Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Kingdom of Adeluna > The Winking Mermaid > For hire [O]
Nyromix

Character Info
Name: Cedric
Alignment: CN
Race: Human
Class: Commander
Silver: 0
Cedric walks into the Winking Mermaid Tavern in search for a job, he hasn't had one since a year ago and he only has 15 silver pieces left. He sits down and signals the barkeep, "I'd like to have a glass of milk, i guess i'd spend the last bits of my silver on a drink" He said. "By the way, do you know any people who's offering a job?"

[Hi, i'm new to the Revaliir roleplay, and i want to know if i'm doing something wrong, if i am, please tell me, thanks!]

"Part fool, part hero, mostly fool."
Harrison

Character Info
Name: Harrison Jones
Alignment: CG
Class: Devilishly Handsome
Silver: 773
Harrison and Avery had made their way to the Winking Mermaid after a few months at sea.  As much as Harrison and his crew enjoyed sailing they did need to come in to shore to restock their supplies as well as perform repairs on their vessel.  It was fairly busy in the tavern, it was the way that the pair liked it.  Harrison took a seat at the table with a map sprawled out on the table.  "What do you think we should look at next?"  He asked his crewmate and navigator, "Surely you have a thought."

"Maybe we focus on getting more crew."

"I though we had enough men."

Avery snorted briefly, "More help means that we'll be able to do more than what we're doing now."

"But that means we have to split things further."  Harrison sighed, "But you're right.  Why don't you get us some ale."

Avery gave a sigh and got up from the table and headed towards the bar. As he stood there he overheard a young man ordering milk and then ask if someone was hiring.  "You look old enough to not be drinking milk.  I'd say I'd talk to my captain but you'd have to be tougher than that to work with us."  Avery said, his eyes watched the young man coldly.

"Two ales."  Avery said to the bartender and slapped down coins and waited for the bartender to return with the mugs.

[Made by Brittlez]

Nyromix

Character Info
"Yes" Cedric replied. "But you see, i'm broke", "Since i can't afford a beer, i'll just go with milk, anyways, what sort of tough are you looking for?" Cedric asked.

Harrison

Character Info
"You're broke, milk-drinker?  That's an awfully convenient excuse."  Avery said dryly, his eyes glancing over the young man at the bar.  His eyes narrowed a little as he examined him.  He mulled over how to answer that question and then he took the mugs of ale into his hands as he almost just walked away.  However that wasn't giving the lad a fair chance, Harrison would at least want to give him a fair shake.

"Tell you what, if you can get your hands on ale, you're more than welcome to join me and my captain.  Come to us without ale and only more excuses and you'll be turned away.  If you can't manage such a meager task then you're not worth our time."  Avery explained.  "Good luck."

With that he walked away from the lad to leave him to ponder how to perform the task at hand.  When he joined his captain, Harrison gave Avery a rather peculiar look.  "What was all that about?"

"Young man was looking for a job.  I gave him a task, if he does it right he could be a good member of our crew, if not don't worry about it."  Avery explained and the pair started to drink their ale.

[Made by Brittlez]

Nyromix

Character Info
Cedric quickly put down a few silver coins and a log of timber, and asked for ale. Once he got the mug of ale, he looked around the tavern for Avery, Once Cedric found him, he said "So, thought about it yet?" and finished the entire mug of ale in a few gulps.

Harrison

Character Info
Harrison glanced over at his navigator before his  blue eyes looked at the young man who had approached their table.  "I'm Harrison Jones, Captain of the Jolly Roger.  This is my navigator and one of my top men, Avery Rosario.  I imagine he gave you a task to prove yourself to see if you're worthy enough to become a member of my crew.  His assessments are accurate and the reason we have such a good crew."

Avery sat back in his seat as he looked at him.  "Short answer, no you're not worthy of joining our crew.  I'll at least give you the courtesy and explain why.  You said you were broke and couldn't buy ale and then I watched you buy it with coin and a piece of wood which means you could have gotten ale from the start.  There's an expectation of the crew to be able to gather resources, being able to do that is an important skill.  You could have gotten the money from other patrons of the bar, stole it, won it in a game, anything really.

"You allowed me to insult you, not once but several times.  Since you weren't aware milk-drinker is an insult, I was calling you an infant.  No one on this crew would allow someone to talk to them like that.  Your mind is as sharp as a round table and you have no place in our crew."  Avery finished before he returned to his ale.

Harrison simply shrugged as he looked at Cedric.  "If that is what Avery thinks then I suggest you move along."

[Made by Brittlez]

Nyromix

Character Info
Cedric had a blank look on his face.

"Hmm, i didn't know you guys were sailors, anyway, I don't respond to insults as responding to them is a waste of breath, and where did you think i got the money from?

Cedric didn't have a better response from the denial he just listened to, and shrugged the insult off.

"If you think i have a dull mind, test it in a fight, I'm gonna go to the Silvas Region and visit the Virens forest, just so you know where to find me."

Cedric said, putting on his beaked mask and brimmed leather hat and walked towards the door.