Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Kingdom of Adeluna > The Winking Mermaid > To Tell A Tale [O]
Richard Nicholas

Character Info
Name: Richard Nicholas
Alignment: TN
Race: Human
Class: Bard
Silver: 145
"Gather round weary travelers let me tell you a tale!  Let me tell you of my troubles on the old forest trail!"

The song rang through the din of the of the room, and the strum of the lute played a fine tune for his fine voice to follow. The big man leaned back in his chair with his hat on the floor with a cheery smile that reached his deathly grey eyes as a few of the patrons looked up from their drinks to see what voice boomed across the tavern demanding by shear volume and command to be heard.

My tale is an age old story
Of a man is search of glory
and though he lost his way
he sings now before ye'

The booming baritone was stifled by the small walls and low ceiling of the seaside tavern, but to a lonesome sailor or lost waif this man sounded like a bard of kings, not a man singing for coin among the dregs of the city.

Yes it is as they say
That a soul of steel or clay
Can break down in that old wood
In rain or sunny day

I walked as far as I could
'Till I forgot where I stood
and though the trail went on
I stopped and dropped my hood

Though I am a man of brawn
I could not travel yon
Through wooded trail afar
If I knew not what was beyond

So I stopped right there
and waited for to snare
A traveler to question
which direction might be fair

A friar came with aggression
down path without cecession
and I asked him where to go
And he answered with discretion

"Go to the north and 'lo"
He spake as as he passed fro
"To a town you will be
Though you'd not be able to know"
Jazz

Character Info
Name: Pin
Alignment: TG
Race: Human
Class: Adventurer
Silver: 210
Tired from the adventure he had earlier, he went inside a tavern to relax and buy a drink, the perfect reward after a hard day of work besides, tracking down and killing a murderer is no easy task, naturally he let his pet eagle, Mori, fly free in the sky before he enters the tavern because Mori prefers the sky rather than a closed area. Pin was hunched drinking his beer, cold and strong, just the way how he likes it. The tavern was pretty quiet except for the occasional whistles and fellow travelers gulping their beer.He was enjoying his beer and the mood of the tavern until he heard someone telling a story coming from his back, he was curious about the man’s story so he listened to him, still facing his hunched back at the fella. At the end of the story, he now has full attention at the fella and he wants to hear more about his story. Pin is the type of guy who won’t back down at an adventure, he’ll say yes to anything that interests him."And what awaits him at the town?" He turn his head toward him, he put his hood down to reveal his face and he gave the fella a smile.