Roleplay Forums > Parvpora > Koschei Isle > Kurayo > Crowded Marketplace [O]
Ossukitty

Character Info
Name: Belphegor
Alignment: CN
Race: Demon/Human Hybrid
Class:
Silver: 442
Belphegor shifted his large gray cloak to hide more of his face before continuing to weave through the crowd. His long hair and feminine like body caused many people to assume immediately that he was a girl. He didn't care, and sometimes it helped to portray an innocent look which got him out of many sticky situations (but it also put him in a few more though). His clothing did nothing to dissuade the fact that he looked like a girl; it only enhanced it. He was small for his age and women's clothes were typically softer and more comfortable, though less durable.He had no place to be but he never did well around so many people at once. It was inevitable that he bumped into multiple people along the way and he said a quick sorries and sped away, but this time the person who he bumped into was not satisfied with a simple apology. The burly man snatched Belphegor's shoulder and seemed to not have any intentions of letting go any time soon."Well look at what we have here… A pretty lady all by herself. Say… Why don't you let a man, such as myself, accompany you home? You could use the protection…." he leered at Belphegor before he began forcefully dragging him to who knows where. A quick whiff of his breath let him know that he was severely drunk and not thinking straight (though he wouldn't put it past the man even if he I was sober). Belphegor scowled at the man, before attempting to rip his shoulder out of his grasp, but for a drunk man he had a surprisingly strong grip."Let me go you filthy mongrel!"

Hanaoni

Character Info
Name: Myouga Ryou
Alignment: CG
Race: Hanaoni (oni variant)
Class: Arcanist
Silver: 0
Kurayo wasn't the usual place she'd go under normal circumstances, but she was in need of a few samples from the area and couldn't pass up the opportunity to obtain samples of plant life growing under such peculiar conditions. The place was too dimly lit for her liking, though thankfully she did not stand out as much as she had expected. It was probably the horned hannya mask she was wearing over her face. Her diminutive size and stature made her chances of being mistaken for a child go up, but that was what the terrifying mask was for. Besides, the best form of defense was not being approached at all.

It was easy for the pale-skinned biters and shape-changers to mistake her for a human. It wasn't her fault that she had been born smaller than the rest, and that her horns were underdeveloped. She was however, an adult–fully capable of protecting herself or making a quick getaway if need be. The stares that some of the people gave her creeped her out as if they were looking at a duck roasting on a spit. Best not to stay for too long in a place full of angry, passive-aggressive people like this. Every now and then she used a bit of invisibility and teleportation to get through the crowds hoping to find a nice, open area to open a portal to go home. She had just arrived at a potential place when she heard the protest of a young voice and an uncouth drunk attempting to harass the adolescent. She bit her lip underneath her grotesque mask. Her natural instinct would be to help and send the man flying with a good explosion. However she didn't want to make the entire crowd turn on her like a pack of wolves–no pun intended–and get tried in court. Did Kurayo even have a judicial system? She couldn't remember.

After a few seconds of contemplation, she decided to start with something simple. Discreetly pointing in the drunk's direction, she sent a blast of ice at the man's nether regions. That should cool his head down a bit. It wasn't like he was going to die from it, but he'd definitely feel a new kind of pain for sure. Feeling that giving him a chill between his legs wasn't enough, she lobbed a ball of lightning at his back and quickly teleported to another area nearby the two. She was feeling quite satisfied with her choices. An explosion of light would end up blinding the entire area, and setting the man's pants on fire would only be funny for the first few seconds. They were too obvious, and being noticed was not a good thing in this side of Parvpora. People here didn't know how to enjoy some harmless practical jokes if they were hit with them in the face. At least in Abed they knew how to relax in spite of their questionable practices.

Ossukitty

Character Info
Class:
Belphegor tensed up when the ice ball hit the man, but he was shocked literally and figuratively when the lighting hit the man from behind. Because of his quick reflexes, he managed to pull his arm out of the man's hold, only receiving a tiny shock in return. The bright light disorientated him for a few moments causing him to stumble back a few steps before catching himself. The people in the immediate reach of them balked at the bright light, and a few even screeched indignantly.When he noticed the newcomer, he flinched inwardly a her sudden appearance before addressing the child-like woman. "D-Did you…..?" He asked nodding his head towards the man keeled over on the ground next to him. Belphegor slowly inched his way from the man and the panicking civilians and headed closer to the strange looking person in case the man got back up enraged.

Hanaoni

Character Info
"…Fiddlesticks. I guess my aim was too good." She had only intended for the man to have his nether regions frozen, not hit. Well either way he was down for the count and wouldn't be walking for a while. She winced as the crowd around noticed her and didn't seem too happy about it. "Nothing to see here! He's completely fine! See? He's still alive with no bleeding. Ha ha…" It seemed like they didn't think it was as funny as she thought since they immediately went into panic. The kid that was being harassed was now safe, for the time being. Not feeling very welcome anymore, she was ready to bail when the kid approached her and asked if she had been responsible for the commotion.

Turning her head away she felt a bit nervous and was hesitant to answer. "Hm? Who, me? I'm just an ordinary passerby on my way home." Myouga was now ready to teleport out of Kurayo back into the safety of her house on the western side of the continent. She'd have to wait for a few years before thinking about coming back here again. Not only that, but she'd have to get a new mask too. She liked this one a lot, which was a bummer. "Uh…hey you know if you're thinking about having a change in scenery…how about you and me set up a travel plan?" At this point Myouga was trying hard not to make it obvious she was asking the kid if they wanted to get out of here, but the attention of the crowd wasn't making it any easier.

Ossukitty

Character Info
Class:
"A travel plan…?" Belphegor inquired confusedly, looking towards the antsy crowd and back towards the stranger before nodding quickly.

"That uh…. Sounds good?" 

'anything to get away from this'
he though mentally.

"Where would you like to go?"

Hanaoni

Character Info
"Uh…well for starters how do you feel about a nice, peaceful place with lots of friendly people and a scenic view? Do you like flowers? I hope you like flowers. Unless you're allergic then I guess not." Myouga was now ready to open the portal. Trying to lighten the atmosphere while attempting to be subtle, she said in a singsong voice: "Are you ready? Ok, then! Whenever you are–just take my hand, take my hand and we'll go on a magical adventure~ A magical adventure where skies are always sunny over the rainbow~ We'll go through the open door to a land far, far away where no worries will plague and every day is a happy day! Take my hand…"

While she was doing a poor imitation of a stage play, a portal swirled into existence. Wherever it led, it would be much brighter for sure. The last repeated lines in her singing was undoubtedly a veiled message telling the kid to hurry and make a decision as Myouga stretched out her hand towards him. She was running out of improvised lines and didn't know how long she could keep this theatrical distraction going before the crowd did something.

(OOC: The portal will lead to Egjora, is that alright with you?) 

Ossukitty

Character Info
Class:
Belphegor was amused by the stage act, and awed when she summoned the portal. He never encountered much magic his whole life due to his strict mother. Sensing the urgency in her voice he slid his hand into her's bashfully. He never held anyone's hand before (even his mother) and the sensation was strange."I haven't seen much flowers in my life…" He mumbled as he followed her.

(ooc: I don't mind)