Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Kingdom of Adeluna > The Winking Mermaid > Third time's the charm [O]
Nyromix

Character Info
Name: Cedric
Alignment: CN
Race: Human
Class: Commander
Silver: 0
Cedric slowly entered the tavern, learning from the first two times he walked in that a person waltzing into the tavern is unwelcome, his beaked mask dripping water onto the floor, the wild wind entered the tavern and spread like wildfire. Cedric closed the door behind him and walked to the bar, and he ordered for ale, before plopping down 5 crescents. The man beside him looked like an average tavern brute, the brute put his hand on top of the crescents and started slowly sliding it over to his side, Cedric pulled out an obsidian dagger with a fiery blade and slashed at the man's hand, but the man quickly let go of the crescents and retreated his hand.

Cedric put the blade back into his clothing and calmly waited for his drink to arrive, when suddenly, a loud shattering noise can be heard from one of the game tables, and as people backed away, the event that took place became more visible and a man's face was bleeding and shards of a glass bottle scattered the floor, Cedric said to the bartender "Actually, add some blazedust on that ale and pour it onto a flask." and the bartender obliged, taking the five crescents and transferring the ale into a flask and mixing a powder that looked like pouring fire. Cedric took the flask and thanked the bartender, taking a big swig from the flask, he put it back on top of the bar and walked towards the commotion.

The man whose face met a glass bottle was now being badly beaten by the man on the other side of the table, and Cedric stepped in and lightly pushed the man away from the one he was beating. "Who do ya think ye are to stop me giving this lad a lesson, huh?!" The man shouted angrily at Cedric before drawing his fist back and throwing a punch, Cedric's beaked mask cracked slightly and Cedric returned the punch, knocking the man down onto the ground, the man kicked Cedric's feet causing Cedric to fall as well, the man stood up, and started kicking at Cedric, and with the aid of the potion he drank earlier, he blasted the man onto the ceiling with a fireball. The man fell down on his face.

The attacker stood up and put his fists up, taunting "Is that all ye got?!" Cedric's hands dimly glowed like that of a fire, he threw another punch at the man, the man was pushed back a bit, and taunted yet again "What was that?!" Cedric replied, his smirk completely hidden thanks to the mask. "Here, let me show you." before throwing his fist into the man's cheek, Cedric felt the man's teeth break during his punch. The man collapsed, unconscious, unfortunately, no man walks into a bar without his mates (well except for Cedric) the posse of men walked towards Cedric slowly, cracking their knuckles and drawing daggers. Cedric prepared a fireball in his hands, the molten sphere that formed in his hands felt hotter every second. 

Cedric doubted he could defeat his posse of 6 people, but it was worth a try.

"Part fool, part hero, mostly fool."
lilithrie

Character Info
Name: Lily
Race: ??
Class:
Silver: 396
The Winking Mermaid, it was known to be an entertaining place but right now, it was boring. Bored mercury colored eyes scanned the crowd, hoping for some entertainment as the lady finished off her ale. As she stood to get another Sri k a fight broke out, glass shattering upon one man's face. A smirk broke out upon her face as she observed out of the corner of her eye as she walked slowly towards the bar. An interesting looking fellow passed by her towards the fight buy she ignored him as she made her way to the counter.

Leaning against the bar she flashed a smile to the bar tender and said, "Hello again my dear, could I get another ale? It looks like things are starting to get interesting doesn't it?" He let out a small laugh as he got her drink and she tossed some money to him with a wink. Tossing her long braided white hair over her shoulder she accepted the large mug and slowly was making her way back to her table to watch the fight that had been escalating. Six men pushed passed her towards the fight cracking their knuckles trying to be intimidating to the masked fellow that had beaten their friend. Their pushing caused her to spill half her drink and she raised an eyebrow at them. 

She let out a devious little laugh as a smile crossed her face and she looked at their backs with amusement. This may be fun. She walked forward until she was right behind then then went down the line of six, letting her hand drift across five of their shoulders as she finished making her way to her table and sat down. The men were about to make their move to overpower the one man. What fun would that be though? It would be over to fast. Just as they took a step forward the five she had touched froze in place so only one went forward. She would give the man thirty seconds to take out the first man before she released the next, then thirty seconds more until all the men were released. She leaned back in her chair and watched what would happen with an amused look.
Nyromix

Character Info
Cedric took the opportunity given to him by a mysterious woman, Cedric slashed the advancing man's throat open, the next of the frozen men emerged, driving his fist through Cedric's mask, breaking the mask and exposing Cedric's face. He raised his sword and brought it down, just for the next brute to catch it mid-air with his own blade, Cedric was kicked back, thinking quickly, he threw the built up fireball at the two men, severely injuring them, possibly killing them. The explosion unfroze the remaining men and they charged.

One brute charged at Cedric, his metal gauntlet just whizzing by his face. Cedric took out the burning dagger and while the man was reeling his fist back, Cedric slashed the man's left arm off, Cedric kicked the brute over onto the floor, letting him bleed to death instead. The last man, however, was ready with his long sword, the brute attacked, nearly slashing Cedric's arm off, he built up a fiery punch and socked the man in the face, the man retreated briefly before attacking once again, Cedric charged at him. The brute severely injured Cedric.

Cedric sent a fireball straight at the man and as the explosion occurred, Cedric stood up with all his strength, limping towards the brute, before stabbing him with his rapier, Cedric collapsed, victorious, the metal boots of the guards storming in was the last thing Cedric saw before he passed out from his injuries.

lilithrie

Character Info
Class:
Amusement gleamed in her eyes as she watched the fight progress. The blood and death would have been something that bothered her before, but now she kind of enjoyed watching it. The men who had disturbed her drink time were being punished and she didn't even have to lift a finger. 

A sigh escaped her lips as the fight ended and some guards entered. Late for the show, as always she thought as she slowly stood up from her chair. They were checking for anyone living and found only one among the attackers, but he was burnt pretty badly. The only other survivor was her entertainment. The guards dragged away the first man and just as they were about to do the same with the interesting one she stepped forwards and said, "Dibs, this one's mine." The guards looked at her with confusion as she flashed them a smile. They showed no indication of leaving so she continued, "This poor, innocent man here was just minding his own business when those other beasts started attacking another patron, being the upstanding citizen he is he just had to step in but they just wouldn't stop and he had to defend himself." A subtle magic was etched into her words, and that was all it took for the idiots called guards to believe her words. Looks of concern spread across their faces and one piped in, "We better get him to a healer then, we cant have an every day hero like this dying on us!" He seemed to be young, maybe new to the guard, that just worked for her advantage. She held up her hands passively and said, "No need to search, I'm a certified healer and can get him fixed up quickly. I have a room just upstairs so there's no need to travel far either. Only…" she paused for a moment and put on a saddened face, "I don't think I'm strong enough to bring him there myself. Could I possibly get you're help, you seem like very strong men." 

And that was all it took…

A few minutes later she closed the door to her rented room and looked to the mangled man laying on her bed. She hummed a pleasant song as she walked over and let her healing magic burst forth in an array of small sparks. If he had been conscious the feeling would be close to that of a limb falling asleep. His wounds started to heal themselves at a medium pace as she continued to hum as she looked out the window with boredom. 

It took nearly a half hour to fully heal him but when the deed was done she let out a small sigh. He should wake up soon, if he felt like it, but she was impatient. Walking over to a side table she grabbed a pitcher of water and walked back, standing there with a Fein filled with a childish mischief as she dumped the entire pitcher over his face and said, "Oops."
Nyromix

Character Info
Cedric rolled off the bed, hitting the hard wood floor, he stands up, thanks the mysterious woman, and smashes through the window, dashing off before anyone could process what happened.

Cedric noticed that the guards surrounded the tavern and that all of the men he fought with were being dragged away, and the guards were walking towards him, and him, not knowing that Lily had convinced the guard that he had done nothing wrong, Cedric sped off, knocking over barrels and stands to make obstacles.

The guards rushed over the knocked over stands and helped carry them back up. But before the guards could confront Cedric what happened, he had already disappeared.
He, however was already paying for a carriage ride to somewhere…

lilithrie

Character Info
Class:
He had awoken and was dashing off, breaking through the window of the room. Her laughter could be heard echoing after him. Oh this was quite amusing. Taking care not to cut herself upon the glass she too exited through the window and stood for a moment, closing her eyes to focus. Her magic still lingered so if she was quick, she could find him before it faded. Her eyes shot open as she located the quickly fading remnants of her magic and opened a portal, ignoring the questions the guards were tossing her way. 

She entered the portal and reammerged not far from the entertaining man as he was buying a carriage somewhere. "Now is that any way to treat a lady? Jumping out of her bed and running off when you're done with her, how rude of you." She said a smile growing at the way she made the statement sound. The carriage driver looked confused at her sudden appearance but shrugged it off. She gave him a moment to take in what she had said before adding, "And after all the trouble I went through to make sure you didn't die and the guards see you as completely innocent. Oh was a disappointment you are my dear." She feigned disappointment but it was easy to tell she was completely amused by the nights actions and how they had turned out.

On a bit more serious of a time she asked, "So, where are we going? I took the time to heal you up but I haven't healed anyone since… well since I stopped caring really, so I'd like to observe for any negative effects."