Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Kingdom of Adeluna > The Winking Mermaid > Hooded Thief (O)
Malika Jabari

Character Info
Name: Malika Jabari
Alignment: CN
Race: Half Baethorn
Class: Rogue, Wanted Outlaw
Silver: 74
The tavern was busy, and full of fisherman and merchants who were looking for rest after long days in the city streets or on the open seas. As much as she hated large crowds of people, this was the only place where she could manage to blend in with a large group of people. By blending in, she just wore a large cloak to cover and horns and dragon tail, which was currently wrapped around her left leg. The hood had covered her glowing orange eyes, and the cloak was fashioned loosely to cover all by her mouth and nose. She sighed as she sat drinking her berry juice. Because of her small height and child-like complexion, lots of people thought she was well under the age to drink ale and wine, so she just settled for berry juice. Her favorite was a combination of rose hips and raspberries, not only because of the flavor, but because of the beautiful pink inside the cup that made a perfect reflection of her like a mirror.

This particular day in the tavern was rather noisy, and the air smelled of ale, wine, food, and sea water. Most species were welcome inside the tavern, as there were elves, half-lings, and even beast-men inside laughing and singing with other humans as if there was no difference. But dragon-borns never showed their faces in public taverns, and that goes for Baethorns as well. Dragon scales and Baethorn horns can have tremendous prices on the black market, and were almost hunted to extinction. The girl sighed, and took a sip of her berry juice, wanting to finish it quickly before grabbing a job posted on a board outside the tavern door. The jobs were simple, asking for treasures, animal heads, or weapons, and many could earn easy money if they knew what jobs would be easy for them to complete.

There was suddenly a large uproar from the front of the tavern near the bar. A gaunt man stood in the center, covered in scars and animal furs. He appeared to be telling a story. She was in no mood to hear some drunken tavern mans story, so she politely hopped down from her seat and turned to leave when she froze at something he said.

"Baethorns! 'orrible creatures I tell ye! terrifyin' beasts with jaws the size o' a moutain an' breath that there smells as bad as a tavern wrenches 'air!"

She tensed at the word Baethorn, and spun on her heels, walking towards the crowd, and shoving to get a good look at the man. The small crowd erupted in cheers as some more barmaids handed some of the men in the crowd another glass of ale.

"I be tellin' ye! Ye'd ne'er want to face one o' them beasts when all ye 'ave be a 'alf broken sword an' a simple 'ealin' potion from a aft street witch! Them beasts could rip ye limb from limb in a matter o' seconds if ye got too close to their eggs or youngin's."

The gruff man laughed aloud as more cheers erupted from the crowd which had now grown larger in size. The small girl fought to keep her place, and ended up sitting on a tall stool about 5 feet away from the man. She balled her fists and slammed them into her thighs. How DARE he talk about my kind like this! She shook her head and began to listen closely to the mans story once again.

"So there I been, starin' right into the 'eartless eyes o' the foul beast. Panic been settin' in as me forehead been beginnin' to form beads o' sweat. The foul beast rose to its 'uge 'eight! I drew me sword an' thrust at the beast! Me sword plunged into its skin but it was then that me sword broke! so I wrestled the beat until it lay still with me own 'ands!"

The crowd erupted in cheers again, clearly drunk beyond belief, as the small hooded girl stood up and stomped her heavy metal boot on the ground. The loud metallic clang rang through the tavern as everything began to go silent. The tall and gaunt man who stood almost two feet taller than the girl turned his scarred face towards her slowly, his cold and beady blue eyes almost starring right through her hood and into her own fiery orange orbs.

"An' who might ye be, little lass?" He spoke, his voice becoming gruff and low, and he slowly turned his large body to face her. She drew in a small and short breath before speaking. "M-my name is Mailia Jabari! And I can't stand for you speaking so harshly about a beautiful species!" Her voice sounded like a childs, yet it had the wisdom and experience of a voice who had seen many things in its life time. "Oh yarr? An' what do ye think ye an' yer small body can do about it?" He stood at his gigantic height and spread his arms out, addressing the large crowd that had gathered inside and poured outside the tavern.

"Its very apparent this here little lass 'as ne'er witnessed the 'orrors o' a Baethorn." He spoke loudly, his deep and thunderous voice booming throughout the tavern. He looked back to the small girl and grabbed the large sword on his back. "Shall I teach 'er a lesson, then?" The crowd erupted, with excited cries as a small space was cleared out in the middle of the tavern. Damn… did I really have to start a tavern fight? Well whatever, lets get it over with. She stood with her feet at a shoulder width apart, as her hand came out from the cloak. "I think you should back down while you can. I don't want to risk you getting killed." She said smoothly, as she slowly began to peel back her cloak.

"A bit o'er confident, aren't we, wee lass?" The man said, unsheathing a giant bastard sword from his back, and resting it at his side. "I think ye should be the one steppin' away from this here fight."

The girl sighed, as she took a firm grip on her cloak. "I warned you." She tore away her cloak, and large gasps came from the crowd. The girl was clearly not human. She had a large dragon tail, and fiery orange eyes. But the most apparent detail, were the long and curvy Baethorn horns that rested over her ears. The man paused, before taking a double handed grip on his bastard sword. "Looks like I'll be gettin' a lot o' gold fer this here kill tonight!" He thundered, as he readied himself to attack the girl who had only taken a large silver trident from her back and positioned it over both her shoulders.

"I never knew you, although you knew me.
I never wanted to get sent here, and yet you had no choice.
You never looked for me.
Never sent me help.
Never loved me.
How could I call you a father?"