I’ll have to get a stonemason out here to fix the manor.”

"How blessed are some people, whose lives have no fears, no dreads, to whom sleep is a blessing that comes nightly, and brings nothing but sweet dreams."
—Bram Stoker, Dracula

Volkov Family Info
Celeste's History
Xerxez

Character Info
He winced as he heard a roar from downstairs. He thought about powering through Celeste but Sera's icy cold stare froze him in place. Though, he did appreciate her company. She distracted him by telling him of her tragic past. A past of slavery and blood. Nemeses had found her then and turned her. Truth be told, he despised Nemeses. What he was doing down stairs boiled his blood, and Sera's shared past with him drove him even further with jealousy. But, Sera had a close connection with him, he would do his best to be… polite at best. As they toured the rooms she brought him into the babies room. A small nursery with painted walls and kids book. The full collection. Nemeses had made paintings for the baby, so there was compassion where in him. But for only those that were his.

"Is there a name? For the baby, I mean?" He asked, curious. It was a sensitive subject with Sera, but with Celeste, he could learn all he wanted to about the baby. He observed the clothes that she had hand knitted. "Maybe I should give knitting a try, huh?" He said with a chuckle, trying to distract his self from the commotion down stairs. He had to admit though. It was extremely odd seeing this side of Nemeses. A caring side to him. Getting along with Celeste was easy enough, but he didn't think there was a chance him and Nemeses could stand on equal ground. Nemeses would hate him for having Serafina while he would hate Nemeses for having her first. There was no equal ground for them.

Celeste kept talking to him, when ever he went quite. It kept him distracted enough, and eventually he gave up on going down stairs. She led him out of the baby's room as she led him to Serafina's room. He expected to smell her scent, but the smell was faint as she didn't visit much anymore. He tried to imagine after spending the night in the city with Sera as they hunted and drank to their thirsts content. Coming back satisfied, they would retire to this bed. He gave a small laugh in the form of blowing air out his nose as a smile was brought to his face. He missed her. In the short time he was separated from he missed her already. He worried about her safety and well being. "What do you think about all this?" He turned to her and asked. "What do you think about a new member to the family. Do you share the same fears as Nemeses or the find excitement in all the new possibilities?"