Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Kingdom of Adeluna > The Winking Mermaid > Nights of Relief [O][R?]
Rhydian

Character Info
Name: Rhydian
Alignment: CG
Race: Part Dragon, Part Human
Class: Dragon Booze Boi
Silver: 343
The fiery sun slowly began to lower in the sky as a group of customers entered the Winking Mermaid. There were only four customers, including the two who had entered the bar earlier. Rhydian had to assume it was due to the merchant ships that just drew in. Sailors usually were the main guests and he guessed that the merchants would hire them to unload and reload their ships. So it seemed like it was going to be a slow night. The two customers walked up to the bar and began ordering their drinks.

But before giving it to them, Rhydian asked a few questions about their favorite flavors and textures. Once he had the information, he began mixing the drinks to their taste. He even used a shaker and gave them a little performance. Rhydian confidently juggled it in the air and did little tricks with the shaker before pouring the liquid into the glass. The two guests applauded, amazed by the spectacle and took their fist sip. He watched with hidden joy as the guests' tired eyes lit up with delight at the taste of it. 

Rhydian wasn't the normal bartender. He was covering for a sick friend but he was still determined to bring his best to the job. His normal day involved traveling from city to city, learning more about mixing and ingredients of alcohol. On the side he would do some occasional monster slaying for a bit of extra coin. Bartending was fun but it rarely brought the money he needed for his little adventures. Tonight, there were a variety of choices from strong tropical drinks, exotic Parvpora wines, to spiced tequila shots. He brought in alcoholic beverages from all over Revallir to give each tavern a fun night. 

These people needed a break from their work. That was why they came here. To take a rest from everyday troubles and find something to enjoy. It was why he served such beverages to the common people instead of going to a noble or somebody else. They weren't the ones who needed it, though he wouldn't deny them a drink either. But it was the common tavern that held the soul and heart of the people. After seeing the two customers were taken care of, Rhydian returned to cleaning the glasses. There wasn't much else to do and if no other customers came in, then it would be a slow boring night. 
Trivian Fauxglove

Character Info
Name: Trivian Fauxglove
Race: Pocket Geminite
Class: Geminite Elder Storm
Silver: 0
Long days of traveling weren't fun for most people, but for Trivian, they were like relaxing in a crystal spring on a sunny day with a refreshing drink in your hand. She lived for adventure, for the thrill of the ride, and for the wonders the world had to offer to her small hands. When she had secretly escaped out of her kingdoms walls, she had forgotten to turn back to her human height, which was 4 ft tall. She just stood at meme 4 inches. She had been careful to avoid Hollows, creatures who prey on Geminites, and had made it all the way to the Coast of Onnen, and had caught a ship that was heading to Canelux. Being no bigger than a pencil, it was easy for her to slip on the ship without being noticed. And it was easier still when she slipped off. She had hidden herself in one of the crewmens bags. And now, she was getting a one way ticket to a Tavern with new foods she had never tasted.

It was not common for a Geminite to approach a place usually crawling with humans, but that doesn't mean that is was unimaginable. So of course, seeing as the only place that was open that probably served berry juice, she cautiously wandered up to the store. The Winking Mermaid… She read allowed. Weird name. I don't think mermaids wink. Let alone have eyelids. Not the ones I've seen. She jumped up to the window, and peeked in at the people who were sitting at the tables, and at the bartender. Hm. Dragon. Haven't seen one that looks like a human before. She hopped down from the window sill, and wandered inside the Tavern. She was almost instantly greeted with weird stares. Whats the matter with them? Haven't they ever seen a Geminite before? Oblivious to the fact that Geminites were considered very rare to humans and other creatures (Besides deities, since Geminites usually bring them gifts of silk and special gems), she hopped up and sat on a table, being to small to sit in the seat and still being able to see the tabletop.

She pulled the hood of the cloak off of her face, and ruffled her long and curly green hair. Ugh, I'm so happy I can let my hair out.. She said, and looked over to the bartender. You guys serve berry juice here, right? She called over, trying her best to sound as friendly as she could, so her presence in the tavern didn't startle him.

If laughter was the best medicine, then by Ezra's Might she'd cure the world. - Oden.
For Xaven. And all the times you stole the berries from my plate and the words from my mouth.
To Chay. I'm sorry for all the times I tricked you into babysitting Oden at alll the taverns we went to. I owe you one. (Or maybe three million)

Rhydian

Character Info
Suddenly, a gal entered through the window. It was a strange way to enter so many eyes were on her. The girl looked to be an older teenager, so he kept his eyes on the cup he was cleaning. He hadn't ever seen any creature like her before and couldn't name what she was. The strange gem on her forehead indicated she was magical at the very least. Either way, she was a guest and something new to cheer up the dreary day. A small smile grew on his face when she sat at a table. After she sat, he walked towards her to listen to what she wanted. Berry juice?

"Of course we do!" He said with an infectious enthusiasm, "The real question is what kind of berry juice? And in what order? If you prefer the sweetness of the berry, I'd recommend the Billion Berry Blast. This drink emphasis the sweetness of the fruit while still upholding the sourness of it. Just when you think its about to get unbearably sour, it suddenly turns sweet. An experience for your mouth. If you want alcohol in it, I'd recommend champagne or vodka."

He handed her a drawing with a list of the ingredients beneath. The drawing wasn't the best but Rhydian seemed absolutely excited about it. The girl did look young, but he'd met many people who looked young and turned out to be thousands of years old or something. Besides, teens were going to get alcohol, whether bartenders denied them or not. He thought it was better to teach responsibility with drinks than let them go drink some disgusting diluted stuff. And alcohol was always an optional thing with his drinks so those who didn't drink wouldn't miss out.

"Then there's the Raspberry Mimosa. It's got freshly made raspberry syrup mixed with a delightfully perfectly pink mimosa." He said with a smile, "A perfect drink to remind you of the springtime. Or if you would like, we have a Frozen Blackberry Sangria Margarita Swirl. This drink is a cool layered blackberry margarita with the added flavor of sangria. It's great if you prefer the sour taste that's cool and refreshing. Or if you'd like something with a bit more spice, we have the Strawberry Jalapeno Shooter. A great drink to put energy back into your bones! It's a strawberry vodka shot spiked with jalapenos!"

He gave her a little menu with the list of drinks that he'd made for anyone who wanted a drink from him. The ones he listed were just a few of the multiple options available.

"Oh and we can replace any alcohol with sparkling juice. It will taste different but will still be delicious."
He promised with a charming smile.
Trivian Fauxglove

Character Info
Looking over the menu once, she then lifted the menu up, and pushed it into a standing position. Being only 4 inches, it would be hard for her to hold the menu in her hands. Reading the menu once more, she paused between two choices. I like sour things… She said to herself. Strawberry Jalapeno Shooter sounds amazing as well… She said. In the presence of other humans, geminites take precaution to everything they order, since some human foods can not be ingested by geminites. Since they're wings are delicate, they have to eat a very specific choice foods so that they're wings stay healthy and strong.

Human food is strange She thought, looking out the window, at the stormy horizon. There's a storm coming, about half a day, high winds, rough seas. Any sailors in here better get back to their ships and load everything up if you want to beat the storm. Or else you might be stuck he for a few days. It wouldn't be very good if we had cargo ships running late again, would it? She stated blankly, the red stone on her forehead glowing. Slowly, two of the tavern guests slowly stood up, and quickly walked out the door. She looked back to the menu, her stone still glowing, as she silently mouthed something to herself.

Blueberries. Do you know what those are? She said, looking up to the bartender, her stone glowing brighter, as something in her bag moved. The Billion Berry Blast also sounds delightful, but I'd need to know what types of berries are in it. Her stone returned to a regular bright red. Also, if I do end up getting the Billion Berry Blast, can you put in some nightshade berries? You know, the toxic ones that usually grow in the wilds. If you don't have any, I have some in my bag. She claimed. Any type of poisonous berry drinks you have should also be fine with me. Moon seed berries will also do, but only if you mix them with raspberries. She said.

She looked over the menu once more, and looked back at the bartender. One Strawberry Jalapeno Shooter, and one Frozen Blackberry Sangria Margarita Swirl, please. Also, add in some nightshade berries on the side, thank you. She said. She pushed the menu back to the bartender. Also, I'm surprised your serving vodka to a child. I'm only 11 years old.

If laughter was the best medicine, then by Ezra's Might she'd cure the world. - Oden.
For Xaven. And all the times you stole the berries from my plate and the words from my mouth.
To Chay. I'm sorry for all the times I tricked you into babysitting Oden at alll the taverns we went to. I owe you one. (Or maybe three million)

Rhydian

Character Info
He waited patiently for her order but took a good look at the short stranger. It wasn't everyday that they had a creature of such short stature or unique appearance. But he was careful to not be caught staring. Suddenly, she looked towards the stormy horizon and began speaking about a storm. This made two of the tavern guests leave, but Rhydian didn't mind so much. They had already paid for drinks and today would be slow, with or without them. It was the gal's glowing stone that had caught his interest. Her stone glowed after mentioning blueberries.

"Of course! Its one of the berries in the Billion Berry Blast.
" He said with a smile.

Then her stone returned to a regular bright red and she suggested putting in some nightshade berries. His eyebrows lifted with surprise since nightshade berries were poisonous to most. But if she asked for it, then he would put it in. Besides she wasn't human so she probably could survive it. And if not, then he would take her to a healer or something. He took the menu and listened to her words.

"You're asking for nightshade berries in your drink. If that can't kill you then I doubt you'll die to some vodka."
He stated, "Besides, I'd rather you come here where you'll get decent drinks then go to a back alley and get something of questionable origins."

He took down her order, then took the nightshade berries from her bag since he didn't have any. They typically didn't keep poisonous foods around the tavern and he kept the dangerous stuff in a different location.
Trivian Fauxglove

Character Info
She smiled warmly, looking out onto the horizon again. Most back alleys only sell rip-off spell books and some cheap weapons that break after every single use. She sighed. There's especially big rip offs in big cities, like this one, and Iria. The last time I visited Iria, I went to pick up a book to read, and it was blank. So I usually just read the books at the library. She looked back at the bartender, looking him up and down. This is an interesting place for a dragon to be, is it not? I usually see dragons flying in the sky or something like that. But not in taverns. She asked, taking off her cloak to reveal two pieces of fabric-like material, one on each side of her hip. They're majestic creatures, not domestic. She stated.

I can see you have a very strong talent and passion for mixing alcoholic drinks, but there has to be other things you do, is there not? Surely you must go on adventures and quests. I'd assume anyone with your amount of power would at least go on a few exiting escapades, right? She leaded her head in her hands, and smiled. If you have, I would love to hear about them. I mean, if business is still slow. The fabric at her side fluttered, as a low rumble of thunder could be heard in the distance.

Adventures were Trivians passion. Her friend (Who was currently M.I.A), Xaven had told her of many uncharted and dangerous lands and fantastic and horrifying beasts. Xaven had been the one who had found her when she was a infant, and brought her back to her parents, and ever since then they had been best friends. When he had gone missing she dedicated herself to charting every uncharted land, and slaying all the most dangerous beasts until she found Xaven again.

I meant to ask you. She said, wiping her moist eyes. Do you have anyone special in your life?

Rhydian

Character Info
"I suppose I like doing both the majestic and domestic." He said with a smirk, "Why not have both?"

Dragons were always supposed to be great and powerful. They were never allowed to be anything else. Always warriors and creatures of magic. Yet humans and other creatures are more common because they are more than just warriors. In his eyes, it was better to do what one liked than to fit in. But there was still a part of him that enjoyed the battles. The thrill of the chase still made his heart pound.

"I suppose I've gone a couple of quests. Mostly to get some extra cash and to change up life.
" Rhydian said, "Life is boring when its the same thing over and over. Whether its fighting giant battles or serving up a drink."

His battles were always deadly. He wasn't the type of person to choose small quests with small rewards. And he always mixed them up, just like his drinks. Sometimes he was fighting an opponent, sometimes it was exploring old temples with deadly traps, and sometimes it was sneaking into a highly guarded manor. But at the end of each quest he could kick back his feet, make some drinks, and know that he had a job and a steady life to return to.

"Special? Well I suppose theres my mum. She's pretty important."
He said with a chuckle, "Anybody else, well I've never really had the time for that. Busy with work and all."

He then went and got her drink ready to be shook up. Most of the drink was made behind the counter but the shaking of the drink was always made into a performance. He poured the parts of the billion berry blast into his shaker. Rhydian flipped the shaker over his shoulder and caught it with the opposite hand. He tossed it all over the place and flipped it multiple times. It was a way to shake everything up and give the watcher a performance. To finish it off, he tossed it high into the air and blasted it with his ice breath. The ice breath was softer than what he normally did so he wouldn't completely freeze it. Instead it was just enough to cool down the liquid. Then he caught it with one hand, pulled off the lid and poured it into a glass before handing it to her.

"There you are, one Billion Berry Blast."