Roleplay Forums > Parvpora > Koschei Isle > Kurayo > Brothers (P,R)
Raeguel

Character Info
Name: Raeguel
Alignment: CG
Race: Daywalker
Class: Radiant Knight
Silver: 836
He wanted a brand new start, and so far Raeguel had received that much. His children, the remainder of his family, were safe and sound in this realm. He himself was starting over from scratch and making amends to all that had been wronged by him by giving up the darkness in his heart that had been kept for so long. He even allowed himself to let go of the pain of his first love to allow another to have that piece of him. But in the back of his mind, the daywalker always knew that he was still lurking about. Reaver wasn't one to be gotten rid of that easily and he knew that eventually in order to live a better life, he had to wrong the one person that reminded him so much of his past. Tracking down his brother was a difficult task as he could have been just about anywhere in Revaliir, but after weeks of gathering intel, he knew of at least the place he had been and immediately left for the ship leaving for there the soonest.

There was much to think about while traveling across the big blue ocean, anticipation building up for him in what would likely serve to be an uncomfortable affair. The last time they had met, words had been said and light threats were slung from both directions and he was hoping that Reaver wouldn't be serious in fulfilling his promises. Already he had lost too many people, he didn't wish for him to be another. Besides, he was counting on him being an uncle among the other things he was going to tell him to perhaps sway the elder into listening to him. Raeguel couldn't escape his past, but he was going to try his damnest to make up for it.

By the time the ship arrived, the eve was young yet from the looks of Kurayo, it didn't seem like it made the slightest of differences. From what he had been told, a person of his brother's description had been seen at one of the inns nearing the beach and so he took off and searched up and down the city until he found one. Before long, just as he entered through the door, he could smell the scent that was as familiar to him as it was the first time they had met and flashbacks hit his mind. He had been young, confused and recently accepted into the Family. Fear consumed him and he felt uncomfortable in his skin since the Turning as he sulked through the mansion until he came across a well lit room. It appeared to be a sort of shrine and as he took a step in, he was caught off guard by the hand laid onto his shoulder and looked to see what he believed to be a priest. He understood well of his plight and the two ended up talking for what seemed like lifetimes. From there, he had met his brother and best friend. And now as he came into the dining hall and bar, he could see that very priest, though there was much that was different as he looked to see the collection of bottles surrounding his table.

“Reaver”, he called out after slowly approaching him.

The Daybreaker
Reaver

Character Info
Name: Reaver Volkov
Alignment: CN
Race: Vaewolf (Beta)
Class: High Priest of Shadows
Silver: 445
[Rated R for language!]

Hazy green eyes that was once filled with life drifted over from bottle to bottle to bottle. He couldn't count how many bottles were around him but Reaver didn't care. He settled his head back down onto the table for a moment, waiting to pass out from the exhaustion of the last few months. He had been in a great depression as of late, taking to the comforts of the hallucinogens he took to, the drinks he downed, and the streetwalkers he used to drown out his carnal needs and even a blood thirst now and again. There was no care in him at this point, no feeling in him anymore as he slowly reached for the only bottle that still had some contents in it. Perhaps a little bit more and then he would pass out and be granted a little peace.

The vampire looked like a mess; his black hair was unkempt and covered his face, livid green eyes were replaced with hazy, dull orbs and he smelled of alcohol and sweat. Most had been smart to leave him be after the last incident a day or two ago when some buffoon made the mistake of trying to take his table. Reaver simply took his hand and thrust one of his throwing knives through it and the table itself and went back to drinking, largely ignoring the screams of the other customers or of the man. He wasn't going to be kicked out either, given that by the time the owners were seeking to remove him, he tossed them a large bag of coin to let him stay for as long as he liked.

Dowing the last bit of liquor, he slumped forward and woozily rose his hand up into the air to order another bottle. If anything, he'd just likely go a hunting for some blood and fortunately for him, there was talk of some ships arriving tonight. Poor bastards would get what was coming to them. He finished the drink and looked into its container, hitting the back of the bottle as if to try and get some more before he tossed it aside and heard his name. Reaver looked on with a confused, drunken look as a figure came to his general direction. The voice seemed familiar and so did the scent. It took him longer than usual to notice his kin and once he had, a great moan left his lips and he sunk into his seat.

“Hell, of all people…why you?” He wasn't in the mood to deal with Nemesis, Rhyannon, whoever the hell he was calling himself these days. They didn't like one another and he certainly did wish to heard the little bastard complain about him being on the isle when he was here first. “Sorry, your highness, didn't mean to trespass in your whole world!” He waved his arms in the air for a more dramatic effect before he hiccuped. “You were right, Nem. The worlds are a disaster. Had I had known, I would have wished for you to throw me into that fire that burnt down our home. Spare me some pain, it would have. But” He looked at the man he once called brother and huffed. “But oh no, Nemesis needed a friend with him. He couldn't have just let me die alongside my family. Selfish little bitch.” Another bottle finally came his way and he downed at least half of it. “Get out. I'm giving you fair warning, Nathanael. Do it or I'll make you.” As far as the conversation with them went, it was over.

Alt Account of Brandon, Admin :P
Raeguel

Character Info
Name: Raeguel
Alignment: CG
Race: Daywalker
Class: Radiant Knight
Silver: 836
Never had he ever seen Reaver in such a sight before. The normally noble and modest vampire was now a shell of his former self, his company around him was nothing but empty bottles. He frowned at the aspect of what could have caused him to fall into these depths but he needed to talk regardless. Raeguel had excepted for him to not be fondly welcoming him here, but even that didn't prepare him for the words that slurred out his alcohol-reeking breath. He'd never thought he would see the day that the former priest would be acting this disgraceful. There was actual certainty in him that he would have perished long before Reaver would be acting like a delinquent. Something must had happened to him to get him to stoop so low and regardless of whether he was wanted or not, he was going to try and help him.

"Enough. I have come to talk to you. There are much more important things than the past to speak of tonight." He gave a sigh and took the seat across from his brother, unmoved by his petite threats. Had Reaver meant to kill him, he would have done it in their last encounter.

“What has happened to you? This is no way, shape, or form the man I remembered…” Another shot was cast at the bottles, “Especially not you as a drinker. I had thought you’d kicked that old habit. What ails you so, dear brother?” Raeguel wasn’t the same person he had been himself and he wanted to prove to him that he had changed greatly from the monster he had became. “I saved you because you weren’t corrupted. The council was, or at least in my eyes at the time they all were.” His voice risen to make a point, uncaring for those that would overheard them. The situation was far too important for him to care about mannerisms at that precise moment. He needed to get through Reaver’s head and reach him somehow.  “Do I regret making the decision? Yes, I lost control over myself and gave into temptation. But at the time, I thought I had done what was right and just for…Andrea.”

The Daybreaker
Reaver

Character Info
Name: Reaver Volkov
Alignment: CN
Race: Vaewolf (Beta)
Class: High Priest of Shadows
Silver: 445
A death glance was shot towards his kin as he took it upon himself to be seated. Arrogance was still seeping off the fool, Reaver could see. That and his ever growing temper at his clan slayer would surely end the night with his blood spattered everywhere. Never before he had wanted to seek revenge so badly, and yet Nathanael drove him further down the spiral with each new action or word spewed from him. All the while he just stared, venomously as he kept whatever restraints he had over himself tightly. “It’s none of your concern. I’ve tried to make peace with you before and it was pointless. This conversation is even more so. We are no kin to one another, so why pretend now? Has guilty sunken in yet?”, he asked, letting a drunken smile out before he took to the head of the bottle and downed some more of the tasty poison.

Nathaneal continued to prove his case, always the victim and never the perpetrator. What sort of shit was this he was sprouting now? Reaver’s eyes couldn’t help but to roll at him, “You still think that? We all knew the rules, and that we aren’t suppose to kill another in the family, even if they had done so themselves. We wouldn’t have been any better, plus the lineage would be damned if too many were killed.” Another go at the bottle left his throat quenched of thirst and yet it did nothing to lighten his current mood. The conversation was growing ever louder and yet no one else around was going to stop them, likely reminded of what happened the last time he was disturbed and the consequences that came from it. He turned away, uncaring for whatever he was saying, even if he was admitting that he was truly wrong for what he did in the past. Nothing would ever come from it, the family was dead now and only they remained. There was no way that Nathaneal could ever make up for what he did. Reaver started to rise up, ready to leave him and everything else behind until he heard her name. The name of his human and vampire sister.

Scowling, he turned to greet the man with boiling red eyes and pounced onto him, knocking them and the table down. The partons looked and turned to flee from the danger as he got on top of him and started a barrage of punches onto his face. “Don’t you ever say her name again!” Each word was accompanied with his fists smashing into him, and by the time he was done, trinkets of blood stained his knuckles. “Go now, this is your last warning, Nemesis”, he called him with disdain in his voice. “Nothing will change for you! You are still a monster and will remain one for the rest of your days!”

Alt Account of Brandon, Admin :P