Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Kingdom of Adeluna > The Winking Mermaid > Broken Hands (P)
Eunoia

Character Info
Name: Moriganne
Alignment: CN
Race: Human
Class: Illusion, Destruction and Conjuration Mage
Silver: 2
A sly grin. A loud cheer. The sound of a sack heavy with coins. A Mage was now to be called the Champion of the Winking Mermaid, for her efforts in a drinking contest. Pink faces with beer-soaked breaths surrounded her, unaware of their deceit. The "Champion" made swift to sweep the coins into her own bag.
"Go back to your business, now," she called out. The crowd retreated back to their tables and corners, as the woman seated herself at the bar, next to a man.
"You know that I cast a spell, don't you?"
She grinned.
"I wonder how someone in this lowly bar could possess the strength to avoid my enchantment, hmm?" She inquired.
Silence.
"Well, quite the conversationalist, aren't we? A man of secrets?"
She motioned for the bartender, and two mugs of ale were slid down the bar in front of the pair.
"Please, my treat."
Perception

Character Info
Name: Seier Grosvernor Berg
Alignment: LN
Class: Witch Hunter
Silver: 9
Seier scowled, as he gripped onto the handle of his mug. He glanced at the foam, pulled down his scarf and took a sip, refraining to give her thanks. The sun shun through a unclear window pleasantly at the back of his head and illuminating the dust flying around giving his surrounding some sort of coziness. The sound around him seemingly just whispers from another world. It would have been good.

But of course, the trickster witch had to seat herself next to him. He already knew that she meant trouble when she came in, with her sickly aura and her swindle on this little contest, confirmed this guess. He could always confront her on this, but he didn't want to cause trouble at the moment. In the end, what else do you expect from someone like her?

He glanced away from his ale and over to her, with slightly tired eyes. "It is quite easy to look through your little tricks. Mostly if you have common sense and a clear mind, but I don't think that you can find that here often." 

Seier took a long sip from his cup and let out a sigh as he put the cup down on the slightly dirty table, whirling up more dust into the air. He had positioned himself at the back of the room, in the hope to be left in peace and to observe the tavern, for some companion on his journey. Sadly, there were just drunkards there today and this woman, that certainly wasn't fit for something like this. 

"So what is a Magic-Wielder like you, searching here? Surely, you must think of this as something under your 'dignity' or so I 'Ale ways' thought" He said, and shortly smirked at his pun before glancing back at her, in a condescending manner. 

Naturally, Seier knew that some users of the arcane would come here but he also knew the arrogance of such people, and this woman had seemingly plenty of that. It sickened him beyond his comfort but he managed to hide away most of his disgust. At least, he didn't tremble or lashed out on her. That would have been awkward. 

Eunoia

Character Info
The Mage scoffed. "If you must know, I was simply trying to get some more coin."
She sipped her mug."Don't bother stealing from me or I'll have your skin rot off right before your eyes."
The man made a sly pun and she choked, quickly disguising her laughter as a coughing fit.
"That was terrible," she exclaimed.
"You say this is below my 'dignity', do you? Well, I could say the same for you, a gentleman who clearly stands out in a crowd."
She paused.
"Why are you here? Is it for a fight? Because I assure you I will win. My name, since you were never polite enough to ask," she said, rising from her seat, "is Morriganne."
Moriganne laughed and made quick movements with her fingers, channeling energy into her staff. "Weaken," she said, directing the staff towards the man.
"Now, it's time for you to die!"
Perception

Character Info
Name: Seier Grosvernor Berg
Alignment: LN
Class: Witch Hunter
Silver: 9
Seier threw his half-filled cup at her, spilling the content on her. He jumped up from his seat and threw the table side wards between him and Moriganne. Quickly taking his fallen over, cocked crossbow from the floor, he placed a bolt on it and pointed it at the direction of the woman, in deadly accuracy. 

The magic prickled underneath his skin but didn't do much damage because of his natural resistance against it, the most that was damaged was his pride at the moment. 

Everything in the bar had turned dead quiet because of the sudden fight and some did stand up already, in case they had to intervene. 

"If you use your filthy magic at me one more time, I will have the right to kill you, 'Moriganne'." He hissed at her. His expression had turned to cold determination and he aimed right at her head. "I really would love to do that but it isn't quite worth it for two reasons. First of all because it would be immature to kill someone because they are impulsive and arrogant, second because I really don't want to get your blood all over the place.  So how about we just let this go and calm down?" 

It costed all of Seier' will-power to not just shoot her but he could hold himself back. This woman, certainly was a bit insane for so suddenly wanting to murder someone. Such a mental instability could be dangerous but in the other end she was strong. 

Seier inspected her thoroughly, with a judging glance.

Eunoia

Character Info
Morrigane scowled, and set her staff to lean on the bar counter.
"You ass," she wailed. "You've gone and ruined my robes!" She huffed, and quickly set another Mind Rot spell on the bar for secrecy.
"Fine, fine, have it your way, coward. If you truly had courage you'd have shot me by now, bloody messes or no," she snapped.
Morriganne stared disdainfully at the man. "I'll have you know I fully expect for you to buy me new robes," she said, "and not the cheap kind, either. These were infused with a protection spell, you moron!"
She stormed out of the bar, leaving a wet trail behind her. She had forgotten her staff.