Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Kingdom of Adeluna > The Winking Mermaid > Recklessly Careful [P,R]
Gabriel

Character Info
Name: Gabriel Byrkyn
Alignment: CN
Race: Werewolf
Class: Philanderer
Silver: 511
Gabriel snickered at the side of his mouth as he watched the man, who sat across from him with a dumbfounded look across his face. The reason being was that he made a wage towards the brutish looking fool that he could beat him in a game of arm wrestling, with plenty of coin at stake. From his well to do appearance, he assumed that the smaller man wouldn’t be able to hold his own and accepted the challenge. It didn’t take long for the game to end and it was in Gabe’s favor. “Well, well. I do believe it’s time for you to give me my winnings, yes”, he called him smugly, sipping at the brew in his mug. The other man’s expression shifted to that of angry before he rose up and flipped the table to the side. The attention of the entire tavern was gained from this showing and he could only sigh at the spilled contents. “Hey now, my drink was on that…”, he said before he was snatched up by the collar and pulled to his feet.

“You’re a damn cheater! I ain’t payin’ ya squat!”, he bellowed as he looked him square in the eye. “How about you lower me down now”, he suggested before waving his hand back and forth in front of his nose. “Your breath offends.” His slight remark would earn him being tossed onto ground and the man leaned down to punch him when his fist was caught in mid action. Twisting it, he let the man cry out a horrible scream before he rose back to his feet calmly, all the while taking some pleasure inwardly over watching the big scary brute become a little boy.

“That was rude. Should have just given me my money and we could have avoided this.” With a grin, Gabriel flung him against the wall and went through his pockets. Not only had he taken the silver he had, but a few other trinkets as well. To him, it seem as fair payment for having to have him mess him up a bit. Once those possesses were safely secured  on his being, he dusted himself off and had some of the coin still out. The whole tavern went on with their usual business and a couple of employees come and remove the man from the premises. A barmaid approached and he handed her the silver.

“Had some red wine before that unfortunate incident happened. Be a love and get me another bottle.” Winking at her, he placed his hand onto hers, giving her some more silver. “That’s for you, sweetheart.” Raising their hands, he kissed her tenderly before sending the now blushing lady off. With that, he carefully stepped around the ruined table and moved to a nicer, right-side up on and settled in as a bottle and glass came his way. All in all, it was looking to be a fantastic day for him.

Keira

Character Info
Name: Keira
Alignment: CG
Race: Lycan/Rosenite
Class: Scholar
Silver: 1187
Keira's long fingers tapped against the wood softly as she thought about what she was going to do. Her long blond hair was in ringlets at the bottom as her green eyes stared at the tavern. "Fuck it, we'll do it mom's way." She put her hand on her sword and thought about it for a moment as she began to way up to the tavern. She had on her traveling clothes and in places they were a tad ripped.

She opened the door up and looked around the tavern. There was a man getting removed and she smirked. There was about to be another. "Louis Grital, you owe me for that map. I don't draw maps for the pleasure of handing them out." The man stood up and came over to her as Keira put her hands on her hips. "I wouldn't be a bitch about this. Just give me my silver." She held out her hand.

"Listen here dog, I don't owe you shit. I could wipe my ass with your map and I wouldn't bat an eye. Walk away before you get hurt."

Keira sighed a bit as she eyed the coin bag on him. "See I don't care what you do with my map AFTER you pay me." The man went to hit her and she sighed a bit before punching him in the stomach. The man keeled over as she bent over and took the coin bag. "And that's half dog asshole." She spit on him and went up to the counter. "Sorry about that. I think my aunt has a tab here." She played with the necklace on her neck.

The bartender nodded. "She sure does. Whatcha looking for? A night, two?"

"About three including meals." Keira answered as the man brought out a book and wrote it down.

"Consider it done, Miss?…"

"Keira." She sat down at the bar as she watched the man get hauled out.

OOC: Brittlez
Gabriel

Character Info
Did he cheat?

Well, he suppose that thought would be in the mind of the beholder. To Gabriel, he didn’t since he didn’t use magic or some clever device to trick the man. He only used his mind and heritage, was that a crime? He couldn’t help it if the other didn’t use the sense the gods gave half a peanut to know that he was walking into a trap. It didn’t matter either way, he got what he wanted and was now reaping in the rewards. With his luck, he would likely have that barmaid in his bed as he smiled upon her returning with his drink. She was fetching, at least for a human and it felt like ages since he had some fun. In reality it was only a few days, but for him it might as well been an eternity. “It’s true as they say, he spoke to himself as he poured the contents of the wine into his glass and watched her walk away. “I parted a fool with his money”, he chuckled and was about to bring the drink to his lips when he refrained once he smelled another wolf.

His brow rose as the woman entered the tavern and he looked on with keen interest. It wasn’t often that he would come across another, of course it stirred some old memories back when he was bitten. It was not a pleasurable experience, but still she looked quite tasty. Her clothes looked worse of the wear and he wouldn’t have minded ridding them from her body but he kept himself in line, noticing that she seemed to be on a mission. Apparently this Louis person had some business with her, and he assumed that this wouldn’t end well.

Sipping at the wine, Gabriel leaned into his seat, readying to watch the show unfold. And unfold it did, and rather quickly to his amusement. He had a good feeling that the man wasn’t coming out of this as he believed he would, and he paid for it. He couldn’t help from laughing at the scene, so much as that he nearly threw back from his seat. It wasn’t a wise thing to call a wolf a dog, but her words did cease his laughter for a moment. What did she mean ‘half-dog’? Taking another good whiff of her in the air, he wasn’t sure what else was in her. Pouring some more wine into his glass, he followed her movement over towards the bar and listened to bits and pieces of the conversation between her and the bartender. Did she have a rich aunt or something? Either way she was able to ride on those coattails and get some things out of it. Smirkingly, he saw this as an opportunity to ride on that himself and perhaps more if he had his way.

Calling for his barmaid, he whispered into her ear for another glass and shooed her off. Moments later, she returned with an empty one and he poured some of the contents of the red wine into it and handed it to her. “Darling, give that woman this. And also anything else she wants, I’ll be paying. She nodded and did as she was told. “Maybe I can get back to back winnings on this”, he spoke, not exactly giving on his thoughts of the previous conquest he had in mind before the blonde showed up.

Keira

Character Info
Name: Keira
Alignment: CG
Race: Lycan/Rosenite
Class: Scholar
Silver: 1187
Keira was relaxing a bit before a woman showed up. "For me?" She looked at the red liquid as she took the wine from her and swirled it gently showing the class she came from. She sipped on it and latched onto the woman's skirts as she tried to leave. For a moment the woman reacted but the blond gave her a smile. "Who sent this?" The woman pointed back to the man and she could smell it from there.

They were the same, well sort of. Pushing herself up she held the glass softly. "You didn't need to share your wine with me." She fell into the seat next to him. Her eyes drifted over him before drifting to the door. "Oh… trouble." She chuckled softly. The door opened and another man came in.

"Listen here mutt you don't get to treat my men like that." He was seething as she lifted the cup up to her lips. He slammed his hands down on the table.

"Let me show you how many fucks I give." It was too fast of a movement for him to watch as she nailed his hand to the table with her dagger. "You are a right idiot for thinking you could get away with swindling a Rosenite. A fool to think we would stand for it. If Angela found out about it," a smile came to her lips, "I wonder what a Goddess would do to a man like you." The man was howling. "Oh stop it, it doesn't hurt that bad." She pulled it out.

"The next time you want me to commission a map for you be a gentleman and pay me. I'm tired of living in rags and worse than my aunt would be if my mother found out. Would you deal with the Dragon of Arri or The Patron Mother? A fool would think he could get away with pissing off my family." The man fell to the ground clenching his hand. She nodded to the bartender who threw him out.

"Parvpora needs some manners I swear they forget the power here." She stabbed the table with the bloody dagger and stared back at the man for a moment. "Sorry about that, I hate having to use my mom's attitude with things but it was a little out of hand. Dad might be a little more frustrated with me." It hit her and showed on her face for a moment as she moved the glass over. "I need like an ale or two." She said to the barmaid as she came around. "Or four."

Resting her eyes back on him. "Keira Rose, may I have my wine giver's name?"

OOC: Brittlez
Gabriel

Character Info
He watched on like the good little predator he was, watching his would-be lamb toy with her newly gained drink. It was her move in their little game, whether she realized it or not. He was counting the moves down mentally until he was about to claim “checkmate”. The anticipation was thrilling for him, just as much as a true hunt did.

She came over towards his table and he gave her a fetching smile. “Why, I merely thought you want a drink after dealing with that ruffian”, he replied coolly, taking a long sip from his drink before placing it down in time to see that round two was about happen. It was a  different player, but the goal was the same nonetheless. He scuffed at the thought of history not being learned quite just yet it seemed. The fist slammed against the table and nearly took his refreshment with it.

“Oh come on, I don’t need that happening a second time!”, he groaned, taking hold of both the bottle and his glass. Fortunately the woman had taken to the unwelcomed guest before he had, plus it helped in that he wouldn’t have to waste his energy with him. That was quite a lovely perk in of itself. The smile dropped momentarily once the dagger came down upon its target. There were another table for him. He groaned mentally and took a long drink. Gabriel wasn’t sure what a “rosenite” was, or who this Angela was either; he hardly kept tabs on the gods for what was the point in that? He wasn’t religious and the fact was that they shifted more times than the possession of chips did at a game of cards. You could piss one off and likely get another to protect you when you plucker up and kiss their ass. Such a concept amused him but really sounded like a dreadful way to spend his free time. Unless he was in their bed. “I beg to differ”, he said nonchalantly as he leaned in forward and inspected the wounded hand. “Looks like that will leave a good mark, that’s for sure.”

It was a shame that the player wasn’t able to get what he wanted; if he could, Gabriel would have told him that he would catch more flies with honey. That’s how he did business anyway. There was no point in threatening and making a fuss like he had; all it got him was a messed up hand. Meanwhile Gabe was enjoying his “winnings” from the first man that was tossed out.

He was thrown out as well and taking some cloth provided by the barmaid, he wiped at the table before it could stain the tabletop. Unfortunately he hadn’t inspected for her to stab the table, and he retracted his own hand. “It’s much more common than you’d believe. People, especially from there don’t have to believe in those sorts of forces; not without being threatened of death?”, he and chuckled and shrugged a bit before pouring some more wine. He’ll let the barmaid clean up the mess, he’d prefer to keep his hand for a bit longer. Judging from what he saw from her, he couldn’t imagine how her folks were like, not that it would truly bother him.

“But of course, anything you’d like”, he agreed, nodding to the barmaid. “A gracious investor has paid me some good coin, and what the hell…I’m feeling generous myself tonight.” A sly smile formed across his face, “Keira…that’s a sweet name. I am Gabriel.” With that, he gave a her swift bow with his head and downed the wine. “Trouble follow you often, I take it?”, he asked, referring to the events that just went down.