Roleplay Forums > Parvpora > Koschei Isle > Kurayo > Temptations [P/R]]
Paulina

Character Info
Name: Paulina Manaroot
Alignment: LN
Race: Elf/Baba Yaga
Class: Bog Witch
Silver: 2035
Paulina’s bi-colored eyes had never seen the ocean before. She laid against the railing and smelled the sea salt. Her hair, once dreaded, had been thoroughly washed out and straightened, as good as it could have been. It left it in wavy tresses. She was doing stuff that she hadn’t been allowed to do before and it felt fantastic. Staring at Gabriel was perhaps one of her more favorite activities as she discovered the new world around her.

He was huffy and could have a temper but it was alluring in ways she couldn’t quite put her finger on. She had grabbed the mantle off of a corpse as they made their way here. The weather was quite chilly compared to the temperate of Feeorin. It wasn’t a necessarily warm cloth but it helped break the weather a little bit. She had come to realize that her ritual garb was nothing to be happy about as it was thin and rather terrible for the weather outside of Feeorin. So as the ship sailed towards their newest destination Paulina set on trading for things. It was rather odd to watch the woman work but she was used to trading with the Sirens of Vila Lake. Magical treatment, fortunes, and possible love was what she offered though the last one seemed like an olive branch for some of the beings she spoke to.

After a while, she broke their hearts by saying they weren’t her type and took their gifts back to Gabriel. “Warm clothes.” She had managed to get a better dress and she snuggled up to Gabriel who was probably fairing a lot better than her. 

She could see the island coming up and she got the sudden urge to do magic. The place was speaking to her. She pulled the cloth hood up over her head and frowned up at Gabriel. “Does it always feel like that?” She pointed to the island. “That magic…” It was the forest and it didn’t feel good to her. 

OOC: Brittlez
Paulina got her name from the song Paulina by The Dreadnoughts.
Gabriel

Character Info
Name: Gabriel Byrkyn
Alignment: CN
Race: Werewolf
Class: Philanderer
Silver: 511
A promise was a promise.

He had done his part in helping her escape that hellhole of a home she had with her mother and other ugly little harpies, in exchange for her services. And so far, Paulina hadn’t disappointed though it was likely because Gabriel had yet to make use of her abilities. No, for the time being, he kept her in his pocket, just itching and ready to make use of her. Meanwhile, they had to get away from the forest, as far away as possible. He pondered as they waited at the port to where they were to go. As far away as they could from those hideous fiends as possible. Eventually it was settled that they would go to Kurayo. The island itself might have seemed more dangerous than that forest, but for a werewolf and a powerful witch? It would simply be a paradise in comparison.

Of course, Gabe had to be reminded the hard way that he loathed being on a ship for long periods of time. Being trapped onboard a vessel was slowly drive him mad and many times he could be seen pacing back and forth or slumped against the railing. He had been so enthralled by his current predicament that he hadn’t noticed where Paulina went off to until she suddenly returned and nuzzled up to him. Peeking over, he had to remember that she was likely used to the southern weather, which was much fairer than it was around here at this time of the year. “Good thing you got better clothing, likely would have freezed your rear being out here”, he chuckled. “It’s a wonderful look on you nonetheless.” Something soon changed in her demeanor, he could see it rather clearly in how she looked and reacted to the island as they drew closer. It wouldn’t be too long now, perhaps another hour if that…

“What do you mean?” His eyes casted out towards it but failed to understand what about it that had her a bit on edge. He suppose that she was more sensitive to magic than he was, but the questions remained in his head. Gabe couldn’t help but to feel a little bit more alarmed by this shift in events, and the puzzled look never left. “Are you feeling alright? I mean, the island is home to a lot of dark casters, is it that?”

Paulina

Character Info
Paulina took in a big breath as he complimented her. It was hard getting used to such a thing. It was hard to even adjust to what Gabriel was like. She nodded to his words and thought on the weather. “It was always much like summer time, as you would know it.”

Gabriel was quick to notice the change in her mentality. It was the way her eyes spoke that could send shivers down the necks and backs of men. “Dark casters? I don’t think that’s it. I’m getting an overwhelming feeling of dread and death. Departed memories and hollow promises.” Her finger came up and pointed to the forest. It was hardly a forest from what she could see. “There. Something dark and yet lonely wanders. Terrifying and beautiful to feel.” To her, it was more terrifying. She hadn’t felt malicious energy this bad since the time of sacrifice back home.

“It just sends shivers down my back is all. The feeling is very strong for how far away the island is. It could be others don’t feel it because malice and dark energy flows freely through many of the people who come through here.” As much as Paulina didn’t want to admit it, she had rarely committed any malicious acts. She wanted to be free and she was being tortured.

Once the ship made it to the dock she made her way off it and stared at the city not too far. The energy wasn’t nearly so bad in the city as it was in the forest, this much she could tell. She kept the hood up over her black hair as she walked with Gabriel. “Perhaps we should find a place to go home for the night?” She was unsure of what they could do in a city like this. All she knew was the feeling that was being fed through her from the forest.

Gabriel

Character Info
Gabriel was a flatterer, there was no doubt about it. He was the sort that fathers would never allow for their daughters to be with, and he knew it as well. Had Paulina had her father in her life, heaven knows that he would likely hunted the wolf down as well, it was a recurring situation in the past for him and the future didn’t look much better for him. Speaking of Paulina, she was speaking of the strangest things right now, what with dread and death overcoming her for some reason. He couldn’t fathom why she felt this way if it wasn’t because of the inhabitants of the isle themselves or their supposed dark magics.

He could only shrug and scratch at  his head, “Dunno, but then again I never really paid any mind to the working of magic, too many other things are on my mind.” It wasn’t too hard to figure out what typical thoughts were on his mind, none of which was magic or anything sinister. But then again she was likely more willing and able to notice it because of her heritage and power. He would just have to take her word for it. “Well, in that case, we can take the next boat off as soon as we get there. Probably be ready for us by dawn though, so we will have to survive the night.”

Being a werewolf, he wasn’t too worried about Kurayo since his kind weren’t to be messed with. In fact, he strolled about like he owned the place. While Paulina wouldn’t really make friends with the drow around here, she wouldn’t be harmed, he would see to that personally. If any of them were to lay a hand on her, he would personally rip them apart. After all, what good was a witch if she was dead? That was at least the reason he was going with at this time. They stepped off the ship and he lead the way into the city of eternal night. There were a few sharp glances thrown their direction, but none were dumb enough to come and mess with them. “Yeah, well it wouldn’t be too hard since there’s some good places nearly everywhere. Just takes a keen eye”, he said pointing at one of his own baby blues.

“That and some wits, of course.” He planned to find a place as close to the beach and the port as possible, and also as far from the forest that spooked her. After spending some time strolling about, he found neat little tavern by the seaside and not too far from the port. Some food and board was what was needed right now, and surely it would help to calm her nerves. While he ordered a room up, he was told that the place had a well known bathhouse within it. “Perhaps that would help to settle your nerves about the woods?”, he offered. Either way, he planned on stopping by and cleanse himself of being on a boat for weeks, along with some hot food for his belly and a warm bed.

Paulina

Character Info
Paulina nodded to him softly and chuckled. “I can survive, I just don’t like the feeling of it is all. Dark magic is the type of magic that all around get sucked into. One way or another you end up a puppet of it. I use a form of it myself but I take caution and always read the winds. I may be a strong witch but I am still a puppet to the dark arts. It could take my life if I thought I owned it.” It was a tad different than holy magics. “With holy magic, it is the tool. With dark magic… you are the tool for it. Tools are meant to be broken.” It was a harsh way to look at it but she wanted Gabriel to know there were limits. “Madness comes from using the dark arts as if it is the tool. Death comes from thinking you own it. Causalities happen when you aren’t prepared. These are the things they teach us very early on in the forest. For all the things the witches were terrible with, they got that part right.”

A chuckle came from her lips as she watched Gabriel move in the city. He was the very sort she was talking about in the end but she did like what he did. He had saved her and she had vowed her life to him as he saw fit. “You would know more than I dear Gabriel.” She waved her hand slowly as she caught up to him.

They spent a long time looking for the perfect place and Paulina was getting dizzy as her eyes would move towards the forest. She hadn’t been completely wrong but it sang to her magic and it was creeping up on her. The disaster of the forest was… siphoning? Trying not to be overly confused by it she began to assume that it was a passage of some sort. A toll that had to be paid in order to enter. It was no surprise that something like that hadn’t been known by Gabriel but still she felt her head.

“That would be lovely.” Paulina was holding her head for a moment as she steadied herself. 

Taking a moment to study the girl the barkeep tilted his head. “Most witches tend to stay away or ward themselves before coming into port. First time in Kurayo?”

“Oh yes, I am afraid if I had a ward in my spellbook that I would have already done it by now. The forest is sapping. Is it a toll?” Paulina tilted her head and stared at the barkeep. 

He had seen his fair share of witches come through. “Not that I am aware but dark magic tends to want to drift to the forest. It might be why you are feeling so drained at the moment.”

“Drained isn’t the word for it. More uneasy and not liking the tendrils of my magic playing house with the evil next door.” The barkeep laughed at her words and nodded. “Even so the bath should help my nerves about it. As long as it doesn’t kill me overnight we should be out of here in the morning.” She wrapped her arms around herself and sighed. “I don’t think it can kill but it is certainly alarming enough.”

Gabriel

Character Info
Gabriel felt more relaxed in a town full of renegades and the riffraff that came out during the night. After all, he was one of them and would certainly be treated better than with the fairer races if they knew what he was.  Despite not living up to such sinister motives and intentions, he would have been labeled a danger to others and hunted down like an animal. It help to explain why he didn’t take to heart on the matters of “good” and “evil” magics. As far as he was concerned, the intentions of the magic user themselves were the things that needed to be labeled.

Of course he wasn’t one that thrived on debating nor saw a point to it, and kept his voice to himself on that issue. Instead he looked forward to be treated like royalty here even if it was just one night. Around these parts, werewolves were given free reign in their actions as long as it didn’t affect that of the drow or vampires. Of course as long as Paulina was associated with him, she needed not to fear anything from them.

Apparently this sapping of magic from witches and other casters wasn’t a relatively new thing, they would come to find out, which spelled trouble on his face. Letting out an annoyed sigh, Gabe made it rather clear that he couldn’t have anything happen to Paulina and that they would gone from the isle soon enough. The first ship they could get on- that would be their ticket out of here. It was a shame that she didn’t have her wards to rectify this situation but it couldn’t be helped and he would make the most of it. Out of the three pleasures he wanted- the comfort of the bed, the savory food and the cleansing bath, he wanted the latter the most and so he leaned towards Paulina while she was discussing with the barkeep and handed her the spare key to their room.

“Have fun. I’m going to check out the bathhouse.” He winked at her and gave out a wave before taking off. The bathhouse was adjacent to the tavern and once he reached an available chamber he quickly disrobed and nearly leaped into the warming waters. He figured it was likely connected to some sort of springs but the relaxing warmthness that took hold of him flung such thoughts away. He submerged his head and body completely in the large tub for a few seconds before he resurfaced and started to pour in some bathing oils and brought to him some soap to lather up his torso.

Paulina

Character Info
She could see that the conversation was boring her dear Gabriel. She swooped her hand up and leaned him down to her so she could kiss him gently. “I shall join you soon.” It was but barely a whisper as she left his side for the time being. She dropped her bag of components and anything else extra as she mentally prepared herself for the bath. It was more so the ebb and flow from the forest that she was preparing for. She could not be weak and she could show no fear. After a while, her eyes snapped open and she undressed.

Her fingers snapped and she appeared at the edge of the large tub. The water rippled from her magic and the air sparked from the spell. It electrified the steam around them for a split second like a racing lightning storm. “Sorry for the water Love. Hope you weren’t waiting too long.” She pulled her long black curls up and tied them to her crown as she stepped into the tub and sat on his lap. She snuggled down into his chest and chuckled lightly. “I found this area too sapping for my liking and took the time to prepare myself before coming down here so I wasn’t overly distracted by anything else.”

She turned her bi-colored eyes to him and gave him a wink. “The last thing I want is my humble Gabriel feeling lonely.” She teased him gently as she slid down him and let her legs stretch out as far as they could. “This does feel quite lovely. Do you want me to wash you up where you can’t reach?”

Gabriel

Character Info
Gabriel sank into the heated water, letting himself be cleansed by it and the scented oils as he brought up a bar of soap and started to lather it up. Pity that this night would be the first and only one they would be spending here, but it couldn’t be helped. Paulina seemed extremely disturbed by this place, more so that of the woods nearby. Perhaps the old stories were true about it, though he always felt it to be rubbish. Still, they would be off by the morrow, heading off to who knew where. But wasn’t that the fun, exploring the unknown for no other purpose than to see what lay around the next corner? With a cunning smirk, he started to wash his neck when he heard Paulina come in out of nowhere.

“Didn’t take long. Got tired of conversating?” As to his nature, his eyes trailed down her nude body before moving to wash his arms. “Still, you make quite the entrance.” There was no shame felt for his actions as he watched her prepare and climb into the tub with him; he adjusted himself so that she could settle in comfortably on top of him.

“Pity. Without your wards, we won’t be staying here too much longer. Just for the night and then we will leave for the ports and take the first ship out of here. Can’t guarantee where we will head to but it will be interesting regardless, no?” Gabe let his hands move over towards her, soap still in hand as he went to latter her neck, collar and shoulders as she laid against him. “Think you will be okay until then?”, he asked as he continued with his work.

Humble was in no way to describe Gabriel, yet he didn’t bother to correct her. Quite the contrary, he took no exception to the complement. “No need to worry over little old me. There’s plenty to do to keep my wandering mind satisfied.” Leaning back, the smile widened as he felt her slipping down him and watched her legs in keen interest. If there was anything that he loved more than anything else, it was a woman’s legs. He loved how smooth they felt against his fingertips, the long ones especially. Paulina had a very nice pair herself and he already tested them out from the other night. Still, he looked on like a child would admire their new toy. “Well if you insist.” He shifted himself over so that his back was to her and moved to pass her the soap. “Mind doing my back?” He got comfortable once again and slapped some water onto his neck and chest. The strong scents from the oils made him and the air sweeter, and it certainly had that effect on the witch as well.

Paulina

Character Info
Paulina shook her black hair and laughed a bit at him. “I’m a witch and I do witchy things like appear in a man’s bathtub and make all his damn wishes come true.” Her words were like silk as she settled into the tub with him.

She purred as she pulled up her black hair and pinned it upon her crown. Her dual eyes turned to him and she smiled as he spoke.  “Wards take time to cast and I need a source of mana. Without a way to get that said source it is hard to cast higher spells than a simple teleportation spell.” She smirked a bit and nodded. “I’ve dealt with worse than an eerie feeling. My magic might get a bit siphoned but it’s not enough to kill me.”

She took her time rubbing the soaps onto his back and pressed herself to him so she could put kisses to his ear. “You are quite fun to play with Gabriel. I do look forward to staying with you a long time.” Her life span might have been longer or shorter. She knew not how long people like her lived. She cupped the water and let it run down his back so she could wash the suds off of him. She let her lips slid over his shoulder and up his neck. She gently nuzzled him and chuckled a bit more. 

“I do need to find a conduit for magic. Something that could help with my mana sources. You wouldn’t know where I could get one of those do you sweet Gabriel?” She whispered into his ear.

Gabriel

Character Info
“Well, I’ve already seen the first thing, Paulina. I need no proof of that.” He reclined against the back of the tub and shook his head. “And the second will be quite a feat since I have tons of wishes.” He was a simple man with a ravishing taste, and it wasn’t hard to make out what one of those things were by the company he kept. Gabriel, if anything, was more surprised by how much of a minx Paulina was acting like. He pondered if it was because her mother and other witches had suppressed her in more ways than one. Not that he had minded though.

“Hm, magic has never been my forte. A few spells here or there, but nothing spectacular really. That would be more of Amelia’s…”  He halted for a moment, nearly forgetting about his sister or their little feud that happened years ago. He fell quiet as he tried and refuse to remember her. “Nevermind that. What do these wards look like?”  If he could get her some, then the problem with her mana would be no concern whatsoever. But for the life of him, he had no idea of what one looked like or how to obtain them.

His mind and body were put to ease as she bathed his back. He rolled his neck and moaned in enjoyment as he felt her hands at work and even more so as he felt her body pressed up to him. A toothy grin was thrown at her when he turned his head slightly, “My, my, what has gotten into you? I know I’m fun, but damn, woman..” Eyes narrowed as he watched her play with him, she knew of the right buttons to press when it came to him. Gabe could have sworn that she hadn’t been with a man for certain, and yet she was quite good with her little game. After a bit, he turned around to face her and looked coyly at her. “Hm, perhaps I might know of a place that can do it. It’s not too far from here if memory serves me right.” Without a second thought, he shifted and leaned up, towering over Paulina. A wolf like stare came over his eyes. “But why worry about that now? You’re here, I’m here, this doesn’t seem like the sort of place to discuss business…”