Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Kingdom of Adeluna > The Winking Mermaid > When a God is Bored [P/R]
Angela Rose
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
Name: Angela Rose-Volkov
Alignment: CG
Race: Rosenite
Class: Goddess/Herbalist/Advisor
Silver: 17895
She sat on her throne mildly bored. A good suitor had not come to ask for her bedside in a little time. She moaned a bit as she slouched in her chair. “My lady maybe it would be best if you went out for a bit. Tried to do whatever it was you did before you became a Goddess?” Her clergy hated to see the goddess in a slump and the mood wore even on the plants in the room. “Maybe go get a job off a mercenary board. You would be good at that!”

Angela's eyes lit up as she looked over at the clergy. “You are right! Why should I, the one responsible for earth, sit around and do nothing but acting like a pretty princess!” She stood up and summoned Trandafir in its blade form. With a snap of her finger her clothing changed. A leather bustier with pants and boots appeared on her curvy frame. Her long red curls were pulled up and pushed over one shower. “I'm going to go get a job off a mercenary board. Have fun with some mortals!” Her eyes lit up with excitement.

Sometime later

She kicked the door into the Winking Mermaid with a frown on her face. Dragging her feet she moaned softly as she fell onto a stool at the bar and stabbed Trandafir into the ground by her feet. “Four mugs of Ale. Maybe a few shots of something stronger.” The bartender nodded as Angela put her head on her hands looking absolutely bored.

“You look as if your whole world has been ripped right from you.” The bartender knew Angela as did his father before him. It wasn't like the cheery goddess to be so down in the dumps.

“I tried to get a job at the mercenary board but they told me they did not want the places completely destroyed. That whenever the gods get involved nothing good comes of it. I'm bored. I don't have anyone coming to my temple. I have no men in my bed. My daughters all have their own lives. Iva is at that age where she wants to do nothing but explore the temple by herself. I am absolutely bored.” Angela lounged in her chair. “Immortality never get it. Nothing good comes with it.” She made the bartender laugh.

“Drink up. It will make you feel better. In all the years I've ever seen you, you only get this way when you're bored. Something will come up.” He handed her the first mug and she started to drink it. Trandafir lit with a brilliant green light behind her and green magic came off of it.

“Trandafir behave. Someday we'll get to play and when we do we'll try not to destroy everything.” She pat the sword contently and that seemed to soothe the blade's wants and needs.

OOC: Brittlez the lovable Head Admin and Server Mom
IC: Angela is The Weaver of Life and Love.
Angela's 3 God Rules
1. Angela can create a garden of protection and healing around her on command.
2. Angela has supreme control over her domains and can trump the efforts of all others.
3. Angela can bestow her blessing upon the earth, accelerating the growth and vitality of all life present.
Dragon

Character Info
Name: Dragon
Alignment: TN
Race: Human
Class: Mage Warden
Silver: 108
The hole had not yielded much. There had been a ceremonial sword, a few coins, and a letter tucked into the breast of his tunic. He had stared at it, sealed with gold wax and emblazoned with a feather. He had thumbed the symbol with reverence, his breath catching in his chest, and had tucked the letter away unopened. 

That would be for another day. 

This place he had crawled into was neither the afterlife nor the void, but some other-realm. His last thoughts had been of marble arches and dark earth, and his first sight upon waking had been the emerald crowns of woodland giants. He had died in a land of familiarity, and had woken in a foreign realm. 

He had walked for what felt like days. Without warning he would collapse, his body shaking as his nerves flared to life and his muscles seized. His heart would unexpectedly clench, the pulse of it racing one moment, and then slow to a crawl. His lungs would erupt with dirt and dust, ash flowing from his mouth and nose as if he had inhaled great bouts of smoke. He would catch sight of scarlet ribbons trailing through the air, or glints of steel alight with his death. 

And always he heard the soft murmur of a voice. No, no, no!

Despite the unpredictability of his ailments, he pushed on. He found himself free of the forest, and a road had beckoned him south. He had seen no one at first, but then the world had filled to brimming with people. The road had become alive, and he had followed the coursing flow of the river-road until it had found him in the very belly of a metropolis. Around him the world came alive. 

For a moment, a brief moment, he felt relief. 

He stood amidst the thrall of the city, and he let himself behold the world he had found. The streets turned and twisted; the people turned and twisted with them. The smell of the sea - of brine and wet - intertwined with the smell of man and horse. People pulsed around him, a river of flesh and blood and life. The city was alive; its heart was the people in it. 

He heard laughter - the easiest sound against the backdrop of a roaring city. 

"Need a drink, dolly?" A woman laughed from the eave of a building. She hung off a man's shoulder, her insistent hands dragging him towards the dark mouth of a building. The man shrugged and followed her in, his face alight with a soft grin.

Dragon stared at the sign that hung overhead, the voluptuous mermaid swaying to and fro causing his lips to twitch with a sardonic smile. He wove through the crowd, his mind made up. The dark mouth of the tavern greeted him with the warmth of its patrons; their body heat warmed the place and perfumed it with sweat and brine. He stood in the doorway, eyes scanning the room. It brimmed with life as the city had. 

He  moved to the bar and pulled the coins from his breast pocket, his finger brushing the seal of the letter. The coins in his hands stared up at him. There were two. "For the ferryman," he muttered, and shut his fingers around them. 

"What would you like?" The barkeep asked in passing.

Dragon glanced at the coins in his hand. 

"Water," he said, tucking the coins away. 

For the ferryman. 

what if this storm ends
and leaves us nothing
except a memory
a distant echo
Angela Rose
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
The goddess was still whining away but now there was a man at the bar and she scooted closer to him. Her eyes were glittering. He was new at least to her. She knew a lot of the men in here and most of the time when she was in they would sing songs about her. After all she grew trees for some of them to make their sturdy ships with. She was the one who helped make their food. The women were as rowdy as ever in the building. “Get this man something on me. Maybe that one.” She pointed up to a red bottle.

“Not for you we're not. He can have an ale. You know damn well what happens when you get drunk.” The bartender leaned over the counter as her. “You were going to order two weren't you?”

Angela leaned in and smiled. “You know me all too well for your own good. Fine I'll behave tonight. Get him an ale on my tab. Two if the lad is good.” Staring over at him she sighed. “And a hot meal. Poor boy doesn't look like he's eaten in forever.” Angela was not fond of people going unfed. He looked hungry and looked thirsty. Hell he looked like he needed a good woman in his bed! Oh, she would have thought that anyways.

“Do you come far? I have never seen you in here before. The earth around you smells familiar but also I do not want to be overly rude with you. Is that all you have on you? The two coins I mean.” She had noticed from afar. There she was being overly motherly but still those eyes hid sadness.

“Trandafir,” she looked over to the sword who was misbehaving. “Here now. Staff mode if you will.” The sword vanished and appeared in her hand as the brilliant obsidian staff lined with gold. She whacked the table as fruits appeared before him. “Eat until you are full. Whatever is left you can take with you.” She leaned the staff up against the bar as  her mug flew into her hand. She drank it down heavily. “I am Angela.”

Angela's 3 God Rules
2. Angela has supreme control over her domains and can trump the efforts of all others.
3. Angela can bestow her blessing upon the earth, accelerating the growth and vitality of all life present.
Dragon

Character Info
Name: Dragon
Alignment: TN
Race: Human
Class: Mage Warden
Silver: 108
The water tasted worse than piss. 

He looked at it grimly, the coins heavy against his breast. The taste of ash and dust and time was thick on his tongue, yet the foul water broke over his palette like acid. The first sip had sat heavy in his mouth, and he had endured quietly as the bartender howled with laughter. His grimness had taken on an obstinate defiance, and he had swallowed it with a victorious breath. 

"That's why there isn't a sober soul in here," the man had laughed, rousing several others to join him. 

Dragon hadn't let the man drop his gaze, and had taken a mouthful of water in defiance. The bartender grinned and trotted away, leaving Dragon to mull over the rancid flavor coating his tongue.

He saw the woman from the corner of his eye before he heard her. She vibrated with an infectious exuberance, casting her fellow patrons into clouds of drunken cheer. It was only as she moved closer that he finally turned to regard her, his quiet unbroken even as she offered him drink and food. He watched her carefully, a thumb dragging across his lip as he studied the peculiarity in which she held herself and was held by others. There was reverence in the faces of those around her, even as she sat and drank and jested with them. 

"My thanks," he said quietly, eyeing the table of food. He did not move to take the magicked fruits or the tankard of ale that slid in front of him. His fingers were stone around the cup of water, his shoulders tense with his caution.

"I came from the Forest," he said, unwilling to speak of the hole from which he had dragged himself. "And two coins was all I ever needed there. For the ferryman, lest I find myself in a grave." 

The coins in his pocket grew heavy with his half-truth.

"I am Dragon." The word rolled from his tongue like a wave of rock and grit. "Forgive my hesitance, Lady Angela. I must confess that charity is often the facade of a wished boon."

what if this storm ends
and leaves us nothing
except a memory
a distant echo
Angela Rose
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
The red haired goddess watched the man for a moment. “You do not have to thank me, just enjoy what I have brought.” A smile came across her face as she took another drink. She thought about the words he said before she leaned over and got some dirt out of his hair. “You smell like the Virens Forest but also there's more to that.” She paused and let it fade for now before listen to the rest of it.

Tilting her head. “Dragon, gifts from me rarely come without strings attached but when people are in need I am not hesitate to help. You come from a place outside of Revaliir. I smell the dirt on you. So foreign is it to me. I too am partly from another place. Gates have been opening up and letting others through. I search for my family and friends but who knows if they survived the sundering.”

She closed her eyes for a moment. “You can just call me Angela if you wish. I may be a goddess but I am not prude. Just a woman who had responsibility hit her hard when she did not want it. Though I suppose most gods feel that way.” She rested on her hands as she propped herself up on the counter. “I am The Mother, Angela. Lady Earth, Lady of the Land, Lady of the Desert, Queen of the Red Roses, and whatever else they call me. I make sure most women have very fertile wombs and that the fields are lush for harvest. I take care of others when they have nothing.” She ushered him towards the food.

“And you sir look down on your luck. No strings attached. My children on my word. Though I would throw them down a well every now and again.. Have a lot of daughters. They make you want to pull your hair out.” She chuckled a bit. “Wouldn't change it for anything though.. Except the noise. They make a lot of noise. Entirely too much noise.” 

“Angela would you like a glass of wine,” The bartender asked her and Angela pondered it for a moment.

“Aye, that sounds good to me. Make sure to bring the lad's food out for him.” Angela reminded him and soon his hot food and her wine were there in front of him. “So tell me about yourself Dragon.”

Angela's 3 God Rules