Hint: Hover over a field name if you want to know what it's for.

Author: Serafina, Posted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:10 PM, Post Subject: Home, Sweet Home [P][R]

Sera gave Celeste a grateful look as she put the healing salve on her leg - her own healing properties would have easily fixed the leg over time, but the salve would speed up the process, though the look faded into something different as Celeste, in all her pregnant rage, went off at both Serafina and Nemesis.  She didn't respond to Celeste, instead keeping a straight face void of emotion as she was screamed at while she lay bleeding on the floor.  She was not necessarily scared of her, but she knew there would be no reasoning with her at this point.  Serafina chose instead to remain silent and allow her to go about her tirade.

She did feel a slight pang of guilt when she realized that the fight she and Nemesis had waged ended in the destruction of the tiny shirt she had been, but she still remained quiet - though she did chuckle as Celeste turned on Xerxez, who had not been party to the crime whatsoever, telling him that he would be taking her place because Celeste knew damn well that Serafina would do no such thing.  

As Celeste gave her full attention to Nemesis, Serafina was able to give her full attention to Xerxez as he rushed to her side.  When he pulled her into a hug, she winced and let out a bit of a pained noise, but allowed her body to melt into his nevertheless.  She did not respond to his declaration of being happy to see she was okay, because the only words she could think of were snarky remarks towards Nemesis and she did not want him to suddenly change his mind about killing her.  Her demeanor, however, changed as his lips brushed over the many cuts and scrapes that had been inflicted during the fight.  Her eyes fluttered closed and she relished the feeling of being close to him as he scooped her up and carried her to a sofa, laying her down in a gentle manner.  She found herself momentarily impressed by how well he seemed to be handling his newfound strength, as he was still able to carry out such gentle motions.

She turned to look at Nemesis as he addressed her, and then Xerxez, from the stairs.  It felt so awkward for her, to have such a serious conversation with the partner she had for over two thousand years - but it was happening, and there was no going back now.  "Thank you," she said, her tone softer than it had ever been with him.

As he left to search for a broom (a declaration which had caused Serafina to snort in laughter), she grasped his hand, not wanting to let go of him as he walked off.  When he returned, she watched him as he cleaned up before returning to her side, his face nuzzling into her neck as he spoke to her.  "You'll learn that there are reasons behind my commands to you - well, most of the time," she said, her eyes slowly fading from crimson to the masked blue she had at times.  "I want you to tell me, Xerxez, if that day ever comes - if you ever feel like you are treated unfairly, or you no longer want to be bound to me… you need to tell me.  I don't want anyone to feel what I have felt for so long," she said, closing her eyes as he brought his lips to meet her forehead.

When Nemesis had completely ascended the stairs, Serafina turned to Celeste.  "I need to feed," she said, her words solemn and serious.  "I cannot hunt now, and neither can you - and Nemesis needs to feed as well, though I can hear that pitiful human he's bleeding out right now," she said, her voice reflecting the old Serafina.  "And you," she said, turning to Xerxez.  "If I let you out into a populated town of humans on your own, you're going to slaughter the entire village," she said.  "Well, maybe only half - but we can't have you put us in that position," she said.  She looked back to Celeste.  "Which one of the maids is it… Charlena?  Is she that bitch with the nasty attitude?" she asked, knowing full well how hypocritical of a statement that was.  She looked back to Xerxez, running one of her hands through his shaggy hair.  "If you go to the help's quarters, there's a redhead named Charlena.  Complete fucking bitch - you'll know her when you see her," she said, rather haughtily.  "Call her in here to clean up.  We've got enough help - and I don't like her, anyway, the cunt," she added.  It was clear that she was already feeling better, as her attitude easily reflected, but feeding would help her regain a lot more of her strength. 

Author: Nemesis, Posted: Thu Nov 9, 2017 9:42 PM, Post Subject: Home, Sweet Home [P][R]

Nemesis was in incredible pain now that the adrenaline had cease coursing through his body. His right arm, for the most part, was in tatters and his face slashes and blood run down both like slow crimson rivers. Still, the worse pain was when he realized that he had almost killed Serafina and to a lesser degree, that she had fell for another man. But he couldn’t simply make her give Xerxez up and make her continue living a life she wasn’t happy in. He could have been even more selfish than he already had, but he didn’t want to tear this family apart because of that. Slowly he turned around before sitting with his back against the wall and listened. Really listened to her as she actually spoke to him. The sorrow was written in his eyes but he wouldn’t deny that he’d wouldn’t have given his permission if she had. “Probably not, I would have thought that this was a rash decision.” Holding onto his wounded arm, he knew that sooner or later he was going to have feed to help regain the lost blood and that worthless human up there serve him well after all. While he was still not ecstatic when she referred to Xerxez as family, it was a bitter pill that he would have to swallow at some point. Right now he would have to go and lick his wounds, metaphorically speaking. The smile on her face looked foreign to him as she wasn’t one to wield such normally, but it was all the proof to finalize his thoughts on the matter. “Then be with him”, he repeated, throwing his head back to look at the ceiling. He winced in pain, Sera had got him good. But then again, she had always seem to be able to inflict the most pain to him.

The others returned to the messy scene of the broken and bloodied interior of the manor and the two that caused it. Celeste’s reaction was expected- he had recalled her driving him nigh insane over the blasted appearance and to keep it clean and intact. The pregnancy only made her temper even worse as her voice echoed around the room and likely into the other rooms. Nemesis spotted Xerxez quickly moved towards Serafina to tend to her, watching with passiveness as she was carried over to the sofa. It felt like ages before he gathered himself off of the floor and looked to his arm before gripping it. The amount of blood loss was making him woozy and his wife caught him into an embrace and his free hand was brought to her stomach where he felt their son residing. Everyday the boy seem to be going stronger and it usually soothed him in hopes that he would come to term, unlike so many of his unfortunate siblings. He pressed his lips onto the top of Celeste’s head before gently pulling away. He managed to look up to see the beta offer an apology for his temper, but in truth it was simply a combination of his recent turn and being protective over Sera. He said nothing at first as he started to head back up the stairs, but stopped after climbing up a couple of steps and turned his head enough to see them. “Two thousand years…you hid your pain for nearly most of it. The least I could do is let you be happy, Sera.”

“And you…Xerxez, was it? You best take good care of her.” Nemesis turned back forward and was somehow able to bring himself back up to the study. The human was still going on in his desperate struggle even more with his return and the sound of the door locking. Looking towards him, he moved over to his desk and grabbed a chalice and a nearby letter opener. He was too tired to feed from a struggling victim and so he moved over towards him, and took him by the head to bring the man up to his knees. In a fluid motion, he took the letter opener and sliced through his throat and brought up the chalice to collect the crimson rain as it sprayed out. He waited until it was full before he came over to the windowsill to sit and enjoy his drink beneath the moonlight.

Author: Xerxez, Posted: Thu Nov 9, 2017 6:28 PM, Post Subject: Home, Sweet Home [P][R]

As Xerxez and Celeste were talking the noise from the foyer had subsided after a series of thumps. There was no sound after that. The fight was finally over. He followed Celeste through stretches of hallways with painting and such. Every now and then a window would reveal the starry night sky over looking the small courtyard that they were in previously. Celeste's company was nice, and comforting even. She tried to distract him with small talk but his mind would fall back to Sera and how much it killed him to sit on the sidelines and do nothing. The anticipation was eating at him, at least when they were fighting he knew she was alive. They rounded some corners and walked though archways, the interior of the house lost on him. The hallways and rooms were beginning to look familiar and he could faintly hear Sera talking. Breathing a sigh of relive, they finally walked into the foyer which had drastically changed. Tables were smashed, walls had dents, and blood stained the cracked tiles of the floor. He stood motionless as he listened to Sera softly speak to Nemeses. He could her the pain in her words, so much that he winced at her words.

But she began talking about him, where her voice seemed to change. He could see a smile on her face that warmed his heart. He had never felt feelings like this before, for anybody in his life. To worry about their safety, to hurt when they did. It was a new experience to have someone who had this much control of him. But he was damn glad it was Sera who he had these feelings for. And he was glad he could make her this happy by simply thinking about him. A chandelier fell, shattering against the tile glass as she made a remark about Celeste. He slowly made his over to Serafina and knelt beside her, holding her chin gently in his hand. Her eyes were puffy, there were dry streams of blood from her eyes. There were bruises all over her, cuts dotted her body. Seeing what Nemeses did to her angered him. The hand at his side clenched down and he felt his body shaking as his eyes flashed black for only a second before he focused on Serafina's face. Seeing her smile calmed him down as he relaxed and grabbed her into a hug. His voice cracked as he whispered to her, holding back his tears. "I am so glad you are okay, Sera."

He didn't break the hug for a long time, enjoying her warmth and touch. He pulled away, taking her face in his hands as he kissed exposed cuts. He gathered her up, careful to not disturb her leg to much as he took her in his arms and lifted her off the floor. Carrying her was no problem at all, barely feeling her weight. He walked her over to an undisturbed sofa and lightly placed her down, carefully to support her neck. To an ordinary human, the injury would be rather serious, but to Sera it would only be for a couple of hours before she would recuperate. He lightly kissed her before he pulled away and watched as Celeste freaked out over her tiles. She was met with some laughs, Xerxez included. He showed a genuine soft smile as he softly exclaimed, "I'll get a broom." He walked through an opening into what seemed like the kitchen and started his search. The human that Nemeses had been keeping hadn't calmed down as he cried from far away. Rubbing the sides of his forehead, he hoped someone would feed on the meal soon. He searched around until he found a broom on the opposite side of the room. He quickly retrieved it and returned to foyer, sweeping up scattered remnants of the fight. Serafina was on the sofa where she had left him and Celeste was busy soothing Nemeses. He cleared his throat, and spoke from afar. "I am sorry for how I acted. Sometimes my temper can get the best of me." He left it at that, not seeking his forgiveness, but genuinely wanted to apologize. He could see that he was important to Sera, and if he was to be a part of this family he would have at the very least not anger Nemeses every time they saw each other.

With a moderate size of broken glass, stone and tile gathered in a pile, it was quickly swept up and discarded as he return to his lover's side. He buried his face as he tried to talk as soft as he could. "I am sorry for I acted also, darling. You warned me and I disobeyed you, knowing full well what I was doing." He felt tears coming up, as he chocked them back down. "Your search is over, Sera. You don't have to share me with anybody, because I am fully yours. In soul, companion ship, body and mind. You have me completely." With that, he brought his self up from her neck and kissed her forehead, his lips lingering for a few seconds on her skin. He sat down at  Serafina's feet as he retreated into silence as he waited for….. his alpha, Nemeses…. to give an order on how they would continue from here. 

Author: Celeste, Posted: Thu Nov 9, 2017 4:22 PM, Post Subject: Home, Sweet Home [P][R]

Celeste brought Xerxez down to the foyer after the fighting had finally stopped. For a moment Celeste took a look at the two of them. “Sera are you alright?” Her eyes softened more as she ran over and hugged her sister gently. The little moon elf kissed Sera’s brow as she held her. “You look like shit… I have some salve for the pain.” She gently touched Serafina’s leg as she whimpered before the salve appeared in her hand and she worked it into the wound. Then she looked at the foyer and full-blown pregnancy anger kicked in. “You two BASTARDS. I ask for you to keep it to the fucking walls! I ask you to not fight on the foyer fucking floors. WALLS ARE FINE.” She came over and stomped her foot so the tiles came flying up. “BUT THESE TILES WERE MY FAVORITE! IT TOOK ME FIVE HUNDRED YEARS TO FIND THEM!”

It might have been more terrifying than their fight as her eyes went black. “DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW HARD IT IS TO FIND ABALONE SHELL TILES?! Your asses are going to be hunting in the market until you find me REPLACEMENTS.” Then her eyes went to the little bloodstained knitted shirt she had been putting all the love into for an hour and that really, really pissed her off. “Nemesis… Serafina… What the fuck is that.” She pointed and went over as she brought up the shirt to their attention. “For the next week you assholes will be learning how to knit and you will replace this shirt or heaven and hell won’t stop the suffering I WILL BRING. And since I know Serafina won’t do it,” her finger moved up to Xerxez, “You get thrown under the wagon.”

After a few moments, her hyperventilating stopped and she had a looked of shock over her as she put her hand up to her lips. “Sorry…” She shuffled herself from Serafina over to Nemesis and pulled him into her arms. “Thank you for not hurting Sera anymore.” She kissed his forehead. “Sera, I’m glad you are alright. I’m sorry I got so angry…” She nuzzled her forehead into Nemesis’s neck. Knowing it would calm Nemesis down she moved one of his hands to his son who was moving.

Author: Serafina, Posted: Thu Nov 9, 2017 3:41 PM, Post Subject: Home, Sweet Home [P][R]

Serafina gasped for breath as Nemesis released his grip on her, her eyes closing as her hands came to her throat, gripping at the fastly bruising areas.  She had resolved herself to the fact that Nemesis was going to kill her, yet here she was - still living.  She winced, hearing the thuds of Nemesis wailing his hands along the wall, her face flinching entirely as he let out an animalistic roar with his final blow.  She did not move to look at him at first until he spoke.

She could not believe what she was hearing.  After all that had just happened, with Nemesis nearly killing her, he was… releasing her? She struggled to pull herself up into a sitting position, her black eyes, too, having faded to crimson, the bloody tears still streaking her face.  She could see that Nemesis would not look at her, falling under the impression that the only reason he avoided looking at her was out of shame - though she assumed he was ashamed of her, and not of his own actions.

At that point, Sera made an attempt to stand, as though she were going to walk to Nemesis to speak to him - but her left leg shot pain up her body and was unable to support any of her weight - she cried out, the leg crumpling beneath her and bent at an awkward angle - it was clear that her femur had been broken.  It was nothing a few hours would not heal, but it hurt like hell and stopped her from getting up.

Staring at the floor, at her blood mixed with the blood she had spilled from Nemesis, she spoke out - her voice still croaky from the injury that had been inflicted to her neck.  "We're family.  Blood makes us family.  Nemesis, I would have told you about this, I would have asked your permission… but would you really have given it to me?" she asked, her voice breaking off.  Attempting to speak again, she coughed rather violently before spitting blood on the floor.  "Your blood courses through my veins, Nemesis - and now my blood courses through Xerxez," she said, softly.  It was clear that she was no longer enraged, but more wanting to explain herself.  "Xerxez is our family now, too.  I want him to be my companion, if that is what he wants," she said, the tears that had fallen early in pain now welling in her eyes in another manner. The emotion in her voice was something new, something she had hidden for so long.

"You are my sire, Nemesis.  I will always love you, in some way… but you and Celeste, you're having a… baby," she said, speaking the word with no disgust, though it seemed to have taken her a moment to do so.  "You may love me, I don't doubt that - but all of our lives are going to change once that baby is born.  I've held this mask for so long - but I don't want to be alone anymore.  Xerxez is… there's something about him, Nem,"  she said, softly - at which point she actually turned her head to look at Nemesis, and there was something on her face - a genuine smile.  "I think I finally found something - someone - other than you and Celeste that I care about."

A silence fell between the two.  Unbeknownst to the pair, Celeste and Xerxez had returned, in time for them to hear what Serafina said to Nemesis.  She laid back down on the floor, breathing heavily as she waited for some of the pain to subside - though the moment was ruined as the chandelier that hung from the ceiling came crashing down several feet away from the both of them, shattering on the marble floor.  It had been worked loose by the violent shaking of the foundation their fight had caused.  "Shit, Nemesis.  Celeste is going to kill us," she said, laughing bitterly.

Author: Nemesis, Posted: Thu Nov 9, 2017 2:40 PM, Post Subject: Home, Sweet Home [P][R]

It didn’t matter if it was Serafina, it didn’t matter if she had been the doting and loyal wife for millenias. All he saw was a traitor that dared to defy and insult the head of the house. All he could see was red as their rage battled against the other. There was more emotion coming from her than he had ever gotten to witness, and it was all for that man she turned. His paradise was turned upside down in just one night, in comparison to the several tens of thousands it took for him to establish it. Nemesis didn’t relent when she called him out on his ways- he was selfish and didn’t want to share with another male. No, he was the alpha and he wouldn’t surrender her to her chosen one. As she spoke, all that he could imagine was that brute’s hands on her body, him onto her as they embrace and even worse, the things she likely done to him. It only fueled him into trying to put her through a wall even more, with each attempt getting closer to that goal.

“You were the one that told me to kill Celeste or turn her…I didn’t expect to fall for her as well!” He got sick of the blame and thrusted her into the wall once more before he let those damning words slipped out and earned her ire. Without warning, she took control of the fight once more and he was on the defensive, barely saving himself from a mauling. But the sacrifice for that was still unbearable for him as he screamed in feeling her fangs deep in his arm until she ripped herself away and more blood painted the walls and floor around them. Her smile mirrored his own previous as his rage grew as he felt his cheek ripped rip by Sera’s nails before he caught the next attack and threw her off him. Scrambling up to his feet, Nemesis fought through the execrating pain he felt in his damaged arm to grab her while she was down. His hands ruthlessly positioned themselves to do the one thing he had never thought he would do- to kill his mate.

The killing blow would have been easy from this point, even as he felt his blood pouring from the wounds inflicted by her. It would have been nothing to rip her pretty head off from the rest of her and be done with it. But then she spoke through the pain and the tears of crimson came down…she was crying. Breathing heavily, he looked down to her, seething with anger and disgust before it started to die down. In all their time, he may have seen her cry once and it was nothing like she was doing now. Nemesis clenched his jaw tightly and slowly released her as he felt their link open and felt the floodgates open as her pain came into his mind. She was genuinely sad. He didn’t see the Sera that she had carried herself on to be; instead, he saw a vulnerable one. One that yearned to have another and felt betrayed by him over and over. Her feelings for Xerxez were, as much as he loathed it, real. Gathering himself back up to his feet, the Vaewolf turned and started to punch the wall, repeatedly pounding onto it until he could feel the knuckles getting bloody beneath his gloves. At the last wave of it, he let out a bestial cry before he slouched against the wall, feeling defeated over all of this.

Closing his eyes for a few long moments, they returned to red when he opened them yet he refused to look at her. Not for what she had did, but for what he had almost had done right there and then.

“Keep him”, he whispered softly, shattering the eerie silence after a while. “He will be better for you than I ever was. I won’t take that away from you, not when you’ve done so much for me.”

Author: Serafina, Posted: Thu Nov 9, 2017 1:50 PM, Post Subject: Home, Sweet Home [P][R]

Serafina let out a yowl of pain as Nemesis grabbed her by the hair and threw her into a wall.  She scrambled to her feet, just in time for Nemesis to advance on her and pin her against the very wall she had just hit.  As with the pillar she had slammed Nemesis into, chunks of the wall crumbled around her, plaster and stone scattering the floor beside the pair.  "You selfish bastard," she muttered, and spat blood to the ground beside them, having bit into her own tongue when she had been slammed backward.  "Why do you get to have more than one? Why do I have to share you, but I'm not allowed to have someone solely to myself? Why do I have to suffer for you to be happy?!" she shrieked.  

An agonizing scream of pain escaped her lips as he grabbed her and slammed her back against the wall again, the words he screamed becoming more and more harsh with each phrase.  "When you asked me to spend eternity with you, you didn't say I would have to share it," she sneered, earning her another violent slam backward from Nemesis.  A streak of blood stained the wall behind her head - the skin had split on impact with the wall.  She chose to take the beating, let Nemesis take his rage out on her - until he threatened her newly turned protege, the only person in her long life besides Nemesis and Celeste she had ever felt any pang of feeling for.  

The threat towards Xerxez pushed her over the edge.  "I won't let you take him away from me!" she screamed.  An animalistic roar escaped her throat, a sound Nemesis had likely only heard on one or two other occasions.  With a physical rage that she could not recall exerting, she reached up and grabbed Nemesis by the throat, shoving him away from her.  He lost his footing and fell backward.  Serafina wasted no time in pouncing on her prey.  Her eyes still held their jet black void of color, her mouth contorted in an open snarl.  Her fangs had erupted somewhere in the fight, and as she pinned Nemesis violently to the ground.  

With a lunge, she went for his throat, intent on tearing his jugular from his body.  At the last moment, he held an arm up, blocking her mouth from reaching his neck.  This didn't stop her - instead, she tore a chunk out of his forearm, spitting the hunk of flesh to the side.  Crimson blood dripped from her mouth and she smiled at Nemesis in a sadistic manner.  His injured arm fell to the side, and Sarah's hands lunged forward, her fingers intent on clawing at his face.  

She got one good swipe in, drawing a good amount of blood from his cheek, before Nemesis caught her arm and flipped her onto her back violently.  Her had slammed into the marble floor, cracking the mineral and creating a head-sized crater.  Her eyes closed for a split second, and she opened them in time to see Nemesis reach up and grab her hair, his other hand situated in such a manner that he could easily rip her head from her shoulders.

Rather than fight it, Serafina dropped her arms to the side.  Nemesis was so much older, and so much stronger than she.  While she had gotten a few good blows in, she was by no means going to be able to defeat him.  She had resolved herself - if he was not going to let her go, there was no other way.  She coughed and sputtered a bit as he wrenched on her head, feeling the cartilage, bone, skin, and sinew stretching to its limit.

"Do it," she choked.  Tears of crimson blood streaked from both of her eyes, trickling down the sides of her face.  "At least in death, I can be unchained from the misery that my existence has become," she said, the words broken and sputtered from the strain on her throat.

Author: Nemesis, Posted: Wed Nov 8, 2017 11:47 PM, Post Subject: Home, Sweet Home [P][R]

As much as she was hurt, Nemesis could feel it through their link and yet he was unable to hold back from his own feelings. It was a storm that was brewing between them in a short period of time. Perhaps this was a long time coming but he didn’t see it that way. He couldn’t think clearly enough to as he only sought to hurt her through something that she seemed to care for more than him right now. He had never been so cruel, so careless towards hers even in their roughhousing had he inflicted pain like that with bad intentions behind it. But he wasn’t himself right now, he was more beast than anything and it was that dark side that he reserved deep within. The anticipation was reeling in him; he thought that she would be livid and would try to strike him back.

He waited but instead she screamed and poured her very soul into it and by the time the realization hit him that something very different was going to happen, it was too late. He found her pouncing onto him and fell back. He snarled as he crashed into one of the stone pillars, yelping with pain before he struggled against her only for the two to come down and break a nearby table.

With her hand around his throat, he instinctively grabbed her wrist to try and pry her grip off, feeling the nails raking against his ivory skin. He yelled in pain as he continued to force her off him. “I don’t share, never have and never will!”, he raged on, letting the pain come as he forcefully removed her hand as her fingers were painted by the streams of crimson they managed to draw out. Pushing her off him, he took her by her blond locks, nearly pulling them out from her scalp before he tossed her against a wall. “I gave you that eternity! I gave you everything and you go off and do this to me!?” He growled menacingly as he went after her and pinned her against the wall. He looked darkly at her before he moved her away only to slam her against it painfully. “I do what I have to for this family! Call it selfish, but I’ll rip you apart if I have to! I will not be replaced by someone weaker!” He slammed her up against it again, “Or, I will do that to him and make you watch, since he’s so precious to you!”

More precious than I have been.

Author: Serafina, Posted: Wed Nov 8, 2017 11:20 PM, Post Subject: Home, Sweet Home [P][R]

Internally, Serafina was incredibly glad the Celeste took Xerxez away after she had gone at him and told him to be quiet.  This was something that needed to be settled by Serafina and Nemesis alone.  She was, on one hand, glad to know that Xerxez had risen to defend her, but also irritated that he had disobeyed her warning not to interfere.

Each word Nemesis spoke furthered Serafina's rage until her breathing became heavy and her hands shaking, her chest rising and falling as he continued to berate her.  When he turned to leave, she opened her mouth to yell something else out at him, though she was unable to say anything as he whipped back around, the back of his hand connecting with her face.  Her face jerked to the side, and as she slowly turned back to face him, a trickle of blood trailed from her lip, the slap having split her lip.  Her tongue darted out, tasting the coppery bite of her own blood.  

She watched the sadistic smile spread over his lips, but nothing prepared her for the next statement he shot at her.  For the millennia they had spent together, Serafina had never shown emotion towards anyone save Nemesis.  She had loved him, at one time, and of course, she still did now - but that love had changed when he and Celeste conceived.  Now, she had found someone that drew her interest - that she thought she could actually care about outside of her sire - and someone that could possibly care about her in return - and Nemesis was belittling him and threatening him.  She wouldn't stand for it.

Suddenly, and with a rage that Nemesis had likely never seen, an animalistic snarl erupted from her mouth as she screamed nearly as a banshee would.  "He's not a fucking toy!" she shouted, and she pounced on him much as a wolf would, the pair flying backwards, Nemesis slamming into a stone pillar and taking a large chunk of it out with him.  They slammed down into a beautiful table, the table shattering to splinters as they did so.

With a snarl, Serafina pinned him to the ground, though she knew the tables could be turned at any moment.  With heavy breath, her hand found his throat, gripping tightly.  "For an eternity, I devoted myself to you.  You never had to share me with anyone," she hissed.  "And now, even with the happiness that Celeste can give you… you won't let me try to be happy, you selfish bastard," she said, her words cold as she attempted to tighten her grip, nails piercing into the flesh of his neck.

Author: Nemesis, Posted: Wed Nov 8, 2017 10:56 PM, Post Subject: Home, Sweet Home [P][R]

In all their years, Nemesis often played the submissive one to quench Serafina’s thirst for dominance. It had been their dance since the very beginning- she was in ways everything he was not. Her style was more unruly and barbaric while he was more in control and calculating. Still he hadn’t expected this from her, not from all the centuries they spent together. He was upset yes, but she was starting to walk on thin ice even for her. He watched on as his eyes grew to the point where they were consumed by the pitch darkness as her boy toy got in the way of family business. Fortunately he was more focused on the one that orchestrated this whole situation they were mashed up in.

Still, after all this time that passed, she was still bringing up the time when he brought home Celeste, and then later turned and made her his consort as well. The argument made him want to roll his eyes, but a soft hissing came from him instead. “How dense must you be, woman? Unlike you, I did nothing to her until I brought her here and you suggested that I turned her. I didn’t see and turn the first thing I fucked.” He wouldn’t even waste that moment to turn his sights towards the other male, who seemed to have the gall of invading another’s wife. “Have I not bled and killed for you also, Serafina?” He had tried his best to tend to each of the women’s needs as well as tried to better their lives as whole through his ventures against the other houses. Nemesis could feel her slowly unravel, something that she had never done before in his presence. Had he not been furious at her, he would have showed his concern. But she was like a wall when it came down to showing her feelings. An angry and lustful wall, but that was about it.

The vaewolf felt threatened when she stood up to him, personal space be damned in every sense of the words. “You knew that I did, and I respected that. Celeste wanted to bear them for us. The three of us! Her selflessness was for the family as a whole.” He hadn’t seen it as them separating themselves from her, but to make the house even stronger. There was no secret that he had wished to avoid the mistakes he had made with his last family and did everything he could to make sure they didn’t happen again. But Serafina’s actions had reminded him of the backstabbing and the betrayal that his children had done in his last family, and it tore them all apart in the end. The introduction of her newly gained mutt looked to be just the start of another series of events that could undo all their work, simply because of her jealousy.

“Abandoned? I’d hardly call it that. How can I abandon one when they simply were never there to begin with? Running off for gods know how long and doing who knows what with who. But now I know, and I also know that this city will eat the two of you alive because you don’t know how to play the game. Brute force and no brains will only get you so far in this world”, he lashed out, his words aimed at them like daggers.

Nemesis listened and stood there, trying to control himself but then she said the one thing that unnerved him. She had insulted the child that he and Celeste had tried so hard to create for eons. “Don’t you ever talk about our child again!” He himself was on the edge as his jaw clenched. Her accusations hurt him deeply, cutting him than any sword had ever done and visibly he was shaking as his self-control was unweaving. The final straw was when she screamed at him, shattering what little control was left.

Her creation spoke up, trying to assert himself when he should've had enough sense to keep quiet. He was just like Sera, only he wasn’t Nemesis’ type. “You’re testing my patience. Bigger, tougher brutes than you have tried to best me. You can ask them yourself how that worked out when I send you to the Reaper if you dare interfere again.” The alpha wasn’t in the mood to play games with an inferior, and fortunately for the two of them, Celeste took him away from the scene. It was good for her to go as well for as soon as the two alphas were alone, he turned slightly as if he was about to leave her, only to reel his hand back and strike her with the backside of it harsh across her face. “I did nothing to you, and you betrayed me! You brought that mutt here, into my house and dare raise your voice to me!”, he said, nearly roaring the words at her. A sick smile draped from his lips as his piercing eyes lingered and took some satisfaction from getting some revenge. “The things I could do to him…the things you know I’m capable of doing…I can make it so that your toy can be broken beyond repair!”

Oh, Nemesis knew that she wouldn’t take his actions well but at the moment, he simply didn’t have the heart to care about what she thought or do.

Author: Celeste, Posted: Wed Nov 8, 2017 10:14 PM, Post Subject: Home, Sweet Home [P][R]

Celeste nodded a bit. “Sera I know you better than anyone but you should have told Nemesis how you feel. It’s not a weakness to show it to your mate.” Celeste showed her weakness to Nemesis on her sleeve and it allowed them a better relationship but she knew that Serafina had been this way for a long time. Where Celeste and Nemesis had grown together doing this sort of thing. It’s what made the two relationships into one. “Don’t think that I haven’t noticed. But it hasn’t been my place to say.”

All the rage that Sera had built up over these millennia together was coming out. Celeste knew that she hadn’t been happy that Nemesis turned and married Celeste as well. They began to love each other though but it was never truly the same.

It hurt her to hear Sera go off about their baby as if it was a thing but she knew it was because Sera was hurt. She even winced a bit. When Xerxes got up to stand up to Nemesis for Serafina Celeste was right behind him. Not to help Serafina but she went to force Xerxes off after he said his peace. However, Serafina had whipped around and took him by his neck forcing him to shut up and stay out of it. Celeste came over and took him by his shoulder. “Stop, she has to do this by herself.”

For as pregnant as she was Celeste was easily able to overpower Xerxes and push him towards the end of the hall. There was a resounding slap in the air as Celeste got him around the corner. She didn’t know who it was from but she had ideas about it. “We can go to the gardens. I want to show you something. I want to show you why they both hurt. You can understand why Nemesis is so mad there. I understand that you don’t like him but Serafina is being a hypocrite right now.”

She opened some doors and they left the mansion out into a small courtyard. “Nemesis hates hypocrites and Serafina when he brought me home reacted just like he is right now. This is a fight two thousand years in the making.”

Author: Xerxez, Posted: Wed Nov 8, 2017 9:52 PM, Post Subject: Home, Sweet Home [P][R]

He held Sera's hand, and gave a squeeze of confidence. He could feel her emotions. A simple pump of the hand said all the that meant to say. He was here for her. No matter what the family thought of his siring, he was Sera's. And he was here to support her, no matter what came. As a door opened, his ears picked up new sounds. He could hear foot steps coming from afar and a human begging to not be killed. His thirst had been satisfied from the meal Sera had supplied. So the human wasn't much of a bother to him other than his constant whining. He set his eyes on where the foot steps came from and Nemeses finally showed his self. Oh, it was hate at first site. He disliked him for simply saying Sera's name in the tone he said it in. But it was one word that drove him in a frenzy. Darling.

He felt something pull on his body. He felt his body moving on its own as he his steps took him towards Sera's side as the prick belittled her actions. "It isn't a joke pal, it's the real fucking deal." Xerxez answered in rough voice. He straitened his posture, extending his height in an intimidation tactic. He didn't strike a threat, but merely stated he wasn't going to be a push over. From over yonder, he could hear the human weeping. He closed his eyes in annoyance, trying to get his anger under control before he would embarrass Sera. He watched in amusement as Sera stood her ground and yelled at Nemeses. He could see she was straining her self. He feel her raw emotions as pulled words strait from her heart. He placed his hand in hers as he gave a slight squeeze. I'm with you, Sera. At this point, her words were screams, laced with betrayal and pain. He moved behind her, placing his hands on her shoulders. He help her tight as she unleashed at Nemeses and his actions that caused her so much pain. One final, piercing scream ended it all as the room feel silent. He took his hands off of Sera and stood beside her. Xerxez probably had a chance to play bigger man, but he passed on the possibility and spoke harshly. "Name's Xerxez, Alpha. I'm not here to overthrow you. I'm only here because of Sera. If she hadn't insisted on coming, we wouldn't be here right now." He flashed a menacing smile as waved good bye to playing the bigger man. "Trust me, pretty boy. There is a lot more things I'd rather be doing than spending time here with you." He let the words sit in the air as he began soothing Serafina.

Author: Serafina, Posted: Wed Nov 8, 2017 8:59 PM, Post Subject: Home, Sweet Home [P][R]

Serafina was incredibly happy to see Celeste, returning her hug and kissing her cheek in return, but her smile faded as Celeste reminded her of how upset Nemesis was going to be with her.  "I know," she said, though there was something other than fear or trepidation in her voice now - it was clear that she was ready to face her sire, ready to hear whatever consequences he felt she was going to face.  For all the weaknesses that Serafina had, neither Celeste nor Nemesis knew of them - but that time was about to come to a close.  

She turned to look at Xerxez again after he had sat down.  "Celeste, you will understand… I will make sure Nemesis does, as well.  I have my reasons," she said, addressing her sister though her eyes were locked onto Xerxez.  "I knew what I was getting into before I made the decision to bring him over," she added.  She parted her lips to speak further, but froze before a sound came out, Nemesis having spoken her name.  

She turned to face him and as she walked over, she stood up straight, looking directly into his eyes.  If she feared him, she did not show it.  As he questioned what she had done, his belittlement of her coupled with the stretching of the leather as he flexed his fist, and something about the combination pushed Serafina over the edge.

"What have I done?  You have got to be fucking kidding me," she said, her now crimson eyes glaring straight into his own that had begun to shift to a jet black.  "For over two thousand years of my life, I have devoted myself to you.  Everything I have done has been for you.  I killed for you, and I bled for you.  When you brought Celeste home, without telling me, I was angry for a long, long time - but I got over it and I grew to love her," she said.  For the time being, her voice remained even - but as she went on, her speech became less level, cracking here and there as her rage and utter sadness began to seep through.

For the first time in over two millennia, Serafina was beginning to show a weakness.

Serafina took a step forward to Nemesis until no space remained between the two.  She got right up in his face, her words carrying an edge to them, almost as if she were about to start crying.  "And then, things were fine.  You and Celeste decided to try having children.  I know you didn't ask me, because you know I've no desire to give birth to an… infant," she said.  "But you never once asked me how I felt about the decision for the two of you to start a branch of family of your own," she added, her eyes having shifted to jet black on their own now.

"You might not think so, Nemesis, but you abandoned me.  So I've been going out, fucking, killing… the usual.  Trying to mask the fucking pain you have put me through.  And then this one came to me," she said, clearly indicating Xerxez.  "He was strong, and he didn't give a fuck about the rules," she said, clearly mirroring qualities of herself in that logic.  "So maybe I made a decision on my own that I'm not supposed to, but guess what?  When he turned, I could see it in his eyes - loyalty, desire… passion," she said, her eyes wide, the black pools full of rage.  "And you?  Oh, Nemesis… you did something you weren't supposed to do, too, Nemesis," she said, her voice raising.  "You may not know it, but you abandoned me the moment you made that thing with Celeste."  Her words were biting, but she knew deep down that Celeste would understand what she meant.

She paused, her hands trembling.  She took two steps backwards from him, looking at him with narrowed eyes.  She pointed a finger at him accusingly.  "You didn't choose me.  You didn't choose us," she said, clearly meaning herself and Celeste collectively.  "You chose Celeste.  And you've left me to wonder what good I am anymore.  I am done feeling less than anything.  I can't do it anymore.  I CAN'T BE ALONE ANYMORE!"  The last phrase of her sentence was screamed at the top of her lungs, showing more emotion than she had ever allowed her sire to see, the rage having blinded her to anything but making Nemesis know what she felt he had done to her.

Author: Nemesis, Posted: Wed Nov 8, 2017 8:26 PM, Post Subject: Home, Sweet Home [P][R]

The eve was waning, despite the nightly sky that lingered up above and Nemesis was softly chewing at the side of his mouth as he watched the outside from the window of the study. The soft pleads of his latest victim that laid on the floor, chained and bound while begging for their release fell entirely on deaf ears. Crimson eyes stared blankly as he awaited for his first consort’s return- Serafina’s travels wouldn’t normally bother him as she would be frequently out in the city, doing who knew what, but sooner or later she’d return.

A lot of times pissed off, but she would come back home before he started to worry. He had to admit that in between making sure that Celeste and their child were safe, training Aaryona on how to run an efficient clan and dealing with business affairs of both public and private matters, Nemesis had been extremely stretched out. But he had noticed that Sera hadn’t been seeking him out for any runs, hunts, or angry fits of sex for some time, which bothered him inwardly.

His victim continued to whine and seek freedom while he was still in his own little world. But it was all shattered the moment he could feel his mate’s return and immediately he slipped out of the room hastily, allowing for his victim to continue to go on without notice. Hunger had yet to plague him greatly as he rushed down the halls and down the stairs, but immediate halted about half way when he smelled not only her, but someone that carried their scent. Their blood.

The hairs on his neck stood as he contemplated what had happened just as he reached the bottom and saw that both his wives were in the main hall, along with a stranger whose hands were interlocked with Sera’s. It didn’t take much brainpower to figure out what the she-wolf had done and immediately the passive look on his face narrowed into something more menacing as his eyes dangerously focused on her.

At the moment, he didn’t see Celeste or the man that was brought under his roof. “Serafina”, he spoke in a hush but cold manner. The alpha marched over to her and stood in her face; being this much closer to the group, he could smell her on the outsider now. Adultery wasn’t something he had believed either woman being capable of, but then again he didn’t know what she had been up on her nightly activities. Perhaps she had slept with others, but even in that case, she had been smart enough not to bring them here, and certainly not to change them into the great things the Volkovs were.

“What do you think you have done?” His gloved hands tightened into fists, the sounds of leather strengthening was evident as they kept low on either side of him. Black had begun to eclipse his eyes but he wouldn’t be blinded by rage. Despite her trouble making, he was still her sire and he would at least listen to her explain this foolishness. “I hope that you don’t think that this is funny, knowing that I’d be here, darling. Would you care to explain?”

Author: Celeste, Posted: Wed Nov 8, 2017 7:57 PM, Post Subject: Home, Sweet Home [P][R]

Compared to the two of them Celeste looked very young. Like a woman who had just entered womanhood but for Serafina she wouldn’t have been too surprised. More shocked that Celeste didn’t look any younger like she had for the two centuries earlier. She sat there on the bed with a basket of yarn and was weaving. It was clear that she wasn’t as much a brute as Sera was. Celeste’s red eyes were softer and more filled with love (mostly due to the baby). When the doors opened up she dropped her needles and put her hand on her large belly.

“Sera!” Celeste’s words were filled with concern as she labored herself off of the bench with a bit of work. Her belly was almost bigger than she was as she made her way over. “I’ve been so worried about you. You normally leave but never for this long.” She made her way past the man ignoring him for now. She took her sister wife into her arms and kissed her cheek. Sera was still taller than she was by a bit.

Finally, her attention went to Xerxez, “Nemesis is going to be upset Serafina.” There was concern in her voice. “Much like when he brought me home and you reacted.” It was like bringing up memories in the dust. “Prepare for it to be bad.” When he asked her if he could do anything she shook her head. “Just prepare for the storm that is about to come… and do not take any of it personally.” She came over to him and patted the top of his head. Her spirit was so warm and kind though like Sera had said there was a killer inside of Celeste as well. “I’m just pregnant that’s all. You can feel him if you want. He is quite the little fighter right now.”

Looking over at the little shirt she had going she chuckled. “I’ve always destroyed everything I’ve ever touched so I decided to try my hand at knitting… It is very boring for something all the housewives were raving about.” She was attempting to keep it light-hearted but she heard the sound of Nemesis coming and she sat down next to Xerxes. “Let Serafina handle this.” Her voice was super quiet but she knew Nemesis would hear her anyways.

Author: Xerxez, Posted: Wed Nov 8, 2017 7:39 PM, Post Subject: Home, Sweet Home [P][R]

The manor wasn't what he expected. He expected an abandoned house that had slight work done to it to be livable. But was faced with a rather elegant structure, care and thought weaved into its making. He interlocked his fingers with Serafina's as they was walked up to the door. He could tell she was nervous. He kept forgetting these were people she spent two thousand years with. The bond she had wtih these alphas was something he would never understand anytime soon. She must be nervous and excited at the same time, but scared for changing Xerxez with out permission. He wouldn't be able to completely understand the importance of it, but his orders were clear. Behave. Do not embarrass her. He, him self, wasn't too excited to meet his new family, simply because he wasn't looking forward to being ordered. He spent his whole life not taking orders, and he wasn't about to start now. Fuck their traditions.

As she opened the door to the manor, he held the door open and quickly relocked their hands together as he walked into the manor. It was dignified in the inside. Pleasant colors, old paintings, the scent of books assaulted his senses. He was having information overload and barely missed the reaction of the pregnant girl at Serafina's return. Serafina, on the other hand on a tearful smile on her face, as she spoke softly. The dots connected in his head. The pink haired woman must be Celeste. She was much different than he expected, but this was his mates sister. And he should show his respect. He towered above Celeste in height, but she didn't seem to care much. Her attention was focused on Serafina. He gave a light kiss to Serafina, as he introduced his self.

"You must be Celeste. You've been all I've heard about since my changing. It is nice to meet you." He said, awkwardly. He wasn't quite sure how to take the introduction. But it satisfied enough. It got the damn point across. "I am Xerxez." He took his eyes off the women as he scoured the house looking for the infamous Nemeses. Fancy glasses shimmered in the light, while the occasional dusty book caught his eye. Surely he would notice the commotion and come down to investigate. He gave up his search as he focused on Celeste.

"I know I may be new to the family, but Serafina has lectured me about the family, and I am glad to be a part of it." He sat down, not to far from where Celeste was sitting as observed the rest of the house. He focused on this reward Serafina promised which kept him behaving and not snarling out threats and insults. When there was a moment of free time between Serafina and Celeste he quickly interjected. "You must be tired, is there anything I can get for you?"

Author: Serafina, Posted: Wed Nov 8, 2017 6:45 PM, Post Subject: Home, Sweet Home [P][R]

After watching Xerxez drain the first victim she presented to him, Serafina felt a burst of pride.  When he snapped the girl's neck so nonchalantly and thanked her for his dinner in such a casual manner, it took all her strength not to have her way with him then and there in the alley.  However, she held back, as she knew there were other matters that needed to be addressed before they could continue their fun - after all, they had an eternity for such frivolity.  

"Come," she said, holding her hand out for Xerxez to take.  "It is time for you to see the Volkov manor," she said, with a hint of trepidation audible in her words.  "It is time for you to meet Celeste.  She is our second female Alpha alongside me.  You'll also meet Nemesis," she added, though she seemed much less enthused about the prospect of him being introduced to Nemesis than she did that of Celeste.  "Nemesis is our male Alpha.  He is the leader of our family," she added.  "Whether or not you like him once you meet him does not matter.  You are a member of our clan now - a member of our family, and no matter what, he will remain so.  He is my sire," she added as though that would help to explain it.

As the pair walked through the streets, Serafina continued telling him about the finer points of their pack, but never going into too deep of detail about any particular subject.  They reached the outskirts of town in a short time, her arm looped through is, and Volkov manor came into view.  It was a striking two-story mansion, rather ritzy and classic in its design.  The pair passed through the gate, and up the steps.  Serafina paused just at the entrance, as though she were hesitant to enter.

Without a word, she reached up and pulled Xerxez face down to her, kissing him in a passionate manner.  "Nemesis may not be pleased that I did not ask his permission to sire someone," she said after pulling away.  "He won't harm you - but I can tell you have quite the temper, and the change is still burning deep within you.  Don't let that rage take over if something upsets you," she added.  There was a hint of warning to her voice, but it was clear she was speaking out of concern for Xerxez more than anything.  She dropped her hands from his face, proceeding to take both of his hands into hers, squeezing them gently before dropping them.  When she looked back up at him, her eyes narrowed slightly.  "If you can make it through this, I promise to reward you," she said, her voice taking on a seductive tone.

It was then that she turned and opened the doors to the manor, stepping inside after being gone for so many months.  She entwined one of her hands with Xerxez and led him inside to the foyer area, where a small woman could be seen sitting on one of the many seating areas that peppered the big room.  The woman in question was extremely pregnant, and Serafina both smiled a bit and felt a pang of rage as she looked at her.  With that, her hand still gripping Xerxez's, she spoke to her.  "Hello Celeste," she said, softly.