Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Kingdom of Adeluna > The Winking Mermaid > Tavern Brawl [O]
Shinobiromix

Character Info
Name: Ravone
Alignment: LN
Race: Human
Class: Assassin (Shinobi Inflitrator)
Silver: 0
Ravone sat in the Winking Mermaid tavern. He always wondered why it was called that, was it visited by mermaids back then? Who knows? Maybe the gods do. Maybe it was the beer controlling what Ravone was thinking. Either way, it was a tavern that brewed good beer.

Ravone was about to walk out when he bumped a larger man. Him being 6"1. He didn't say anything, knowing that he will possibly make the man angrier.

"Hey!" The man shouted at Ravone. Ravone looked back and said "Yeah, what do you want?"

"Don't you say that to my face! Don't you know who I am?!"
the man replied "I'm the Nightbringer!"

Ravone had a blank look on his face "Never heard of you.." he said to the man.

The man charged at Ravone at top speed, Ravone quickly dodged but landed on a table of pirates.

"You've gotta be kidding" Ravone said to himself, dealing with a "Legendary" warrior and a crew of angry pirates.

"…."
Darkhor Saurguse

Character Info
Name: Darkhor Sauguse
Alignment: CN
Race: Drakkollis
Class: Assassin Scavenger
Silver: 829
Darkhor decided that this would be his break from work. They have been long nights for the tall being though. Hunched down and as low as possible to the ground drinking honey mead. From the back darkest corner the drakkollis watched and carefully examined those who just broke out into a fight. As it became more intense he was contemplating whether or not to use his iron claws. Rolling his eyes Darkhor couldn't resist much longer it just had to happen. The drakkollis slowly inched his way almost slinking. Like any predator he suddenly pounced on another pirate with the iron claws pulling inwards slicing deep wounds.

When he did so blood spattered everywhere and he stood tall at 10 feet staring down at anyone else seeing if anyone would come fight. Darkhor said his very thoughts out loud, "Foolish drunkards fighting when someone like I is within your presence hidden at most times." He said it coolly but what he had done and his sudden appearance which he was bone thin, frail in appearance and yet he instantaneously murdered a pirate like it was nothing. No one could tell if he was smiling or not, his face skull like, long fangs and long horns made him look the more intimidating along with his black and grey skin.

Then the pupiless glowing blue eyes slowly turned on Ravone staring at him with intent. People had screamed and yelled when the murder happened and then a momentarily silence before it became chaotic once again. He put his hands on his head and cried out loud from the pain, "WILL YOU ALL QUIET DOWN?! THIS IS HURTING MY EARS AND I'M PRACTICALLY DEAF BECAUSE OF ALL OF YOU!" His voice boomed but it had no better affect on the people. His chest was heaving and squinting his large eyes. He snorted and coughed in annoyance. There seemed to be of no better solution which was either stay an fight or simply leave the tavern but he certainly didn't plan on moving out of here anytime sooner.
Shinobiromix

Character Info
Ravone looked up at the creature, he had never seen the creature before. Ravone, thinking that he was next, drew his broadsword and put on his mask made of metal.

He slashed at Darkhor but missed. He quickly sheathed the broadsword and thought of switching to the bastard sword. But it would be too inconvenient fighting a predator-like creature that was fast. So, he, instead, threw ninja stars at Darkhor. With him trying to not die, he also threw a few throwing knives, for good measure.

"…."
Darkhor Saurguse

Character Info
Darkhor still holding his head when looking to Ravone was suddenly attacked by him. When he threw the stars and daggers at him he hissed loudly jumping back and dodging quickly. He wasn't so successful at dodging though chittering and trilling angrily as he got stuck with a few stars. "YOU?! Dare attack me?! You I would've let go since you weren't the causation of this. Attacking me… was… not of the best choice. YOU made a very poor choice. You… You force me… to do… what I have been running from…" He clacked his teeth trilling and chittering more staring at the man. The drakkollis slinking back into the darker area with his eyes shown glowing as he started to circle Ravone then Darkhor suddenly lunged in quickly making the same move he tried on the pirate but he missed only a few centimeters from actually cutting with the claws. With that  the drakkollis jumped back hiding in the corner. He was starting to feel threatened even with his confidence but he tried to ignore the feeling and focus on the one thing. The one target that was now the man who had attacked him, "He shall die if he doesn't tell me why he now threatens me. I never was intending to come for him. Is it because I happen to be drakkollis?" His tail flicked and licked the iron claws with his long tongue tasting the blood covering them. The taste made him shudder, to him it was delightful but he knew he shouldn't have which made him the ever more wanting and thirsting for blood now.
Caeda Faronwind

Character Info
Name: Caeda Faronwind
Alignment: TG
Class: Adherent
Silver: 238
Caeda Faronwind was not prepared for a bar fight, to say the least. Truth be told, she was not entirely prepared for a bar; the only other one she had ever visited had been apart from the establishment's business hours, and she had merely been a trailer upon the coattails of her elder brother while he negotiated a sale of goods. Then, it had been quiet and quaint in its simplicity, with wooden benches and massive round tables that suggested a sense of community. Now, no sense of community was present; or if it was, it was being drowned out utterly by the vitriol emanating from the brawling men. 

The blonde-haired noble clutched the cowl of her simple robe closer around her face, doing her best to distract herself from the chaos that had erupted out of nowhere behind her. She afforded the bartender of the Winking Mermaid a panicked look; he responded with a baffled expression that seemed to say 'well! What did you expect?'. 

Fair enough. Caeda had entered into this enterprise for the experience of unfamiliarity; the patron could hardly complain about a burnt steak when she requested the dish well-done, as it were. The woman pressed the edge of her stein to her mouth; contained within was simply water, of course, as the last thing she needed in this unfamiliar situation was to be plagued with the dreary cloud of inebriation. Setting the mug back down and steeling her resolve, the woman turned and faced the Drakkollis and the Drunkard. 

"Come now, the both of you,"
she says, her voice piercing the low-pitched din of the establishment like the strident call of a church bell. "Surely we can find a way to resolve this without bloodshed? I assume you both to be respectable men, after all, who have no desire to spill the blood of a potential ally." A bold assumption? Most likely; but Caeda's worldly naivete knew little of such circumstances. 
Shinobiromix

Character Info
Ravone looked behind him and saw a woman, he quickly looked back at the drakkollis. "Ma'am, I'm not sure we can calm the predator down after I've angered it."

Ravone put a throwing knife in it's pouch and said "But this seems interesting, so let's give it a shot" said Ravone, pulling up a chair and sitting down, his hand to his back, clutching the hilt of his blade, just in case of a surprise attack

Ravone took of his metal mask and waited for instructions.

"…."
Darkhor Saurguse

Character Info
Darkhor tilted his head a little surprised at the man stepping down and simply sitting in a chair. The drakkollis slowly came back out into the area where Ravone and the woman Caeda who spoke up to at least give a chance. Though he was angered he took the chance almost immediately and sat down cross legged. He hunched down like he did before staring at the two with his pupiless eyes and was silent. The silence was… Uncomfortable and the drakkollis finally spoke up in a very low voice, "I only came here in peace… I only wanted it to be quiet, to escape from the chaos, the violence and death. It seems that no matter what, no matter where I go it will always follow me. I feel that I am the ambient of all this… This chaos from which I do not understand why. I have a kid I have to care for and I don't want to die.. Why?! Why does this alway shappen to me?!"

Darkhor suddenly snapped and started crying and sniveling holding his head once more. "But in the end I am happy? Am I happy or am I a sad man? Or is it have I GONE MAD?!" Though he was still crying he began to giggle and sounded like he was laughing now. No one could tell the expression on Darkhor's face except for his hairless eyebrows and eyes on his skull like face. The drakkollis set his head down on the table.

He put his iron claws down on the table in front of him. There was nothing he could think of doing other than just sit and lie there. If he were to be thinking of something else it was very difficult to tell. The drakkollis were normally very skittish and this was highly unusual for one to be behaving like this. Only those that behave like this were usually abused in one form or another to cause one's behavior.
Shinobiromix

Character Info
"So, what exactly is the problem? Where's this son of yours?" Ravone asked Darkhor, taking his hand from the hilt of his sword and putting it on top of the table

"And, what's your son's condition? Is he ill? Is he dying?" Ravone continued to question Darkhor

"I can't really relate to your problem, but running from your problems isn't going to solve anything. I used to serve under the military until I quit on my 3rd year, and I can tell you, this world is riddled with war, every nook and cranny, there's a robbery, a crime, someone always dies in this world. And running from it is harder than facing it on your own, now, Will you keep running? Or change the world for the better?"
Ravone said. He cleared his throat after talking.

"…."
Darkhor Saurguse

Character Info
Darkhor just still sat there with his head still down. It tookfor a while for him to finally answer back, "Why should it matter now these days? Just another drakkollis to let end suffering… I… Am just a monster that needs to vanquished like the others must. An illness that would would simply kill a drakkollis child at home. That of which.. Is the caves my kind live in. Just what do I do for a goods causation of this world when everyone sees you as a lurking monster… A predator that has no true emotions…? What do I do when no one will even attempt to help something that looks like this, like I? What do I do when nothing but the other I get in return is pain and suffering? It would be better to think of ending the suffering if I… If I… If I were to… Kill myself tomorrow morning taking my son's life with me… He has… Pneumonia… I don't know I don't know I don't know what to do… He just lies there wheezing and coughing… But what can I do?" He finally sat up picking his head up looking at Ravone. As he finished speaking he shook his head. It seemed Darkhor believed there to be no other solution at the moment.
Shinobiromix

Character Info
"Suicide is not the answer, I cannot help you, but maybe talk to the priests around, they may be able to help" Ravone said to Darkhor

He got up and walked out the door, putting on his mask, as the sun is about to rise…

"…."