Roleplay Forums > Parvpora > Koschei Isle > Kurayo > Boring [P/R]
Celeste

Character Info
Name: Celeste Volkov
Alignment: LE
Race: Vaewolf
Class: Alpha Female
Silver: 1125
Times were boring in Kurayo. There wasn’t anything tragic going on. Nothing to liven up the mood. No one messing up her orders at the docks. Everything was going a bit too perfectly in their perfect little city of the night. Kurayo was dark all the time and the two moons Canelux and Parvpora shined brightly down on them in their favor. The children of the Night, all of them, were bathing in the light of their saviors. The moons felt good on Celeste’s silver flecked skin.

Her long pink hair flirted with the dirt pathway she was walking on. Kurayo had mostly cobblestone roads but a few of the alleyways did not. She wore a sleek black gown as she stalked through the alleyway. Her red eyes looked like she was on a mission of some sort. Most likely trying to find something to do with her time since nothing else was going on.

“What to do… what to do…” Celeste was pretty small and even her age looked very young. Though she had over two millennium of walking in Revaliir to find things to occupy her time. She was a Volkov she was sure if she had ordered someone somewhere to entertain her that they would do a song and dance for her but sadly they were not. She didn’t want to ask because she was sure that they would mess up and then she would have to explain to the council of Kurayo why she had killed them in the first place.

"How blessed are some people, whose lives have no fears, no dreads, to whom sleep is a blessing that comes nightly, and brings nothing but sweet dreams."
—Bram Stoker, Dracula

Volkov Family Info
Celeste's History
TheShadow

Character Info
Name: Arron Silvertree
Alignment: TE
Race: Dark Elf
Class: Assassin
Silver: 102
Arron Silvertree had just arrived in the city the locals called Kurayo and already he could see others like him and felt uneasy around them. For Arron Silvertree high noble of the drow  seeing other Drow or Dark elves was something that was not supposed to happen on the surface world and when it did it lead to blows and death for they were all bred and trained that the only way to succeed in life was to kill to the top and kill to keep the top position in society which his family had done for many generations. Being a highborn Drow was one of honor and privilege and also one of tactics and luck. As he walked around and saw the other creatures of the night it made him realized that although he was not in the underworld anymore… He was still in a place that respected those rules. As a mage he was walking with his staff that marked his profession as a mage.. It was a staff made of the finest wood and black like the darkness. As he walked one could hear it hit the ground softly. But something caught his eye and he stopped and turned to look at a woman that seemed out of place for a city that was made of creatures of the dark.

It was why he stopped when he saw a young woman.. Well was it really a woman he was not sure she was small like a girl.. But something about her was off and he he could not place a finger on it. Something about her was just unnatural…And for a city that had a lot of the creatures of the dark that was saying something. Just as he was about to say something.. A Brute of a creature bumped right into him.. The creature was tall and well he had no time to examine the creature before it roared at him. He stepped back from the creature and pointed his staff at it.

“ Do you have any manners creature.. No I assume you do not have any manners you brute because then you would not bump into me and roar into my face “ Arron Said in a cold voice.. The creature looked at him and growled before speaking in a angry voice itself.

“ Watch yourself.. Drow.. I am the true hunter of the dark “ Arron blinked a few times before speaking in a drow Language Ego præcipio tibi: ut devolvat augue ipsum ( I command you fireball to unleash yourself “ And with that he watched as the fireball spell activated and headed right towards the creature.
Celeste

Character Info
Name: Celeste Volkov
Alignment: LE
Race: Vaewolf
Class: Alpha Female
Silver: 1125
It was the commotion that caught her attention first. Her head reeled back and she stared in the direction of the two bickering. Wonderful, it was the dipshit again. Always causing problems for their kind and he was overly hard headed. Her body moved nimbly as she launched herself off of the side of a building and in between the fireball and brute. Her red eyes glared at the red burning ball but she snuffed it easily enough just by reaching out and touching it. She took away the fireballs source of life and watched as it fizzled just before the tiny ash hit her sleeve. She wiggled her arm.

“Do not get in the way Celeste,” the brute seethed at her. Celeste’s lips twisted into a frown as she launched herself and kicked him square in the face. He had to have been closer to seven feet tall and Celeste was only about four foot nine herself. She was fast, nimble, and overall more powerful as the brute crashed into the wall beside them. She left a nice crack along side the building from the impact.

“Don’t speak my name as if you have a right to it,” there was venom that dripped from her lips. “I’ll end you where you lay.” Uncaring red eyes stared down at the vaewolf.

“Family doesn’t shed family blood. It is a rule.” He seethed up at her.

“Rules are meant to be broken. Besides I make the rules don’t I?” She brought her foot down harshly as the sound of breaking bones filled the air. She had managed to break a femur of the brute’s. A painful wail left the brute’s lips. “A true hunter of the night doesn’t say they are. Idiot. Even in Kurayo, you should have a tight set of lips unless you can match your foe. If I hadn’t stopped that fireball it would have scorched your slimy hide. Get lost.” She put her foot on the back of the man’s rear as he attempted to get away and gave him a good push into a mud puddle that had been there. “And don’t come home. We don’t keep idiot strays.”

Celeste stood there with her hands on her hips now as she watched the vermin practically crawl away. She looked up at and gave a signal to someone in the shadows. It wouldn’t matter how far he would get. The Volkov didn’t keep strays or lose their house members to just anyways.  “You should be more careful who you go after in a city like Kurayo. Sometimes it’s just better to walk away.” She turned herself and watched over to the drow. “This city is crawling with people who lust for blood on the walls and the council barely keeps it sane. Besides insulting someone like him won’t get you very far if they happen to be older and more talented than that stray.”

She tilted her head. “New to Kurayo?”

"How blessed are some people, whose lives have no fears, no dreads, to whom sleep is a blessing that comes nightly, and brings nothing but sweet dreams."
—Bram Stoker, Dracula

Volkov Family Info
Celeste's History
TheShadow

Character Info
Name: Arron Silvertree
Alignment: TE
Race: Dark Elf
Class: Assassin
Silver: 102
Arron Silvertree watched the scene unfold and felt almost like he was home. He remember fights like the one he just witnessed happening in the underground city that he grew up. Accept in the case of the fights at home one would be dead on the floor and not allowed to escape.Still it bothered him that the woman that he spotted would interfere in his business, though it would seem the brute and the woman knew each other. It did not matter to him much..He now knew the woman's name although it would seem she took offence to anyone that used it, Which also reminded him of the drow life and how petty wars were fought over who mentioned a name. He kept his distance from the woman just to be on the safe side.

If the woman looked at him closely in the dark as he was not sure if she had dark vision like he did. She would see that He was tall and lean a black common tunic covered his body and over that he wore his finest noble robes along with some evening gloves . . On his arm he wore a noble bracelet from his house. He was dressed as a noble and very few would think he was also a mage.. But he was as he carried his mage staff with him as well. That mage staff was back at his side now and he held onto it tightly just in case things became heated once more.

“ I am new to the city but not new to the lifestyle nor what dangers it entails. All the cities in the underworld are like this my lady.. Everyone out for blood so to speak and trying to gain more power by any means necessary.So I am quite used to it. Although i doubt most creatures here fight for power. No I have a feeling they fight just because they are animals , Brutes with no sense of reason” He said as he looked around him at other drows who watched him from the Shadows waiting to make a move. All drow no matter what city they grew up in had the same teachings, Everyone was out for themselves, nobody could be trusted with anything, only the strong can make it and the weak die. He was not afraid of the brute as that would show that he was a coward. No he would of fought the creature and if the creature managed to kill him..So be it.. That was the drow life and nobody would mourn his passing.

“ I must say for a Non drow I am impressed with how you handled that brute.Very Effective although i would not have allowed him to live if i was in your shoes. But then again that is the way of the surface creatures it would seem. Something that i will never understand since that is why people remain a problem in their lives because they did not handle them. “ He said in a cold voice as he looked around him and saw the red eyes of his kind. All of them watching him and the girl for whatever reason.

“ I think it is time that we head indoors my lady… It seems that we might soon have company and unless you want blood on the streets I think it's time to get into a building and too safely “  He said in a soft whisper as he looked around the shadows and saw that the number of eyes have increased.