Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Kingdom of Adeluna > The Winking Mermaid > The Devil You Know - Part 1 [P,R?]
Xyaban

Character Info
Name: Xyaban
Alignment: CE
Race: Venom Dragon
Class: Insanity
Silver: 0
[OOC: Permission granted for Xyaban to appear as Raith! :D]

It had been difficult to learn to pretend to be blind, but after some practice and a few days keeping herself blind folded around her home she had learned how to handle it. To that end she had also been frequenting the bar almost every night in one form she had found, blind folding herself there as well. This all worked out to allow her to know the layout of the bar without having to actually see it. She was ready, it was time to end all of this.

He had sent her a message on a bird to meet him at the bar, he had a surprise for her. Raith sat a table within view of the door, the tavern wasn’t too busy which was nice. A room key lay on the table, he hoped that they would need it. He had a drink for himself and one for her expecting her any moment and then he would give her the surprise up in the room.

The clothing had been hard to replicate, but with her massive horde of gold and the one she had inherited when he had been killed she had been able to make it happen. When you stalk someone for a couple of weeks you learn a lot about them. How they act, walk, talk, dress even smell(she had gotten that close a few times). Intimate details about them as well. She had all she needed to lure them to her.

Raith had a room with some nice food and a couple of bottles of wine all ready to go. He just needed her to show up and be ready for a nice intimate night.
Alairia

Character Info
Name: Alairia
Alignment: TG
Race: Human/Elf
Class: Healer
Silver: 2727
There was no denying the intense beating of her heart as Alairia's footsteps brought her closer to the tavern that was to be her meeting place. Just as her hand was reaching for the tavern's door she had to take a calming breath. It had been some time since she had met up with Raith. Quite an excitement had stirred as well as an annoying brother had tagged along on their date. This time, it would just be them. The apothecary was keeping the young healer busier than she had originally thought it would have. Then again, she had not had the urge to leave the shop like she had lately. Delicate fingers pulled on the door handle to open up her sight to the inside. It did not take her long for her hazel gaze to rest upon Raith.

Instantly, her heart began to race again. Alairia smiled brightly at the man that had captured her heart. The tavern was rather quiet for that time of day which would allow them some semblance of privacy. Weaving between some of the tables brought her to her destination. For just a moment there was a hesitation since she could not contain her excitement. Quickly, she leaned down to place a kiss upon his cheek with a light brush of her hand on his other cheek. "Hello, my love," she said in a half whisper.

Taking the seat next to him, Alairia interwove her fingers with his own. For some reason she felt like his skin felt different, but pushed that away. Everything else felt perfect as they sat quietly together. "What surprise do you have? You have my complete attention and intrigue! I almost couldn't contain myself." Her head tilted to the side as she looked up at her beloved.

Xyaban

Character Info
In she walked, now it was time to act and move this along before she caught onto what was going on. Use their love against them, that blind spot could be abused.

He smiled when he ‘saw’ her arrive, felt her get close, and placed a gentle hand on her cheek as she kissed his. ”My darling.” He replied as she sat next to him, intertwining their fingers together.

So far so good, she didn’t suspect anything yet, too engrossed in love. Foolish.

He smiled back down to her as she looked up at him as she asked about the surprise. ”Come with me upstairs, it’s waiting for you there.” He grinned and grabbed the key that was on the table, standing and keeping her hand held to help her out of the seat.

Like a love struck young couple Raith led her upstairs and into the room. Once inside he shut the door behind them and held her close. A small box lay with a bow on the bed, some small plates of food on the table with two bottles of her favorite drink, a few candles lit the room. A very romantic setting for sure. ”A night together, I love, Ria. I hope you like it.” He smiled to her, moving to the bottles and opening one, pouring each of them a glass. He held one out for her to take and then held his own out. ”A toast, to our undying love.” He smiled and looked upon her with all the love had had in him.

Drink it! Drink you bitch and then you can join your lover again for one last time!
Alairia

Character Info
Name: Alairia
Alignment: TG
Race: Human/Elf
Class: Healer
Silver: 2727
Just by the mere sight of Raith made her stomach do somersaults in anticipation. It still felt impossible for such a handsome gentleman to pick someone like her. Yet, here Raith was waiting for her to arrive. Each and every time they met Alairia knew that her feelings were true. It was hard to believe that she had been lucky enough to randomly meet such a man. The warmth of his skin made her smile while leaning in closer against him. Though a feeling at the back of her mind continued to pull at her as if something were wrong. Again, she pushed it away to concentrate on the man next to her.

The healer lifted a brow in curiosity to the surprise that apparently was upstairs. A blush heated her cheeks, though she said nothing. Merely a nod was given as they stood as one. Arm was intertwined with his as they slowing made their way towards the stairs that led upward. What could he want to show her in a room upstairs? Their relationship had not made it to such a stage. She was sure that he would not push her towards such things. Raith was always a gentleman when it came to her feeling comfortable. He always took his ques from her. Never had he pressed her for something more than she was prepared for.

Once they were inside the room her hazel eyes took in the sights. It had been decorated quite perfectly that showed for such romance. Heat lit her cheeks further when she looked at the bed. Hopefully they would talk more before anything came close to them going there. ”This is all very sweet,” she commented back while moving over to the table where he stood. Ria looked up at Raith with love while taking the glass that was offered. Lightly she sniffed it before returning the toast. It was still odd to hear that someone say that they loved her.

Lifting the glass to her lips and took a large sip. The wine was quite tasty where she could not help but take another drink. ”This is delicious. What wine is this?” Alairia smiled down at the glass, but as she did there was a fog that seemed to come over her. A frown came across her face that came with a shake of her head as if trying to make it go away. ”Raith? Do you feel weird too?” The wine glass was placed down carefully on the table just before she grabbed her head. The room seemed to spin. ”I don’t feel so well.”

Alairia stumbled slightly as she made it to the bed to sit down. Eyes searched for Raith, but her vision was too far gone to see the expression on his face. What was going on? She closed her eyes hoping that it would help her stabilize. Instincts took over as the reaction she had reminded her of what was similar to what they used for more difficult procedures. She was about to fall unconscious. All efforts were made to keep awake, but as she attempted to stand her legs gave out from beneath her. Body hit the ground with a loud thump. Alairia could not move anything. Just before she fell unconscious she could see the outline of Raith. Confusion filled her mind before it went black.

Xyaban

Character Info
Raith smiled as Ria sipped on her wine and then took another drink, Raith too drank the wine. He watched carefully with a small smile as the affects kicked in a few moments later. ”I feel fine, my love.” He replied as he watched her, like nothing was wrong he leaned back against a wall and just watched. After she dropped to the ground with a thud Raith finished his wine, it was giving him a light buzz, but that was all.

He went over and poked at her body to make sure that she was truly unconscious, deciding that it was safe he stood up again. Close his eyes Riath focused his magic and his body started to shift as she expelled the mimic potion from her system.

Xyaban’s poison green eyes shined in the candle light as her small frame stood over Ria. ”Foolish, you have placed too much trust in him, Ria. I wonder if he would have killed you in time as well, like he did my Hacesh?” She spoke softly to no one as she got herself out of the clothing that was now much too large for her small frame.

Unrobed Xyaban crouched down next to Ria’s motionless form and studied her for a moment. ”For a half-elf I guess you’re pretty, but your kind are boring to me anyway.” Xyaban shrugged and waved her hand behind her and a magical gate opened up. Without much effort the dragoness got hold of Ria under her arms and dragged her through the gate before it closed again leaving the room empty.